• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In the memory of n00b.

Sariku

Smash Master
This is Sariku. I am currently at Ryan's house, speaking with his mother and other family members. I have a few words from his mother that she'd like to share with the community.

I want to say how much I appreciate that Ryan had such good friends that cared about him and saw the kind, gentle, loving spirit that I saw in him.

If anyone is interested they can make a contribution to a scholarship fund in memory of Ryan Roberts to the University of Mississippi Foundation. If they send a check, they need to put "In Memory of Ryan Roberts" in the memo section of the check. (bottom left). Or if you want to give online, you can do so by logging onto the U.M. Foundation.com and click the link that says "Make a Gift" and in the comment section put "In Memory of Ryan Roberts." so it will go into his fund and not just a general fund.

Thank you very much for your willingness in holding this tournament in honor of my son and helping fund this scholarship program.
I may have more later. But this was directly from his mother. :]

Superstar

Smash Champion
Holy...****...

I just got told what happened by Zephyr today, I'm always in the 64 boards if anything, so I never saw this. But it still hit me pretty hard.

I never met him in person, but I did meet him online back in the day, was in the same "clan" as he was (P2W), and from what I remember he was a very awesome person. I might have seen him in a tournament if my parents aren't so anal retentive about me going out. Didn't know him for that long and we just "split apart" a short while after that, but it doesn't bring him down as a person any less. I need to read the Brawl potentially sucking thread just to relive the memories. I know my common sense was worse then, but still.

I'm asbergers. This is the first time I have ever cried for another person. I bawled twice, and shed tears for 2 hours straight.

EDIT: If he truely said "You Just Be Johning", I will use that phrase now, in TF2, in wherever, I don't care.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
the new avatars are too much

i see the RIP NES noob avatars on posts, but for a split second, I think it's him saying that he's okay
Same here. Perhaps that's his way of saying he's okay now that he's in a better place.

Rest in peace, Ryan. I still owe you a money match :(

SiD

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=97393

I used to be dumb then, but we talked a lot in this thread. I was pretty ******** then, and I'm sure other people too, so you'll find some quotes in there.

I can't be bothered to dig through it anymore after all the noob stuff I reminisced on, but for those close to him, here you go.
Oh awesome dude that's where most of [p2w] met! Not me of course, that was the Sonic thread lol good times. Nes n00b was way smarter than 98% of people on SWF. I miss all our discussions, and mafia games at the play2win forums, and fighting 4chan on ED. Can't wait to do the memorial p2w podcast in his honor that RDK is organizing.

DJRome

Smash Hero
The best idea is to hold a series of local tournaments for ryan rather than regional tournaments. that extra money people would be willing to spend for travel expenses should just be added to the donation. it's much better to donate more money and have more smaller tournaments than have a few larger ones and waste $ on travel expenses imo

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I know...I see the philosoraptor and it's been permanently associated with Ryan...
what has been seen cannot be unseen..
:(

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
The best idea is to hold a series of local tournaments for ryan rather than regional tournaments. that extra money people would be willing to spend for travel expenses should just be added to the donation. it's much better to donate more money and have more smaller tournaments than have a few larger ones and waste $ on travel expenses imo
This is a great point!

-Ran

Smash Master
For those that may remember, I found a way to contact his mother to let her know of the great love that was being given to him.

Gayle Roberts said:
Thank you for your kind words. It means a great deal that he had friends who knew the sweet, loving wonderful young man that I loved so.

Tomacawk

Smash Master

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Oh awesome dude that's where most of [p2w] met! Not me of course, that was the Sonic thread lol good times. Nes n00b was way smarter than 98% of people on SWF. I miss all our discussions, and mafia games at the play2win forums, and fighting 4chan on ED. Can't wait to do the memorial p2w podcast in his honor that RDK is organizing.
Yeah man. I remember it was like us against the world for a while. Ryan of course, SiD ,del, Smooth, Dylan, RDK, wigz, kabyk Superstar, zephyr, Takeshi, sariku, buzz, myself, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting. Whatever happened to Secretcode or Hippo? I've been trying to find them. I tried facebooking Secret because I remember his name but no response yet. we need to reunite for sure and im glad we're doing the podcast again, and i hope more [p2w] members will be able to make it to the memorial tournament. pretty much out of time to make legit shirts, but i think we should try and come up with something. he was a huge part of p2w and i remember hours spent on the chat box talking melee, brawl, and everything under the sun. i've got some screen caps of some particularly funny conversations on my computer at home, ill try and get 'em up when im back on the 11th.

SiD

Smash Master
Apparantly everyone ended up hating Hippo, I wasn't there for that. Secret is still on the [p2w] forums cbox. He's the one who told me about this.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
The avatars are just one way for Ryan to live on through us. I'm sorry for any additional pain it might have caused you.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
I remember the first time I met n00b.

I was traveling to Hollywood in my Winnebago, I had a thirst, but not all the water in the universe could quench it, this was a something different, a different thirst. A very lusty thirst.

I arrived at a bar and ordered a pint of Guinness, I scanned the room nothing going on. In my youth I was very headstrong, arrogant, horny. I thought I could handle everything, until. My beverage arrives, I notice the young bartender, your average looking American, as slides the pint to my half of the bar, I notice his hands. They looked strong, rough and callused. I look up and our eyes locked. I then broke that long 13.36 second silence and asked "do you play?" He responded "only to win." Blood rose to my face, for the first time in a while I was at a lost for words.

We were up all night, smashing, no items, we wanted to smash with out god given abilities. He was on top most of the night, but I surprised him with some of my own moves.
I left that following morning while he slept, although I had just met him that night, I knew our souls would be forever intertwined.
9 months later, I gave birth to SNES nub, n00b wasn't there. And now he can never physically be there for his ******* child.
I will never forget n00b, NEVER!

Waynebruce

Smash Cadet
O_O

RIP, NESS n00b.
I didnt know him very well, but the first Link (pro) match saw was his...
****. RIP.

RetroAntonio

Smash Apprentice

I was traveling to Hollywood in my Winnebago, I had a thirst, but not all the water in the universe could quench it, this was a something different, a different thirst. A very lusty thirst.

I arrived at a bar and ordered a pint of Guinness, I scanned the room nothing going on. In my youth I was very headstrong, arrogant, horny. I thought I could handle everything, until. My beverage arrives, I notice the young bartender, your average looking American, as slides the pint to my half of the bar, I notice his hands. They looked strong, rough and callused. I look up and our eyes locked. I then broke that long 13.36 second silence and asked "do you play?" He responded "only to win." Blood rose to my face, for the first time in a while I was at a lost for words.

We were up all night, smashing, no items, we wanted to smash with out god given abilities. He was on top most of the night, but I surprised him with some of my own moves.
I left that following morning while he slept, although I had just met him that night, I knew our souls would be forever intertwined.
9 months later, I gave birth to SNES nub, n00b wasn't there. And now he can never physically be there for his ******* child.
Epic. So. Frikin. EPIC.

RDK

Smash Hero

Nevar forget.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
****. I get back on the forum for one minute and I find out about this stuff. Never met NES in person, only through the web, but I could tell he was a nice guy and did not deserve this one bit, can't believe his mom has to go through this either. RIP N00b. :( I'm hoping to play your gdlk Falcon in the clouds above, if God wills it so, that is.

Now that I look back to it, my screenname is freakin' ********.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
No. ****ing. Way. I've known n00b for a few years, and played with him in tournies and smashfests. He's who made my Link what he is today. I'm still nowhere nearly as good as him, but ****!!!

He was always such a fun person to be around. One of the most likeable guys I've known.

RIP n00b:cry:

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
****. I get back on the forum for one minute and I find out about this stuff. Never met NES in person, only through the web, but I could tell he was a nice guy and did not deserve this one bit, can't believe his mom has to go through this either. RIP N00b. :( I'm hoping to play your gdlk Falcon in the clouds above, if God wills it so, that is.
I'm sure N00B is up there looking down smiling from the responses of his untimely death. He is up there with family and friends and most importantly the lord. And I guarantee you when our times come he will be ready for at least one more round of smash. And although he won't be competing, we all know he will be at Pound 4 with us in our hearts and in spirit.

RIP

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
I dont reading the comments, hes dead. Hes proly learning all of the best secrets ever like the location of the klit-or-us

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I had no Idea. I have his vids in my playlists I just saw his Combo the other day.....wow. I wonder if he's playing friendlies in the next world. I hope he's having a good time.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I only met NES n00b at Genesis but he was one of the coolest smashers I met there.

R.I.P. NES n00b.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Nevar forget.
Just an FYI, I was toying around with designs for the [p2w] shirts to rep Ryan, and nevar forget is in one of the designs. Hearkening back to the raids. God, it's all coming back.

AND YEAHDUDE YOURE BACK I PLAYED STRIKERS THE OTHER DAY AND THOUGHT OF YOU!!!!

Top Bottom