• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
A descendant of Mist still holds Ike as an ancestor. The direct lineage of Priam is irrelevant however as he is clearly a fraud. Yes Ike did throw his sword, but to take advantage of the laws of physics to increase his own acceleration so he may strike with greater force(Ike is of course aware of physics, despite the lack of education in Tellius, due to his infinite wisdom). Priam uses his blade as a projectile. That is the action of an idiot and a fraud. What would you sooner believe, that some puny god could make a magic sword that shoots fire, or that Ike, in all his manly girth, can simply will flames in to existence?
Dude, in what universe is Mist's son counted as Ike's son? Mist's son would be the son of his father, not his uncle Ike. Are you still being entirely facetious, or are you from some kind of weird country, or what? The ONLY way Ike's son could be Mist's son is if Mist adopted Priam, and that still means that Ike fathered him. Unless you are seriously going with the incest angle... at which point, I'm done talking about this. That is straight up ridiculous.

Commander

Smash Ace
Dude, in what universe is Mist's son counted as Ike's son? Mist's son would be the son of his father, not his uncle Ike. Are you still being entirely facetious, or are you from some kind of weird country, or what? The ONLY way Ike's son could be Mist's son is if Mist adopted Priam, and that still means that Ike fathered him. Unless you are seriously going with the incest angle... at which point, I'm done talking about this. That is straight up ridiculous.
Your granduncle is as much of your ancestor as your grandfather is. Ergo as a descendant of Mist, Priam would be a descendant of Ike. Definitions of ancestors is irrelevant however, because Priam is the anti-Ike who exists to lead true believers astray. When Ike returns he shall strike him down with the least sympathetic aether the world as ever seen and humanity will be at peace.

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Dude this guy is insane, just get along with him, he is funny... xD

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The scariest part about Priam is how he adopts a "Survival of the Fittest" attitude when talking to the Avatar - an attitude that was also adopted by Ashnard of all people.

I guess the lessons grandpappy Ike learned weren't passed on to new blood.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
A fraud is a fraud no matter how you look at it. I am now of the belief that Priam must be the anti-Ike, who was sent to lead the true followers of Ike astray. When Ike returns those who have doubted him, and those who have chosen to follow the anti-Ike shall receive no sympathy, while those who stayed true and faithful to Ike shall join him as the friends for whom he fights. The end of the outrealms is coming my friends. Have you accepted Ike into your hearts?
Is it too late for one to accept Ike into their hearts?

Commander

Smash Ace
The scariest part about Priam is how he adopts a "Survival of the Fittest" attitude when talking to the Avatar - an attitude that was also adopted by Ashnard of all people.

I guess the lessons grandpappy Ike learned weren't passed on to new blood.
Further evidence of the anti-Ike. It is well known that Ike had killed Ashnard to redeem us of our sins. The fact Priam spouts the ideology of Ashnard shows he is no descendant of Ike.

Is it too late for one to accept Ike into their hearts?
It is never too late to accept Ike into ones heart, for Ike, in his infinite charity, is willing to call anyone his friend but only on the conditions that they recognize only his girth as the girthiest girth to ever girth the earth and to worship no other girth and that they would live as Ike would. When in time of hardship always ask yourself "What would Ike do?" and the answer will come to you. That answer i obvious. Ike would fight for his friends.

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
In addition to Ragnell, should Ike also be able to use an axe for alternative play?

His best Axe and Hand-Axe?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Not unless it's some kind of Final Smash.

'Cause, you know. We've seen the sword already.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Further evidence of the anti-Ike. It is well known that Ike had killed Ashnard to redeem us of our sins. The fact Priam spouts the ideology of Ashnard shows he is no descendant of Ike.

It is never too late to accept Ike into ones heart, for Ike, in his infinite charity, is willing to call anyone his friend but only on the conditions that they recognize only his girth as the girthiest girth to ever girth the earth and to worship no other girth and that they would live as Ike would. When in time of hardship always ask yourself "What would Ike do?" and the answer will come to you. That answer i obvious. Ike would fight for his friends.
What exactly is Ike's…um girth?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I am just getting the hell out of this thread for a while. This is just beyond my sense of humor at this point.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Yeah, whatever going on this thread right now seems to indicate repeated blows to the heads or at least something equivalent to that.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
In that case, let's put thing back on track.

What new specials would you like Ike to have?

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I think you are thinking as an alt costume. And if we are going for that route, he could be Greil (his father) to make it more interesting. Or even Hector.
But thinking the route of "alt costumes shouldn't change the character", then yeah, Ike could carry an axe in his alt costume.

Commander

Smash Ace
No. The only people who ask for weapons that aren't swords are people who do not understand how fighting games are designed. The weapon used is irrelevant when everything is broken down into pure hitboxes and hurt boxes. Dedede is already the axe using character of the game since his hammer has the exact same properties any axe would in game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder when Ike is going to get his face icon thing for the subforum.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
No. The only people who ask for weapons that aren't swords are people who do not understand how fighting games are designed. The weapon used is irrelevant when everything is broken down into pure hitboxes and hurt boxes. Dedede is already the axe using character of the game since his hammer has the exact same properties any axe would in game.
So what? Ike is just the heavy sword character? And it's not like Sakurai could just changes the hit/hurt boxes. Make the axe heavier, but stronger.

I just want an EX Variant of Ike where he uses an Axe, just like his source games. Don't limit him to just one weapon/ability.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Just. Wow.
Stuff went down in this thread.

Just gonnna point out...Emmeryn, Chrom, and Lissa, and the latter two's future children are all descendants of Marth. Marth wasn't said to have kids. So, yeah. They could of come from Elice's side, just as Priam could of come from Mist's side.

Anyways...all I want is for Ike to get more speed. Then I would main him alongside Marth.

XionKai

Smash Cadet
Will they give him his PoR costume?
and fix Ike's movesets in ssbu like for example, lack of recovery in mid air?

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Toon Link had his game revived in Windwaker HD.
Lucario had Pokemon generations 5 & 6 highlighting him and being the mascot/example for mega evolutions.
Ike had... a cameo in a recent Fire Emblem game. Not quite the same.

I think anyone who thought he was going to get the boot honestly was at least trying to be on the more realistic side. If not all characters can return.. who would be first cut?

That said.. Ike was easily one of the best received/well liked characters in Brawl, the best-selling game in the series. Intelligent Systems gave Sakurai the suggestion of Ike in the first place and the special treatment he received in FE: Awakening shows they still think very highly of the character. It was a 50/50 shot but I never doubted Ike coming back.

Last edited:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Just gonnna point out...Emmeryn, Chrom, and Lissa, and the latter two's future children are all descendants of Marth. Marth wasn't said to have kids. So, yeah. They could of come from Elice's side, just as Priam could of come from Mist's side.
After the war, Shiida's long-awaited dream of marrying Marth was realized. Wearing a snow-white dress, she was said to have looked as beautiful as an angel.
Are you saying Marth is sterile?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
@ asia_catdog_blue asia_catdog_blue
The point @ Commander Commander is trying to make is that what you're suggesting is merely an aesthetic change for the sake of change. Imagine for a moment, that Ike wielded an ax instead of Ragnell in Brawl. What animations would you need to change for it to look right? Eruption is the only one in his entire move-set that is purely a sword animation. You say don't limit him to one weapon/ability, but translating an ax to Smash Bros isn't an additional "ability"; it's just an alternative visual cue for hit boxes that Ragnell covers just fine.

And to add to it, even in the games Ike used both swords and ax's the exact same way. I'm not seeing where another ability would come from that.

Ike is more akin to a "Power-Range" type character than "heavy sword" type (which isn't really a type). Were he a bit faster in Brawl, I'd make more comparisons to Sol Badguy of Guilty Gear's play style than anything.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Just going to quote myself from a while ago:

Last bit to chew on, is that thus far, we do not have enough data to give us a "pattern" of how Sakurai and the team will choose Fire Emblem characters. To make it real short,

- Melee
Marth joins due to fan demand
Roy joins as a quick clone add in (it was almost Leif)

- Brawl
Marth returns
Roy is planned, but scrapped for some reason
Ike joins as per Intelligent Systems' suggestion

Does that look like a pattern to you? Because if it does, please point it out to me.
That said, I didn't think he was going anywhere. I also didn't think Toon Link or Lucario were going anywhere.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Perhaps he could throw it for a special move, but if Ike were to get a projectile it should be his Sword Beam.

Simply replacing Ragnell with an Axe doesn't make sense: his Axe has probably less then a half the range of Ragnell. To increase the range of the Axe to match Ragnell's you would have to make it Battle Axe. Which is stupid for two reasons he would wield it one handedly, which is never done with a Battle Axe and because it wouldn't be Urvan (the only axe worth carrying over from the Radiant Saga).

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Not at all. I'm just saying that Chrom, his siblings, and his children, could be from Elice's side, but they would still be descended from Marth.
No, that isn't how it works. The word "descendant" refers to a particular ancestor. Descendant's of Elice would be descendents of Marth's father, not Marth. They would be descendent's of Marth's bloodline, however, just not descendent's of Marth himself.

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
No, that isn't how it works. The word "descendant" refers to a particular ancestor. Descendant's of Elice would be descendents of Marth's father, not Marth. They would be descendent's of Marth's bloodline, however, just not descendent's of Marth himself.
Ah, I see. I'm sorry.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I never doubted he'd be back. He's just too important to the Fire Emblem series as a whole (which was made especially evident in Awakening), and had popularity out the wazoo. That being said, it's nice to be reassured. :laugh:

:4myfriends:

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
I'd say this video sums up this thread and any other "I was wrong" thread, except for like, one line of the song.

Anyway, I expected Ike to be back, but I'm anti-cuts, so I always expect everyone to return. :b:

WE LIKE :4myfriends: WE LIKE :4myfriends: WE LIKE:4myfriends:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
THANK YOU

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
In that case, let's put thing back on track.

What new specials would you like Ike to have?
Blue energy slice for standard special!
Also you guys reminded me that Priam as an alt would be cool

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 212841

I've never really been on this "we're gonna get a bunch of cuts" bandwaggon. PT is a pretty understandable exception but I doubt any of the remaining Brawlers will be cut. (cept Brawl guest Snake) It's not like we are talking about (mostly) filler clones and rushed production like last time around. Brawl + Mewtwo + Newcomers - Snake is pretty much the expectations I've had.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hong

The Strongest
You never know... Maybe Greil went to a bar in Gallia... had a few drinks, and you know. :troll:
So I'm the only one here that really ****ing hates Priam, then?
I'm not sure if "hate" is the word I would use, but I wouldn't have done that if I were them.

Maybe they wanted to throw Tellius fans a bone, and I could understand that, but there are better ways of doing it.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So I'm the only one here that really ****ing hates Priam, then?
It has nothing to do with liking or disliking Priam at all. At least, that was totally and completely missing the point of my discussion of him. The only reason I brought him up was to have a factual basis from which to establish a conclusion on Ike's character. Emotions really had no place in the equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom