• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The stage will only stay on S.S. Flavion for about a minute, it'd be impossible to remix the entire Rogueport theme into it. Half the song would be cut off when it's time for the Bowser's Castle segment.
Then, I don't know why they didn't kept the middle part and cut the end.

Anyway, that's just the music, the stage is another thing. It's really awesome and I'm super hyped for it.

On a side note, me and some big supporters here got the demo early :)

The preview of the stage is really teasing me...

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
One of my DLC wishes came true! Let's all jump back on the Paper Mario train!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
There's still hope for you @ aldelaro5 aldelaro5
Admittedly I don't think that they will put Paper Mario in as a DLC character, but there is still that shred of hope that it could still be possible. I don't frequent the Character Discussion threads, but I'll still be rootin' for ya' from the sidelines. Good luck!
~Blargg

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I think I laughed so hard seeing that Mewtwo was coming as DLC. I just somehow knew that they would do it the same way I thought they would with having to buy both versions to get the free download. Just didn't know it was Mewtwo. I'm still up for supporting Paper Mario even if his chances are still limited.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
First post but please put me on board we need paper mario who cares if we already have 7 mario characters none are as original as paper mario could be

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
oh my freaking god MY THREAD!!!!!

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Expect me to love mewtwo now, this is really hype now.

Sorry for the delay, I was discussing direct in a pm abotu Paper Mario (I still hold it).

There's definetely reasons to support now, but this time, NO DEADLINES!!!

Meaning the support is going to be a bit more casusal since you can't assume it's the final roster...

So, I will chnage the tittle, I had planned to stream pm64 this weekend, but due to circumstances, I may not do it for the whole weekend.

The OP needs a major revamp, but don't worry, your movesets and ideas is going to stay. With how much contents it would require from confirmed to speculation, I may need to take over your post @R.O.B ...sorry about that, but I may have to ask a mods for this...they informed me a while ago they can do it if I need them because the curent OP is way too hard to edit and there's a lot of new info..

So, every Paper Mario supporter out there...

REJOICE, WE ARE BACK!!!!!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Finally! He already have a stage! Let's make this Paper Plane go HIGHER
I just want to point out, tomorrow, I will write about the confusion I had for a possible WiiU stage and music, because...it;s really complicated but basically, pm64 is very likely to get a track and it's still possible with the tracks to get a dedicated stage.

Stage is mario series as well as the trophies, but way too much is known that I really need to write a big essay tomorrow because this thread wasn't active for so long that so much is mostly unknown now that I need to point out to update everyone.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
oh my freaking god MY THREAD!!!!!

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Expect me to love mewtwo now, this is really hype now.

Sorry for the delay, I was discussing direct in a pm abotu Paper Mario (I still hold it).

There's definetely reasons to support now, but this time, NO DEADLINES!!!

Meaning the support is going to be a bit more casusal since you can't assume it's the final roster...

So, I will chnage the tittle, I had planned to stream pm64 this weekend, but due to circumstances, I may not do it for the whole weekend.

The OP needs a major revamp, but don't worry, your movesets and ideas is going to stay. With how much contents it would require from confirmed to speculation, I may need to take over your post @R.O.B ...sorry about that, but I may have to ask a mods for this...they informed me a while ago they can do it if I need them because the curent OP is way too hard to edit and there's a lot of new info..

So, every Paper Mario supporter out there...

REJOICE, WE ARE BACK!!!!!

We're back, baby!

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
I am absolutely stoked to see this thread back up and running. Seeing as this is pretty much the only reason I joined Smashboards it feels almost like I have returned home <3. I made a few friends on this thread last time it was active and I hope to make even more this time.

Cant wait to get hype with all you!

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Man I missed this thread. I still want Paper Mario, but I think his chances are becoming slimmer and slimmer(No pun intended, well maybe). It's possible to see 3 Mario's in Smash though, Mario Kart 8 is doing it. Maybe Smash will follow its path. Now, I'm not necessarily saying that's a good path, but I do want paper Mario so. . . :awesome:

Either way, if Paper Mario is a unique addition, I definitely won't mind. If he's a semi-clone, heck, pseudo-clone, I think I could somewhat accept that as long as it's done right. I want Paper Mario to represent the amazing content found in the series.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Whilst Dixie Kong has surpassed Paper Mario as my #1 most wanted newcomer (Though #3 overall behind Ivysaur and Lucas), I still really hope for him. I'm not super confident about it though. Something tells me that Sakurai is aware of the abundance of Mario characters already present in the game and it may not end up happening... Yet.

I really do get the feeling that Smash 5 will have the same amount of Mario's as Smash 4. Cut Doc (again) and add Paper. So long as he's not a clone, I feel like that's fair.

Like I've said before, Paper Mario could do the summoning type of thing like Pacman does, but not just hitting people with his party members, but more having moves based around them.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, like I said, this thread was down for 2 months meaning it is hugely outdated (except the tittle).

So, I'm just going to do an essay (because a lot happened that pertained to him...highly reccomend to read the whole thing because there's actually. To tell how much there was, I just got the ownership of the second post because I'm going to have better room for editing and adding future ideas as well as telling what we know.

If you were active on the Pm I host, then you don't reallyhave to read this, but for others (and some that weren't that much active in said pm), I really reccomend you do read it since it updates everyone so we know the same stuff and this is

What happened to me since then?

My last post on this thread was telling I had a mixed feel on the Paper Mario medley music. However, I'm going to say right away that this is now false as now, I found the music awesome even the first and third section which I think made the music a bit better than the original. The reasons I didn't like it at the beginning was simply because of the audio compression reducing the quality enough for me to hate the music while the one we got is actually very well done. The Rogueport section yes does cut the best part, but I understood that the part that was kept was referincing the dynamic aspect of Rogueport while the part that was cut was referencing its bad side. For a 45 seconds stage segment, that's negligible and also, the music sounds awesome, I'm happy to have this music as TTYD rep since Rogueport is very memorable in the series and TTYD.

After, it pretty much was me doing a series thread (that thread still exist in the Mario universe sub forum of the light house). I planned to use this thread for the loss of this one, but because this one is back, I will put more care on it even tough, I will still accept messages from the other thread, I reccomend to post every messages pertaining to support here series or characters and use the series thread for stuff that doesn't neccessarily pertain to ssb4. The other thread is really if you love the series to talk about it generally while here, we supports ideas for a character. Just wanted to clear up the confusion.

On that point, my sig will now always advertise this thread because it was the other thread before.

A big part of my activities was talking in the PM that I invited some of the biggest supporters here and we basically talked about stuff to the series. Where it got more useful is where the 3ds game got released...we found infos that I will talk in the next section. Also, the stage is really awesome and I spam it online :) I really got hype for it and I'm still hype to play on it.

After, well, the rest is mostly me talking on social thread before that direct yesterday... just for getting this thread back, this was the second hype day about ssb4 I got (first is the stage announcement of course) and really, I think my first post reaction was obvious enough :)

That's why I said that I may love mewtwo for just that lol.

So, now, I'm still into the series and so, you won't have to worry about my posts here :)

Anything new concerning him and his series in ssb4?

YES! Definetely, next question! :troll:

The stage

Lol, anyway, well the stage has some unknown stuff. First, there's a platform on the top of the stage that seems to be a cloud (personally, idk why it's there). The transition has the TTYD sounds effects when you activate something in riverside station (I think you know what it is). The wind makes launching to the right easier, but its strength is random, sometimes it will blow the pipe and bushes or it won't or it will for just the bushes. The sort of leaf we saw in the original POTD was actually the bushes...pretty interesting how they put that much details to fit nicely the series :) Also, the pipe is a trampoline...don't ask why.

Other than that, it really makes you smile. I found the green so good to look and basically the whole stage has a very happy feel and I might even say that it's better the its original game. I really love this part for the first section and that comes from someone who hates sticker star (honestly, who doesn't?).

But the second section was the most hype.

Really, SS Flavion is so good to look and the animated sun in TTYD fashion is a beautiful scene. Where it gets interesting is the hazards: you have waves (nicely designed btw), the TTYD blooper that only jumps in the water to balance the ship SLIGHTLY and finally, the mind blown, Tuna from Paper Mario 64 is there too! He will go under the ship, spray water to lift it, but don't act as platform. It's so good to have repped sticker star, TTYD and pm64 on the same stage. For SPM fan, it did got repped, but unfortunately, not in that stage...sorry, but I would hvae loved that too :)

The 3 hazards appear randomly and after the third, you have the third section, the one we knew less about.

This section has the Bowser's face in the center and 2 platform are on left and right with quite spacing with the face. The flames are animated and the castle looks flat except for the face and platforms. I do like the design, characters that has poor recovery....this is trouble, but don't care because I main G&W :) As for hazards, not much is there. The platform goes from top to bottom, the face can have red eyes to turn 10 seconds after (might even be a 360, but it's random every time) and if his eyes are white, he will clap his mouth for around 5 seconds giving huge knockback if it hits you. Now, personally, I think this was the weakest section because the face mechanic really has nothing to do about the series. The only thing was the design of the castle...nothing else. Tough, it is decent, just not

Also, the music has brutal transition because it's made to play the separated segment files when the transition occur only so if you pause, it would just loop the section you're playing. That's not the only stage like this btw.

Overall, I love this stage. It really was very generous from Sakurai to have that and to have a TTYD segment that is gorgeous :)

The music composer

It says that Saki Kasuga, sfx for TTYD and SPM, supervised the arrangement of the music. She (yep, women) was the person listed in the composer list for ssb4 for TTYD and so, we can now say that she probably supervised the arrangement of the second section. Now, that's awesome, retain this info because the composer got a lot more confusing with the 50 facts direct.

The trophies

Here, this is where it gets kinda crazy. The trophies on WiiU are still unknown, but the trophies on the 3ds is only from sticker star. Now, it's sad, I know, but it was kinda expected for handheld rep. I think we can safely hope for better console repping on WiiU, but that's not my main point...

The writer of the trphies description is from Mother and I personally can tell you that the Mother text style is very similar to the one in the series (well, bare sticker star for obvious reasons). So, I expected more liberty and jokes in the text and that's indeed what we got, but this is very good for Paper Mario repping...

The Paper Mario trophies mention THE Paer version of Mario, Then, I think the string "Paper Mario" is used at least twice instead of just "Mario". Even better, the Paper Luigi trophy says "Paper Mario's brother". That's very interesting because Paper Mario is interpreted to be his own character that is merely based on Mario, he's not exactly the same Mario and in fact, it goes even further. The Paper Wiggler trophies mention the world of Paper Mario making every enemies thin and so, they even acknowledge the world of the series being separated from Super Mario meaning he's more apart in the mario spectrum (that would explain why he's still in the mario icon, they treat his series as own in the mario spectrum). So, with all this, it is no longer neccessary to question if they take him as annex to mario or his own character, because there's enough to claim the latter. This is really good for his chances because it means they are ok with him being yes A mario, but they acknowledge his different charm.

Where it got confusing is because the series got other refferences in trophies outside of the Paper Mario one. SPM fans, the REGULAR (not the glooper blooper) blooper has SPM true name mentioned in the description. At least it wasn;t ingnored, that's unfortunately the only rep it got on that version. As for why the refference, they simply told that a big blooper lives in spm and it is indeed one of the miniboss of the game.

Then for weird reasons, this one is only for PAL people: the green shy guys. They reference a bunch of stuff that existed in both yoshi's island and Paper Mario (like shy guys on stilt), but they also refference them dreaming of becoming soldiers. It turns out that we couldn't find anything other than the ch4 of pm64 as an obvious reference to the general guy soldiers being shy guys.

Now, we tough it was good to at least get this, it doesn;t mean that much because we also found M&L references, smg, nsmb...etc on a phirana plant trophies, but this one included FROST (not ice) pirhana and it turns out that according to mario wiki, this type of plant ONLY appears in TTYD. Very subtile references, but it's not the only series to get that...so, what does that mean exactly?

Not that much, but it does mean they acknowledge the series in the mario spectrum like others. Except that what the series has that others don't is the broadly repping stage. I really love this stage because it puts the emphasis on the series (let me remind you that people get this stage online around the world...that's huge).

Ouf...this was honestly confusing to take, but that's it for the 3ds version.

For the WiiU, I first want to tell you right away: NO THERE'S NO PAPER MARIO STAGE CONFIRMED AS OF THE WRITING!!! The one some toughs it was Paper Mario is clearly not and if you look closer, it's a Yoshi stage.

But the thing about stages is that because it missed known stages, we don't know the full list and so, we can't say it's deconfirmed, but we do have stuff for music that may get to this...

Ok, this is going to be a copy paste I made on the pm since it's very long and kinda confusing, but it has to do with the music composer...just read and you'll understand because a new composer in the WiiU version could likely bring a pm64 music and we don't know the stage...

Now, let me clear up the confusion I had: there's 2 Paper mario composers on that list: Saki Kasuga and Yuka something (his last name is annoying to type). Saki Kasuga supervised the arrangement of the Paper Mario medley, but I bet it was more for the TTYD section as she was credited to do fire emblem and TTYD. Now, the same person did spm, so, not listing it for a limited ost makes sense to see that she only composed for TTYD on the 3ds version, but not fire emblem. Yuka, however, this one is more important. If I said Saki was credited for sounds effects in both TTYD or spm, Yuka was credited for MUSIC for pm64 and TTYD. However, remember that TTYD is based on pm64 and there's theme based on pm64 in TTYD which could explain its presence. spm didn't had much pm64 inspired tracks so, it makes sense to not be there, but it also means that the composition for TTYD isn't really the same for the new music. Sticker is completely out of the tracks because no one from TTYD except koji kondo which had to be there was credited. Thus, Yuka is really important for pm64 and slightly for TTYD. The true music composer for TTYD wasn't on the list, but if Saki was able to do Rogueport, she can do other TTYD and spm music decently. Yuka was credited for fire emblem series, the same as for Saki, except that no credits for TTYD was made. The credits is only "Paper Mario" meaning that they indeed got the credits right with the only other significant work. it's important that you translate it as pm64, because it's not TTYD. Now, Paper Maribro linked a list of brawl composer and I did saw Yuka for fire emblem ONLY. Reminder, spm, TTYD and pm64 were all realeased at the time of brawl release and some composers had 2 credits while maybe one was off track. If he only composed fire emblem from brawl and not Paper Mario, then why exactly it's not the same here now? The answers is probably as simple that he composed for both games and series. With brawl composition and castle siege returning, the only fire emblem stage in brawl, it's expected to be the same credits, but it's not. We see fire emblem and now, we see Paper mario. I think it's very likely we see a pm64 tracks or more, but remember the thing that if you combine both composers together, you have the 3 first games. Saki wasn't credited for spm, but remember that they never got 3 credits and fire emblem + TTYD do more the job than TTY + spm in terms of relevancy. Plus, the credits was only for 3ds at the time and even if it was for both version, it even make sense to not be listed anyway. So, this is what it means:

it's confirmed we have the Paper Mario medley on the WiiU version back, but it's very likely we get at least one track from pm64 and it's still possible and might be likely considering the ammount of music the WiiU has that we get more tracks and this can safely include spm because of Saki.

Now, THE part that I almsot freaked out: on what stages those music would play?

Ok, I think I can make an assertion: the stage roster showed on the direct is by no mean clear to be full. The stage selection screen doesn't have pac man and if you check on the website, a pic of G&W shows a stage with wind waker water design that would imply pirate ship from brawl. If there's 2 hidden stages not showed in that SSS, it just means that the SSS itself isn't final, but doesn't confirm what SSS is final and thus, it's impossible to draw a verdict for now. The current incomplete SSS has not any Paper Mario stages, but we do know that Paper Mario is considered in the mario series (it's more in the spectrum, but you get the idea with the icons) which means that if I just assume the medley of second and fourth game + a possible track for the first game, then you have 3 out of 4 and the last is possible. Personally, I don't see the tracks being on different stages, there's too much for one stage. I mean don't get me wrong, but they don't really have good choices now. It's not mk8 stage because I expect mk tracks, it's not the mushroom kingdom because I expect main series track, but not 2 of Paper Mario as side and as for smg, same but for 3d game oriented. There's basically not an appropriate way to insert those tracks except being on different stages which I really doubt. So, yes it can imply a dedicated stage, but remember that getting a stage is less likely than just getting the second music from pm64. There's more decisive evidences for the pm64 music than there is for the stage, but it does mean that we should be very careful for any potd and of course the final release.

Ok, you read through it all? Good because I can't know anything more than that.

Other than that, that's all we know, but I expect to see better trophy for console repping on the WiiU version, a pm64 track and MAYBE a stage.

Ok, now, you're up to date ;)

I have an announcement. Because this thread just got back without any deadlines like before, it wil become essential to have a long term way to keep support strong here. Me and the other in the pm are disccussing ideas for the threads's benefit in a long term future. It may makes your experience better, but I hope that you enjoy the reopening of this threads and I'm still up to satisfy your support needs :)

Now,OP...

I will revamp it this night. Yes, I need to get it done because I want play and possibly stream (please, tell me if you're interested so I would tell when and how to watch if you want) pm64 since I forgot too much of that game I need to replay it.

As you might noticed, I now own the second post. I will tell you that the revamp is quite simple:

First post is going to be the usual ideas and speculation like we all love and loved.

Second post will only be confirmed info pertaining to him and his series.

The reason to do this is because the OP is so big that it gives me an error if I try to use the normal editor since I reached the characters limit. To edit it, I have to use a basic editor that is advanced, but really annoying to use and with how much info I need to add, trust me, that second post will help me a lot.

So, we would have a splitted OP appropriately and a more concise OP. Yes, outdated and currently irrelevant sections will be removed HOWEVER, the following will be kept FOR SURE:
  • The complete moveset section
  • The overview section
  • The counterarguments section (they might need updates tough)
  • The stage about the theater idea, BUT THE ONE ABOUT THE 3DS STAGE WILL BE MOVED TO THE SECOND POST.
  • The palette swap section
  • The tattles logs section (might do an update that codecs got confirmed)
  • The music section
  • The supporter list (it still accepts suppoter btw)
  • The reasons why he's playable section
  • The trailer ideas section
  • The sig Icon
  • The goodies section (will do update it tough)
  • Every images that talks about a kept section will stay.
Everything else will be considered if I removed them.

btw...now, I'm not going to add @Awesomedude4444 because while redacting this post, you said this:

Yeah Doc sorta **** everything up but that doesn't mean we can hope right
I had problems with those comments, but the game having been just released and this thread back, I'm going to seriously take flamming comments from now on. I really want that you get that dr mario has NOTHING to do with him because if you imagine DLC, he has to choice to put him, or not and lastly, NO HE'S NOT DECONFIRMED BECAUSE OF DR MARIO SO STOP ACTING LIKE DR MARIO IS THE ONLY CAUSE BECAUSE IT'S ANTI SUPPORT AND FLAMMING!!!

I said I won't add you on the list, but the thing is, please, get this as a warning. Not only flaming is diserespected in those support thread, but I really hate to forge a label if it continues so for the next iteration of flaming, I won't hesitate to report silently.

I really hope you got the message because you know, any dr mario fans would feel bad for reading this and you could like both dr mario and Paper Mario but not support because of these messages...it's not making anyone advance...

With that cleared up, It's ok to be pessimism, but that of course like a lot stated, it doesn;t prevent us from dreaming (even then, I consider him a likely candidate because of the repping he got so far, a stage is quite huge for the repping it did).

So, to brings topic while I do the OP, what would you like the most for a WiiU stage having pm64 and the medley as music?

I would love theater but other possibilities exists (I heard once X-naut foretress...sounds interesting).

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I had problems with those comments, but the game having been just released and this thread back, I'm going to seriously take flamming comments from now on. I really want that you get that dr mario has NOTHING to do with him because if you imagine DLC, he has to choice to put him, or not and lastly, NO HE'S NOT DECONFIRMED BECAUSE OF DR MARIO SO STOP ACTING LIKE DR MARIO IS THE ONLY CAUSE BECAUSE IT'S ANTI SUPPORT AND FLAMMING!!!

I said I won't add you on the list, but the thing is, please, get this as a warning. Not only flaming is diserespected in those support thread, but I really hate to forge a label if it continues so for the next iteration of flaming, I won't hesitate to report silently.

I really hope you got the message because you know, any dr mario fans would feel bad for reading this and you could like both dr mario and Paper Mario but not support because of these messages...it's not making anyone advance...
Can i ask when i said i didn't like doc.I don't mind him being game.I just said his change has gone down a bit.I still support paper mario.I still want him in the game rather as a assist or playable(hopefully this one).I really don't see the problem with what i said

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Can i ask when i said i didn't like doc.I don't mind him being game.I just said his change has gone down a bit.I still support paper mario.I still want him in the game rather as a assist or playable(hopefully this one).I really don't see the problem with what i said
You basically said that because of dr mario, he can't be or somehow preventing him and you sweared on it.

Like, you're not alone and it's not the first time I see the same comment and had to quote the person, but this is now the end.

Support as long as you don't hurt other support environment. Using this thread to do those comments is really something I hate to deal with.

Now, let's please drop this because I was clear enough...

HyperiorV

Smash Rookie
When I first saw this thread I thought that it was a nice idea, but probably going to happen. However, the appearance of the new 3DS stage (damn that Rougeport Remix is awesome :3), my recent playthrough of the Thousand Year Door, and the chance of DLC has convinced me otherwise. So now I saw:
BRING IT ON! SUPPORT PAPER MARIO! Its awesome!
YAAAA!!!!!!
(I, HyperiorV, support this thread. Add me to the support list please :-) )

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
I want to be added to the support list, pal, I love Paper Mario!
Welcome to Smashboards and more importantly welcome to the best character support thread here!

If Nintendo were to do a Paper Mario DLC Pack thing (A massive pipe-dream, I know). What kind of items, stages, assist trophies etc. would you all want to see?

Personally, A Shy-guys Toybox stage where you travel on the train to different sections where different things happen at each station would be awesome. In terms of items, there are so many, but an iconic one for me has always been the shooting stars item. Finally, a Rawk Hawk assist trophy would be mind-blowing. I mean who wouldnt want to FEEL THE RAWWWWWWK!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, thanks @ MazinroboX2 MazinroboX2 , you're already added :)

Now, I think I need to put some dot in the "i".

Some recent replies (doesn't include the 2 that said support message) and some talks I had with others in the social thread yesterday...made me quite disappointed on how I can support Paper Mario.

So, there's several people out there that in a 2 months period completely forgot why he could awesome in smash because of some circumstances that really, has nothing to do with him in the first place mad him labelled pretty bad.

To attempt to solve this really annoying problems that prevents me from from sharing support, I have no choice but to do a a character argument in my traditional essay formula. Take it as you will, but really, I just want to try to solve this because it really removed a lot of my motivation to revamp the OP...

Paper Mario is just a semi-clone

Let me answers you in the most direct way possible:

NO

There's a high misconception of his potential on this site. First, to be a semi clone, he would have to at least feel the same as Mario. Problem, most who read this have not read the OP because it's very clear that the FACT HE DOESN'T IS HIGHLY EM EMPHASIZED!!!

To refresh your memory, his series is an RPG while mario is from a platformer. Starts good, but that also implies the ability are just not the same at all. Here's what I got that Paper Mario can do and feels good in his game that would make him natural in smash that even tough mario can do them, they wouldn't rep his main series:
  • Uses of an hammer that has differents effects possible (it could have a high range on the ground, cause a status effect, be laggy but powerful, be throwable, He could hammer some fires to launch them on the enemy, twist in itself to swing it in circle) This hammer is his main weapon, but not his main attack. If you're telling me "well, mario can do it anyway" well, yes, but first, I'm not even sure if it's in his series and second, it doesn't have the effects it could have like this anyway. If you're saying "Mario & Luigi can do it" yes, but again, M&L is not Paper Mario and it's even less not Super Mario so, it's really important you understand those nuances. Also, remember, him being made in his series deisng means also the hammer is made in this design too. This means that his hammer will clearly look and act differently than the other characters that uses hammer. There's no worry to tell it would look like a clone.
  • His jump actually can do specials effects too and act like an attack. However, this isn't the up B of mario this is far more flexible as in his games, this is his main attack. You could do some special effects (status effects, tornado appearing meteoring the one in the air, spin jump like yoshi down b, twist in itself for stronger damage and reaching higher height), but the most important and powerful tool he could apply to this jump is the power bounce. This badge allowed him to bounce repeateadly as long as you don't miss the action commands which is pressing A upon stomping the enemy. The thing is, it has a cap, becomes harder and do less and less damge as you do, but the more you do, the higher the damage can be and it was very useful in his game to rack high damages quickly. In my moveset, I tough of using this as a pummel where the foe would be trapped and you could do the power bounce knowing that you need to press at the right moment and even tough the foe can get free by mashing, it becomes harder as you get successful action commands. If you're telling me it has the same potential as mario, then I need a better explanation.
  • In his game, there were figures he could do in the air called "STYLISH!" moves. Those moves becomes important because they help you to fill your special points gauge and it would depends on the audience number. Those can be simple like having a laying on his body pose in the air, do backflips and twist at the same time, or simply doing a 360. You could add the pose he add in SPM where he takes an upercut pose or other ones. This could be useful for his aerials to represent that doing those helps him, they are made to attack. Again, not the traditional punches that mario does in the air...
  • He could use several items that mario doesn't have in his series, but also has access to some he has. For example, he can use a fire flower, but why you would when you can use a shooting star that damages all enemies with...shooting star? Or, a thunder rage that attacks an enemy with a lighting comming from the sky of nowehere? In my moveset, I used the thunder rage as the utrow since it would trap the opponnent in the air, Paper Mario would use the item and the foe would be struck with no freedom possibility. Again, you can easilly be different than mario here...
  • His grabs allows several possibilities and it would be to use thoreau from SPM. If you haven't played this game, this pixl acted like doing a DK cargo throw except that in smash, he would bring the foe to him and keep him trapped. I explained the pummel and up throw in my moveset, but you could also do a sticker peeeling effect as a back throe, super hammer (the circle spin swing) as fthrow and I used ultra jumping as down throw, but I could put a stylish spin jump that does a bit more damage. As you can see, high potential that isn't just spinning the foe like mario does...
  • His dodge can be silly. Like, he could simply duck in shied, tranform into a tube and roll for roll dodge, gets into his side to sidestep and his roll dodge can be swift move with twist. Even there, he could be funny and fun to play with.
  • A LOT FINAL SMASH POTENTIAL. Really, it could be as simple as making the ground do a wave thus damaging fighters on timed pressed, mash the A button to have the foes sliced but also as complex as having a mash game between players to avoid getting paralysed by a bomb or drawing circles around the enemies to damage them. It's really just a sample of the real potential he has in that department and it's not just like a giant fire flower...
And lastly, THE thing he can do that makes a big part of his potantial: partners. Those characters would mostly appear in his special moves, either with a selection mechanics or predetermined, but customisable special moves. These partners includes:
  • A sailor bomb omb (could also be a female bomb omb) that walks for some seconds before exploding for high damage...can be detonable however.
  • A teenager kooper that would in one line attack all enemies after mario jumped on it and he could attack by breakdancing as stylish moves after. His return can be triggered at a distance.
  • A cloudy looking women that could either drain hp by kissing foes or act like a gust belows, but less powerful.
  • A paratroopa that would carry Paper Mario or attack enemy by shooting himself into them via the air.
  • A boo to either slaps the foe repeatedly or hide Paper Mario to avoid damages.
  • A shadowly looking person (vivian) that could either burn the enemy, confuse them a t a distance or hide Paper Mario into the shadow doing the same effect as the boo.
  • As a codec call, he could summon a gomba that would read text in a book to describe the foe and this text would be in a text bubble with its effect and it would just autoscroll. These texts contains a lot of jokes and humour that sometimes, destroys the 4th wall.
Now, if you still think he's a semi clone, than I really don't know what to say because yes he CAN be a semi clone, but what's honestly the point with everything I listed?

But if you still think he's different in moveset, but not in looking, then, please read the following section.

He's just another mario while we currently have 7 mario rep and we only needed 4, and dr mario was uneccessary, there's overreping, it's not nice, I'm not happy...and [insert pointless complains here] WE DON'T NEED HIM!!!!

Ok, if you find the following segment to be very direct and rude, it's because this argument needs to die in fire while supporters laugh sadistically (I'm serious, this argument is just and plain anti support for pointless reasons now).

First, The trophy description acknowledge him as own character by the pronoun used. They mostly used and referred to him as "Paper Mario" instead of Mario. If the game was not making any difference, he would just be labbeled as "a version of mario that is just the same mario, but in paper". If the game does make the difference between him, his world and their characters to the super mario series, HOW CAN YOU CLAIM THIS NOW?

Like, YES he is another mario, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN HE LOOKS LIKE HE IS, ISN'T DIFFERENT AND CAN'T BRING ANY POSSIBLE POTENTIAL OTHER THAN THE ONE FROM MARIO!!!!!!!

Like, trust me, those sentences in caps are needed because I'm really tired. There;s people here that sees this thread as a JOKE because of this and it needs to end once and for all. You know when you claim stuff like "why not have metal paper mario for smash?" YOU LABEL PAPER MARIO AS A NOBODY IN THE SWARM OF MARIO WHILE I JUST FREAKING LISTED A VERY LONG POTENTIAL LIST!!!

What about his design? Ok, let's be honest, I have a SEVERE sight issue to see small elements that I have to use this site in 200% of display. I can't even drive, it's really that bad. So, if I can see a clear difference between those 3 pictures myself:

Then you HAVE to be blind to not see it. If he DOES NOT LOOK like the others from look, there's no point to have all these bad labels.

And lastly, oh, lastly, how can I TRY to be gentle on this one?

Playable
character
repping
amount
does
freaking
not
matter
at
all
in
super
smash
bros
series
ever
for
its
roster.

Is that not clear enough? ok, well let's see what happened:
  1. People tough that 4 mario rep were ENOUGH. They jumped to the conclusion that a fifth rep WASN'T NEEDED.
  2. A fifth rep is announce, people cry because of the above. So, they finally accept it, but don't think that a six rep is in the realm of possibility with the "uneeded" fifth one
  3. Of course, supports for other character because of this "irrelevant" mindset goes down, exciting right? Tough, it wasn't that high so, ACCEPTABLE but not good...
  4. We see 2 new rep in a roster leak so, people really starts to HATE THEM for the same reason back of the announcement of the fifth one.
  5. Because of this, one of them, by being WEAKLY pertinent to Paper Mario got FLAMED heavy by at least 5 different people back where the video were leaked. I want to mention that he has NOTHING to do with him as HE"S STILL FREAKING DIFFERENT FROM HIM!!!
  6. People accepted bowser jr as he "looked" different, but dr mario still got flamed for the same reason and because of this FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON, PAPER MARIO GOT LABELLED AS A DR MARIO SITUATION COPYCAT, POTENTIALLESS SEMI CLONE THAT REALLY SHOULD NEVER TOUCH THE ROSTER IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!
What the heck is going on? I'm serious, this is really flawed. Dr mario has nothing to do with him and he has nothing to do with dr mario. You got mind blowned on the 5th, 6th and 7th rep and you're telling me that an 8th is pointless while If I applied your true logic, we would just have 4???

I'm done. I really reached the point where I can't be that more direct and clear.

Lastly, I just want to point out why I think this thread should be taken as support thread and not a joke thread.

Back when I got OP in April, it was difficult because of the sal leak. When this leak was gone, I realised why I was still leading the thread. It was to read supporter's post that made me hype that my effort to share my love for the character and his series was worthy to make at least one person happy. I even made some friends here that I today talk privately. Imagine reading those posts everyday, I really miss those good moments especially the July 29 day...that was so hyped.

Now, I'm affraid but why do I feel those posts are gone? Guys, no one remembers their old post in June and July? No one? I really missed that thread, but it seems only a few people remembers why you posted here and so, I'm really worried of the state of the thread.

I tried to revamp the OP, but I really got demotivated since I was becoming frustrated to have to answer to these arguments. If you really feel that we should talk more about his awesomeness than me ranting on all of these arguments, then please, can we just do that and I could revamp the OP?

I'm starting to think about having a private social group with invite only because I'm starting to question if this threads worths my effort to continue. I want to do what supporters want, I want to engage them and be nice, but when I'm prevented for reasons that isn't the fault of the true supporter, it makes me feel bad that we just opened 2 days ago...

So, do you truly supports him without any jokes?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Here's a video of a Paper Mario hack in Brawl:
This is probably the best texture(possibly bone too) hack out there. But as a fan of Paper Mario, this isn't right. The moveset doesn't fit him and the animations don't work too well with him. For Paper Mario to even look right, they'd have to put just as much effort in to make a new character.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
This is probably the best texture(possibly bone too) hack out there. But as a fan of Paper Mario, this isn't right. The moveset doesn't fit him and the animations don't work too well with him. For Paper Mario to even look right, they'd have to put just as much effort in to make a new character.
Haha wow, while that is sort of cool, I agree that it isn't quite right. A bit too 3D to be Paper Mario. He definitely needs to retain his 2D-ness and all his other signature things, like something as simple as walking with one side faced on the screen with just the legs moving etc. And surely ordinary Mario's moveset doesn't fit him one bit. So yeah, he does require quite a lot of effort, but I can't deny the fact that I love the character, he's as unique as one can be and would make a perfect character. While I'm a bit iffy about him making it in these Smash-installments, I guess DLC opens up the option for it still so I'm definitely rooting for it to happen. And a Paper Mario amiibo would just be awesome!
Great to see this thread open again!

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
I can't believe I haven't come around to post in this thread. TTYD is along my top 3 games of all time, who am I to not support Paper Mario then?
Now, I'm not sure if this was discussed already, but imagine we get our little paper cut hero as DLC, would a new console Paper Mario be enclosed? I suppose there is a big chance Nintendo will use DLC for Smash to promote some newer games - which is also why I honestly believe that we'll see Wolf once the new Starfox is close to be released, same goes for the Inkling with Splatoon and whatnot.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Hm, I downloaded that hack for Project M! I liked it a lot, but it didn't seem right using it... For one, Paper Mario's shorter than Mario, giving me an edge in many battles. That and that hack shows that it will definitely not be acceptable making Paper Mario a semi or a direct clone of Mario (Primarily because of his uniqueness).

Just because Paper Mario's another Mario from a different series, doesn't mean he's gonna end up becoming a clone of Mario.

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
Man, I just want to say that you people are awesome. I'm really glad that everyone here is so supportive of Paper Mario appearing in the form of DLC, and whether you think he's likely or not, I know that we can all agree that he's a character we want dearly. I sincerely hope that they would make him the best he could be, and it would be just
if they reveal him at the same time as a new Paper Mario game for WiiU. For now though, let's focus on hoping for an amazing stage like The Theater, or Shooting Star Summit, or The Glitz Pit, or Flipside, or any number of amazing possible stages to be revealed in the coming month. I'm super hyped for this, and I'll continue supporting as long as humanly and inhumanly possible.
WE BELIEVE IN YOU, PAPER MARIO! :)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
If Paper Mario were to become DLC, which of these designs would you guys prefer?
A)

B)

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
If Paper Mario were to become DLC, which of these designs would you guys prefer?
A)

B)
Honestly? I'd be 100% OK with either of them. Actually, here's a really cool thought; what if they made 4 of his alternate costumes on version, and the other 4 the other design, both having a red, green, yellow, and purple color to them? That would actually be pretty awesome to see, modern vs. classic. I think they look different enough to warrant an inclusion together.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
A)

B)
I think this needs to end, they are the same design and the first artwork is not the true design at all.

Proof:

SS:

TTYD (this is the ripped model):

So, both :)

But because I can, B has to be the way to go :)

For the number of houes I spent in total on TTYD, I tell you, b.

Paper Mario on top of Game and Watch. Some of the movements are a bit weird but it gives you those awesome 2 dimensions.
You know what's funny? I got into a character arguments once months ago and the other person used that video to tell he can be a clone...

Well, yes, but the video isn't Paper Mario.

I'm serious, he's not Paper Mario.

I think you know where I'm going with this and it was already stated why, but the other video @ Rockaphin Rockaphin is even more obvious (even the stage is bad tbh).

Haha wow, while that is sort of cool, I agree that it isn't quite right. A bit too 3D to be Paper Mario. He definitely needs to retain his 2D-ness and all his other signature things, like something as simple as walking with one side faced on the screen with just the legs moving etc. And surely ordinary Mario's moveset doesn't fit him one bit. So yeah, he does require quite a lot of effort, but I can't deny the fact that I love the character, he's as unique as one can be and would make a perfect character. While I'm a bit iffy about him making it in these Smash-installments, I guess DLC opens up the option for it still so I'm definitely rooting for it to happen. And a Paper Mario amiibo would just be awesome!
Great to see this thread open again!
It was open before...it just needed a week of stall and then someone (thanks for that @ Rockaphin Rockaphin ) to be rebooted :)

But essentially this. The design of the series which implues the design of Paper Mario himself, is just so charming. It's because using bright colors is like palying super mario sunshine (fyi, you can't stop being happy) and because of the paper, it just makes you want to use his moves that involves folding JUST for the sake of doing it (that;s what I call the sunshine effect).

You'll never get this with texture swap because it needs to be arranged to do this effect, those videos doesn't even feel to have the same colors (for a good example that was hand made, @ MegaMarioMan9 MegaMarioMan9 's avatar was done with photoshop based on the original model, but it was from scratch). His avatar isn't even the exact replica because there's a VER TINY ammount of gradient in the true design, but even without any gradient, he still felt like I was looking at an original artwork. The colors were so bright and so emphased with the outlines that it almost felt the same.

Animating this exact base image would even have his feeling.

But the textures swap on a character that isn't made to receive it is just not him at all and it's so obvious.

I can't believe I haven't come around to post in this thread. TTYD is along my top 3 games of all time, who am I to not support Paper Mario then?
Now, I'm not sure if this was discussed already, but imagine we get our little paper cut hero as DLC, would a new console Paper Mario be enclosed? I suppose there is a big chance Nintendo will use DLC for Smash to promote some newer games - which is also why I honestly believe that we'll see Wolf once the new Starfox is close to be released, same goes for the Inkling with Splatoon and whatnot.
First sentence, you have no idea how much people said that since I became OP :)

I really think it might come. You know the James Anderson leak? Some people were sceptical to say it was a fire emblem or advance wars on WiiU, but I looked at the leak recently and he updated with more details. He now told his experience of working on every game he listed and guess what, sticker star was by far the game he worked on the most. To say an unnanounced WiiU game...this can be good for us :)

But sticker star was just enough. Because the thing is, the same situation happened with brawl: spm was released before and this put some trophies but even if I just look at spm which was a great game (yeah, it is), the repping of that was just bad. Here, we see a game me and a lot of us here hate and honestly, it made it so much better that I forgot about it :)

So, he's recent enough and might get even more recent.

Have I not shown my support for Paper Mario yet. I think he would be cool. I'm unsure of his chances, right now my instincts tell me he has a relatively good shot.
Isn't weird sometimes when people changes?

Thanks. I know that you had a different opinion before, but it's good to see more people now understands that this thread isn't the same as baby pink gold metal dr giant mario (I exaggerate, but that's the point, I hate when this jokes is on him in the context of analogy...).

Hm, I downloaded that hack for Project M! I liked it a lot, but it didn't seem right using it... For one, Paper Mario's shorter than Mario, giving me an edge in many battles. That and that hack shows that it will definitely not be acceptable making Paper Mario a semi or a direct clone of Mario (Primarily because of his uniqueness).

Just because Paper Mario's another Mario from a different series, doesn't mean he's gonna end up becoming a clone of Mario.
I mean I can tell you I don't even see why it's Paper Mario at all!

Like, I have the feel that those who do see him as a clone while watching this never played one of first 3 games (tough, first 2 is mandatory if you want to have a good idea of him because just spm is quite limiting even tough there's awesome ideas like the famous thoreeau grab :) ).

That reminds me of the Yoshi Wooly world stage. I tough for a second, but looking at the image, it was so obvious to not be Paper Mario in designs and charms that I wonder why so much believed for so much hours...

Maybe they were in a hurry idk :)

Honestly? I'd be 100% OK with either of them. Actually, here's a really cool thought; what if they made 4 of his alternate costumes on version, and the other 4 the other design, both having a red, green, yellow, and purple color to them? That would actually be pretty awesome to see, modern vs. classic. I think they look different enough to warrant an inclusion together.
Why you didn't know the first is not even his true design in source game :upsidedown:

Pm64 isn't the same tough but I want a palette swap because...well why not?

There's people that love more pm64 (and I love it too, but TTYD says NO).

But that was already mentioned in its section in the OP. So you simply restated it :)

A! Primarily because of the modern looks. :ohwell:
So, TTYD is modern then?

Really, it's the same design guys...the artwork is kinda confusing...

Man, I just want to say that you people are awesome. I'm really glad that everyone here is so supportive of Paper Mario appearing in the form of DLC, and whether you think he's likely or not, I know that we can all agree that he's a character we want dearly. I sincerely hope that they would make him the best he could be, and it would be just
if they reveal him at the same time as a new Paper Mario game for WiiU. For now though, let's focus on hoping for an amazing stage like The Theater, or Shooting Star Summit, or The Glitz Pit, or Flipside, or any number of amazing possible stages to be revealed in the coming month. I'm super hyped for this, and I'll continue supporting as long as humanly and inhumanly possible.
WE BELIEVE IN YOU, PAPER MARIO! :)
and on that splendid post (btw, images are still available in the OP), I think I can start to tease it: I'm preparing another completely different way to support him that can be used in conjunction with this thread.

More details will come in the following days so, please stay tuned (I freaking sounds like Iwata and for some reason, I imagine his Japanese accent :) ).

So, Just to speak, a video said there was a "butload" of stages to unlock AFTER showing the 40 stages selections screen meaning first, prepare to be mind blowned when we see the full thing and second...

Props to the one that found good jokes references :lol:

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
First sentence, you have no idea how much people said that since I became OP :)
Actually I have, I see many people who just stuck to their one favourite character pre-release and now become more and more active with virtually every character back in the raffle

I really think it might come. You know the James Anderson leak? Some people were sceptical to say it was a fire emblem or advance wars on WiiU, but I looked at the leak recently and he updated with more details. He now told his experience of working on every game he listed and guess what, sticker star was by far the game he worked on the most. To say an unnanounced WiiU game...this can be good for us :)
Until now I have not heard of it, no. Which is fairly surprising, actually. I love the Paper Mario series and while I didn't really enjoy I regularly looked for news on the internet every now and then. Maybe I just didn't get around to do that, for some odd reason.
Nevertheless, that sounds like a great thing. Although, I'm one of the people who didn't enjoy Sticker Star as much as they probably should have. And while I remember reading a quote of someone important, I really don't remember who it was, saying that the style of Sticker Star was more or less how they're going to approach future Paper Mario games, I really hope they go two steps back and give us a new TTYD.
Don't get me wrong here, I loved SPM and I did play through Sticker Star, but I feel like the first two games are how this series are meant to be played.

But sticker star was just enough. Because the thing is, the same situation happened with brawl: spm was released before and this put some trophies but even if I just look at spm which was a great game (yeah, it is), the repping of that was just bad. Here, we see a game me and a lot of us here hate and honestly, it made it so much better that I forgot about it :)

So, he's recent enough and might get even more recent.
Now that I think about it, Brawl had a lot of SPM trophies indeed, this game even has a stage on the 3ds. Speaking of, do you think it's possible we get another Paper Mario stage on the Wii U version? Would be a bit sad if all we got was two (hardly playable) Sticker Star forms as opposed to the actually great S.S. Flavion. You know, to keep the theme of the stage, we could have Dimentio leading us through different worlds to fight in, possibly even the first six or seven of SPM.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I've seen some gameplay footage of the Wii U version. Any word on Paper Mario content located in the game? I'm especially interested in the music.

... Please, let there be a song from the original Paper Mario. It started the wonderful series and was my first in the series. It needs love too. :(

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Actually I have, I see many people who just stuck to their one favourite character pre-release and now become more and more active with virtually every character back in the raffle
No, that is expected.

I was talking about when I got OP. I had to do a revive after I think a month of complete stall where I decided that I wanted to stop being in the majority and share why. Now, it slowly started, but once I started to advertise it, SEVERAL people who could have always supported came while being surprised that this thread even existed in the first place. I could go back and quote dozens of posts, that sentences is very familiar for me to hear.

The growth of the interest has definetely increased a lot which is why now that I really care about the supporters because I know that one person can change the way 10 people sees a character. I heard some (a few, but not everyone is that vocal) that claimed this OP was one (or the) best of all support threads. Fun fact: it has currently one more like than the Issac one which was a really good one for a popular pick (I might say he`s slightly more popular).

So, to hear this sentences all the time, for me, it not only means I'm doing exactly what I want to do, but also that I'm making this minority more recognisable. You may love any characters you want, but if you feel alone...that's a bad feel especially when you know you're not. If you really care, try to fix this.

That`s the whole reason I got the OP in the first place.

Until now I have not heard of it, no. Which is fairly surprising, actually. I love the Paper Mario series and while I didn't really enjoy I regularly looked for news on the internet every now and then. Maybe I just didn't get around to do that, for some odd reason.
Nevertheless, that sounds like a great thing.
It is not known commonly to be honest. Even when it released, I saw very few people talking about it in the long term. I think I first, saw it live, waited a month and I was googling on something and I got it. I did tried to google several times about the opinion of Paper Mario and once, I just got on it. Then I remembered it was real after all.

But I think it will happen. I mean, remember when Sakurai said that the series needs to have a future to have consideration for a character? A stage is honestly kinda implied because let me tell you, it is a BIG deal. The repping in the series is more and more substantial the more and more you come close to the universability. A playable characters has its own elements + can have items + can be on sny of the stage + can be played in the whole game + reps a series that is recognised + his origins will be recognised. We can conlude that indeed, this is a very high level of repping.

The stage however, has a lot too. You don't neccessarily to pick specific characters, yes, but you can be on it on the whole game if chosen. With the omega stage however, you can even get it in competetive play which doesn't care about the original stage. But the stage can be played on the whole game no matter what characters you use and even more, it implies music and its original series recognised. This is very universal because it can host a match of any characters and that stage will have its own elements.

All this to say that if sakurai don't see the point for characters if no future, it's very likely it implied the stage if you consider the globallity of the implementation.

Which does make me hope it will have a future, but let`s see if it's a bright one...

Although, I'm one of the people who didn't enjoy Sticker Star as much as they probably should have. And while I remember reading a quote of someone important, I really don't remember who it was, saying that the style of Sticker Star was more or less how they're going to approach future Paper Mario games, I really hope they go two steps back and give us a new TTYD.
Don't get me wrong here, I loved SPM and I did play through Sticker Star, but I feel like the first two games are how this series are meant to be played.
Third is the same, but just less...some pros and cons, but there`s enough pros to carry them over.

First 2 well, most are pros so, I agree.

Stikcer star however is another story. I really asks the source you found this or at least the date, but I don't believe it for a second.

Now, here's why i say this, check this link and read EVERYTHING:

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/papermario/0/0

Actually, everyone reading this post and doubting about stikcer star OR/AND hacve played SPM, read it.

The motivation behind some decisions are so flawed that I think the quote you said is not long after the release because with how wrong it got, I don't see why they're going to repeat those flaws. In fact, if they do, the series is dead for me.

The club nintendo story...I really want to know what you think about all of this and think about now when they asked on their social media the favourite Paper Mario game and guess what?

it gave TTYD > pm64 >>>>> SPM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SS

knowing that one > means slightly better than and could be considered almost equal.

If sticker star ended like this, It's not because of SPM. That for me is clear, but what is the true causes is just...look they have to go back.

because the memories starts to weaken. Do you imagine anyone starting the series to sticker star? What do you think the mindset of the series would be?

It's really problematic. it's like they forgot why those games were so good in the first place and now, I really don't believe when someone would say that recently because it's just not making any sense after the answers they got.

I honestly think that if the fanbase is more reflected and represented than before, we can get back to root. I really want it because frankly, the series needs it. it's not normal that the last game that did it was released in 2007 and did showed partially with some mistake and some improvement, the last game that is considered the most accurate representation of what was intended being in 2004 and to see in 2014 to not see this...big problem.

Really, if you played spm, you'll hate sticker star after reading this interview. I cannot believe how much they screwed up.

But for some reasons, I seem to see these stuff gone and I see more and more improvements since the WiiU came out. Now, it's even more clear releases after releases and Paper Mario I think will be included.

So, I hope they do their best, but please, let sticker star go. That wasn't in the series standard, but spm was.

Now that I think about it, Brawl had a lot of SPM trophies indeed, this game even has a stage on the 3ds. Speaking of, do you think it's possible we get another Paper Mario stage on the Wii U version? Would be a bit sad if all we got was two (hardly playable) Sticker Star forms as opposed to the actually great S.S. Flavion. You know, to keep the theme of the stage, we could have Dimentio leading us through different worlds to fight in, possibly even the first six or seven of SPM.
You haven't checked the last part of my post didn't you? :upsidedown:

Definetely possible.

btw, remove the hazards in competitive aspect, and this stage is just awesome by itself even the sticker star section because the design is more TTYD/PM64 than sticker star which scrapped some things.

But look, we have a preexisting stage, a TTYD/SPM composer and now, we have a PM64 composer...music can equal stage.

I heard in a video where the reviewer was showing the 40 stages selection screen and said "there's a [butload] to unlokcs"

40 and quite a substantial amount remaining...that helps even more.

What really help tough is the stage on 3ds...it reps the series exactly how it should have which is mostly portable with little attenmtion to console. Now, look at the repping on WiiU and it's the complete opposite, but having a pm64 tracks would just make so much sense.

And having that much stage, a WiiU stage of pm64/TTYD/spm repping makes even more sense.

Like, I expect that we are again, mind blowed, but ss flavion was just a sample...

So, trust me, it's quite likely to get a music, and so, a stage is very possible too that is NOT the same in 3ds.

I also am VERY curious to the trophy repping.

On that note, we may finally sees Rawk Hawk repped in some way and really, even a trophy would be awesome :)

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I support cause I support every character and want an infinite roster.

My only problem with paper mario, despite easily being the protagonist of the franchise, is that he'd be the third mario and wouldn't use the Mario RPG movesets I'd be expecting as much (Mario and Luigi's, Mario RPG). Frankly I feel the Paper Mario franchise could be represented with a different character. Dimentio would be fun. I would actually love Goombario too, cause I'd like to play smash as the rank and file of the bad guys teams. Plus someone said Bandana Dee is a bad idea cause it'd be like making a Goomba playable, and I feel Goombario addresses that perfectly well.

Top Bottom