• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could go back in time 1 whole year and tell yourself *one* thing about the new Smash...?

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Don't listen to a single thing sakurai says in interviews, he is an S tier troll.

Last edited:

DoctorDub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrDubious
Play more ZSS.
Get good at her.
Because god damn it, she's gonna be really, REALLY good.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
If anything, I'd probably tell myself Snake isn't in. Other than that, nothing. I enjoyed the ride.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
That I would get none of my wanted newcomers besides Mega Man. So I wouldn't have wasted that much time waiting for the game.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'll say someting like: "You're gonna feel it!" :4shulk:
and then leave my past self confused about the meaning of that phrase.

Niala

Smash Ace
I'll say someting like: "You're gonna feel it!" :4shulk:
and then leave my past self confused about the meaning of that phrase.
Wow you're so mean to yourself. If I did that to me, I'd punch myself right in the face. Which would not only be really hard, but is also a weird thing to say.

If I could say one thing... I don't know, actually. I don't feel like there was a lot to tell. Maybe not to expect too much. That seems like a "me" thing to have told myself. There's a lot in the game, but I still feel as though the game was split in two just for money, and it could have fit well on one title and would have been better if they hadn't split their efforts. So I'd prepare a meticulously worded message as to avoid confusing myself about that quality of the game, I suppose.

Gosh, I'm boring.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Wow you're so mean to yourself. If I did that to me, I'd punch myself right in the face. Which would not only be really hard, but is also a weird thing to say.
That's the idea; troll my past self a little and not spoiling the game directly; saying only vague things to keep the surprises. But if I need to say something seriously I'll say to myself that Gematsu got debunked.

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
"DON'T BELIEVE THEIR FILTHY LIES, BELIEVE ONLY IN THE DOG AND DUCK!"

Cura

Smash Rookie
NNID
Delta17
3DS FC
3609-2093-3761
"Chrom will get his chance...another day."

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Don't get your hopes up, Marth is useless.

espio87

Smash Ace
"Magicant is a stage"
"Dungeon Man trophy"
"Smiles and Tears and Eight Melodies plus Magicant music"
"Starman is an Assist Trophy"
"You will love the roster despite of the lack of Mewtwo"
One of those five I would say.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
"Dark Pit is in... and 3/4 of the smash community hates the idea that hes a character except you"

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
Nothing really. Maybe that Mewtwo wasn't coming back (at least at first) but I wouldn't believe that at all.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I'd tell myself to find the perfect 3DS grip because the Circle Pad Pro isn't supported. :(

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
"You'll have an exam the same day as Smash 3DS release. Don't go to the midnight release." XD

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'd probably have just broken the lack of Ivysaur to myself.

:/

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*Appears in Time Machine*
"Wha-"
"I AM YOU FROM THE FUTURE, I HAVE A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE NEW SMASH BROTHERS."
"Wait, how far are you in the future?"
"Past release date. There's a Character I need to tell you about, they're playable."
"WHO? WHO??"
"Doctor FREAKING MARIO, DASSWHO!"
"AS A SEPERATE CHARACTER!?"
"YES!"
"DOES HE HAVE THE TORNADO!?"
"YES!"
"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!"
"I must go now. But keep your eyes open in August. A certain Dog might appear then. Also, join Smashboards. Trust me, It'll be worth it. See you in a Year, where you will go back in time to tell yourself this very message, thus creating an Endless Loop. Whoops."
*Leaves*
"...SISTER!!! DOCTOR MARIO IS PLAYABLE!!!!!"

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Lemmy Koopa is finally playable in a Super Smash Bros. game. Your childhood dream has come true.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
"Don't get hyped for Lucas. He's not returning, and Mother 3 is basically going to be treated as if it never existed. Don't hope for more Mother 3 content, or even old Mother 3 content.

"Also, just wait for the new FE newcomer. Just trust me on this one. ZSS is also going to be separated so you can finally use her a lot without worrying about her being tethered to another character you're mediocre with, and you're going to really like Wii Fit Trainer... Why are you looking at me like that? Of course the Wii Fit Trainer is playable this time. I'm serious. No, really, I'm not lying, I swear!"

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
"Don't get hyped for Lucas. He's not returning, and Mother 3 is basically going to be treated as if it never existed. Don't hope for more Mother 3 content, or even old Mother 3 content.

"Also, just wait for the new FE newcomer. Just trust me on this one. ZSS is also going to be separated so you can finally use her a lot without worrying about her being tethered to another character you're mediocre with, and you're going to really like Wii Fit Trainer... Why are you looking at me like that? Of course the Wii Fit Trainer is playable this time. I'm serious. No, really, I'm not lying, I swear!"
We knew of WFT a year ago

If I'd told myself a year ago that I would be liking characters named Greninja, Robin, Shulk & Bowser Jr., I'd tell you I only knew what two of those were, as I had only incredibly recently found out was Greninja was (Thanks 4chan- <3 )

I only played Awakening in May of this year, and still haven't played Xenoblade (Though I watched all the cutscenes. mmm girl good stuff). So it's interesting.

Also maybe would have mentioned Duck Hunt & PacMan just to get my irritation out of the way.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Oh, right. I thought we were discussing just in general things we didn't expect about SSB4.

I'm also in the same boat with Awakening. I got it about a month ago finally because I adored Robin so much.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'll dress up in ragged military gear and tell my past self that Canada invaded Mexico and the US is the battleground, so have fun past self, because you'll never play SSB4 or play at all unless you want to play Russian roulette.

That or tell my past self that it's a game. Just a game. Nothing more; nothing less.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
"Start saving, cause you will impulse buy the limited edition smash bros 3ds and game on the same night."

"You're gping to have so much fun with Villager"
This was similar to mine.

*There will be toy compatible figures to go with each character save up.
*Many games will go on sale for the release of the 3DS version. save up.
*You won't have time to play the game by the time the USA version is out. You need the Japanese one. save up.

However, I'd tell myself the following:
"Self, there is an evil that will be plunged into the smash community. Its name is Gematsu; it is a pseudo-leak and it will try to thieve all of the excitement from the newcoming characters. You must sacrifice yourself, and your own intense desire for surprise, to throw reasonable doubt into the community. Here is what he will say on the characters, and here is the launch roster. Breech the following holes in his story to disrupt his trust along the meridian, and soon enough, his horrible timescape of underwhelming reveals will no longer swell through the smash community."

Last edited:

DavidLowell

Smash Cadet
NNID
PharaohLowell
3DS FC
0318-8056-1329
"Keep playing Melee and Project M. It's better than Brawl but not by much. Also, your female friends will pester you about being a womanizer."

*stares confused at future self*
"....the ****?..."

north-note

Smash Cadet
lucas is not included in the the game, so suck it up and cry alot. and keep having faith in kirby.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I'd tell myself:

"Ness is still playable."

That's really all I need to be content with Smash 4. Aside from the assumed basic features of the game, of course.

Top Bottom