• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just too lazy to travel without a carpool. I would still play if I had people to play with (kimchi lives too far away) and I had more time to pay $50+ to travel each time, or if Brawl had playable online. + These forums make me feel like not posting whenever I see it.

Made a little iphone game in a class and planning on releasing it for free over the next few weeks, too.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Just too lazy to travel without a carpool. I would still play if I had people to play with (kimchi lives too far away) and I had more time to pay $50+ to travel each time, or if Brawl had playable online. + These forums make me feel like not posting whenever I see it.

Made a little iphone game in a class and planning on releasing it for free over the next few weeks, too.
That's how it has been for me lately coming here. BS posts might be why I keep coming back. Though he's been slacking in good content...

Also, I'd have to travel 4-5 hours for any tournament, and it's just not high enough on my list of priorities to go through that at all regularly. Optimally, I'd like to sleep at my place and travel <1 hour.
Though at least I have people within 20 minutes of me that are down to play. Infinity and Dakpo are nearby and Denti is willing to drive to play here with us-- I played for the first time in like 6 months with them a couple nights ago. Beat Denti for the first time in longer than I can remember.

Keep me updated with your game. I'd love to see it. I was actually talking about you today with my friend TJ (Khaoz) because we saw someone that looked like you.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
We should stage an uprising for the boards becoming better. Overthrow the government!

Though I'm curious as to what you guys actually hate about the newer layout. I still don't post much anywhere, so I don't know what it's like out there. >.>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
-It takes forever to load on a mobile device (like 1/4 to 1/2 of a second longer!)
-Can't see people's avatars on a mobile device
-Half my screen is black on a mobile device
-too many glitches when using a mobile device

:|

I don' go on smashboards on my laptop cause when i be on my lappy, i be on dat league of legends

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty much stranded here without access to tournaments too :/ I still play wifi, but mainly just a ton of random chars, can't really take it seriously.

I've got an Iphone so let me know what your game/app is called San! I'll check it out =)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
the new layout pretty much doesnt work on a mobile device. I can't physically post on it using a mobile. But it's good for an actual computer

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sure thing, Rolex.

I had time to travel before since I was only a freshman/sophomore back then, but after that it became hard with a lot more work. Even back then, I only played a few times every few months. Now, it still might take a while for me to get my bearings and be able to travel once again, even though there's not much near me.

I don't think my technical skill will ever decrease since it's so simple, but my reading definitely takes a hit.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So guys, I was ******* around in training mode a little bit, Just checking out how my controller was doing (had to fix some parts of it) and I found something weird that we can do. Probably more useful for Ike than any other characters too!

Anyway, When you have the A-stick, you can do a retreating Jab. By that, I mean you slide in one direction, and Jab in the other direction at the exact same time. The input is simple, But I'm having a hard time doing it consistently so there's something in the execution that I haven't worked out yet.

Basically, Assuming that we are facing Right, the input is:
Dash left, Then hit Right and A-stick Left at the same time almost instantly after dashing left (if anything, the A-stick needs to go just a fraction after hitting right on the control stick). If you mess it up, you end up getting a Dash attack in either direction. Too early on the Astick and you dash attack left, too late and you dash attack right.
I'm going to try and get a video of it up, But the input is basically identical to doing a Salmon F-smash forward (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1rPg1TOrZQ)

I'm not sure what the use in it might be, It seems like it would be good for spacing with an attack without having to leave the ground. The timing is kinda hard too, but I just thought it was kinda cool. Give it a look, see what you think of it

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So its a retreating jab?

Any way to slide forward?

Edit watching the video. If we slide forward with this jab, thats amazing.

The salmon jab, though this might be tech intensive if input errors are significant

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well no, It required you to hit backwards on the A-stick to get the jab. Approaching jab is impossible to do, at least using this method

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Props for discovering a new technique. We'll call it "fleeing jab". That okay with everyone else?
No, I'm going to be an egotist and name it the G~P Jab! (yeah I'm cool with fleeing jab lol)

I know about that, it looks really cool. It's a bit too hard to implement regularly imo.
It's what I thought too, Still, share discoveries and all that crap

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Unfortunately, it's very old, a variation of those dash cancel videos with Marth a long ways back.

I tried practicing what you described before and got it down fairly consistently, but it wasn't all that helpful. When you move the other way, you don't even need to dash, you can tilt the other way + Astick jab for the same effect.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I see. and here was me thinking I'd found something new. Oh well, It's not like I would have been able to do it consistently anyway lol

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I was thinking more like a cancelled dash dance. MKs used to do it with dsmash a lot.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm playing xenoblade again. Started a new file and wanted to see how it is when you bum rush quests, end up overleveled however JUST enough to deal with special bosses. They are pretty much the highlights of each area for me now

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Owning a dreamcast is a dream I've had since I was a kid, cause it's the first (pretty much only) console my parents considered offering me. I thought really hard about getting one for the occasion, but the deal on this GC was too good. I still intend to get one someday.

Also, Skies of arcadia on the GC apparently has more content than the dreamcast version, so it's still pretty good !

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I pretty much played 3 things on my dreamcast. Sonic adventure and 2.. And the demo CD it came with. Ended up playing dead or alive 3 loool. That was the 2nd time i ever used a female character then too o.o (first bring the girl from streets of rage

Shoutouts to the days of 6-pack on sega genesis

Top Bottom