• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you had to nerf your main.....

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
How would you do it? We all know our mains very well to know what about them is overpowered and underpowered. (Edit) So you get one nerf, and one buff. But can only add the buff if you first apply a nerf. I main Robin and I would without question nerf the cool down on the Levin sword by a couple of seconds. Nothing too long, but that thing comes back too quickly to really be considered a resource... On the other hand I would reduce the knock back on the down throw so there would be more follow up options besides the unreliable attempt to combo into Levin up air. I work hard for those grabs! I should get more from them!

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Mega Man's game is a little over centralized around the Air Shooter right now, personally I'd nerf it's range and damage a little bit. Enough to keep it useful, but also to take away it's ability to carry characters like Jigglypuff and G&W off the top blast zone at 45%.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Shulk main, I'd nerf his time for his arts to come back. However, there've been situations where the Arts came back just in time.

I wouldn't nerf at all. But that would be the change

Raijinken

Smash Master
I'd nerf Marth's reach (again), Robin's cooldowns (because while I'm being needlessly cruel to undervalued characters, why not go further), Falco's bair, Pac-man's dash attack, Megaman's bair, Doc's knockback (to make him truly useless), Ness's bthrow, and Falcon's uair. And then I'd drop them all and go play someone who was still playable at that point.

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
:4pikachu: His Up Smash and Fair would be the first things I'd nerf.

:4sheik: Her Disjointed Fair range and Bouncing Fish Knockback even more :p

:4sonic: His Spin Charge/Dash Priority and Speed.

TheFlyingCule

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlyingCule
3DS FC
3668-8782-5131
How do I nerf Palutena? She needs no nerfs.

As for Yoshi his range on his F-air might need a nerf. Peach should I guess have less of a Stitchface/Bob-omb pick up rate as it is higher than past games.

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
:4lucina:That up smash.

Last edited:

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
:4megaman: less range on Fsmash
:4kirby: more lag time between final upper uses to prevent spamming
:4yoshi: slower egg roll (Fspecial)
:4rob: change Uair back to what it was in brawl
:4ness: Uspecial needs to have launch power lowered

Last edited:

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
:4shulk:Counter duration, srsly it lasts for ages
:rosalina:Just about everything and she'd still be broken
:4rob: Laser recharge rate
:4megaman: Air shooter...just air shooter
:4palutena: Does it really need to be said? well if you really need to know the up smash is probably the best choice
:4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4kirby: Do I have to?
:4ness: Back Throw OP plz nerf

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
:4ganondorf: Nerf his dthrow so it doesn't throw people very far at any percent.

Then again that's a buff in disguise because it'd give Ganon combos out of downthrow.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
:4shulk:Less range in attacks.

:4falcon:Raptor boost is as powerful as it's Melee version.

:4ganondorf: Make him slower.

Goombario64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goombarioguy
Decrease Luma's U-tilt sweetspot power and F-Smash's knockback, and increase end lag on all of Rosie's Smashes. Decrease KB with up and down aerials, decrease overall range, increase Luma respawn time (again), remove auto-cancel Luma attacks along the ground...
Yeah pretty much just removing the Luma altogther would work.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
:4samus:
I guess a little bit of the damage for Charge Shot, but not sure if she really needs any huge or noticeable nerfs.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:rosalina:nerfing her is completely unnecessary. She's fine the way she is.
:4megaman:same with Rosie. Completely unnecessary.
:4link:well, I guess reducing the knockback growth on his dash attack wouldn't hurt.
:4myfriends:reducing a little bit of damage to his smash attacks.
:4lucina:same reason as my first two. She's already bad enough.

D

Deleted member

:4shulk: - Damage multiplier on Vision, or duration of active frames. Thing is way too lenient, especially for the reward you get.

Last edited by a moderator:

_gold_

Smash Master
I would nerf ZSS's stun gun, and the duration of the stun.
Or maybe extend the time it takes to shoot it, and the time it takes to put it away in the holster. Like Falco's.

Last edited:

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
How would you do it? We all know our mains very well to know what about them is overpowered and underpowered. I main Robin and I would without question nerf the cooldown on the Levin sword by a couple of seconds. Nothing too long, but that thing comes back too quickly to really be considered a resource...
I know this is blasphemy as a captain falcon main, but i wouldn't care if the punch got removed entirely. doesn't pack much more mustard than a charged smash, only real benefit is that i can start it in the air. Sure it feels amazing to land, but it's almost never worth trying unless your opponent is being obvious.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
:4ganondorf: Nerf his dthrow so it doesn't throw people very far at any percent.

Then again that's a buff in disguise because it'd give Ganon combos out of downthrow.
If gannon could downthrow combo like falcon, he'd be a killing machine.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
If gannon could downthrow combo like falcon, he'd be a killing machine.
Ganon already can kinda combo out of his downthrow, just not to the extent that Falcon can. Wizard Foot combos most characters at low percents, same with up air. On heavier characters, dash attack to up air works too.

Little-known fact, if the opponent DI's towards Ganon at 80-100%, dashing fullhop fair is a true kill combo out of downthrow. Works on Sheik!

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I guess :4ness:back throw is pretty easy. But id be super sad if ness got any major nerfs :c I'm still super happy he's great for once.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
Let's see... I main Diddy Kong and honestly he's pretty bad so I don't think he needs any nerfs, buffs would be helpful though.

kappa

REMOVE HOO HAH

Purple_Anteater

Smash Cadet
:4dk: No armor on fully charged Giant Punch. Oh god no...:sadeyes:
:4charizard: Increased fall speed. This kills the 'Zard.
:4ganondorf: Flame Choke launches opponents for no added damage.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
:4sonic:: His down/side specials need to be nerfed in any way possible.
:4pit:: Upperdash arm kills less or less armor, I guess. (Nothing is really broken on him)
:4rob:: This thing needs more end lag on his moves.
:4littlemac:: Make KO punch weaker I guess, that thing kills earlier than most final smashes!
:4shulk:: That counter needs to either be weaker or not last as long

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Ganon already can kinda combo out of his downthrow, just not to the extent that Falcon can. Wizard Foot combos most characters at low percents, same with up air. On heavier characters, dash attack to up air works too.

Little-known fact, if the opponent DI's towards Ganon at 80-100%, dashing fullhop fair is a true kill combo out of downthrow. Works on Sheik!
Yeah but how often would someone want to DI towards gannon off a downthrow? I suppose it can happen, but generally if you're at that high of a percentage and facing a heavy hitter like gannon, you might want to keep a bit of distance especially directly after a throw.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
:4megaman: : Nerf Leaf Shield
:4shulk: : Nerf Back Slash

ha
on a serious note i'd probably nerf MM's Uair a bit and maybe Dsmash, for Shulk idk

Duet

Smash Cadet
NNID
requiemlacrimosa
I would remove marths tipper and give him mediocre damage and knockback on all of his attacks instead of just the sour spots and call it more balanced. Oh wait..

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
:diddy:Reduce the knockback and damage for his forward smash and up air, and have his down throw modified to where it can still work great for combos, but not as easy. If they made those three changes, I don't think Diddy Kong would be anywhere near as hated and would be more of an A tier character than an S tier character.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I'd nerf the can to have less knockback. It kills at the most ridiculous but unreliable points, and encourages camping too much since if it hits at mid-high percents, there's not much DHD can do about it. If it had less knockback and encouraged him to actually approach so he could combo off it more reliably, I think he'd be an overall more balanced character.

Might be a "nerf" sort of like Sheik's fair was "nerfed" from a kill into a combo move, but **** is it annoying. There's really little reason to ever approach at mid-high percents, only early combo percents, and kill percents.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I would probably just nerf Falco's d-air more, the move is virtually useless as it is. If I had to actually nerf him for the sake of balance; however, I would probably reduce the knock-back on his b-air. It is pretty insane if you sweet-spot it. I suppose that would "normalize" him.

Top Bottom