• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Labs, Discussions, Office Hours, and TAs make everything different though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
homework not being graded is also a difference. I never had a class that required lengthy (20+ problems) homework every 3 classes.

With calculus, there is homework, but it's never graded. So I just do 3-5 selected problems (i pick ones with vareity) and I know what to do instead of doing all 15+ problems assigned.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
HW not being graded? That's odd. All of my classes grade for completeness and if they are all correct, and even then they're only worth like 5% of grade.

I have problem sets with 15+ problems (each with 4-5 parts) and multiple projects and labs each week (or every other week if projects are long)

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
homework not being graded is also a difference. I never had a class that required lengthy (20+ problems) homework every 3 classes.

With calculus, there is homework, but it's never graded. So I just do 3-5 selected problems (i pick ones with vareity) and I know what to do instead of doing all 15+ problems assigned.
I dub you lucky with only 15+ problems. In my math classes, I normally get 30-60 problems. The teacher had the nerve to give us two 60-problem worksheets with problems that had 4~5 steps in them, and they're graded for accuracy.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Labs, Discussions, Office Hours, and TAs make everything different though.
I dunno about you, but TAs and office hours seem pretty pointless to me. Yes, if you have a question or need help, that's what they're there for, but specific hours of the day to trek to a building just for help with some things doesn't seem too keen in my eyes. Something about that whole system just irks me.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I dunno about you, but TAs and office hours seem pretty pointless to me. Yes, if you have a question or need help, that's what they're there for, but specific hours of the day to trek to a building just for help with some things doesn't seem too keen in my eyes. Something about that whole system just irks me.
That's why college is different. There are also online classes, higher level classes, and classes catered to your interests. I definitely find myself working harder in college than I did in high school. I don't know if you're a freshman taking core classes or at a community college or what, but specialized classes aren't just nothing. 16th and 18th century counterpoint and symphonic literature are things high school doesn't offer.
Also, I always got away with doing no homework in high school. I can't do that in college. Not past the cute little 1000 level courses, at least.

Things are also a little different for me because I perform a closed jury at the end of every semester (I play piano for faculty and get my semester grade based on my performance). That's not participation grades like high school always gave out.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
That's why college is different. There are also online classes, higher level classes, and classes catered to your interests. I definitely find myself working harder in college than I did in high school. I don't know if you're a freshman taking core classes or at a community college or what, but specialized classes aren't just nothing. 16th and 18th century counterpoint and symphonic literature are things high school doesn't offer.
Also, I always got away with doing no homework in high school. I can't do that in college. Not past the cute little 1000 level courses, at least.

Things are also a little different for me because I perform a closed jury at the end of every semester (I play piano for faculty and get my semester grade based on my performance). That's not participation grades like high school always gave out.
Obviously the material's different, I'm just saying the format's almost exactly the same. Even online classes more or less come down to "class"->homework->exam. It's just how our education system's built. Yes, there are perks here and there, but when people tell me "oh, get ready for college/high school/next level in life," it's just....sad how similar it really could be unless you make it your own experience.

And at the lower level courses here, homework sometimes ends up being most of your grade. >_>

On a side note, I finally got to try out MvC3 today. DANTE!!!!! *fangirl squeal* Every time I saw a new move, I just immediately recognized it and did another fangirl squeal <3 <3 <3 <3

Jackpot. *BOOM*

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Oh yeah, +300 to post count! I just got myself 3 extra lives. :DD

Sadly, there aren't very good Ike and Sonic avatars out there; I'm thinking I should edit and post them up on google images for lulz

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Holy crap. That's just sad. Amazing how people can take a video game so seriously. Srs business.

So I tried trollin the Wolf boards, but they were too furry for me. First thing I saw on the Olimar board is a guy with a dress on.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
154 entrants for brawl (Melee is 250ish so as big as MLG)

Well turns out the guy passing out was a troll on twitter, but someone else tweeted about him getting hit, but maybe that could be a troll attempt too lol..

Ayi i wouldn't be surprised if he did get hit by a controller though. I watched BC rage in person after he lost to san.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
lol speaking of rage, I saw a lucario player smacking his head like 3 times after he lost to some player. Its...just weird how people get obsessed over BRAWL; i mean we all know this game isn't balanced and I'm pretty sure sakurai said something of this sort too.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I started playing Ike again a little now that I've gained experience with some other characters, and I'm really satisfied. Spacing comes more naturally and I detect paterns much more easily. I'll get back to him in a few weeks. :>

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
154 entrants for brawl (Melee is 250ish so as big as MLG)

Well turns out the guy passing out was a troll on twitter, but someone else tweeted about him getting hit, but maybe that could be a troll attempt too lol..

Ayi i wouldn't be surprised if he did get hit by a controller though. I watched BC rage in person after he lost to san.
Wha? What happened?

Top Bottom