• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE - Canada's Brawl & Melee National

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ban Mr. Game and Watch. I don't think I've ever seen anyone use him in Melee.
GaW is my secondary though. If we banned him, omg, I'd have to switch to someone good, like Fox or Falco or Peach or Falcon or something.

Or maybe I'd actually care enough to learn to play Mewtwo.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
It definitely helps that WHOBO isn't this month anymore. I just need to see where I'll be financially.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hey stef important thing to learn for icies.

After jumping hit L/R and hold diagonally towards the ground.

Trust me it does something good.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I know how to wavedash. And I know what it does for icies. :(

:phone:

Bing

Smash Master
I find working on IC grab combos hard to transfer from cpu's to people because regardless of the level of the cpu(for di purposes) It defs doesnt transfer over perfectly...

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
MK banned? Awwww yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh

I'll be there. ZHAO we be teaming this tourney

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
It is early, but Shady, Toadster, KingMiles and I are planning on coming out to this. Never been too Toronto and that needs to change. Michigan is going to roll through and run this ****. Whether it be smash, or the bars ha.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
so who's the best character now that MK is banned?
imo Ice Climbers. In most people's either Falco, Snake, or Diddy. In the Marth mains opinions there character was better than Metaknight anyways.

There's no obvious best character after Metaknight. Though if our stagelist drops too much, it'll definitely be Ice Climbers.

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
MK banned? Awwww yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh

I'll be there. ZHAO we be teaming this tourney

make sure you friendly me :$ Im also a luigi main from the Maritimes not on zhaos level (he 2-0'd me at the only tourney I went to in luigi dittos then 2-0'd my mk Losers bracket grrr)

I would love to get more LUIGI dittos in with other good luigis so i can see where im lacking.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
make sure you friendly me :$ Im also a luigi main from the Maritimes not on zhaos level (he 2-0'd me at the only tourney I went to in luigi dittos then 2-0'd my mk Losers bracket grrr)

I would love to get more LUIGI dittos in with other good luigis so i can see where im lacking.
I have a bad rusty Luigi but I'll totally play you.

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
Aight , sounds good! Currently working on a cost review for going to this tourney / including the boston/toronto games the few days before which is the main reason im even considering going.

idea

Smash Master
lol, as a melee player, i've always hated olimar. i don't really know what it is...but even the first time i tried him in brawl it was like "nope, don't like this at all." i think it's cause you never know where his moves are. he seems like he's all over the place, with the pikmin constantly following him around and stuff.

sauc3

Smash Lord
I find working on IC grab combos hard to transfer from cpu's to people because regardless of the level of the cpu(for di purposes) It defs doesnt transfer over perfectly...
if di is a factor in your chain grab you aren't doing it right

Snow Shard

Smash Journeyman
You know I'm just curious, gonna post it here to start some conversations going. Who are the ledgendary teams? Like when it comes to players, there is obviously many that come to mind as legendary greats in a 1 v 1 match, but what two players come to mind when you think of legendary teams that have got their teamwork skillz DOWN to a tight notch?

Personally when I think of teams I immediately hear four moch tornados or grab pummel release into partner's grab pummel release... I'd rather think of two great players.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
I wanted a big summer tourney to go to since Genesis isn't happening. This is it! Hopefully people come with me.

Asa

Smash Hero
You know I'm just curious, gonna post it here to start some conversations going. Who are the ledgendary teams? Like when it comes to players, there is obviously many that come to mind as legendary greats in a 1 v 1 match, but what two players come to mind when you think of legendary teams that have got their teamwork skillz DOWN to a tight notch?

Personally when I think of teams I immediately hear four moch tornados or grab pummel release into partner's grab pummel release... I'd rather think of two great players.
oh god the namesearch bait

m2k anti

m2k ally

kakera/otori

ultimate razer / gnes

havok/tearbear

adhd/whoever he teams with

nickriddle/shaky

esam/mvd

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
tv and blackanese are really good too

and the top 3 with mk banned is probably olimar,ics, diddy..snake is overrated cause of how overpowered he is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom