• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I just wanna know if his jab, and victory quotes are unchanged, and if quickdraw is buffed.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
We need a PotD for Ike! We don't have a lot of info regarding Ike and his play style.
All we know he has these attacks

and that.
Now that Chrom is all but confirmed, I'm convinced the biggest dump of Ike info will be around Chrom's reveal, assuming it's before release date. Kinda like how we got a lot of Charizard info when Greninja came out.

If Sakurai keeps the rest of the characters secret until release day, though, hopefully we'll get random gameplay video featuring Ike in some FFAs, or something. Like during a Nintendo Direct, or what have you.

Maybe the Japanese expo coming in July will have Ike playable? Not likely, but it could happen.

Last edited:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Now that Chrom is all but confirmed, I'm convinced the biggest dump of Ike info will be around Chrom's reveal, assuming it's before release date. Kinda like how we got a lot of Charizard info when Greninja came out.

If Sakurai keeps the rest of the characters secret until release day, though, hopefully we'll get random gameplay video featuring Ike in some FFAs, or something. Like during a Nintendo Direct, or what have you.

Maybe the Japanese expo coming in July will have Ike playable? Not likely, but it could happen.
True.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Cool. Not entirely sure if Ike's jab is going to be the same, but it'll be funny if the combat walk returned.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Difference is that Charizard was confirmed alongside Greninja, Ike is already confirmed and will have been so for at least a couple of months before Chrom's reveal.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Difference is that Charizard was confirmed alongside Greninja, Ike is already confirmed and will have been so for at least a couple of months before Chrom's reveal.
And yet, we have nothing on Ike, so I don't see a problem with my theory. It's just one of many possibilities.

D

Deleted member 212841

The bright side to not seeing anything is that it probably means Sakurai has nothing to show. In other words, Ike's still in the shop where he may be receiving the much desired buffs.

You know, silver lining and all that.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Anything's possible. It's hard to say what exactly they're working on at any given time. I imagine most resources are focused on the 3DS version right now, though.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Anything's possible. It's hard to say what exactly they're working on at any given time. I imagine most resources are focused on the 3DS version right now, though.
Sounds about right. If the game ships mid September in Japan, I would say between production, syndication and shipment, they have up until early August to work on the game.

I honestly find it immensely unnerving. Maybe it's just because as a game developer, I can emphasize with the idea that no game ever truly feels ready. I am so worried about it being the next Brawl, but Namco Bandai are some amazing people and I am sure they can deliver.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Sounds about right. If the game ships mid September in Japan, I would say between production, syndication and shipment, they have up until early August to work on the game.

I honestly find it immensely unnerving. Maybe it's just because as a game developer, I can emphasize with the idea that no game ever truly feels ready. I am so worried about it being the next Brawl, but Namco Bandai are some amazing people and I am sure they can deliver.
I'm a bit apprehensive myself, especially after seeing just how ambitious this project really might be at E3. With Brawl, regardless of how you feel about the game physics, I'm pretty sure we were all amazed at all of the content they packed in! I know I thought they were ambitious back then, but this... Smash 4 looks to be the most ambitious thing Nintendo has ever done.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ike was pretty fun to use in Brawl, so I hope that stays the same in SSB4. Not that I have any doubts about that being the case. I do like his new design, based his second game's design. He looks really badass.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Considering the tweaks mechanics, more aether might be a good thing. I have a feeling that Ike's aerials may actually be nerfed a bit, though, since he would be able to throw them out with impunity with the current air dodge mechanics.

Hong

The Strongest
Ragnell is a 1-2 range weapon, as well being indestructible, giving +5 Defense and having absurdly high might.
I saw some guy throw Ragnell in Awakening... is this how the ranged attack works?:ike:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
At least his outfit can be a good alt costume for Ike, and is close enough to his DLC appearance while looking good.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'm pretty sure the reason the Ragnell is being thrown like that is because they didn't bother to do a unique animation to a filler weapon, so they just went and gave it the strength sword animation which a Sword throw, does that mean it's being used like that ? no it just mean they just didn't bother, they didn't even bother to animate Aether probably.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
For all the great music Ike's games had, if they bring back Crimean Army Sortie I am going to be PISSED. At least we know we already have The Devoted, one of Radiant Dawn's most awesome battle tracks.

I'm pretty sure the reason the Ragnell is being thrown like that is because they didn't bother to do a unique animation to a filler weapon, so they just went and gave it the strength sword animation which a Sword throw, does that mean it's being used like that ? no it just mean they just didn't bother, they didn't even bother to animate Aether probably.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
ike is god
IKR!

I loved Ike in Brawl I hope all hs attack are the same especially his aerial attacks! The only thing I rarely use is his special. B/1 It wasn't great but it was great if someone was trying to grab on a ledge. I hope his Smashes get buffed then he would be tooo strong! But I loved everything about Ike in Brawl. That's all I got to say.

Oh yeah I hope you guys had a great 4th of july! A tree got caught in fire in my neighborhood. Lol xD cya my fellow Ike mainers!

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
I made a thread on GameFAQs recently concerning Ike's new appearance and his potential moveset changes. It was basically asking the users whether or not they intend to main him as well as how they think he would perform in this new iteration. One of the things I wrote down...

"Do you know what would be very upsetting? Seeing how muscular he now looks, he somehow ends up being worse than his SSBB counterpart. His newly buffed appearance would then be merely an aesthetic thing without better properties to complement it. I really hope that's not the case."

*knocks on wood* Anyway, from how considerably buffed the heavyweights Bowser and DK have become, there may be possibility that Ike may or will undergo some buffing as well. Still, it is not known how far the development team has gotten with Ike.

^-^

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Anyway, from how considerably buffed the heavyweights Bowser and DK have become, there may be possibility that Ike may or will undergo some buffing as well. Still, it is not known how far the development team has gotten with Ike.

^-^
Ike is about to become the best character in the FGC's history. No troll faces/pictures are necessary. The devs created a monster just for us, but things must remain clandestine until release.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
"Do you know what would be very upsetting? Seeing how muscular he now looks, he somehow ends up being worse than his SSBB counterpart. His newly buffed appearance would then be merely an aesthetic thing without better properties to complement it. I really hope that's not the case."
That... would be very painful. If they make Ike worse... I'm not sure I'd want to play him as much. Different is fine, but out-and-out worse is... man, I just keep getting flashbacks to Brawl Captain Falcon. I can't stand Falcon in Brawl because of how badly they nerfed him.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I don't see how Ike could possibly get worse...

Oh wait, nerf jab. Then just make him more punishable than he already is to screw with us (i.e. add more lag to his aerials).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom