• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could remove and add one thing into the game what would it be?o

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Remove: Custom equipment... I don't see what the point of this was. Moves that even slightly change a character I get... the equipment... it helps me do some farming but doesn't add much to the main game.

Add: Brawl stage builder elments to stage builder. Being able to draw custom shapes is really cool and opens up a lot of possibilities... but it does make simple designs a lot more of a hassle than they would be if we could just add pre set pieces where we want them. Having both would be awesome.

Remove: Smash Tour: Great idea bad execution.

Add: A smash tour that is more mario party like... some game changing randomness but make much of the power earned instead of given randomly/handicaply (it seems like every time I am in 1st on the last turn the person in last get's a star man and takes 3 fighters from me... if that was earned \I would feel more ok with it.)

XxSmashM4sterxX

Smash Cadet
Why are you two arguing over a matter of personal preference? People often treat this "Sm4sh v.s. Melee" issue like it's some form of a political debate (It's not). The lack of respectful exchange between the two communities greatly disappoints me. Thanks to all of the petty insults like "Trash 4" and "Melame" getting flung around, flame wars are extremely common on these forums. It makes me sad to see fans of the same series bash each other's skulls in over something so subjective. I would definitely be OK if a message like this was spread across multiple forums; maybe it would make the atmosphere on here less toxic.
If any of us treated this like a political debate, I don't think there'd be a lack of respectful exchange or intelligent responses, lol... Besides, maybe we're arguing because we enjoy it. What's it to you?

Heart of Ice

Smash Cadet
If any of us treated this like a political debate, I don't think there'd be a lack of respectful exchange or intelligent responses, lol... Besides, maybe we're arguing because we enjoy it. What's it to you?
Political debates very frequently go sour for me regardless of how respectful I am (I blame ignorance). You have to be the first person I've met that enjoys heated arguments (you should still speak for yourself, in regards to Feelicks), but I could tell your argument was about to go downhill. The reason that I object to these things is that it creates a toxic war zone environment where instead of collaborating and professing love for these games, people get into p*ssing matches over trivial things like this. There is simply too much focus on the differences between fans and not enough on the similarities.

You may not realize this, but your actions affect others and it may not always be positive. I already suffer from bouts of depression which tend to get worse when exposed to unnecessary flame wars/ negativity. I love Smash Bros. a lot, and I enjoy coming on here, but sometimes it feels that this website is a double-edged sword. I strongly believe this website could be a better place for all of us without this massive civil war being constantly fought. This salty bickering not a significant problem on any other forums I've been to like, Smogon, Nugget Bridge, and Squidboards. So, why should it be tolerated it here?

Hopefully, you are enjoying this argument (I'm glad if I can make someone happy. I was denied it quite frequently growing up, so I don't want others to have to suffer the way I did.), but please understand that I mean no offense.

*Phew* I really hope I didn't kill anybody's mood with this post!

Last edited:

XxSmashM4sterxX

Smash Cadet
Political debates very frequently go sour for me regardless of how respectful I am (I blame ignorance). You have to be the first person I've met that enjoys heated arguments (you should still speak for yourself, in regards to Feelicks), but I could tell your argument was about to go downhill. The reason that I object to these things is that it creates a toxic war zone environment where instead of collaborating and professing love for these games, people get into p*ssing matches over trivial things like this. There is simply too much focus on the differences between fans and not enough on the similarities.

You may not realize this, but your actions affect others and it may not always be positive. I already suffer from bouts of depression which tend to get worse when exposed to unnecessary flame wars/ negativity. I love Smash Bros. a lot, and I enjoy coming on here, but sometimes it feels that this website is a double-edged sword. I strongly believe this website could be a better place for all of us without this massive civil war being constantly fought.

Hopefully, you are enjoying this argument (I'm glad if I can make someone happy. I was denied it quite frequently growing up, so I don't want others to have to suffer the way I did.), but please understand that I mean no offense.

*Phew* I really hope I didn't kill anybody's mood with this post!
SJW much? I also don't think two people saying one message each containing two sentences really counts as a "heated argument", though you did go and write a short essay based on one sentence I said. If anyone not being a part of your groupthink/circlejerk or having a different opinion gives you depression, then I truly feel sorry for you. The internet isn't for those who can't stand the thought of people not agreeing with them on everything.

Last edited:

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
As a Pac-Main, I feel very offended that you prefer Bulbasaur over him.
As someone who loved Ivysaur in brawl, I'm offended you called it the wrong name. >:C (But I agree, no removing characters... >_>)

*ahem* Anyhow -

Remove :4charizard:, add an improved:pt: (Remove the damn stamina mechanic, give better reasons to swap out, for example.).

(So I kinda lied about the character thing. :v Sue me. Atleast this would remove flare blitz spammers though!)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
As a Pac-Main, I feel very offended that you prefer Bulbasaur over him.
Men, I never wanted Pac in the game at all, and now that he's there... I'm pretty sure I was right.

Ivysaur was the greatest fighter to ever grace Smash Bros

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Remove Midna as an Assist Trophy...add Midna as a playable character....

or Dark Samus...or Ridley...

Or remove Smash Tour and add an Adventure Mode...or remove Target Blast and add Break the Targets...

Yeah there's a bit too much for me to narrow it down

mr medicinal

Smash Rookie
im torn between taking out shulk and putting in bomberman or
taking out smash tour and adding a mode with the diff characters for each stock like the final battle of smash tour
or taking out ryus theme b and replacing it with guiles theme

actually id take out big battlefeild and add cornaira to wii u

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
Remove RNG from attacks such as Peach's turnips and G&W's Judge (Make Peach's turnips all do the same damage, and Judge a chargeup move or something) and add tournament-style tiebreaker options for normal matches.

Also, reverse Lucario's Aura. (Rage is fine, it helps the leader as often as the loser) Not only does it conceptually make no sense that his life-force would get stronger as you pummel him, it gives you buffs when you're behind on stocks. No excuse for that. You can be high on damage and still be winning, at least.

Troykv

Smash Master
Remove RNG from attacks such as Peach's turnips and G&W's Judge (Make Peach's turnips all do the same damage, and Judge a chargeup move or something) and add tournament-style tiebreaker options for normal matches.

Also, reverse Lucario's Aura. (Rage is fine, it helps the leader as often as the loser) Not only does it conceptually make no sense that his life-force would get stronger as you pummel him, it gives you buffs when you're behind on stocks. No excuse for that. You can be high on damage and still be winning, at least.
What exactly is a tournament-stlye tiebreaker?

And what are you saying with Lucario? Make him weaker with more damage he has? o.oU

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Remove windbox on Vanish.

Put back Ike's amazing SFX on his sword hits from Brawl.

The only buff Ike would ever need.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
What exactly is a tournament-style tiebreaker?
It's the way most major tournaments handle ties, they completely ignore the sudden death mode, and whoever had less percent at the time the match ended is the winner. What happens when both both players have the exact same stocks and the exact same percent is up to the Tourney Organizer since there's no set ruling, sometimes it's rock-paper-scissors, other TOs would request the match to be replayed until there's no longer a tie but, in general, when people say tourney style tie-breaking they are usually referring only to the part where if both people have same stocks, the person with less percent wins.

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
Remove Mewtwo from the roster and then add a Realistic Mewtwo in its place. A Realistic Mewtwo meaning a Mewtwo more akin to the games and not the Cardboard cutout Mewtwo that is Smash Mewtwo.

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
Remove:side scrolling stages
Add:Mewtwo's Shadow Ball hitbox while charging. Also add bomb arrows to Link like he has in SSF2.

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Remove Sakurai's ****ty philosophy of "everyone must be able to win at all times", and replace it with the Brawl Minus philosophy.

Top Bottom