• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
lmao BigD

Also, this is admirable,
De Peepee said:

Hype is, after all, one of the biggest parts of the game and what keeps us all coming back to tourneys. I couldn't ask anyone to stop cheering even if it might mean I'd play better haha.

Basically, I just need to get better overall. No johns.
inb4 another person asks for results thread without reading previous posts

unknown522

Some guy
Thats why you do doubles first cause if people get DQed from a side event oh well. And I understand that **** happens. But when TOs do nothing to acknowledge the issue, try to fix the problems for the next time, or even apologize that is where the issue is.
The only way I would apologize is if:

1. It were my fault somehow
2. Maybe if the guy didn't post in such a disrespectful and ungrateful manner

Edit: reading into more posts, it looks like the complaints are mostly for brawl, and Bam. Ah well, I had nothing to do with brawl but,

I should've probably DQed Bam. I didn't know that he was holding up other matches, or that he left aside from one time which was legit. I was waiting for him so that I could play my winners set with him, but he only had parking up until 3:30 so he had to move his car. I didn't know about the other 2 times until one of the other T.Os told me near the end of the tourney when he was out of the bracket anyway.

Also melee finished like an hour late, due to starting 2 hours late. I think we did well. Can't say the same for brawl.

Also, thanks to all those who are being supportive about the tourney. It means a lot

:phone:

Windrose

Smash Lord
That's what happens when you get more people on your side for one reason or another. They just try to bring you down. I have many people cheering against me because I'm not an especially vibrant personality and I don't wow anyone with my play usually AND I'm not from a big area that constantly hypes me up or travels with me often. These things combined means I must understand the crowd will be against me often, and if I am not prepared to handle it then I deserve to lose. The odds may be against me, but I can at least be prepared better for them so that they matter much less.

Hype is, after all, one of the biggest parts of the game and what keeps us all coming back to tourneys. I couldn't ask anyone to stop cheering even if it might mean I'd play better haha.

Basically, I just need to get better overall. No johns.

I think everything was mentioned except how late we started but even then I'm not sure if it was or not.

I've agreed with most criticisms I've read and I figure you guys will do much better next time. =)
I TRIED to start the stack it up chant at least a dozen times. NO ONE wanted to follow up on it. This was the only tournament I've attended with dr.pp in it and not once did anyone want to participate in the stacking of "it" in the upwards direction.

Canadians have something against stacking things up probably because they all live in god damn igloos.

Also, whatsup with your Monopoly looking money? Parker Brothers Canada.

kd-

Smash Lord
I TRIED to start the stack it up chant at least a dozen times. NO ONE wanted to follow up on it. This was the only tournament I've attended with dr.pp in it and not once did anyone want to participate in the stacking of "it" in the upwards direction.
This is actually pretty sad :[

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
The Pound 4 M2K chant was defeaning. Probably the best chant I've heard at a Melee tourney.

And shut up Kevin you get a stack it up chant at almost every tourney lol. You're a fan favorite, lets be honest. Plus, you usually have Yay, and thats worth like 20 people

Though Mango somehow gets all the *****es. Don't know how he does it. Even in Canada.

Drake12

Smash Ace
Man oh man, I've been reading a good chunk of this and we're just rippin on the poor guy. You're all right in you're complaints but I think he gets the msg :p (wheres that damn results thread)

Croi

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

...Uh, I...I can't really...remember. Like, I, uh...shoutouts to, uhh...I think Firefly was there? It's just been so long since the tourney, and, well, I don't have anything to remind me who did what since I don't know what the results were and stuff.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
and now for a word from our sponsors

:D\-<
:D|-<
:D/-<
:D|-<
:D\-<