• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Squid Sisters confirmed for Smash Guys:

also in terms of victory theme, I can see the beginning jingle from the online battles being it

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
...I still think there is no reason to not use the game's victory theme as the Inkling's victory theme...

Anyways, earlier today I was thinking of the possibility of Splatoon getting two newcomers instead of one, with one of them obviously being a clone. Seeing that Fire Emblem Awakening got two newcomers because of its sales and popularity, I think the same could happen to Splatoon. The second character would be the Octoling, being perhaps a heavier/slower Inkling or something like that.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Instead of a clone, lets just add Callie and Marie as another duo pair and give them a dancing and singing moveset, full of fresh flashy stuff!!! And include Judd somehow.

Also! I made a small moveset regarding these little squid kids

Neutral B - Bomb: The Inkling tosses out 1 of 3 bombs, either the splat, burst, or suction bomb. Each have their own throwing range and blast radius. The bombs cycle through each other similar to how Peach's forward smash cycles through her tennis racket, frying pan, and golf club. Inklings are not normally hurt by these bombs in their games, but if reflected or stuck back onto them they will get damaged.

1. Splat Bomb - gets thrown the farthest (think half of final destination and in a small arch), but deals the least amount of damage and has no blast range if it hits the ground.
  2. Burst Bomb - has a decent throwing range. Does not explode immediately, just like in the game, takes about a second. Has the most blast range and does a lot of damage when directly next to it.
  3. Suction Bomb - has the shortest throwing range. has the ability to stick onto the opponent similar to Mega Man's Crash Bomber, and just like Crash Bomber, the Suction Bomb can be passed on to someone else. Has decent blast range and is more damaging when stuck onto someone. Takes 3 seconds to explode.
Side B - Charger Shot: The Inkling pulls out a Splat Charger, which they can then hold the button and aim with the analog stick slightly downward or upward. Just like in Splatoon, the longer who hold it, the more damage it deals. Great tool for edge guarding opponents with multi-jumps.

Up B - Super Jump: The Kid turns into its Squid form and takes a second to charge up its recovery. This recovery rivals Villager's recovery, however they do not have any horizontal recovery, only through free fall, which makes them super vulnerable. If they were already at the corner of the stage, they would have to be just slightly beneath ledge height to free fall back safely.

Down B - Squid Surprise: The Inkling retreats into their squid form and submerge into their ink. This allows them to refill their ink gauge (full refill is three seconds long.) Similar to their bomb special, they leave a surprise for the opponent which cycles just like their bomb special. Note, if the Inkling is completely out of Ink, nothing will be left behind.
  1. Sprinkler - The Inkling drops a Sprinkler in place of their ink puddle. It lasts for 5 seconds long and the little spurts of ink will do 1% damage per contact. It can be easily destroyed and does not cause knockback.
  2. Seeker - The Inkling allows a Seeker to chase the opponent, similar to a bomb chu. If the opponent is behind the inkling, the Seeker will still go for them. they lose site of the enemy when they are air born, but will trace them again when they are on ground. Last for 7 seconds until the explode.
  3. Ink Mine - The Inkling places an Ink Mine where they stand. The mine has a large blast radius similar to the bomb box, but not as huge of an explosion or knockback. the mine lasts for 10 seconds before it explodes.
Final Smash - remember how Ryu has 2 final Smashes depending on his distance from his opponent? Well the Inklings have 4, depending on the direction the B button is pressed!
  • Neutral - Bomb Barrage: the Inkling unleashes all the bombs in the same order they are thrown from their special, Splat, Burst, and Suction. The throwing distance, damage, and blast radius have all increase. The final smash lasts 5 seconds long so get to throwing while you can!
  • Side - Inkzooka: The Kid brings out the big guns and unleashes havoc with the Inkzooka. Each shot is the height of the highest battlefield platform and travels half of final destination length! It can gather multiple enemies in its way and send them flying afterwards. Gives a total of 5 shots and only lasts for 10 seconds if not all 5 are used.
  • Up - Ink Strike: The Squid uses its Super Jump but brings a little friend with it. That's right, the Ink Strike! They kamikaze dive into a selected portion that is quickly selected before the nuke explodes. The Inkling is unharmed, but the same can't be said for its opponent.
  • Down - Kraken: The Squid-Kid turns into the mighty Kraken! This final smash lasts for 8 seconds and makes the Squid super fast. Press A or B to spin into your enemies and send them flying as if they were released from a tornado.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
...I still think there is no reason to not use the game's victory theme as the Inkling's victory theme...

Anyways, earlier today I was thinking of the possibility of Splatoon getting two newcomers instead of one, with one of them obviously being a clone. Seeing that Fire Emblem Awakening got two newcomers because of its sales and popularity, I think the same could happen to Splatoon. The second character would be the Octoling, being perhaps a heavier/slower Inkling or something like that.
I think they should only get one character. Even if it's just a clone, the series is still just starting and should only get a new one character for the time being.

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
Squid Sisters confirmed for Smash Guys:

also in terms of victory theme, I can see the beginning jingle from the online battles being it

The guy is pretty good at SFM (if you call janky rushed work good), too bad the guy is neither a story teller nor a film director.

Also yes Looking at Lucina as a legit new character in sakurai's eyes.... I do see octoling as a likely clone character.

And how many times does it need to be repeated? Characters that work like two characters cannot be made anymore due to hardware limitations of the portable versions of smash.

Besides, Callie and Marie don't belong as smash characters simple because combat is not their role in the game.

Much rather them being a useless assist trophy that changes the stage music into their song as they dance the routine they do automatically getting teleported to the "center stage" of the stage (makes coding them in easier-making them dance where they get summoned is a bucket load of bugs waiting to happen).

Last edited:

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
You're like the campaign manager rolling out all of this content to promote the Inklings. Good job.
Like I said, I put work in on "The Royvolution" Twitter. I was also told I was an amazing leader and did an outstanding job on Twitter. When I want a favorite character of mine in, I go hard.

Can't forget when I was thanked for Roy work too

Once again, I thank you as true leaders. I also thank Matt from The Royvolution for stepping up to the plate so well, he's now one of our most confident members who is willing to take leadership when Roy hate crippled him in the past.

Blue_Edge

Smash Rookie
Instead of a clone, lets just add Callie and Marie as another duo pair and give them a dancing and singing moveset, full of fresh flashy stuff!!! And include Judd somehow.

Also! I made a small moveset regarding these little squid kids

Neutral B - Bomb: The Inkling tosses out 1 of 3 bombs, either the splat, burst, or suction bomb. Each have their own throwing range and blast radius. The bombs cycle through each other similar to how Peach's forward smash cycles through her tennis racket, frying pan, and golf club. Inklings are not normally hurt by these bombs in their games, but if reflected or stuck back onto them they will get damaged.

1. Splat Bomb - gets thrown the farthest (think half of final destination and in a small arch), but deals the least amount of damage and has no blast range if it hits the ground.
  2. Burst Bomb - has a decent throwing range. Does not explode immediately, just like in the game, takes about a second. Has the most blast range and does a lot of damage when directly next to it.
  3. Suction Bomb - has the shortest throwing range. has the ability to stick onto the opponent similar to Mega Man's Crash Bomber, and just like Crash Bomber, the Suction Bomb can be passed on to someone else. Has decent blast range and is more damaging when stuck onto someone. Takes 3 seconds to explode.
Side B - Charger Shot: The Inkling pulls out a Splat Charger, which they can then hold the button and aim with the analog stick slightly downward or upward. Just like in Splatoon, the longer who hold it, the more damage it deals. Great tool for edge guarding opponents with multi-jumps.

Up B - Super Jump: The Kid turns into its Squid form and takes a second to charge up its recovery. This recovery rivals Villager's recovery, however they do not have any horizontal recovery, only through free fall, which makes them super vulnerable. If they were already at the corner of the stage, they would have to be just slightly beneath ledge height to free fall back safely.

Down B - Squid Surprise: The Inkling retreats into their squid form and submerge into their ink. This allows them to refill their ink gauge (full refill is three seconds long.) Similar to their bomb special, they leave a surprise for the opponent which cycles just like their bomb special. Note, if the Inkling is completely out of Ink, nothing will be left behind.
  1. Sprinkler - The Inkling drops a Sprinkler in place of their ink puddle. It lasts for 5 seconds long and the little spurts of ink will do 1% damage per contact. It can be easily destroyed and does not cause knockback.
  2. Seeker - The Inkling allows a Seeker to chase the opponent, similar to a bomb chu. If the opponent is behind the inkling, the Seeker will still go for them. they lose site of the enemy when they are air born, but will trace them again when they are on ground. Last for 7 seconds until the explode.
  3. Ink Mine - The Inkling places an Ink Mine where they stand. The mine has a large blast radius similar to the bomb box, but not as huge of an explosion or knockback. the mine lasts for 10 seconds before it explodes.
Final Smash - remember how Ryu has 2 final Smashes depending on his distance from his opponent? Well the Inklings have 4, depending on the direction the B button is pressed!
  • Neutral - Bomb Barrage: the Inkling unleashes all the bombs in the same order they are thrown from their special, Splat, Burst, and Suction. The throwing distance, damage, and blast radius have all increase. The final smash lasts 5 seconds long so get to throwing while you can!
  • Side - Inkzooka: The Kid brings out the big guns and unleashes havoc with the Inkzooka. Each shot is the height of the highest battlefield platform and travels half of final destination length! It can gather multiple enemies in its way and send them flying afterwards. Gives a total of 5 shots and only lasts for 10 seconds if not all 5 are used.
  • Up - Ink Strike: The Squid uses its Super Jump but brings a little friend with it. That's right, the Ink Strike! They kamikaze dive into a selected portion that is quickly selected before the nuke explodes. The Inkling is unharmed, but the same can't be said for its opponent.
  • Down - Kraken: The Squid-Kid turns into the mighty Kraken! This final smash lasts for 8 seconds and makes the Squid super fast. Press A or B to spin into your enemies and send them flying as if they were released from a tornado.
That sounds like an extremely good character. Maybe too good.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
And how many times does it need to be repeated? Characters that work like two characters cannot be made anymore due to hardware limitations of the portable versions of smash.

Besides, Callie and Marie don't belong as smash characters simple because combat is not their role in the game.
You do realize there are more ways to incorporate duo pairs similar to Rosalina and Luma and Duck Hunt, correct? Thats why Ice Climber fans such as myself still have hope for them. Have some creativity.

And also:

Hi, remember me?

That sounds like an extremely good character. Maybe too good.
Haha, although I only slightly mentioned it, the Inklings run off an ink gauge, similar to their game so their down B is essential. Its best to not let them get to an empty tank because then they're basically screwed unless you throw the opponent away

Last edited:

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
Rosalina (Luma doesn't act pseudo independent) and Duck hunt act as one character.

Ice climbers acts like a 2nd player with AI. It broke 8 players on WiiU because it was processing 16 players.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Rosalina (Luma doesn't act pseudo independent) and Duck hunt act as one character.

Ice climbers acts like a 2nd player with AI. It broke 8 players on WiiU because it was processing 16 players.
I never once said that both characters were like that, I know how they work. But they're still a pair. And that last part of your comment is speculation. Never confirmed or even implied.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Problems with the Squid Sisters:
  • Unnecessary to begin with. The Inkling is the only Splatoon rep we need.
  • Have the same problems that the ICs had. Rosaluma and Duck Hunt are different; Luma is basically an interactive projectile, and DHD is just one character functionally, but with two models. It's no different from something like Marth's sword.
  • No real unique potential. The ICs already take the spot of duo character, so that wouldn't be unique. They don't do anything really besides host a news program and sing. Even WFT has a wide variety of actions in Wii Fit. WFT is excusable anyways since she's the sole representative of a popular series, which Callie and Marie wouldn't be.
I like them as much as the next guy, don't get me wrong. I just don't see why they should be in Smash.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Sorry if I come off as obnoxious here, but the squid sisters discussion keeps circling back with the same points being made every few pages. See MunoMario's post above mine that explains it all.

We should just be hoping for the Inklings. Until Splatoon becomes a franchise with inevitable future installments, its tough to argue for the Sisters and multiple reps in general. Maybe after Splatoon 2 toward the end of the NX's lifespan (Nothing has actually been confirmed), the Squid Sisters might seem like amazing choices for smash bros, but right now the opposite holds true.

Reila

I think they should only get one character. Even if it's just a clone, the series is still just starting and should only get a new one character for the time being.
Well, that is your opinion, which I heavily disagree with.

If Fire Emblem can get two newcomers when it wasn't even known in the west (back in Melee), so can Splatoon (which is a series well known at this point)
Until Splatoon becomes a franchise with inevitable future installments
It already is. Splatoon is a new IP that is selling almost as much as Smash Bros Wii U. It is obvious that Nintendo will develop Splatoon 2 or w/e.

Edit: Also, I am not hoping for the Inklings because their inclusion is inevitable, be it as Smash 4 DLC or in Smash 5.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114

If Fire Emblem can get two newcomers when it wasn't even know in the west (back in Melee), so can Splatoon (which is a series well known at this point
Roy is a clone. The Squid Sisters would not be.

FE had been out for about eleven years before Melee happened, by the way. Smash is made in Japan, so the fact that it was Japan only before that point is irrelevant. FE proved its worth with multiple games, so it got multiple characters.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Roy was actually an exception. Wasn't he included to advertise the new FE game since Melee was his first ever game? Meanwhile, Lucina was added to Smash 4 as an additional FE character based on her popularity (plus the whole, different characteristic = different character slot Sakurai mentality).

I understand Splatoon is selling exceptionally well, I was judging a franchise based on having more than one game. (Maybe I meant to say series, my bad). I'd expect the Inklings as DLC for 4 and possibly a new rep for smash 5 (Maybe Splatoon will have a rival type character that will be brought to smash). Similar to my belief in Xenoblade getting a second rep for smash 5 from X since the popularity of the series and the franchise itself are growing with the sequel launching in the winter. Nintendo has been pushing both Splatoon and Xenoblade pretty hard lately. Although, there's a chance I'm biased when it comes to Xenoblade.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

If Fire Emblem can get two newcomers when it wasn't even known in the west (back in Melee), so can Splatoon (which is a series well known at this point)
True, but either way the Octolings would be pretty pointless. Inkling are the main thing we need to represent the series, anything else wouldn't really be needed.
Also, on the topic of Callie and Marie, what would their moveset be? We haven't really seen the weapons they use, we just know that Marie uses a Charger, and we don't even know that for sure.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
It already is. Splatoon is a new IP that is selling almost as much as Smash Bros Wii U. It is obvious that Nintendo will develop Splatoon 2 or w/e.
Splatoon is a game, not a franchise. Franchise status comes when the game gets some sequels.
Edit: Also, I am not hoping for the Inklings because their inclusion is inevitable, be it as Smash 4 DLC or in Smash 5.
I don't see that as a reason not to hope for a character. People were hoping for veterans to return pre-release, which is much more likely than almost any newcomer.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
True, but either way the Octolings would be pretty pointless. Inkling are the main thing we need to represent the series, anything else wouldn't really be needed.
Also, on the topic of Callie and Marie, what would their moveset be? We haven't really seen the weapons they use, we just know that Marie uses a Charger, and we don't even know that for sure.
I think its hinted that Callie uses a roller and Marie a charger based on one of their stage select banters.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I only brought up Callie and Marie because someone brought the topic of a second splatoon character. of course we only need the Inklings, but if another was added, the only applicable ones would be them. Octolings can just be a skin, or I guess if they actually wanted too, they can be clones, but of course that would be boring. But now its just turned into a debate and everyone keeps bringing up how one will be like Nana's AI when they could work differently. Perhaps we should drop the topic all together?

Also @HeavyLobster is there anyway my moveset can make the OP as well?

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Hmmm. Touche and very interesting concept. Add me to the list. But basing it off of popularity, which seems to be a usual consideration for the characters, they'd probably be selected over him.
There's also the issue of having actual moveset potential, which the Squid Sisters don't -- at least, not that I can see. It's why the Villager wasn't included in Brawl -- Sakurai couldn't think of any moveset potential, despite the series's popularity.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
There's also the issue of having actual moveset potential, which the Squid Sisters don't -- at least, not that I can see. It's why the Villager wasn't included in Brawl -- Sakurai couldn't think of any moveset potential, despite the series's popularity.
I feel like at this point, the whole "don't have a moveset" argument is dead. We've had characters who have completely original movesets (Captain Falcon, somewhat Fox, R.O.B., etc) and characters who seemed impossible (Villager) and were made possible. Check out my thread for them that I just made. I'm gonna try to make my moveset for them soon

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I feel like at this point, the whole "don't have a moveset" argument is dead. We've had characters who have completely original movesets (Captain Falcon, somewhat Fox, R.O.B., etc) and characters who seemed impossible (Villager) and were made possible. Check out my thread for them that I just made. I'm gonna try to make my moveset for them soon
As I touched on above, those characters are inkluded because they are the sole representatives of their respective series. The series in question is rather popular -- or in R.O.B.'s case, he saved the industry -- ergo, they have a character in Smash. If the character "needs" to get in to represent a franchise, then movesets can be improvised. In the case of the Squid Sisters, they're far from necessary. The Inkling alone would represent the series just fine, and the Octolings and Cap'n Cuttlefish are in front of the Squid Sisters when it comes to a second rep -- they have actual moveset potential. The Squid Sisters lack moveset potential, and aren't necessary to represent a series. There's no real good reason for them to be inkluded in Smash Brothers.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
As I touched on above, those characters are inkluded because they are the sole representatives of their respective series. The series in question is rather popular -- or in R.O.B.'s case, he saved the industry -- ergo, they have a character in Smash. If the character "needs" to get in to represent a franchise, then movesets can be improvised. In the case of the Squid Sisters, they're far from necessary. The Inkling alone would represent the series just fine, and the Octolings and Cap'n Cuttlefish are in front of the Squid Sisters when it comes to a second rep -- they have actual moveset potential. The Squid Sisters lack moveset potential, and aren't necessary to represent a series. There's no real good reason for them to be inkluded in Smash Brothers.
I hit like this post as soon as I saw "those characters are inkluded."

With September starting up, I'm confident we'll get some smash news sometime soon. Naturally more Splatoon updates too

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
He'd be my second choice for an additional Splatoon rep, after the Octolings. He could make a good AT as well.
meet you half way.

young cuttlefish as an inkling skin. Could it be the real deal? A descendant? Or just a cosplayer? plus it kinda justifies why an inkling in smash brings along several weapons at once, (because its freakin cuttlefish)

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims

Not half bad eh?
It looks good and I don't mean to nitpick, but if Inkling is there shouldn't the other DLC characters come before her? Also, it seems odd the Inkling has her icon in the background while no one else does. Make those changes and it could be a fake leak that GameFAQs would believe. Course I'm kidding. We don't want to advocate spreading fake leaks

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
It looks good and I don't mean to nitpick, but if Inkling is there shouldn't the other DLC characters come before her? Also, it seems odd the Inkling has her icon in the background while no one else does. Make those changes and it could be a fake leak that GameFAQs would believe. Course I'm kidding. We don't want to advocate spreading fake leaks
I made the icon for a different purpose, hence the icon and odd placement. It's just a little comparison image. I've got about ten others here, with movesets for each! :)

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I made the icon for a different purpose, hence the icon and odd placement. It's just a little comparison image. I've got about ten others here, with movesets for each! :)
That makes more sense. Not trying to derail the topic, but you certainly picked some interesting characters to write about. I always liked Shadow and Silver although Shadow was supposed to get killed off in SA2 but lived for popularity reasons. also Cat Mario in MK8 was enough. However, if Nintendo opts for more alts in Smash 5 then I can see that costume making the cut. Actually, an Inkling dressed up as Captain Cuttlefish, Callie and Marie could work as different costumes. Of course picking random clothes from the game works too.

Speaking of Sonic. I bet one of the splatfests will be Mario vs Sonic to coincide with the release of Mario and Sonic at the whatever Olympic Games are going on in the future.

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
That makes more sense. Not trying to derail the topic, but you certainly picked some interesting characters to write about. I always liked Shadow and Silver although Shadow was supposed to get killed off in SA2 but lived for popularity reasons. also Cat Mario in MK8 was enough. However, if Nintendo opts for more alts in Smash 5 then I can see that costume making the cut. Actually, an Inkling dressed up as Captain Cuttlefish, Callie and Marie could work as different costumes. Of course picking random clothes from the game works too.

Speaking of Sonic. I bet one of the splatfests will be Mario vs Sonic to coincide with the release of Mario and Sonic at the whatever Olympic Games are going on in the future.
sure that would make everyone happy.

but how many alts do you think inklings would be allowed max? Splatoon ain't exactly bowser jr.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
For alts, I'd just prefer four male, four female Inklings -- with different ink colors ofc -- and an Octoling alt, like I inkluded in my moveset.

Reila

The only thing I want in regards of alts is at least two brown skinned Inklings. If all eight alts are white skinned I will be truly disappointed with Sakurai and I will likely ignoring the Inklings in Smash. My Inkling is brown skinned and I don't want to play with a white skinned one. Also, I don't think there will be an Octoling alt, since the Octolings' proportions are quite different.

Anyways, if anyone still doubts Splatoon is here to stay and that sequels are guaranteed: Splatoon sold more than Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in the same time frame (14 weeks). Smash sold 602K while Splatoon sold 607k. Obviously the Smash Wii U sales were affected by the existence of the 3DS version, but selling this much still is quite the feat for a new IP like Splatoon. Either way, I am really glad it didn't bomb like The Wonderful 101 did.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177316523&postcount=59

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
The only thing I want in regards of alts is at least two brown skinned Inklings. If all eight alts are white skinned I will be truly disappointed with Sakurai and I will likely ignoring the Inklings in Smash. My Inkling is brown skinned and I don't want to play with a white skinned one. Also, I don't think there will be an Octoling alt, since the Octolings' proportions are quite different.

Anyways, if anyone still doubts Splatoon is here to stay and that sequels are guaranteed: Splatoon sold more than Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in the same time frame (14 weeks). Smash sold 602K while Splatoon sold 607k. Obviously the Smash Wii U sales were affected by the existence of the 3DS version, but selling this much still is quite the feat for a new IP like Splatoon. Either way, I am really glad it didn't bomb like The Wonderful 101 did.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=177316523&postcount=59
That's awesome to hear about their sales. I'm confident we'll get alts with different skin tones for Splatoon, especially since character customization is crucial to the game. While I never finished W101, I think the game's underrated.

Not trying to take anything away from Splatoon's success, but more people probably had Wii U's when Splatoon launched versus Smash Bros. Regardless, if Splatoon is outpacing Smash Bros, Nintendo might rethink some of their development strategies and take bigger risks with new IPs and existing franchises.

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Anyways, if anyone still doubts Splatoon is here to stay and that sequels are guaranteed: Splatoon sold more than Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in the same time frame (14 weeks). Smash sold 602K while Splatoon sold 607k
They sold how much?

Last edited:
Top Bottom