• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Impa, the Enigmatic Sheikah, Sage of Shadow

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
If we get nothing in the direct, (which is very likely), we may still get Ganondorf in the POTD, or when the game is released.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd say Ganondorf will for sure get announced next month, either next week with the Direct (probably as a POTD, though, not in the Direct itself), or at the release date.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
That weapon looks awesome. I think it looks visually superior to the giant blade, but I suppose I will have to wait to see how they play.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Naginata is much more fitting, plus when the blades come out of the ground... that would be an awesome final smash ;)

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Oh ****...Hyrule Warriors Impa would make an awesome Zelda newcomer, and we'd get two ninja newcomers! I don't see why not, she's the only recurring character left who's not extremely annoying and deserves to burn while suffering (Tingle) and she's relevant to the Zelda lore, plus with her enormous Katana-thingie, she'd have an awesome, non-clone moveset.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I really like the move where she jumps from each naginata blade @0:29. It really shows off the ninja-like qualities.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Oh ****...Hyrule Warriors Impa would make an awesome Zelda newcomer, and we'd get two ninja newcomers! I don't see why not, she's the only recurring character left who's not extremely annoying and deserves to burn while suffering (Tingle) and she's relevant to the Zelda lore, plus with her enormous Katana-thingie, she'd have an awesome, non-clone moveset.
HW Impa doesn't seem very ninja-like to me. Can't be covert with such large weapons, which is nice considering similarities to Sheik were my biggest worry. I would honestly rather HW Sheik playable in Smash; more connection to lore.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
I support this idea: I think Impa would be fantastic, especially if they worked things like her sword and sear from hyrule warriors in. but I also think that in this game she is more likely to be an alt for sheik (if she appears i'de give it a 60% chance she's an alt of sheik, a 20% she's an assist and a 20% chance she's her own character). I also see Impa as a must for SSB5 if she isn't in SSB4.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
If we get a Zelda newcomer (which I'm not confident about but could very well happen), I really do hope it's Impa. Who else would it be anyway? Ghirahim? No way, he'd be a terrible choice, and I really doubt that would happen.

And I don't understand why everyone assumes Impa would just be a clone of Sheik. Hyrule Warriors alone shows how that clearly doesn't need to be the case. I can see Impa being a heavy bruiser more in the vein of Ike than Sheik, and if Sakurai was able to get Greninja, he surely would have known at least some details about Hyrule Warriors when deciding the roster.

Perhaps we'll be lucky and get a treat at the end of the Hyrule Warriors direct.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If we get a Zelda newcomer (which I'm not confident about but could very well happen), I really do hope it's Impa. Who else would it be anyway? Ghirahim? No way, he'd be a terrible choice, and I really doubt that would happen.

And I don't understand why everyone assumes Impa would just be a clone of Sheik. Hyrule Warriors alone shows how that clearly doesn't need to be the case. I can see Impa being a heavy bruiser more in the vein of Ike than Sheik, and if Sakurai was able to get Greninja, he surely would have known at least some details about Hyrule Warriors when deciding the roster.

Perhaps we'll be lucky and get a treat at the end of the Hyrule Warriors direct.
I'd rather not Impa be a heavy bruiser, but there's plenty of things she can do different from Sheik, that's for sure.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet

Outside of Impa the only significant Zelda characters remaining are Tingle (already a trophy) and possibly Toon Zelda. Impa is by far the best choice, but I think at this point in time our best hope is that she is a clone of Shiek. It seems unlikely that she will have an independent move set, and I would rather have clone/costume Impa than no Impa at all.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Outside of Impa the only significant Zelda characters remaining are Tingle (already a trophy) and possibly Toon Zelda. Impa is by far the best choice, but I think at this point in time our best hope is that she is a clone of Shiek. It seems unlikely that she will have an independent move set, and I would rather have clone/costume Impa than no Impa at all.
I would honestly add Tetra (no, not just because I like her :troll:). Despite appearing in only one timeline, I don't think there's a lot of Zelda character who can boast having a full japanese voice acting, and she is the same in every game.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
I would honestly add Tetra (no, not just because I like her :troll:). Despite appearing in only one timeline, I don't think there's a lot of Zelda character who can boast having a full japanese voice acting, and she is the same in every game.
I had forgotten about Tetra. She would work and she would require a completely original move set. However, coming off of Skyward Sword (combined with the idea that the guess the trophy section in the smash direct hints at newcomers) Impa seems to be in a better position for inclusion.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I had forgotten about Tetra. She would work and she would require a completely original move set. However, coming off of Skyward Sword (combined with the idea that the guess the trophy section in the smash direct hints at newcomers) Impa seems to be in a better position for inclusion.
I don't believe in the Trophy Quizz theory... Or I believe it, but partially.

We had "Tiki from the Fire Emblem Serie", "Fi from Zelda Skyward Sword", "Palutena from Kid Icarus Uprising" and "Kiing Kihunter from the Metroid Serie".

While it make sense for Tiki to be from the FE serie, habing multiple appearances and for Fi to be "From Skyward Sword", being only in that game, it doesn't make sense for the King Kihunter to be from the "Metroid Serie", as it appear only in Other M.

But if does make sense for King Ki Hunter to be from the Metroid serie if it hints Ridley himself, does it make sense for Tiki to be from the FE serie to hint two Awakening Characters (something we didn't expect, by the way)?

To me, they may hint newcommer, but I doubt they hint special characters (except Pseudo Palutena, it was some obvious trolling).

I'm not denying a Skyward Sword character, by the way, but I don't see Fi hinting a SS character, and only SS. Just a Zelda character to me.

... I'm probably looking too much into this by the way :awesome:

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
I'm not denying a Skyward Sword character, by the way, but I don't see Fi hinting a SS character, and only SS. Just a Zelda character to me.

... I'm probably looking too much into this by the way :awesome:
No I totally agree with you. I think it just means a new Zelda character should be expected. It just seems that Impa has been receiving a lot of attention recently, not that that really means much but it makes me hopeful (and I would be very happy with a completely unique Tetra, just a bit happier with Impa).

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I support! But, only if Hyrule Warriors Appearence. :p

I could see Sheik semi-clone happening. But all aerials/tilts/smashes can use the sword. And neutral b can be a huge swing of the sword

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
So many rumors about Impa being on the roster right now.

BillE

Smash Cadet
I have never played much of the Legend Of Zelda series in general, but I did happen to watch the direct last night and after seeing Impa in it, I really think she would be an awesome addition to the roster. Also she looks to be the only Zelda newcomer that would make sense. If there's a Zelda newcomer my money's on Impa

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I came to ask to be added to the support list, but apparently there isn't one. lol. Anyways, besides Ghirahim, she is the Zelda character I would like to be playable the most and I think she is a bit more likely to be playable, for being a recurring character in the series.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I'm kinda upset that the Impa thread isn't as active as it should be! Anyway, only a few more weeks at most until we find out Impa's role in the game. :estatic:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm kinda upset that the Impa thread isn't as active as it should be! Anyway, only a few more weeks at most until we find out Impa's role in the game. :estatic:
Unfortunately I don't think she's in, and if she is, I think she's a clone of Sheik. I'd absolutely love Impa with a Naginata, though. But I don't expect a Zelda newcomer at all.

Reila

I do think there is a Zelda newcomer and said newcomer is either Impa or Ghirahim. If it is Impa, I don't think she will be a Sheik clone either.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
I do think there is a Zelda newcomer and said newcomer is either Impa or Ghirahim. If it is Impa, I don't think she will be a Sheik clone either.
Impa is the more likely one though. Ghirahim suffers from the same problems that Midna did before Brawl, mostly that he appears in only one game and is not important to future plot lines, plus we already have a ton of sword users. I hope Impa is not a clone, but I would rather have clone impa than no impa. Also, I don't think Sakurai would give a clone character their own reveal trailer, Lucina appeared in Robin's afterall.

Reila

Impa is the more likely one though. Ghirahim suffers from the same problems that Midna did before Brawl, mostly that he appears in only one game and is not important to future plot lines, plus we already have a ton of sword users. I hope Impa is not a clone, but I would rather have clone impa than no impa. Also, I don't think Sakurai would give a clone character their own reveal trailer, Lucina appeared in Robin's afterall.
He does suffer from a few problems, yes, but the sword one isn't one. He could also appear in future games, like Zelda U (even though they confirmed a new villain for the game, he can still appear somehow), like Vaati appeared in more than one game. Either way, I agree that Impa is more likely than Ghirahim. The only way I can see Impa being a clone is if there are two Zelda newcomers and not only one.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
He does suffer from a few problems, yes, but the sword one isn't one. He could also appear in future games, like Zelda U (even though they confirmed a new villain for the game, he can still appear somehow), like Vaati appeared in more than one game. Either way, I agree that Impa is more likely than Ghirahim. The only way I can see Impa being a clone is if there are two Zelda newcomers and not only one.
The sword issue is really just a general complaint I have (I want more magic users, like Robin or Zelda, or at least some other weapon diversity) as such I agree it is not a valid problem. And I agree with your clone argument, if we adhere to the idea that the trophies hint at new comers than Impa will likely be unique, because as I mentioned before newcomer trailers are likely made predominantly for unique characters. Two Zelda newcomers seems highly unlikely though, so a unique Impa it is.

Reila

The sword issue is really just a general complaint I have (I want more magic users, like Robin or Zelda, or at least some other weapon diversity) as such I agree it is not a valid problem. And I agree with your clone argument, if we adhere to the idea that the trophies hint at new comers than Impa will likely be unique, because as I mentioned before newcomer trailers are likely made predominantly for unique characters. Two Zelda newcomers seems highly unlikely though, so a unique Impa it is.
Yeah, I am with you here. I like and plan to play some sword users in Smash, but I would like more magic/projectile users in Smash. I am really glad Robin and Palutena are newcomers. I also dread the idea of Ganondorf using a sword in Smash 4, I would much rather have him use a trident. Anyways, Ghirahim would like use projectiles, as he does in his boss fights in Skyward Sword.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I am with you here. I like and plan to play some sword users in Smash, but I would like more magic/projectile users in Smash. I am really glad Robin and Palutena are newcomers. I also dread the idea of Ganondorf using a sword in Smash 4, I would much rather have him use a trident. Anyways, Ghirahim would like use projectiles, as he does in his boss fights in Skyward Sword.
A trident wielding Ganondorf would be awesome. And I actually have not played Skyward Sword (my love of Impa stems from her Orcarina appearance) but I have watched a couple cut scenes to get an idea of what her moveset could be like based on that game, such as the blue bomb she drops (which I think could function like Snake's grenade).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Might probably be the Impa stigma these boards seem to be suffering from. I don't see why some certain people still are in denial of how great Impa's chances are. To me, she has always been the obvious choice for a Zelda newcomer.

I do hope to see an unique Impa of course. But wouldn't be upset by her becoming a Sheik clone or semi-clone. Hyrule Warriors gives her a lot to work with though. But after seeing her fight with that halberd-like weapon, am not sure if she's gonna use that gaint blade any more.

D

Deleted member

I support Impa! She could use some moves from Sheik, some from Hyrule Warriors, and other unique moves. Impa also had a song relating to her in the Smash Direct. Hopefully a second Sheikah can join the battle. :seuss:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A song related to her in the Direct?! Really? I never noticed this.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
A song related to her in the Direct?! Really? I never noticed this.
Most people have used the 'trophy theory' to connect Fi to Ghirahim. However when Fi is shown Ballad of the Goddess plays. While you would think it has no connection to Impa, it is actually Impa who teaches the song to Link.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wow that's something I never noticed. This definitely works in the favor of Impa! Robin's theme also got played in the Direct IIRC before he was announced.

Also, I don't get why Zelda wouldn't get a newcomer. Or that it's viewed as unlikely that we'll be getting one. Nintendo is still putting a lot of effort into the series. And Zelda hasn't had a propper newcomer in Brawl, Toon Link actually being nothing more than a more floathy, slightly Luigi-fied Young Link. Mario and Pokémon have had their newcomers already- so why would they skip Zelda? I think that DKC and Zelda are the most likely series to get at least one newcomer.

Paper Mario is still a strong possibility for Mario to. Mewtwo is a very strong possibility for Pokémon (even if he counts 'half' as a Melee veteran). So why would DKC and Zelda only get one newcomer? I see it as likely they'll get two. DKC getting Dixie and K.Rool, Zelda Impa and Ghirahim.

Speaking of Ghirahim, how much competition do you guys think he's gonna be?

Last edited:

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
Speaking of Ghirahim, how much competition do you guys think he's gonna be?
I don't think he really is competition at all. I say this because for me he falls in the same category as Midna. He is an interesting and unique character but is relevant to only one LoZ game and is highly unlikely to appear in any others. If Midna could not make it into Brawl I do not see Ghirahim making it into Smash 4. This is not to say he would not be a fun and interesting character, simply that his relevancy and importance will only fade over time. For me Impa's main competition is Toon Zelda and Tetra, leaning more towards Tetra as Toon Zelda would be a clone and could be tacked on with Impa/Tetra easily.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Man the tide sure has turned wtih hyrule warriors, there were so many impa haters at one point. Im glad to see that people are finally coming around to the thought of impa in the game and her as a viable zelda character. It makes me happy

Last edited:
Top Bottom