• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you had to nerf your main.....

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
:4mario:I would nerf Cape's damage to 3%. It's not like the move is used to build up damage anyway.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
:4ganondorf: Nerf the range and power of his jab by giving him his Melee jab back.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
...why would i want my mains to receive nerfs? O__O
As long as they aren't broken, don't fix them.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4jigglypuff: Nerf the Back Air, not to the point where it can't kill though, maybe reduce number of jumps by one? I can't think of many nerfs to Jiggs that won't destroy her meta.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
:4marth:Nerf tipper shieldbreaker's kill power and to buff him make his aerials auto cancel again.
:4falcon:Uh...nerf his foward smash's knockback so it doesn't have more kill power then his Falcon Punch and buff the Falcon Punch's kill power.

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Honestly, the only characters I think deserve to be nerfed are Daddy Kong, maybe Shiek, maybe Rosalina, and maybe Zero Suit Samus. Shiek, Rosalina, and Zero Suit Samus already received a lot of major nerfs to make them better balanced to where I feel Rosalina and Shiek went from being S tier to A tier, so about the only character I would nerf at this point is Diddy Kong. Much of the cast deserves buffs.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
:4yoshi: Nerf OoS and he's back to low tier.
:4drmario: Meh he's already nerfed as is, take out Up B KO and he's done.

Last edited:

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
A lot of people are taking this board the wrong way, sating that their characters do not need to be nerfed. I agree 100% that a majority of the cast does not need to be nerfed, and I am starting to realize there are some characters that can not be nerfed in any way without sucking. The original point of this board was to see what a characters greatest strengths are, and what about them is overlooked. So I am going to edit the topic. You get one nerf, and one buff. However, you cannot grant a buff with out first applying a nerf. Go!

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
:4lucina::4marth:: Counter no longer KO's (it now does fixed knockback and damage), in exchange; all Dancing Blade variations are far less likely to miss opponents. Shield Breaker is weaker in regards to shield damage, trade-off; Sweet-spotted Dolphin Slash does more damage and knockback.

:4ganondorf:: Weight is decreased (easier to KO him) and power is scaled back (harder to KO with him), in exchange; air speed is increased (improves his chances of recovery) along with reduced frames in his Jab, tilts, aerial-attacks (so that it's harder to punish him).

Last edited:

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
:4diddy:: Reduced knockback growth on Up-Air, preventing it from KOing anyone until quite a bit later. In exchange, Diddy would get a faster Dair, opening up more possibilities for his air game.

:4bowser:: Improved "tough guy" armor, enough to never flinch from Needles, in exchange for Fire Breath wearing out more quickly.

Ryuji

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuji777x
3DS FC
0044-3176-2969
hmm...if I had to nerf anything for Shulk it would be the timing window for Vision. It's way too long. I wouldn't nerf the damage on Buster Art either, because Shulk actually needs it against the faster opponents. If I had to give him a buff I would increase attack speed on all attacks when in Speed Art.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
Falcon main. I'd increase the startup lag on his side B or do something to his uair.

IntriguedGamer

Smash Cadet
Link: Nerf Up smash to not kill so early and add in more lag time on smash attacks.
Captain Falcon: Nerf F-air and D-air, since they both can kill at extremely low percent ranges.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
:4villagerf: tone down her axe in strength and knockback
:4robinf: Maybe nerf the trap time on arcfire? Eh.
:4wiifit: I don't want to nerf her even more.. Maybe less spam able Sun Salutation? Or I can be Sakurai.. "She needs a laggier air dodge" >_>
:4lucina: The range I can get off of a charged Shield Breaker in air? Like. I get back to the stage too quick.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
:4yoshi: Dash attack does less knockback.
Gve him a good sideB move.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Idk, I'm actually of the opinion that :4falcon:is pretty well balanced in every game but Brawl. Lots of high-power offensive options, but no disjointed hitboxes or projectiles, as well as a recovery that leaves a lot to be desired.

I dunno, though, his jab's pretty ridiculously fast. I guess I could understand adding a frame or two to that.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
:4jigglypuff: - Nerf her Singing range to only directly to either of her sides. I feel like I everytime I use this people are 2 steps away from Jiggs and just get surprised when they go to sleep. I honestly love this buff though :). And make rest as bad as Brawl O_O
:4ness: - Back throw and PK Thunder knockback. Even I think thats a bit ridiculous sometimes o.o
:4duckhunt: - Put a timer on his barrels and discs after using them 3 times in a row consecutively (also interchangable, so if you go barrel, discs, and barrel again within 5 seconds, it'll place a timer). He would have to go without those for about 7 seconds before he restocks. That seems fair to me. It'd be much more difficult to use him imo
:rosalina: - Luma can sustain more damage and can actually be called back when free falling if called 3 times without interuption, but once Luma dies its over for him until Rosalina dies too.
:4villager:/:4villagerf: - Tree takes a realistic time to grow in game xD
:4gaw: - Slower start up on moves (yeah, even slower)
:4luigi: - Tornado doesn't land all/most hits anymore, but will push opponents away after first hit they are contacted with
:4bowserjr: - Can't regain the Koopa Clown Car after 3 consecutive uses within 10 seconds and will prohibit him from using it for 5 seconds while on the ground. Can only jump and use hammer during this time.
:4wiifit:/:4wiifitm: - Even less range on moves -_-
:4peach: - Melee Peach Bomber
:4yoshi: - Take away his boost on Egg Throw and make him slower. He is so fast on here, I don't see why a lot of pro players don't use Yoshi :o

Last edited:
Top Bottom