• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
yo NJzFinest, you know how co_and_me + Fusegen died?

co_and_me died of some disease in which I can't remember.

If you research it you can find it. it's on SWF somewhere

Also

****ing ******* drunk guy. Argh whoever didn't take his keys is also a ******* but the drunk guy... cmon. No sympathy

Superstar

Smash Champion
Drunk guy makes me rage.

Not as much as you people did though, I had no sympathy for the guy to begin with. Now I know I wasn't mistaken at all.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Alcohol and drugs are bad an all but this isn't a social thread.

You wanna talk about drugs, take it somewhere else. Even if we were to find the cause it doesn't matter.

Edit: I meant to say WHO caused his death, ofcourse I know how it happened. Apologies

RDK

Smash Hero
Alcohol and drugs are bad an all but this isn't a social thread.

You wanna talk about drugs, take it somewhere else. Even if we were to find the cause it doesn't matter.

Edit: I meant to say WHO caused his death, ofcourse I know how it happened. Apologies
Dude, get the **** out of here. Nobody cares what you have to say. You didn't even know the guy.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Yes. Readin' the article I can say for sure it was drunk driving or talking on the phone. I've seen ppl on the phone while driving irl and their consistency gets ****ed real bad.

Also concerning the article, at least some1 made it alive. I'M thankful for that.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I loved Ryan, and though I am not a mod anymore, I do know that while the man who caused the accident was at fault with more than poor, ****able judgment, and that he stole Ryan from his mother, his extended family, his friends, all of us, and the whole world, cursing that man will end in this thread being closed. That is something that none of us want to happen and so I'd politely ask that we stop that and instead continue to remember Ryan in the way that all of us know we should, with the projects dedicated to him and the pictures posted of him, and in kind words. In addition, if his mother reads this thread to find the wonderful comments that we leave for Ryan in memory, I am sure that she would want to see kindness.

j00t

Smash Champion
I loved Ryan, and though I am not a mod anymore, I do know that while the man who caused the accident was at fault with more than poor, ****able judgment, and that he stole Ryan from his mother, his extended family, his friends, all of us, and the whole world, cursing that man will end in this thread being closed. That is something that none of us want to happen and so I'd politely ask that we stop that and instead continue to remember Ryan in the way that all of us know we should, with the projects dedicated to him and the pictures posted of him, and in kind words. In addition, if his mother reads this thread to find the wonderful comments that we leave for Ryan in memory, I am sure that she would want to see kindness.
I agree. Venting hate towards the other driver is not going to bring Ryan back.

otg

Smash Master
It makes me curious.

I mean did the guy really just decide to drive, knowing he was hammered?

Did he CONSCIOUSLY start driving a car?

****ing ****.
As sad as it is to say, people ****ing do it all the time. It's hard to believe that people could be so short cited and ********, but it happens alll the ****ing time. This past summer, right as I was turning onto my street, a drunk driving crashed into trying to pass me on a ****ing one lane road, knocking me into a park and destorying his car. The worst part is, he tried to flee the scene cause he stole the car, didn't have a license and had pot on him. He got busted and all, but it makes you wonder, how can people be so ****ING stupid.

Knowing that it was a drunk driver in this particular incident with Nes_n00b is so ****ing atrcious, it fills me with rage. Jesus ****ing christ.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I think it is so amazing to see the people that are returning to SWF to acknowledge the passing of a friend.

People who I haven't spoken with in a long while are resurfacing,

and it is simply breathtaking to see how the smash community has responded.

Everyone and their brother is compiling videos or pictures in commemoration,

hosting a tournament or raising money for the scholarship fund,

or even paying respects through kind words, the avatars, or signatures for Ryan.

There have been times that have divided SWF and its habitants.

But when it really comes down to it, we are truly a family and one of the greatest communities around.

This has been a hard time for us all, and we have pulled together splendidly,

to comfort each other,

to reminisce and share memories,

and to commemorate the time we were blessed with Ryan's company.

In closing, I am so thankful to be a part of this family,

and I hope that Ryan's family, friends, smashers that were close to him, and the guys from [p2w]

can find a similar comfort in the way the community has responded,

because as furious as I have been at times,

and as upset,

I have taken a great deal of comfort from everyone.

R.I.P. Ryan Roberts, you were too young. You were a phenomenal guy of singular character, and you will live on through the actions of us all. <3

SiD

Smash Master
True that Wolfy, I haven't been a part of the Smash community for at least a year and a half, but coming back here and seeing everyone getting together for this, it's heart warming.

Winnar

Smash Lord
You know I just noticed something...when playing smash in the past I was only focused on myself, how I could get better, what I could be doing better, etc.

Since Ryan's passing there's been a COMPLETE shift in how I play. Now as I play I look at others and find myself cheering them on for their triumphs just as much as my own.

Thank you, Ryan, for reminding me how to play for others. I'm deeply sorry and ashamed it took your death for me to remember how to do that...

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
I didn't really know NES Noob very well, but he did make the trip up to a tournament I helped run. He did well and you could tell he loved smash. Prayers go out for his friends and family.

RDK

Smash Hero
I think it is so amazing to see the people that are returning to SWF to acknowledge the passing of a friend.

People who I haven't spoken with in a long while are resurfacing,

and it is simply breathtaking to see how the smash community has responded.

Everyone and their brother is compiling videos or pictures in commemoration,

hosting a tournament or raising money for the scholarship fund,

or even paying respects through kind words, the avatars, or signatures for Ryan.

There have been times that have divided SWF and its habitants.

But when it really comes down to it, we are truly a family and one of the greatest communities around.

This has been a hard time for us all, and we have pulled together splendidly,

to comfort each other,

to reminisce and share memories,

and to commemorate the time we were blessed with Ryan's company.

In closing, I am so thankful to be a part of this family,

and I hope that Ryan's family, friends, smashers that were close to him, and the guys from [p2w]

can find a similar comfort in the way the community has responded,

because as furious as I have been at times,

and as upset,

I have taken a great deal of comfort from everyone.

R.I.P. Ryan Roberts, you were too young. You were a phenomenal guy of singular character, and you will live on through the actions of us all. <3
Seconded. Real talk.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I can't believe this, I never got to know, meet, or even talk to NES n00b. But, I see his pictures posted, and hear about what a great person he was. I mean, to see a smiling picture, and know that person is gone forever makes me sad, even if I didn't know him. I've heard how ideal a smasher he was, but not only that, his qualities, great competitive nature and eveyrthing. Even not knowing it, I somehow feel like I'll miss him.

He seemed to be a wonderful person, who should be respected and honored, so I observe a moment of silence for NES n00b.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Hi everyone. I'm from the smash community Play 2 Win.

As some of you may know, NES noob was a dedicated member to our team. I had a great time with him in the times when I was a much more active member. Specifically, when Brawl was released. With him I played online some of the best Fox dittos I will ever have the pleasure to play. Ryan was indeed a difficult opponent, but outside games, he was funny, energetic, and passionate not just for Smash, but for his family as well.

I lost a cousin last February, also in a car accident. I may not have been as close to Ryan as the people he knows in real life, but I know exactly what they're going through. I sympathize with them, and honestly, it's making me cry as I type this. Reality is never easy to accept in situations like these, and it breaks the heart of whoever comes to experience it.

As for the event to be held in his memory and respects, I would love to attend, having a family member working for the airlines. However, my life as a senior in high school back here in California keeps me from doing that. I hope everyone who attends the event is touched by all the people who can sympathize and connect with each other over the loss of this incredible person.

My dearest prayers all go out to the Roberts family and the soul of Ryan. Ryan, you will be missed, and I hope to meet play you again in heaven some day.

-Rex L.

R.I.P. Ryan Roberts

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
wow...
hopefully everybody can take this as a lesson. never drive drunk. ever. you're risking far more than your own life.
Seriously.

In your life, if you ever are in a dilemma of whether to drive or not, after drinking, PLEASE don't. Think of nes n00b every time you have the slightest urge to drive. Or, if your friend is about to drive. Please think of nes n00b.

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
There's now 2 deceased smashers.

One fought a complication to the very end. The other, in a complication where the was no hope.

Regardless of how different the method, the message is clear:

There's families we love.
Friends and other people we love enough to consider as a 2nd family.
...and now with technology, members of a community to make friends with, debate against, and other memories. In other words, our 3rd family.

Commonly, one is left in a mental rut (depression, anger, confusion) when a member of one's family dies, regardless of how distant the relationship was. Even through hatred, one cannot help but she a tear at a relative's death.

Though many of us never met or knew NES N00B well (or even at all), as a member of our third family, we all mourn his death and wish him well in the afterlife.

It's great what people are doing as an aftermath to this event. It's evidence that these words are true and that we as a community known by others (whether gaming-related or not) as "Mere Smashers" reach far deeper than the title of "gamer" and other titles/stereotypes bestowed upon us. It's evidence that a video game can reach farther than a time-killer; gaming can unite people regardless of race, age, gender, and other factors.

And most importantly, it's evidence that we truly care. Whether it's with these combo videos and other collaborative projects, or reminiscing about past meetings, or even simply rewatching old videos of NES N00B's fights, the smallest things show our feelings toward him.

This is why Smash is more than just a party game. This is why the Smash series is one of the greatest game series of all time, now and forever. This is why Smash is not simply about ATs or even Mindgames or even a topic to debate which game in the series is the best.

It brings us together, in one way or another.

Though this is like my second or third time saying this, rest in peace, NES N00B. Rest in peace, Ryan Roberts...

DJRome

Smash Hero
smash is something that you have to invest emotionally, like many hobbies. but like i've said before, a smash game is like a conversation. with so much discourse, you cannot possibly detach yourself. god bless ryan

soap

Smash Hero
There are apparently others, but admittedly I am only aware of ryan as well as Daniel Kish(KishCubed)
that west coast ganon player. "undisputed" i believe.

ryan was the first that i actually had met. that makes it alot more real to me

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Omg i cant believe this. Im glad i met him and even teamed with him. This is so sad. I i don't really know what to say. He was always so nice. He was a good guy smash aside. Im going to pray for him since its all i can do. Noob remember nicaboy aka dale got mad love for you.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
It makes me curious.

I mean did the guy really just decide to drive, knowing he was hammered?

Did he CONSCIOUSLY start driving a car?

****ing ****.
I guess some people just don't respect life, or anything for that matter. I just wish their ignorance doesn't have to come at the cost of someone else's life.

Glitchy

Smash Cadet
Never met him and never had the chance because of where I live.
But I read a lot of his posts and he seemed like a nice guy and probably was since everbody is posting so much good things about him.

Rest In Peace

.Marik

is a social misfit
Does anybody know what happened to KishCubed?

I'm curious, sorry if this brings up painful memories for people who knew him.

황미영

Smash Champion
Does anybody know what happened to KishCubed?

I'm curious, sorry if this brings up painful memories for people who knew him.
I read that he had a heart transplant and well the new heart wasn't accepted into his body and he died. Not exactly that way, but I dunno, it's just what I read. I'm ignorant.

.Marik

is a social misfit
So his body rejected the transplant?

That's very well possible. It could've depended on his blood type, the medication he did or didn't take...

Yikes. I'm also going for heart surgery in a couple of months. D:

황미영

Smash Champion
So his body rejected the transplant?

That's very well possible. It could've depended on his blood type, the medication he did or didn't take...

Yikes. I'm also going for heart surgery in a couple of months. D:
I guess...

Don't worry, have faith that everything will be alright in the end. :3

Top Bottom