• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In Defense of Psychic Children

Irsic

Smash Ace
I'm...not going to lie. I didn't look forward to Lucas at all. I actually looked forward to playing Pit, whom I do not play whatsoever now. I don't even remember how I picked up Lucas. I thought he looked like a stupid add because I had not heard of Mother 3 when Lucas had been announced.

Easily became my favorite character though. I did used to play Ness in the previous games but, when I bought Brawl and tried him he felt terribly awkward to me and I shortly gave up on him.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Before the game came out I looked towards sonic... then I mained wolf, then ike, and now, here I am =).

But really, don't underestimate the power pf surprise. At the last tourny I went to ( some time ago, I hadnt even perfected the retreating pkf yet lol) I fought a G&W the first round, and I did pretty decently.

Irsic

Smash Ace
You shouldn't have used Lucas, lol. G&W is the #1 character where I just give up and play someone else.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
The moment I saw Lucas play in Brawl I knew he would be my main based on his movement. I like his fast fall speed mixed with his aerial control.

I do better with Lucas than I do with Metaknight or Snake. I only break them out as secondaries when I come up against a Game and Watch or Marth player that's giving me more trouble than it's worth. Pretty rare. The one tournament I've been to I stuck with Lucas the whole way.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I'm pretty good with Diddy....he's pretty close to top tier. If I get scared of losing I can rely on that. :\

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Ever since Lucas was announced on the Dojo I wanted to main him. Every tournament I've gone to I've placed well with Lucas only (cept one) and the ones I didn't play Lucas in I placed near the bottom. I only break out DDD for Marth and Wario for GAW and DK.

Bleh.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to second Marth now (lol my previous second was G&W), but then theres still the whole MK and Marth ditto thing...

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Lucas is fun. ^_^ His Ftilt can lead to some fun mixup/tech chasing. ^_^
I didn't even know he could techchase since he's slow but the range on his ftilt and dash attack are too good

:052:

don't take that slow thing too harshly. He's slow TO ME a Sonic

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Why would you think otherwise themrskills? Practice makes perfect and of course you're going to be better with the character you practice the most with. Although there are some exceptions, but seriously, there are ALWAYS rare exceptions.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to main Meta-knight since I first saw the trailer, then D3 when he was announced, and Lucas, ROB, TLink, and back to Lucas. I suck as Metaknight (I'm the one getting 3stocked), OK with D3, and because I main Lucas and I play him differently, I now suck as ROB + TLink.

Top Bottom