• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

Jayford

Smash Lord

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
That just makes me so furious.

It was easier to take in stride when it was just an accident of sorts

and just a tragedy that some old guy was lost and accidentally killed a friend.

But a BAC of .237?!

So horrible.

Haven't been this mad in a long time.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
"Robert McCollum, 36, of Pulaski, Tenn., had a blood alcohol content of .237 percent when he caused the crash the evening of Nov. 24"

That's rediculous! .08 is legally drunk and he was that bad!?

Even though I didn't personally know Nes N00B I will agree with you wolfy, this makes me really mad.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
wow...
hopefully everybody can take this as a lesson. never drive drunk. ever. you're risking far more than your own life.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I heard about this a while ago, and I honestly feel horrible for the whole situation. Drunken idiocy aside from the other driver, I hope that both men can RIP. At the very least, for those of us who had our lives touched by NES n00b, he'll never ever leave, and I think that to be a comforting thought.

My condolences to all those close to him, family, friends, and smashers alike. If anyone needs to talk and whatnot, I'll offer my shoulder as much as I can...

RIP, NES n00b... ;.;

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm raging at the drunk guy, this is completely unexcusable. I had a little sympathy for him at first, but now I hold him in the highest contempt. The pathetic excuse of a human...a waste of air like him has the weight of a great man on his record now. He'll never be able to repay that. I'm disgusted.

Samochan

Smash Master
Ugh, I frown upon stupid people if they act idiotically towards others, but I simply hate such people who, because of their acts of stupidity, take away the life of someone else cause they're immature enough to not think through and be responsible for their actions, stupid or not. Ironically enough, in most cases it's the victim who bears the brunt of that action and the perpetrator gets away with a few bruises, not to mention alchohol actually protecting their brains from damage.

It's truly a fine case of injustice when because of some idiot who decided driving while ****ing drunk was awesome, a fine person that nes noob was got stripped from this world cause of unlucky coincidence. He hardly deserved it. Life isn't very fair though, but it's such a shame. :/

I believe a combo video in the memory of NES Noob wouldn't be a wasted effort.

rhan

Smash Hero
wow...
hopefully everybody can take this as a lesson. never drive drunk. ever. you're risking far more than your own life.
I think a majority of people in the world already know not to drive drunk. But they cannot help the actions and choices of others. What happened to Ryan was out of his control. He just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Which makes the situation even more depressing. ='[

This just goes to show that even if you're doing the right thing, there are always corrupted people out there that disregaurd the lives of themselves and/or others....

I heard nes n00b won *Pound 4*.

i wish =(
He might as well have. The **** thing hasn't even started and he's the most reconized player! If anything Pound 4 is his moment of shine and remembrance in the eyes of us smashers.

Winnar

Smash Lord
"Robert McCollum, 36, of Pulaski, Tenn., had a blood alcohol content of .237 percent when he caused the crash the evening of Nov. 24"

I...am raging...SO hard right now

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Dear god that means that 23% of his blood was alcohol, and he still drove that night anyway. ****ing pathetic
.237%. Not 23.7%. If you got anywhere near half a percent of your blood being alcohol, you'd die.
Still, that means more than 10 drinks in the last few hours for a full grown man, which is well beyond "give me your ****ing keys".

thumbswayup

Smash Master
.237%. Not 23.7%. If you got anywhere near half a percent of your blood being alcohol, you'd die.
Still, that means more than 10 drinks in the last few hours for a full grown man, which is well beyond "give me your ****ing keys".
My bad, I completely looked at that wrong. I had no idea that meant percents automatically before. Just looked it up and you're right, .35%–0.40% represents potentially fatal alcohol poisoning. So yeah .50% would kill you

황미영

Smash Champion
Woooooow... I knew it. Someone sober wouldn't go into the high way the wrong way.

This truly is sad. Out of everybody why did Ryan had to be the one to go? That's just not fair. :/

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0

soap

Smash Hero
how dark was this road?

was the guy driving without headlights?

i just keep picturing that scene from death proof where the guy drives down the country road with no lights on then flashes them on at the last second.

i know ryan had good reaction time, how would he not see the guy in time

StriCNYN3

Smash Journeyman
Ugh. Atleast before it was understandable that it was just an accident, but now that we all know it was because of his poor decision to drink, I have no type of sympathy for this man. How many people are we going to lose because of this? In my school, My friend Chain-ace and I had an assembly on last monday about a mother who lost her only child due to a drunk driver and his careless actions. It bothers me that THE NEXT DAY, Nes n00b dies for the same exact reason. I don't even have my liscense yet, but by the way things are going on the road these days, I might as well just forget it and just ride my bike for the rest of my life.

soap

Smash Hero
drunk drivers can hit u on the sidewalk too.

you'd have to stay inside to be completely safe.

and depending how close you are to the street you are not safe even there.

i have heard stories of people drunk driving into houses

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
how dark was this road?

was the guy driving without headlights?

i just keep picturing that scene from death proof where the guy drives down the country road with no lights on then flashes them on at the last second.

Ever since reading about this I have wondered the same thing. The best I can come up with is that they both tried to get out of the way and turned in the same direction. Besides going that fast in both directions can make it tricky. Like disbelief that someone would actually be going the wrong way on the road like that.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Alcohol seems to be the cause of all of life's problems
there is nothing inherently bad about alcohol, as with most drugs. It is only 'bad' through misuse, abuse, or addiction.
What the **** was that guy doing driving with that intense of a BAC?

_kSo_

Smash Master
Ugh, I frown upon stupid people if they act idiotically towards others, but I simply hate such people who, because of their acts of stupidity, take away the life of someone else cause they're immature enough to not think through and be responsible for their actions, stupid or not. Ironically enough, in most cases it's the victim who bears the brunt of that action and the perpetrator gets away with a few bruises, not to mention alchohol actually protecting their brains from damage.

It's truly a fine case of injustice when because of some idiot who decided driving while ****ing drunk was awesome, a fine person that nes noob was got stripped from this world cause of unlucky coincidence. He hardly deserved it. Life isn't very fair though, but it's such a shame. :/

I believe a combo video in the memory of NES Noob wouldn't be a wasted effort.
I'm currently in the process of making a video in his honor. I have all the videos from JAB 2, the most recent tournament he went to (and he won :)...good for you Ryan...). If anyone else has some good youtube links of combos that would be good for the video, let me know. I want to have Ryan's best moments in this video. He deserves it.

I'm so angry right now.....drunk drivers are ****ing stupid

.Marik

is a social misfit
Ryan never deserved this.

I'm in disbelief. .237%?

Now his Falcon will never be able to shine again.

In heaven, maybe...

G. Vice

Smash Lord
how dark was this road?.

That piece of crap was probably so drunk off his rocker it was a split second control loss thing. Or like it was talked about earlier, they avoided the same way, and collided head on.

I can't talk about this. I'm raging so much. He just had to get his drink on, right then. I hate that guy. Mother...

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
That piece of crap was probably so drunk off his rocker it was a split second control loss thing. Or like it was talked about earlier, they avoided the same way, and collided head on.

I can't talk about this. I'm raging so much. He just had to get his drink on, right then. I hate that guy. Mother...
Uh what? Alcohol and drugs weren't involved in the crash. It's suspected that the driver was just lost and was driving on the wrong side of the road. >_>

Top Bottom