• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Thinner character, bigger appeal!" Paper Mario for SSB4; Thread migration soon!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
One of the Composer for TTYD is Composing Smash.

Wow he got sued and fried, pretty harsh treatment. I will give you more time to think about the hashtag. Since i guess we done know the full roster, By the end of this week we need to start the DLC Campaign, I'm awfully busy myself tied up in School and Homework (I'm an Junior in Highschool) so i will be thinking about the Campaign i will let you name it and stuff we need Something Catchy. BTW do you know who created the Paper Mario Franchise?
Can someone just tell me what ACTUALLY happens?

Because, not full roster confirmed + heard there was fake talk about the decode in 4chan + where comes the 5 slot thing and finally, if 5 slots has lock icons, melee so not even absolute.

Also, all star lock.

And I'm sorry, but it might not be this week. I got that on my first day of classes so that's unfortunate, but such is life.

Anyway, like I said, if it can't be done, won't matter that much for me as I focus more now than after.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ok, I didn't check the thread, but someone told me that Nintendo found that it was an NoA employer, got sued and fired, but still has the copy.
Right, a copy kept under lock and key, that can't be removed from the office, yet he somehow has it on his person even after being fired.

Has our mod who talks to the leak sources asked them how their "friend" is doing? Since apparently they just sold him out, lost him his job, and got him sued into oblivion.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Right, a copy kept under lock and key, that can't be removed from the office, yet he somehow has it on his person even after being fired.

Has our mod who talks to the leak sources asked them how their "friend" is doing? Since apparently they just sold him out, lost him his job, and got him sued into oblivion.
Hey, I didn't check the thread but that was from PM of another user.

But I think it means no leak now.

So, I want a true answer from this:

Is there any confirmation of this being the final roster with or without the 5 thing that I still don't know where that number comes from.

Also, just a personal thing: If Ridley isn't there, then I'll accept so with Paper Mario because Sakurai did a move even more questionable than tripping.

So far, no Ridley and no one confirmed "final roster" so tell me the truth:

Final or partial?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Hey, I didn't check the thread but that was from PM of another user.

But I think it means no leak now.

So, I want a true answer from this:

Is there any confirmation of this being the final roster with or without the 5 thing that I still don't know where that number comes from.

Also, just a personal thing: If Ridley isn't there, then I'll accept so with Paper Mario because Sakurai did a move even more questionable than tripping.

So far, no Ridley and no one confirmed "final roster" so tell me the trith:

Final or partial?
Or Fake? However well done it may be (and, honestly, it is well done for a hoax, but notice that the quality of everything pales compared to what we've seen from the official stuff, including the E3 demo), that still remains a possibility.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
EDIT: God. Damn. Lag. It's making me think I haven't posted when I have.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Or Fake? However well done it may be (and, honestly, it is well done for a hoax, but notice that the quality of everything pales compared to what we've seen from the official stuff, including the E3 demo), that still remains a possibility.
OK, I may believe in crazy theory.

But really, if you at this point doubt about it...

PM me (to avoid off topic and having a thread for it anyway).

Because that is another level of craziness after someone got fired for showing things. Clearly, he wasn't supposed to do that.

How is that fake?

Anyway, I just need a proof that Sakurai is the most questionable person ever to think it's the final roster.

Paper Mario not being tease? Doubtful, but could get over it.

But him AND Ridley?

Nope, that would be the worst hype thing he would do. You don't hype deconfirmation you're direct.

So, my hopes rely on the tease.

If it's fake tough, good luck even proving the firing AND the videos AND EVERY SINGLE PIC.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm not going to go to PMs. You're the ones all engaging in leak discussion, which is against the rules of the forum. If you want to be on topic, talk about Paper Mario.

Because that is another level of craziness after someone got fired for showing things. Clearly, he wasn't supposed to do that.
Do you have any proof besides a random twitter post with no source?

There's still nothing in this leak that does anything to prove or disprove Paper Mario's representation in-game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm not going to go to PMs. You're the ones all engaging in leak discussion, which is against the rules of the forum. If you want to be on topic, talk about Paper Mario.

Do you have any proof besides a random twitter post with no source?

There's still nothing in this leak that does anything to prove or disprove Paper Mario's representation in-game.
I
Said
This
Multiple
Time
Already.

What I want to know is this:

Final or partial?

Because It's just confusing with so much different answers.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I
Said
This
Multiple
Time
Already.

What I want to know is this:

Final or partial?

Because It's just confusing with so much different answers.
It's claimed to be partial. But it's being claimed by the same person who claimed that the game had DLC, and then went "lol, just trolling you".

In other words, the only word we have on it is the word of an individual who has zero credibility by SELF-ADMISSION.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It's claimed to be partial. But it's being claimed by the same person who claimed that the game had DLC, and then went "lol, just trolling you".

In other words, the only word we have on it is the word of an individual who has zero credibility by SELF-ADMISSION.

I hate 4chan.

So, now that my head almost exploded of non sense, I'm fine for shifting the topic now.

I wonder if it would postpone trailers. Because that may means that we won't know until release.

But if it doesn't, do you think it's this week?

Because I would be in a hurry if I was Sakurai now (and pissed).

!!!

Actually, we might get something in following potd because of this.

So, just to make this thread enjoyable until the last second if there's one, does anyone tough about a trailer ideas other than those in the OP?

Because so far, I like the @ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax one since it just hype you so much on every read of it (myself included). Those are actually what hypes me the most in the OP so if you could prepare one this week at best before something happens, that would be good.

Tough, let's stop the leak thing for now since I'll just take it as most likely true without making Paper Mario unlikely, because of the tease (he would actually explain the name decision anyway if not or just let us doubt forever about what really happened).

johno1995

Smash Cadet
I love Paper Mario and his potential - it's a shame the series has been passed up for all 4 Smash games. It's good that it has an awesome-looking stage though... finally.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
Read my message just above yours.

TL;DR, it doesn't change his chance, but it means that the new series tease is now the ONLY thing he can relies on.

If it's not revealed nor in the leak, he's most likely dead.
Hm, lets just hope he'll have some sort of a chance.

johno1995

Smash Cadet
Read this because not deconfirmed (if another claim this, I'll have to change the tittle).

http://smashboards.com/threads/infi...-music-confirmed.324473/page-37#post-17391132

It explains the tease and everything on why he's still [very likely].
Idk man, I just don't see it happening. DLC maybe. Next game maybe. But I don't see him being in the retail copy. :( Especially sinc we have the Doc back and even if Paper Mario is unique, as he should be, people would cry about having "3 Marios" and "8 Mario reps" (10 for the weirdoes counting Wario & Yoshi :p)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I STILL HAVE HOPE!!!!!!!!!
I have too, but sadly, we're in the extreme minority.

This happens for my thread and now, my second most wanted got locked.

So, I just want that anyone lurking or viewing says it:

Do you think he's in because of that tease?

Forget leaks, forget everything, do you think he WOULD be there with that tease?

Because the leak will never changes those statement so the leak doesn't change anything about the tease.

Are you following?

Jellybat

Smash Rookie
Even though things are looking a bit dimmer. Paper mario still has 1 glimmer of hope that many other candidates dont have right now, which is that very confirmed stage . majority of the new series newcomers have always had a stage in the series. if this stage had not been confirmed yet. i would see his chances being at 0% right now. but as long as this stage is a fact. the chances are still miles above of someone like Isaac(sorry to the supporters)

the only thing hurting this fact is that the leak is lacking a duck hunt stage, but considering that many other series are lacking a new stage too it just might be a Wii U exclusive.

Last edited:

Jellybat

Smash Rookie
and continuing trying to help Paper mario's chances. 1 fact on leak pics is that all star mode is blocked and there seems to be space for about 5 characters.EVERYTHING about the possible choices on those slots is very controversial.

there are also 2 different stories about the leak source going on . one is that its a video ESRB got to review on the game( either a reviewer possibly stolen or maybe spread by a kid whose parent was an ESRB critic) if this is true. the leaker should have no idea about anything outside the video. thus him pointing towards other leakers about the 5 characters would be false info because there wasnt anything in those pics pointing towards certain hidden characters.

the other not as beneficial to us is that nintendo of america caught the leaker and proceeded to fire and sue him/her. he has a copy of the final 3ds smash(apparently still has it). not much else is known though.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
and contiuing trying to help Paper marios' chances. 1 fact on leak pics is that all star mode is blocked and there seems to be space for about 5 characters.EVERYTHING about the possible choices on those slots is very controversial.

there are also 2 different stories about the leak source going on . one is that its a video ESRB got to review on the game if this is true. the leaker should have no idea about anything outside the video. thus him pointing towards other leakers about the 5 characters would be false info because there wasnt anything in those pics pointing towards certain hidden characters.

the other not as beneficial to us is that nintendo of america caught the leaker and proceeded to fire and sue him/her. he has a copy of the final 3ds smash(apparently still has it). not much else is known though.
Look, no one said finals and we have reasons to not think finals.

But no matter what the leak is, no matter if jr is in, no matter if dr is in,

It doesn't change Sakurai's words and the tease.

Which is why I'm sad to loose almost everything I acquired in 4 months.

Like, are you still following?

Jellybat

Smash Rookie
Look, no one said finals and we have reasons to not think finals.

But no matter what the leak is, no matter if jr is in, no matter if dr is in,

It doesn't change Sakurai's words and the tease.

Which is why I'm sad to loose almost everything I acquired in 4 months.

Like, are you still following?
If this makes you feel any better. Ridley is essentially in the same position right now( i call the current 5 slot predictions bogus) if you believe the ridley teasing Gives ridley a slot now. it should give Major chances for paper mario as well. it all depends on how Sakurai himself values teasing. (and our interpretation of his words.)

i still believe paper mario has his chances. but those could be broken by any POTD right now. if ridley is disconfirmed. the chances of paper mario take a major dive.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If this makes you feel any better. Ridley is essentially in the same position right now. if you believe the ridley teasing Gives ridley a slot now. it should give Major chances for paper mario as well. it all depends on how Sakurai himself (and our interpretation of his words.)

i still believer paper mario has his chances. but those could be broken by any POTD right now.
Krystall got [almsot deconfirmed] by leak.

Ridley has not changed from [almost confirmed] (worth a 5 hours essay on the subject). and he still got locked.

Jr is freaking out which is so ironic that I came there yesterday to congratulates reaching 100 supporters while I got that a week ago.

I'm wondering if people think right now.

So, I decided to do something as last ressort:

Everyone who claim to still support and believe as of the publication of the videos and still going until verdict, you will get added if not, but also get the ch7 crystal star picture from TTYD on the left and right of your tag.

I'll start to add the previous one now, but you have to be very clear, not just "maybe", but you would have to believe.

I'm starting to loose trust on this list and the people woth the star on confirmation would give me an idea of who supported until the end.

Like, don't force me to stop...I'll never do that.

Jellybat

Smash Rookie

Ridley has not changed from [almost confirmed] (worth a 5 hours essay on the subject). and he still got locked.

Jr is freaking out which is so ironic that I came there yesterday to congratulates reaching 100 supporters while I got that a week ago.

Everyone who claim to still support and believe as of the publication of the videos and still going until verdict, you will get added if not, but also get the ch7 crystal star picture from TTYD on the left and right of your tag.

I'll start to add the previous one now, but you have to be very clear, not just "maybe", but you would have to believe.

I'm starting to loose trust on this list and the people woth the star on confirmation would give me an idea of who supported until the end.

well. As i still have hope left for my 1# wanted newcomer. ill say this again.

add me as a supporter!!

(PS: i i tried to add more to the signature but it reminded me how inexperienced i am on making signatures..)

ps:2 . and apparently nothing showing on newer posts... fuuuu.. and it has a dang link i missed ...

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Paper Mario would have been a better choice than Dr Mario. :smirk:
While this is true, it's also not saying a lot. Almost any character is a better choice than Dr. Mario.

Paper Mario would be awesome, but set a higher standard.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Well I am going to assume that the final roster consists of the confirmed ones in the CSS plus Mii's, Chorus Men, Ridley, Dixie, and Mewtwo. Sigh. I really don't want to have to wait another 6 years for a smash game to only MAYBE get Paper Mario. I honestly would not mind if Smash Wii U gets exclusive expansions like street fighter 4. Honestly the only other big Mario contenders are Daisy, (CPT) Toad, and to a MUCH lesser extent, maybe fawful. Each of these guys would represent 4 major mario spin-offs that do not have playable reps. So unless Captain Toad is insanely popular when his game comes out, Paper Mario would be a probable choice as the next Mario newcomer, Maybe only beat out by a sports version of Daisy. Well hopefully Smash Wii U will have character DLC down the line.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

i thought krystal was disconfirmed? how wasn't she? don't get me wrong, i want her in the game but i don't understand how her trophy doesn't disconfirm her.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
i thought krystal was disconfirmed? how wasn't she? don't get me wrong, i want her in the game but i don't understand how her trophy doesn't disconfirm her.
[deconfirmed] = Objective deconfirmation.
[almost deconfirmed] = Subjective deconfirmation or, the lowest possible rating from a subjective standpoint.

Leaks are never objective and the trophy doesn't tell if playable character trophy or non playable. If we see her as trophy in potd tough, then it's [deconfirmed].

I made up my mind and I decided to apply this last resort measure.

So, I'll post in some threads to spread the message, but you can claim your belief (not just support, but belief) now. Support only gives you only the name.

I remind you that if he's confirmed, this mark is permanent unless you ask me to remove the mark before it gets archived if it is confirmed.

I'm sorry, but I lost too much faith in this list to let this go like this. After 4 months of intense supports which I managed to get support in sal leak time which was very dark support time, I can't believe we are back to even worse while under teasing considering we had nothing before.

That's why I have to do it. More info in the header in the OP that btw, won't change until verdict. The link to my post including the essay override the chance section as it is the best summary I can provide.

This is the link:

http://smashboards.com/threads/infi...-music-confirmed.324473/page-37#post-17391132

And the image you get on both side of your tag in the list (added if you weren't there):

Thanks if you choose to believe.

EDIT:

btw, I added everyone so far. If you're not there because you weren't clear or I misunderstood, you can always make a clear claim now.

It has to be honest and done with your heart.

Last edited:

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
So I just got back from taking a break yesterday, and I've calmed down now. I'd like to thank every last one of you who still supports our little buddy, and I want to say that I still have hope as well.
[deconfirmed] = Objective deconfirmation.
[almost deconfirmed] = Subjective deconfirmation or, the lowest possible rating from a subjective standpoint.

Leaks are never objective and the trophy doesn't tell if playable character trophy or non playable. If we see her as trophy in potd tough, then it's [deconfirmed].

I made up my mind and I decided to apply this last resort measure.

So, I'll post in some threads to spread the message, but you can claim your belief (not just support, but belief) now. Support only gives you only the name.

I remind you that if he's confirmed, this mark is permanent unless you ask me to remove the mark before it gets archived if it is confirmed.

I'm sorry, but I lost too much faith in this list to let this go like this. After 4 months of intense supports which I managed to get support in sal leak time which was very dark support time, I can't believe we are back to even worse while under teasing considering we had nothing before.

That's why I have to do it. More info in the header in the OP that btw, won't change until verdict. The link to my post including the essay override the chance section as it is the best summary I can provide.

This is the link:

And the image you get on both side of your tag in the list (added if you weren't there):

Thanks if you choose to believe.

EDIT:

btw, I added everyone so far. If you're not there because you weren't clear or I misunderstood, you can always make a clear claim now.

It has to be honest and done with your heart.
You can add me to the list of firm believers now.

EDIT: As a quick note, I removed the insensitive picture I posted yesterday.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I strongly support Paper Mario's inclusion whether its on the initial roster or as DLC.
You can add the stars next to my name.

Paper Maribro

Smash Ace
Hoping for an exciting update from Sakurai on my birthday. If Paper Mario gets revealed or some information pertaining to him is expanded upon today, I might explode from hype.

C'mon guys, let's just believe!

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
I firmly believe Paper Mario still has a chance of making it into Smash 4.

Even if Rosalina and Bowser Jr are in the game, Paper Mario should still be in too represent his own series. The "Paper Mario" series.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I strongly support Paper Mario's inclusion whether its on the initial roster or as DLC.
You can add the stars next to my name.
Hoping for an exciting update from Sakurai on my birthday. If Paper Mario gets revealed or some information pertaining to him is expanded upon today, I might explode from hype.

C'mon guys, let's just believe!
At least there's some people (you were marked prior).

I may have given up for Krystal, but I still stand for Paper Mario
I firmly believe Paper Mario still has a chance of making it into Smash 4.

Even if Rosalina and Bowser Jr are in the game, Paper Mario should still be in too represent his own series. The "Paper Mario" series.
You too got marked now, thanks!

So, I think you should be aware where I'm going with this:

this is a last chance to prove me that my OP function was useful.

Because now, I realise it wasn't except for 10 people excluding myself so far. Out of more than a 100, that's not even enough to be considered. Like, working as hard as I can to make this reserved support thread enjoyable until the end for 4 months and realising that just a leak that changes nothing with a solid evidence thus, make him believable would even destroy most of support, that makes me very sad and slightly mad. (my status is quite the truth).

My goal here as OP was to share love, not being alone, but it gives me the impression that I am (tittle of the thread isn't a !).

So, just to make people understand what this means, I did some changes that would decrease support quality:
  • removed the sentence on suggestions, but maybe not for the one marked.
  • removed the trademark in the tittle as it no longer matters and anyway, not much believed that by hearts.
  • changed the tittle to imply that I'm not sure if this thread believes or just me and a few, very low amount.
  • doing a last resort policy to separate believers and not.
What will happen:
  • will change the sig for advertising the last resort policy.
  • will decrease considerably my talks here and more increase on Ridley thread where people believe in the fate of my second most wanted.
  • if the thread is on page 2 and further, I won't bump it.
What may happen if I'm not proven wrong to loose faith and that's even under confirmation and despite the hype it would have on me:
  • I may leave my function as OP.
  • I may decrease my post on the whole site considerably meaning not being active anymore.
That's how I interpret the situation: those 4 months was mostly useless in the end and if people think I'm wrong, then I'm not the one who can say that, but the supporters.

Which is why I want to give everyone a chance by trying to advertise it for the last time.

If however, I'm proven wrong BEFORE ANY VERDICT, the tittle will have an ! instead and I may back up those changes.

And of course, I'll stay as OP and the site.

So, I think I was clear enough. I can't believe my own thread made me want to listen to final hours in loop.

btw, that's only from a support standpoint becuase the no disappointement thing is for the game, not support. I can enjoy him alone or I can not enjoy him at all and I'll be happy with the stage.

With that, do what you hear wants now. My decision is only after any verdict.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
C'mon aldelaro! The hype had to die down some time.
And hey, with DLC being common nowadays, Paper Mario may just be at the forefront of the DLC wishlist!

Top Bottom