• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Individual Character Polling: Source Gaming Edition (1800+ Votes!) RESULTS ARE HERE!

Click yes if you voted on all 5 parts of the Individual Character Poll!

• Total voters

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Basically multiply the number of votes with the corresponding value, then average the score by total votes.

And fyi Micaiah is this (corresponding to timestamp):
upload_2015-9-11_21-15-23.png

(Disregard the rank, since Micaiah is below-par, which those I didn't count at all)

Or if you want, here's a tiny excel template:
upload_2015-9-11_21-18-46.png

Type in the 6th column without the brackets, then press ctrl+shift+enter.

Troykv

Smash Master
Basically multiply the number of votes with the corresponding value, then average the score by total votes.

View attachment 72871
(Disregard the rank, since Micaiah is below-par, which those I didn't count at all)

View attachment 72872
I see... a little bit better than I expected xD. Thanks Logo.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace

View attachment 72871

View attachment 72872
Where are you getting the results? I couldn't find it when I completed the poll.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Well, I'm sure I've voted 1 more than you ;). I have only voted 2 ~8 times, 3 3 times, 4 3 times, 5 once.
---
Updated result, now with unrepped newcomers:
Woah, really? Ray MK did that well in there? Awesome!

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Quick question how are guys able to check the results. Can you screenshot the button for me.

This is the message I get after answering the poll. I may access to the results by clicking on "Afficher les réponses précédentes" which I suppose is in English "View previous answers".

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

This is the message I get after answering the poll. I may access to the results by clicking on "Afficher les réponses précédentes" which I suppose is in English "View previous answers".
Yeah I couldn't screenshot it, but I get the same thing.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
5 - HECK YEAH!
Captain Toad, Princess Daisy, Dixie Kong, Mona, Toon Zelda, Tetra, Plusle and Minun, NEW PKMN Trainer (From any gen.), Anna, Azura, Micaiah, Krystal, Bandana Waddle Dee, Adeleine, Ninten, Fiora, ALL Retro characters, Rhythm Girl (Ms. Rhythm, as I like to refer to her as), 1080° character, Agent J, Alexandra Roivas, Andy, Barbara, Chibi-Robo, Isaac, Jill, John Raimi, Kururin, Lark, Ray (Custom Robo), Ryuta Ippongi and/or Sayaka Amemiya, Sami, Wave Race character, Aisya, Captain Rainbow, Fossil Fighter, Freyr and/or Freya, Henry Fleming, Inkling, Mallo, Savvy Stylist, Tempo, Wonder Red, New Mii Class, Chrom, Isabelle, Kamek, Meowth, Ridley, Toad, Zoroark, Dillon, Prince Sable, Saki, Sheriff, Starfy, Takamaru, Ice Climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Pichu, Wolf, PKMN Trainer (I'm also cool with SPECIFICALLY getting Red back as well.), Young Link, Arle Nadja, Tails, Valkyrie, Roll, Geno, Snake, Banjo and Kazooie, Shantae, Thomas (Kung Fu)

4 - Sure, why not? The concept intrigues me.
Birdo, Baby Mario, Baby Bros., Plum, Paper Mario, Professor E. Gadd, Cranky Kong, DK Jr., King K. Rool, Pauline, Stanley, Captain Syrup, Impa, Lana, Blaziken, Delphox, Sceptile, Scizor, Weavile, Corrin, Tiki, Tharja, King Hippo, Gooey, Magolor, Black Shadow, Jody Summer, K.K. Slider, Kumatora, Paula, Louie, Charlie, Brittany, Reyn, Chorus Kids, DJ, Yellow, Rhythm Monkey, Ashley Robbins/Kyle Hyde, Demille, Doshin/Jashin, Dr. Lobe, Mokka (Although I'd MUCH rather have a Magical Student from Magical Starsign, if you want my personal opinion.), Pokkle, Reckless Safety Man (YES, I said it. The moveset potential isn't something I could just ignore after seeing the support thread for him, OK?), Aeron/Elena, Eddy, Heracles, Isa Jo, Matthew, Maya, Monita, Nikki, Nintendoji, Raymond Bryce, Rusty Slugger, Vince, Welt, Zael/Calista, Zip/Zap, Tetris character, Eevee, Genesect, Jeff, Lyndis, Midna, Samurai Goroh, Skull Kid, Tingle, Tom Nook, Viridi, Waluigi, Dr. Kawashima, Dr. Wright, AiAi, Alex Kidd, B.D. Joe, Beat, Billy Hatcher, Chuih, Jack Frost, Joe Mushashi, Knuckles, NiGHTS, Opa Opa, Pulseman, Ristar, Ryo Hazuki, Amigo, Segata Sanshiro, Ulala, Bravoman, Cress Albane, Dig Dug (Taizo Hori), Gilgamesh/Princess Ki, Haruka Amami, Klonoa, KOS-MOS, Lloyd Irving, Mametchi, Wonder Momo, Bass, Captain Commando, Chun-Li (I can't decide between her, Ken, and Sakura), Proto Man, Sir Arthur, Strider Hiryu, Tron Bonne, Viewtiful Joe, Agnes Oblige, Sora, Black Mage, Chocobo, Cloud Strife, Slime, Bill Rizer, Bonk, Frogger, Ganbare Goemon, Raiden, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Endou Mamoru, Jibanyan, Professor Layton, Shovel Knight, Quote, Yooka and Laylee, Bub, Cooking Mama, Crash Bandicoot (I will say this RIGHT now, either they go with Crash's appearance PRE-Titans, or just don't add him AT ALL), Giana, Miku Hinasaki, Rayman, Ryu Hayabusa, Spyro (Pre-Skylanders appearance or bust),

I'll post the rest the later, mostly because.....I'm hungry.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
If I were to do one more poll (It'll be small though) and add some missing characters people were complaining about, who should I add?
I think I listed them earlier ITT, but I'm too lazy to go back and check, so I got:
Judd (Splatoon)
Cap'n Cuddlefish (Splatoon)
Camilla (Fire Emblem)
General Scales (Star Fox)
Bunston (Legendary Starfy)

There's probably more, but this is all I can think of right now. Also, make sure not to forget Zero this time!;)

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If I were to do one more poll (It'll be small though) and add some missing characters people were complaining about, who should I add?
Here are a few that I currently have in mind.
  • Swampert (he's the only final evolution Hoenn starter that was left out from the polls, so I think he could be added to add the next poll to complete the Hoenn starter trio)
  • Serperior (just like how fans advocate Sceptile because he comes from an unrepresented generation and is a grass type that can complete a starter trio in Smash, Serperior has the same appeal except he represents generation 5. I can see fans supporting Serperior for those reasons).
  • Jean Descole from the Professor Layton series (Yes, I know he has no chance at the moment because Layton isn't on the Smash roster right now, along with the fact with the Descole lacks of popularity on the ballot scene, but I noticed unrepresented series also including villains from their games in their poll, such as Gruntilda from Banjo and Kazooie and Pious Augustine from Eternal Darkness where neither of the main heroes from their games are yet to appear in Smash Bros. That in mind, perhaps Descole could be added in the future as well; he definitely has a lot of moveset potential with his sword, brawling skills, personal inventions, and destructive weapons. I mostly want to see Descole in the poll because I am curious to see how many want him).
  • Ragna the Bloodedge from the Blazblue series (I noticed that the poll had some characters that came from fighting games that only had one release on a Nintendo console, so I thought maybe some other fighters could be considered. Blazblue is a very popular fighting game these days, and if a Blazblue rep were to be considered, I think Ragna is one of the most likely candidates. He's the main hero, and unlike characters like Ryu, Heihachi, or Akira, he would stand out as the fighting-game rep that doesn't fight with fists but rather a large-sword and his demonic powers. He may not be that highly requested for Smash, but I think it would be interesting to see how many would be interested in his inclusion)
  • Noel Vermillion from the Blazblue series (same reasons as Ragna, except she's another likely candidate for a potential Blazblue rep since she is the main heroine of those games and could be an interesting addition due to the fact she's a gun-user, a fighting style that could use more representation in Smash Bros).

Mario123311

Smash Ace
The picture comes in different order than the polls, and is generally confusing.

(I just ended up skipping the pictures and just vote for those I know, others all 1)
..... :/

((Shame probably a lot here will never see Giana's full potential... Ah well. Please look up her full history though. Just saying, if you stopped at "Mario Clone"... *facepalm* Please don't tell me you did.))

Other than that

Voted for a few. Ones I saw "impossible" we're given a 2, ones I don't want at all were give. 1's

Ones I'm fine with are 3 and of course "omg most wanted" is 5.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
..... :/

((Shame probably a lot here will never see Giana's full potential... Ah well. Please look up her full history though. Just saying, if you stopped at "Mario Clone"... *facepalm* Please don't tell me you did.))

Other than that

Voted for a few. Ones I saw "impossible" we're given a 2, ones I don't want at all were give. 1's

Ones I'm fine with are 3 and of course "omg most wanted" is 5.
See some manys 1s give me the idea that people has paranoic "HE/SHE CAN STOLE MY SHOO'IN's SPOT" Feeling...

Nothing against anybody... Just give me that idea.

Logo12

Smash Lord
See some manys 1s give me the idea that people has paranoic "HE/SHE CAN STOLE MY SHOO'IN's SPOT" Feeling...

Nothing against anybody... Just give me that idea.
Well not exactly that, most people won't really like having certain characters they have no idea who they are at all, or just don't prefer the characters (over something or such)...

I'm not sure about others, but for me, I really don't prefer so much of the choice, which all seems obscure for me. Just picky :/

Troykv

Smash Master
Well not exactly that, most people won't really like having certain characters they have no idea who they are at all, or just don't prefer the characters (over something or such)...

I'm not sure about others, but for me, I really don't prefer so much of the choice, which all seems obscure for me. Just picky :/
Oh yeah... The idea was mostly about actual viable options for Smash Ballot, really few characters has mostly positive votes (would be possible that some of them get a 1s boost)... And the others have 1s mostly even with "3" be the default vote.

But yeah, your mindset also applies (mostly with the obscure characters).

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Here's the deconfirmed and Veterans results of mine.

5 - Absolutely a.k.a I love the idea as Smash fighter.
4 - I like, but not too strongly.
3 - Indifferent, unknown
2 - Don't like, but I'll give a chance if enters in.
1 - Absolutely don't like a.k.a Please, no.

Ice Climbers: 3 Solo: 3
PKMN trainer: 2
Pichu: 2
Young Link: 3
Squirtle: 1
Ivysaur: 1
Wolf: 3

Isabelle(AC): 1
Tingle: 2
Genesect: 3
Tom Nook: 2
Devil(Devil World): 1
Ghirahim: 4
Riki(Xenoblade): 1
Ashley(WarioWare): 3
Nabbit: 3
Toad: 1
Midna: 3
Knuckle Joe: 3
Kat & Ana: 3
Magnus(Kid Icarus): 3
Jeff(Mother): 4
Dunban: 1
Dark Samus: 3
Samurai Goroh: 3
Metal Face: 1
Shadow the Hedghog: 4
Meowth: 1
Skull Kid: 3
Nightmare(Kirby): 3
Kamek: 3
Zoroark: 4
Chrom(FE): 4
Mother Brain: 3
Andross: 3
Eevee: 2
Waluigi: 3
Gardevoir: 3
Ridley(Metroid): 4
Viridi: 3
Lyndis: 3
Sheriff: 2
Nintendog: 1
Dillon(Rolling Western): 3
Takemaru: 4
Dr. Kawashima: 1
Dr. Wright: 2
Wild Gunman: 3
Starfy: 3
Saki (Sin & Punishment): 4
Prince of Sable: 3

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Sayaka Amemiya (Ouendan)
Magical Students (Magical Starsign)
Ms. Madeline (Magical Starsign)
Elena (Pandora's Tower)
Calista (The Last Story)
Cupit (Sennen Kazoku)
Grunt (Batallion Wars)
Kyle Hyde (Hotel Dusk)
Sakura Samurai
Satoru (Card Hero DS)
Nibbles (Fossil Fighters: A New Frontier
Professor Vector
Warrior Mech Gauss

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Hmmm... Only the first part got 969 (as of speaking) votes. Other got only around 700.

I assume people just went bored after seeing the ranges of choices even in the first vote...

Also, please tell me when the result reach 1000 so I can do stuff with it

or just let me get the raw data directly so I don't need to spend so much time checking. plzzz?

Last edited:
Part 1 Poll (Playable represented franchises)

5 (Strong yes): Bandanna Dee, Captain Toad, Gengar, King K. Rool

4 (Yes): Classic Ganon, Cranky Kong, Dixie Kong, Impa, Magolor

3 (Indifferent): Black Shadow, Dark Matter, Dixie+Kiddy, Galacta Knight, Gooey, King Boo, Krystal, Paper Mario, Porky, Sceptile, Sylux

2 (No): 9-Volt, Absol, Adam Malkovich, Adeleine, Anthony Higgs, Azura, Anna, Baby Bros, Baby Mario, Bald Bull, Birdo, Blastoise, Blaziken, Blood Falcon, Brittany, Captain Syrup, Charlie, Corrin, Crazy Redd, Cross, Daisy, Daroach, Delphox, Diddy+Dixie, Dimentio, Donkey Kong Jr, E. Gadd, Eggplant Wizard, Eliwood, Elma, Ephraim, Fawful, Fiora, Gallade, Glass Joe, Giegue, Groose, Grovyle, Hades, Hawlucha, Hector, Jimmy T, Jody Summer, K. K. Slider, King Hippo, Kumatora, Lana, Lanky Kong, Leif, Lolo & Lala, Louie, Marx, Masked Man, Medusa, Melia, Micaiah, Mona, Mr. Resetti, Mr. Sandman, N, New Pokemon Trainer, Paula, Pauline, Peppy, Pico, Plasm Wraith, Plusle & Minun, Prince Fluff, Poo, Reyn, Rundas, Scizor, Sigurd, Slippy, Stanley the Bugman, Tetra, Tharja, Tiki, Toon Ganondorf, Toon Zelda, Vaati, Wario Land Wario, Wart, Weavile, Zant

1 (Strong no): Jumpman, Metal Mario, Miror B, Ninten, Plum, Toon Sheik

Adding other polls later.

Logo12

Smash Lord
1000 votes
Timestamp: 1:40 AM (UTC+8)

Notes:
  1. Sceptile, since the 2nd update, has been at approximately 19.4% consistently. Never raised up above 20%. :S
  2. Again, no one really raised (I think), and this time even Wolf dropped by 0.05, although still above 4.
  3. I'm not counting 5th part yet, since it only has 77 votes as of timestamp.
  4. The borderline bottom character continues to be Bayonetta.
Overall:
upload_2015-9-13_2-2-26.png

By category:
upload_2015-9-13_2-3-26.png

...Yeah

Edit: Here's a net change if anyone is interested (I started counting at the 700 point because that includes all the categories):

upload_2015-9-13_2-28-39.png

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Here's my unrepresented poll votes. (Wow, this is a lot.)

5 - Absolutely a.k.a I love the idea as Smash fighter.
4 - I like, but not too strongly.
3 - Indifferent, unknown
2 - Don't like, but I'll give a chance if enters in.
1 - Absolutely don't like a.k.a Please, no.

Goku(Yuyuki): 4
Hanafuda: 3
F-Type 3
Donbe & Hikari: 3
Alice(Balloon Kid): 2
Max, Dion, Jack: 3
Balloon Fighter: 2
Hakkun: 3
Urban Champion: 3
Diskun: 3
Harry(Teleroboxer): 3
Mini Kangaroo: 2
Mike Jones(StarTropics): 4
Professor Hector(Gyromite): 2
EVR Racer: 2
Excitebiker: 3
Bubbles(Clu Clu Land): 3
Parabo & Satebo: 3
Mach Rider: 3
Ayumi Tachibana: 4
Lip(Penel de Pon): 3
Muddy Mole: 3
Hiro(Card Hero): 3
Mr. Stevenson(Gumshoe): 3
Star Man(Pro Wrestling): 3
Tamagon(Devil World): 1
Fighter Hayabusa: 3
Sukapon: 3

Marshal: 3
Chorus Men: 3
Rhythm Monkey: 2
Rhythm Girl: 2
Karate Joe: 3
Rhythm Wrestler: 3
DJ Yellow: 3

Ray MK: 5
Kururin: 3
Wave Racer: 2
Kalas(Baten Kaitos): 3
Lark(Pilotwings): 2
Ashley Robbins(Another Code): 3
John Raimi: 4?
Andy(Advanced Wars): 3
Ryuta Ippongi: 3
Mokka(Magical Starsign): 3
Sami(Advance Wars): 3
Reckless Safety Man: 1
Pious Augustus(Eternal Darkness): 3
Jill(Drill Dozer): 3
Agent J(Elite Beat Agents): 3
Barbara(Jam With the Band): 3
Demille(Tomato Adventure): 3
Felix(Golden Sun): 4
1080 Snowboarder: 2
Doshin the Giant: 3
Alexandria Roivas (Eternal Darkness): 4
Pokkle (GiftPiA): 3
Chibi Robo: 4
Dr. Lobe: 3
Issac(Golden Sun): 5

Fossil Fighter: 3
Welt(Soma Bringer): 3
Callie & Marie(Splatoon): 3
Eddy(Fluidity): 3
Savvy Stylist: 1
Maya(Spirit Camera): 3
Zael(The Last Story): 3
Inkling: 4
Cpt. Rainbow: 4
Tempo{Harmoknight): 3
Aeron(Pandora's Tower): 3
Octoling(Splatoon): 3
Henry Flemming(Codename S.T.E.A.M): 4
Zip(FlingSmash): 3
Isa Jo: 4
Monita(Nintendo Land): 2
Vince(Art Academy): 2
Nintendoji: 3
Wonder Red: 5
Raymond Bryce(Disaster: Day of Crisis): 3
Non Specific Action Figure: 1
Rusty Slugger: 3
Nikki(Swapnote): 1
Aisya: 3
Mallo: 3
Matthew(Golden Sun): 4
Heracles(Glory of Heracles): 3
Freya: 3

Master Hand: 3
Tetris: 1
Tabuu: 3
Sandbag: 1
New Mii Class: 1

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I still want to say I'm surprised of all the No for WL Wario. Still wondering why people just go on to give Giana a 1 though, I mean... Are you that SURE? Just sayin'. Shovel Knight still baffles me. I'd rather have him next game, just saying here.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I still want to say I'm surprised of all the No for WL Wario. Still wondering why people just go on to give Giana a 1 though, I mean... Are you that SURE? Just sayin'. Shovel Knight still baffles me. I'd rather have him next game, just saying here.
I'll explain my position on these characters:
For WL Wario, I'd much rather have Wario with a moveset based on the WL series, but I don't want 2 Wario's, so it's a no for me. Giana doesn't interest me whatsoever, and I think Shovel Knight is a cool character with a lot of potential so I gave him a 4.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I'll explain my position on these characters:
For WL Wario, I'd much rather have Wario with a moveset based on the WL series, but I don't want 2 Wario's, so it's a no for me. Giana doesn't interest me whatsoever, and I think Shovel Knight is a cool character with a lot of potential so I gave him a 4.
Don't get me wrong, I think Shovel Knight would make an excellent addition to Smash... For a later game though. As of now, He is a newborn indie who hasn't had much of a history with Nintendo. Giana has had quite a weird one, eventually being revived on the DS of all thing nearly a decade later. Kinda the same reason why I am also fine with Shantae, who started out on a Nintendo system and so on. Hope you kinda get what I mean.

I'm not gonna try and change your opinion, Just thought it was worth sharing. Plus the fight between Giana and Mario has been long overdue if you think about it. I'm fine if he makes it in, I just personally think Giana would have an easier shot. Thankfully she does have plenty of supporters outside of Smashboards it seems anyway. ((You'd be surprised of her following.))

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I went and voted on all 5 parts and upvoted it on reddit. Did I do good?

Part 4 took a while.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The guy who gave 400+ votes for Krystal in the Ultimate Ballot Poll is now sharing the Individual Character Poll on Twitter:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
WERE GOING TO GET SOME PRODUCTIVE RESULTS! :DD:DDD:DD:D:D:D

Part 2 Poll (Other Nintendo Series):

5 (Strong yes): None

4 (Yes): Chibi-Robo, Isaac

3 (Indifferent): Excitebiker, Inkling, Mach Rider, Ray MK, Wonder Red

2 (No): 1080, Aeron, Agent J, Aisya, Alexandria Roivas, Alice, Andy, Ashley Robbins, Ayumi, Balloon Fighter, Barbara, Bubbles, Callie & Marrie, Captain Rainbow, Chorus Kids, Demille, Diskun, DJ Yellow, Donbe & Hikari, Doshin, Dr. Lobe, Eddy, EVR Racer, F-Type, Felix, Fighter Hayabusa, Fossil Fighter, Freya, Goku (Yuyuki), Hakkun, Hanafuda, Harry, Henry Fleming, Heracles, Hiro, Isa Jo, Jill, John Raimi, Kalas, Karate Joe, Kururin, Lark, Lip, Mallo, Marshal, Master Hand, Matthew, Max, Dion & Jack, Maya, Mike Jones, Mini Kangaroo, Mokka, Monita, Mr. Stevenson, Muddy Mole, Nikki, Nintendoji, Non-Specific Action Figure. Octoling, Parabo & Satebo, Pious Augustus, Pokkle, Professor Hector, Raymond Bruce, Rhythm Girl, Rhythm Monkey, Rhythm Wrestler, Rusty Slugger, Ryuta Ippongi, Sami, Sandbag, Savvy Stylist, Star Man, Sukapon, Tabuu, Tamagon, Tempo, Tetris Character, Urban Champion, Vince, Wave Racer, Welt, Zael, Zip

1 (Strong no): New Mii, Reckless Safety Man

Top Bottom