• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'm in top form today!" - Robin Image Gallery (Updated 07/21/14)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
@ Neo Zero Neo Zero @ Reila Reila
Just so you know, the Robin post background will be staying as is. I very much appreciate your hard work, though, Neo Zero. :D
Can you explain to us why having two different Robin backgrounds isn't possible? Thanks for trying, though!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Can you explain to us why having two different Robin backgrounds isn't possible? Thanks for trying, though!
Well, it's not so much you select a background, but rather you select your Smash 4 Main on your profile. Your Smash 4 Main is reflected behind your posts instead of beneath you avatar. Basically, you either main Robin, or you don't.

Also, there are no male WFT renders. :(

Reila

Well, it's not so much you select a background, but rather you select your Smash 4 Main on your profile. Your Smash 4 Main is reflected behind your posts instead of beneath you avatar. Basically, you either main Robin, or you don't.

Also, there are no male WFT renders. :(
That makes a lot of sense. Oh well, it is not like I hate male Robin, so I can deal with him being in the background as well. Thanks again!

(There are no female Villager renders either :c)

Hong

The Strongest
^~^ I know, right? Not playing the male of either, myself. With Robin in particular, I love her hair.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I know its not really the place @ Hong Hong but why is the Smash 4 main premium only? Admittedly on my Persona 4 Arena site we had it as a premium perk since people love pretty BGs and all, but we also had the balls (the char icon) enabled as well so people without premium could use it (we even covered all available colors but that's beside the point).

Is it not possible instead to make Sm4sh main an icon like all the others, and perhaps make the premium perk cosmetic, allowing a choice of a specific render from not just Sm4sh but at least Brawl and P:M (and if possible, 64 and Melee, but I realize that would be an insane amount of options).

No problem at any rate, glad ya liked em

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Probably not the question to ask Hong ;)

But it's because there are no official character icons for smash 4 yet. To boot the game isn't out yet so having smash 4 mains as a general setting is a bit superfluous~

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
So because I REFUSE to not be familiar with each and every Super Smash Bros Character, I went out and bought Fire Emblem: Awakening on Monday when Sakurai announced Robin & Lucina. (I played like two stages in Radiant Dawn when they announced Ike for Brawl YEARS ago, but thought it was lame and I've never played a Fire Emblem game other than that.)

I must not have given it a fair chance because I've played through 6 or 7 chapters now in Awakening and it's SO MUCH FUN!! I never would have thought I'd like a game with this style gameplay, but I have got to say I'm impressed with it. It feels like a more complicated version of chess with great graphics, higher stakes, and a cool & cute storyline tying it all together.

ONE QUESTION: Why don't they have feet? Every character looks like they're running around on peg-legs.

Can't wait to try Robin in Smash! I already like his character, and I'm looking forward to meeting Lucina later in the game. :)

Hong

The Strongest
For me, just the actual gameplay aspects. Music was great, and it didn't look too bad. Also the Tellius saga had a wonderful story.
ONE QUESTION: Why don't they have feet? Every character looks like they're running around on peg-legs.
The social or general Robin threads would have been better, but I'll help ya out. :D

When the developer originally started work on Awakening, they didn't know how much power the 3DS would have. Things like joints and advanced collision can be CPU intensive, so they tried to simplify aspects of the character models to cut resource costs.

The article @ Reila Reila posted will cover it better.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest

BEHOLD, YOUNG HERO OF WINDS

Edit - For the record, this is straight from Nintendo of Europe's Twitter.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Wow. Thanks for sharing those, @ Reila Reila . I really appreciate it. ^~^

My, my. Now I can see why Robin can have an S support with anybody. :love:

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Thanks for sharing!
I wonder if Kirby can break his Thunder Tome, too. Or does he just loose the power when he overuses it...?

I just noticed that the faces look a lot less weird in the 3DS version. I wonder why that is.

Reila

Thanks for sharing!
I wonder if Kirby can break his Thunder Tome, too. Or does he just loose the power when he overuses it...?

I just noticed that the faces look a lot less weird in the 3DS version. I wonder why that is.
Lower resolution, etc. The better the graphics of a game are, the more uncanny human characters look

Unless it is a game which focus a lot on characters' faces, but that is not the case for Smash.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Yeah I figured it might be an uncanny valley thing, but I wonder if that's the the only reason...
Oh well, maybe they'll do something to fix it till WiiU release.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I bring a bunch of new 3DS Robin pictures:

@ AustarusIV AustarusIV will like the last one.

Edit: Wii U shots now:

More: http://minus.com/mbeVe1RrIxpQcA
...:laugh:

I think Sakurai is really an advocate for interspecies romance. How did we not realize this before?

And Robin's hair (especially the female version!), is beautiful, as always. Female!Robin has the best hair in the game, no question.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Have you guys noticed how it seems like every character gets a shot of them imitating the Wii Fit Trainer? Must be doing an exercise routine. >_>

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Thanks for sharing!

Probably because that version is closer to release.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
That is why one shouldn't trust wikis.
I'm pretty sure the wiki's assumption is wrong, given the angle of Robin to the angle of the clouds. The BG looks slanted, yet Robin is more looking right at us

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That is why one shouldn't trust wikis.
Well, Smashwiki sure can be trust but the smash bros wikia I don't know, I had both of these account so I guess I'll go change it sometime
Well, it is a fan source that could have made the same mistake we assume you made. Or frozen screen KOs are now a thing.
Didn't frozen screen kos happen before?

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Both the male and female versions of Robin look adorable. But for some reason, I think they look better in the 3DS game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The 3DS version hits the streets in 38 days. The models in that version are going to be more up-to-snuff than their Wii U counterpart at this moment.

Reila

Some of the newcomers have weird faces in the Wii U version (Lucina, Robin, Palutena), but it is probably because their models weren't 100% finished at the time the videos were recorded. Look at Zelda, for example, her face looks fine in the Wii U version.

Hong

The Strongest
It could be that the 3DS and Wii U facial expressions may be handled differently, explaining why they may look strange when they express themselves. I posted about it on the Lucina forums.
I think it's because the way the 3DS will be handling facial expressions is a replacement of simplified graphical assets. The 3DS is starved for CPU, and the demo build suffered frequent frame dropping. Meanwhile, on the Wii U, they can have facial expressions that will distort the facial characteristics and have calculations such as asset tracking, environmental response, etc. What I'm getting at is there is plenty of reason why it can be looking fine and ready to go on the 3DS, but they have left the Wii U graphics for a later time.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I can't help but notice that both genders of Robin have the same build. It's noticeable for me, because F!Robin is slender-built and M!Robin is broad-chested in their official renders.

However, this issue only seems apparent to me in the Wii U version; they look somewhat different in their builds on the 3DS version. It's still hard for me to tell, though.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
I can't help but notice that both genders of Robin have the same build. It's noticeable for me, because F!Robin is slender-built and M!Robin is broad-chested in their official renders.

However, this issue only seems apparent to me in the Wii U version; they look somewhat different in their builds on the 3DS version. It's still hard for me to tell, though.
If they had different builds they would need to be seperate characters or would it create uncertainties concerning hitboxes.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
They don't look any different to me. Er, their builds don't anyway. I think that any perceived differences are just due to seeing them in different angles/poses. Though I can't say for sure until we see them side by side in one pic doing the same pose.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
They don't look any different to me. Er, their builds don't anyway. I think that any perceived differences are just due to seeing them in different angles/poses. Though I can't say for sure until we see them side by side in one pic doing the same pose.
I explained the reason for that literally a post above you. Them having a noticable different build would lead to wacky hitboxes and all sorts of nonsense.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I explained the reason for that literally a post above you. Them having a noticable different build would lead to wacky hitboxes and all sorts of nonsense.
What about the difference in builds between the two Wii Fit Trainers? They have noticeably different builds, yet still have the same hitbox regardless. Why would this be an issue for Robin?

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
What about the difference in builds between the two Wii Fit Trainers? They have noticeably different builds, yet still have the same hitbox regardless. Why would this be an issue for Robin?
Their builds aren't really more different than the Robin's, just the cloak makes it less visible.

Top Bottom