• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could go back in time 1 whole year and tell yourself *one* thing about the new Smash...?

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

KokiriMiko

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darkness_Doom
That Dark Pit is more than a colour alt for Pit.
I would win several bets with this info.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
"You wanted Shulk? You'll get Shulk."

"Be open-minded about Ghirahim and Smash Bros."

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I hadn't played Xenoblade a year ago, so knowing Shulk is in wouldn't have done anything for me.

HOWEVER, I'd have gone into the Robin thread, and been like "Guys. Whatever you do, don't give up. Things are going to get really tough after E3, but don't give up."

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
I'd show and tell myself the entire roster and stage list. Then my past self would bet large sums of money against other smashers and win... and I'll hunt down anyone who doesn't pay up.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait
scratch what I said last time
I would bring my 2DS with me
And without saying anything
Show myself the entire roster and stages, let him take a picture of them to upload to the computer and leak it, and noone would ever know.
But of course, someone beat me too the punch.
Maybe next Smash Bros. =w=

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I would've spoiled the entire for myself, and then looked at myself like an idiot.
As exactly one year ago, I had no idea who Robin, Shulk, and to a degree, Little Mac were, and didn't care about Lucina.
And thought two Mario newcomers was preposterous.

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
This game doesn't suck ass like Brawl. My past self would be so happy. Also, I would tell him that the 3DS version is actually pretty good.

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Dont bother learning c stick u can win without it

Last edited:

bkslider

Smash Journeyman
I'd tell myself when the real roster would be leaked and where not to go for spoilers. I did my best to avoid them, but still found out about Duck Hunt, which would have blown my mind if it came up randomly in game.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Oh, forgot about the avoiding leaks thing. I'd probably tell myself that too so I can be more surprised (aside from Lucas not being in).

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
I would slip my past self a video file of Boss segment of the Smash direct and rule Smashboards + The internet :yeahboi: :troll:

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
"You're going to main Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer. ...No, seriously."

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
You will enjoy this game. Your local community will not enjoy the game as much as you do. You'll be able to beat them, but all you'll get out of it is backhanded complements. But there's always smashrun with your casual friends (locally). So that's... good?

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
I would tell myself to not look up anything about the Smash roster, that way I would be a bit more accepting of characters like Dark Pit being extremely similar to Pit. (More similar then Lucina is to Marth I might add.)

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
I'd go back to one year ago and then tell my past-me: 'Get out of the internet as soon as August begins until game release, there's gonna be a real leak that will spoil the entire game for everyone. The final roster still have a few surprises.'

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd tell myself to go insane with my Duck Hunt propaganda and drive detractors crazy when I make bold statements like "Just you watch... Duck Hunt Dog will get in over Ridley, Mewtwo, and King K. Rool" and "You will see, [insert detractor], [insert their wanted character] will be an Assist Trophy and Duck Hunt Dog will be in". :troll:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
"Nintendo will announce the New 3DS literally the day after you buy your first 3DS."

Not sure if that's smash related, but I bought a 3DS mainly to play Smash so :p

But if not, then "You're gonna end up maining a character you'd never thought you'd main."

Last edited:

shinegreymon

Smash Rookie
Now that the whole world has the game, these are always fun. If you could go back 1 entire year in time and give yourself one complete line of thought concerning the new Smash, what would it be?

Is there anything you regret saying or feel stupid for saying/assuming before the game came out?

I have one...Mewtwo related lol.

You guys?
PREORDER THIS AWESOME GAME!

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I'd lie to myself with a very bad news, the worst one I never wanted to hear about SSB4. So someday I will be very relieved finding out that I was trolled.

"Lucario isn't in. Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger! You will find more info about it on January 31."

The last sentence may seem vague but it will give hint of me trolling to myself after finding that lucario is confirmed on that date.

Actually I felt so nervous about Lucario not making it in and it felt bad... But when it's confirmed I was happy about it. I would've be happier when I thought I knew he WON'T make it in.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I will say " Have fun with your social life ...because it's end soon "

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
"Ridley is not playable, at least not on launch."

That would have saved a lot of time.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
"Past, incompetent self, Jumpman is not in the game."
"FU** YOU FUTURE SELF AND YOUR FALSE LIES!"
I still fail to see why they removed him, He was my favorite palette from Brawl. But we keep the green and poopy brown Mario.

Last edited:

Jacuzzi Splot

Smash Cadet
When smash boards warns of spoiler content from leaks avoid it. Avoid the internet from that point. Don't talk to your friends from that point. Get the game on release day and play 60 vs matches. You will unlock several characters before then but something unexpected and special will happen after 60.

Or playing smash franchise games is fun to find potential newcomers to support but you've already accomplished this by playing Kid Icarus Uprising and Fire Emblem Awakening. 4 newcomers from these games, guess who?

Because my past self would probably understand if I said beat classic with mario.

Last edited:
Top Bottom