• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infection! Mini-Adventure Game (0 Hours till Dawn) The bomb has dropped

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I can't figure out if there is a clue in having the town named after Constantinople or in having Eor name the main family after his own last name. Maybe there is a clue in the Gomorrah bit because Abraham begged God to not destroy the city if you could find even 1 worthy soul. Maybe we need to find an Abraham character so that he will be able to save us.
It's not that kind of game.

It's us vs. zombies. No deep thought involved.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Gah. Forgot to bold.

I run downstairs and turn on my front lights.

Also, to Wikipedia.

What I mean by that is that there's no mystery to solve. The zombies are there. We just have to figure out the best way to escape from them without getting killed in the process.

I have a plan, by the way, in case anybody is interested. But first of all, I think we all need guns. I think everyone should make their way to the gun shop. We'll all want those. Once we're there, we can discuss strategy. But surviving is first priority, and we'll need good weapons for that.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I don't know, there may be no mystery but Eor said in the first post that there is a clue in the description on how to get out.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Mediocre goes to the front door of his house and turns on the outside lights

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
By the way, I am with TMW, Handorin and KevinM in the forest and to the best of our knowledge we are at the very bottom, under the bottom right corner of the abandon mill of map 1. I really have no idea how crazy Eor would make the woods, it sure is a long hike to the gun shop.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am Richardson, alone in my house. Crap.
I board up the front door, and look to see if I've already blocked up the windows with furniture" (if I havent then push some couches over them or whatever) I creep upstairs with the intent of finding out what the zombies are looking at

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ok, there isnt much about me you guys need to know. I have a radio and Im a techniciain, so I can repair radios and other stuff like that. I imagine I need a repair kit or something, so I would need to go to my house.

KevinM, TMW_Redcell, and Wikpedia-
I know Eor said there were going to be random traps, and crap like that. So, we need to be careful with getting back to town. There is a stick nearby that I'll pickup and start clearing a path back to town. I guess I can lead, but Id rather not. If you see a trap, say so. If I see one, I'll tell you so you dont push me onto it. If you see zombies, we will just run like hell without worrying about the traps.

Pick up the stick and start going (after waiting for my 2 companions) northwest. I wave the stick in front of me on the ground to kick up leaves to look for traps.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Pick up the stick and start going (after waiting for my 3 companions) northwest. I wave the stick in front of me on the ground to kick up leaves to look for traps.

Fixed. I dont know why I put 2.

Also, how long is this stick?

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
I quietly peer out the window, then move toward the most central part of the house to avoid being heard by zombies. I whisper into the radio.

"Any survivors: My name is Joe Lakowski. I have sufficiently zombie proofed my house and am awaiting any survivors to arrive. I believe I might have some sort of plan for getting out of here. Over."

I quietly make sure my gun is loaded and cocked. I take off the strap on the holster of my machete, and wait on the stairs.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
****, guys. Stop hiding in your houses. We've got to move.

Also, I am not sure if there are going to be traps on the main road or not. I hope not, because that would enable us to drive, and therefore get to town much faster.

Also, McCloud, do you have any reason to assume that lights attract zombies? Anyhow, I already had four zombies around my house. The lights enabled me to see and kill them all. I'm now sitting in my house with Marshigio, waiting for him to become active so we can move out.

McCloud

I'm going off of general zombie protocol. You want to be as unattention grabbing as possible..

I peer out the window again to count the number of zombies

I know we have to move, but I'm not going until I'm reasonably safe. :p What house are you in? I'll meet you there if it's close enough. Also, what are you armed with?

I move to the kitchen and grab any bottles of alcohol or other flammable liquids. I grab kitchen rags and stuff them down the openings of the bottle, leaving a bit on the top.

McCloud

Sorry for double posts again, but:

Medi: The roads are more than likely blocked off with abandoned cars and flooded with zombies. The highway is probably useless to us as the outbreak started about a day ago. With the hundreds of people that were camping here either zombified or fleeing for their lives, we have a serious problem on our hands if we try to stick to the main roads. I would suggest following the trail along the road that eventually leads to the highway, but staying in the woods and off the road itself. We don't get any rest stops once we're on the trail/main road, so we should make sure that we're well equipped.

Also, I'm armed with a 4 shot rifle and a machete. I have a box of 36 shells.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Pythag moves to his front door and locks it, not sure what to board it up with as he has no pile of wood hanging around. Or nails, for that matter. He looks out the front window, and sees what looks to be over a dozen infected slowly walking towards his house, their eyes still fixed to the upper floor

McCloud looks out his window at the zombies on his street. The street is dark, but he sees from the street lights. It's flooded with zombies, the roads completely jammed. He does a method he learned, and cut the zombies in half, then cuts that half into another half, and starts to count in twos. He then times that number by four. He gets roughly 220, though he can't see all of the zombies from his location. But he understands that the housing development is overrun. He sees a small pack of zombies moving towards one house on the other side of the development. A light is on the second floor.

McCloud moves to kitchen and grabs two bottles of Jameson whiskey, and stuffs some kitchen rags in them.

Handorin picks up the branch. It's around four feet long and is pretty heavy. He wonders why he thought it was a stick

McCloud

*radio static*

Chhhhhhh. Pythag. This is Lakowski, over. You got a pack moving toward your house, over. I hope you're armed. If you can, try to make some molotovs. Make your way toward the other two houses on your street. I'm counting the zombies from my house on the other side, the Lakowski house. Between my house and your house you have a ridiculous amount of zombies. So don't go toward the Love Mansion. But if you're going to go that way, or if you have a window that faces the street, then toss a couple molotovs out before you run. Over.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I see them. Thanks
All I have is a steel hammer. I have a car as well, but I don't know if it's in a garage or not.
If it is, then I know I have more time.
I also want to find out what's going on in the top floor.
can you see anything possibly?

McCloud

Chhh

Pythag, nothing seems to be wrong with your bedroom upstairs, over. Outside your house is your car, a 2005 Hyundai Elantra. The pack is about 15 feet away from your house. I see the two windows of your house are unprotected, as well as your north side window. I think the north side window might be your best bet, over. Your car is surrounded by zombies, over. Also, more zombies are now looking at the light, over. Turn it off! Over.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I run up and turn off the light I didn't even know it was on!
and why the frick are my windows unprotected? I thought I put furniture in front of them.
ok, car out of the question for now.
I search for my alcoholic liquids in the kitchen and rags in order to make molotov cocktails

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You didn't because your first action failed, since you have no nails or planks of wood with you.

Pythag runs upstairs to his bedroom and turns off the light. He looks out, and sees about two dozen zombies still walking towards his house, about ten feet away. He runs downstairs and starts to push furniture in front of his windows. He moves a cupboard in front of one window and a grandfather clock in front of the other, then goes to the north window and moves a heavy chair in front. He then goes to the back window, which is only a kitchen window and too small to walk in from. He then goes to the south side, and blocks off the window there with a book shelf. He then goes and grabs three bottles of Bombay Gin, and stuffs rags in them. He has a box of matches nearby, he grabs them too.

McCloud

Pythag, you can't go out the front. The two dozen are going toward your 2 main windows. (west) There's only 2 zombies by the north window. You can probably outrun them, or smash them with your hammer. You're going to have to get out of there soon, mate. Over. I can't see the south or east windows, Over.

You could probably toss 1 molo towards the west side and burn some zombies. They won't die quickly, but they'll die. Over.

*chhh*

Radio call to other survivors in other houses: what houses are you guys in, and what are you equipped with, over.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Hello? This is Chad Swauger, by myself in my house with only a fireax to fend off these zombies with..

Quietly peer out the window to see exactly how many zombies are around before searching my house for any other kind of weapons or things that would pass as weapons.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Chad looks out his window. He sees several zombies out front, but they don't look at him. He leaves and looks through his house. He finds frying pans, knives, bottles, and a metal pole used to keep his shower curtain up. His lights are all off

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Uh, forgot something important. Updated first post, number 11

McCloud

Guys, I don't remember how many planes there are, but there are a couple on the airstrip. We can all fly a plane. There are no helicopters, though. The air strip is about 10-15 min by car, and the mall is about 4 minutes by car. I think our best bet might be to group together, head toward the mall, and then head toward the air strip to see if there is anything we can use to get the hell out of here. It should be about an hour round trip given that we all meet up within a relatively short amount of time and don't dawdle when searching the mall for equipment. Over.

chhh

Chad those knives might be handy. Stab a zombie through the eye. It's dangerous, but if you're caught it might be your only shot. You can't swing a fireaxe well one-handed.

-Chad-

Slackerator
I like that idea McCloud, I just wonder how far we'll actually be able to go....I mean I'm already apprehensive about even stepping foot outside of my house..

I'm guessing the knives I found were like kitchen knives.

Grabs a knife, and then inspects the bottles to see if there's anything alcoholic in them with the intent of making molotovs (totally stealing Pythag's idea)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I like that idea McCloud, I just wonder how far we'll actually be able to go....I mean I'm already apprehensive about even stepping foot outside of my house..

I'm guessing the knives I found were like kitchen knives.

Grabs a knife, and then inspects the bottles to see if there's anything alcoholic in them with the intent of making molotovs (totally stealing Pythag's idea)
You grab a knife and look through the bottles, but none of them are alcoholic, as you don't drink

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Alright, Medi and I have been driving around a lot and have run into several zombies, we just haven't been speaking over the radio too much. When I say several, I mean enough to rival Dead Rising. We were originally in the Goddamn creepy isolated farm house, but were soon run out as the zombies surrounded us. With that in mind, I urge everybody to get out of their houses ASAP, there's no use trying to stay there and fend these zombies off, at least not with the weapons most of us have been given.

Right now, we're by the shops and heading to the gunshop, it'll probably take us a while to actually get there, since we've seen scores of zombies in this area.

By the way, some info on the zombies.

-The fast ones are probably faster than most, if not all, of the people in this town
-The fast ones can jump very high, we've had a few jump on the roof of our car
-Obviously, they come out of nowhere, and they're relentless. They wouldn't stop coming out of the woods earlier and eventually surrounded us, so we had to make a break for it
-They're surprisingly strong, at least the fast ones are. Let's just say they have tight grips
-There aren't too many fast ones as Eor said, it seems that most of the quicker breed are only found on the road, though I may be wrong

I think I covered most of the important things we learned about the zombies on our little road trip.

So yeah, my advice to everybody would be to get the hell out of their houses like Medi said earlier, and get to the gunshop and arm ourselves so we actually have a chance against these things. As for everybody meeting up in one place, I don't know, I think we should all weigh in on that idea and try to help each other through the radio so that plan could even be possible. All I can say is to keep moving, staying in any one area is just asking to be gangbanged by these zombies.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
McCloud lights a Molotov and throws it into the streets from his attic. It shatters on the road, sending flames to consume the infected. They're soon on fire, but don't seem to notice it. Other zombies look towards the sudden light, and start to move towards it. McCloud then rips off the boards he had on his front door and sprints to his car. Zombies notice him and start to follow, but he manages to get inside his Kodiak and locks the door. About ten zombies are behind him, another one coming from his front yard, three from the Love Mansion, and about 200 are in front of him. They're all about ten feet away. The fire is behind him.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Ugh, finally found a radio.

My name is Nate Wakefield, bouncer and marksman. I have already cleared and escaped the stripclub, and arrived at the gunshop. This place is heavily armed and well prtotected with metal bars on the windows.

I am encouraging everyone to come here, but am warning that anybody who has been bitten will be kept under the barrel of a shotgun. Also, I am telling you right now that as I have laid claim to this gun store that the best weapons are going to go to the people who agree to join my party.

Which brings me to my main point. I would strongly recommend that we not go to the airstrip. I think our salvation lies in the cave to the north, If this town is the next gommorah then I intend to be the next Lot and the perverbial "Lot's cave" to the north is where we will find salvation. (seriously how did nobody get this clue, I'm an atheist and have never read the bible and even I got this one right away)

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I check to see how many zombies outside followed after McCloud (like how many are around my car now?
as well as go to the back kitchen window and check the number of zombies on that side of the house

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
About forty zombies followed McCloud. You hear another gunshot from where he went.

The zombies that were going your house have stopped, and are instead staring out where the fire was. The fire seems pretty big. There are four zombies in between you and your car, and another eight around it, though they're all looking away. Out back is no zombies.

McCloud

Guys, I made it out of the housing development. I torched about 30 zombies and ran over about 10 more. I made it a little bit down the road toward the shopping center, but a zombie got onto the bed of my truck. I spun around to shoot it, but it grabbed my gun. I got it with a machete, though. I moved toward the shopping center but there was a huge pileup with about 20 zombies. I tossed my last Molotov and escaped to the woods, but a zombie ripped off my jacket in the process. I have only 7 bullets left and my machete. I'm in the woods about 100 yards away from the main road.

Pythag, I suggest you wait until the molotov finishes burning the zombies, then the path should be clear for you to come. You'll see my truck, it's a 2006 Chevy Kodiak. I got rid of about 10 zombies from the road, but the rest are probably near my truck. The pileup is really bad though, I had to ditch the car.

Someone come in if you're in my area or planning to be. I'm chilling on a tree.

-Chad-

Slackerator
Whomg.

I look outside my window to see how many zombies are between the door and my car, and check a window at the back to see if there's any behind the house as well.

Is my backyard fenced in? =x

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Last I checked there were no zombies in the alley behind the gun shop. also, plz come in as big a group as you can because no zombies know im here right now but as soon as i start shooting they will. and there are a ton on the main road

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I head to my kitchen, fix myself a glass of water, and slam it down
McCloud how open were the roads? Not at all?
I'm wondering if it's best to try sneaking behind the houses up to the mall, or trying to get in my car.

Top Bottom