• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If You Could Bring One Stage from SSB N64, Which Would it Be?

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Completely honest, I'd love a remix of Meta Crystal's theme for music DLC or something, but I didn't care for the stage.

As for what stages i'd want, it'd be either Peach's Castle or Final Destination 64. Peach's Castle can be remade or whatever, but i'd keep FD64 the exact same as it was in Smash Bros. 64; the layout, visual effects and background are just classic N64 final arena goodness. The music being the only FD theme not being based off the respective game's main theme helps it be unique, too. Maybe it could show up in its original form as an easter egg for fights with Master Hand that don't include Crazy Hand.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There is only one answer:

It's pretty disappointing how this stage hasn't returned at all...
My second choice would be Dream Land 64.

C3CC

Smash Lord
There is only one answer:

It's pretty disappointing how this stage hasn't returned at all...
My second choice would be Dream Land 64.
Oh my God... The nostalgia... I can almost hear the music in the background :')

I remember the first time I played Super Smash Bros, and it was on this stage. It was Christmas 1999, if I recall. The place where I played it was in a mountain cabin that belongs to my family, and the surroundings were pretty much like Hyrule in this stage: cold, with fog and a somewhat dim-colored sky, with tons of grassland near it. Great memories.

SuperCoffeeBros

The Better, Faster, Cheaper Custom Controller
Saffron was very fun, but so was Sector Z. Dreamland is a staple, but I would probably have to choose Saffron.

My brother and I played king of the hill on the helicopter pad, good times.

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Metal Mario Stage would be the best choice. Pair it with an awesome remix and you have a winner.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Pirate ship... It didn't make any sense for bridge of elden to return and steal its spot... I would of liked both. (Giant jiglypuff stages are the best)

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Saffron City. Yeah, I love Dreamland and Hyrule Castle (I actually like all of them- even Mushroom Kingdom). But I would rather not have it be a direct port but a REMASTER, similar to what Nintendo EAD does with Mario Kart when they bring back past courses. Look at Rainbow Road 64- absolutely gorgeous (despite the massive change in terms of how laps work).

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
I would love to bring essentially all of them back in remastered form, but if I had to choose just one stage from Super Smash Bros. 64, Hyrule Castle 64 would probably be my vote; I think it was the first Super Smash Bros. 64 stage that I ever played on, and I love hopping up the central tower's platforms, as well as doing infinite(-like?) attacks with Link's sword on the wall near the right side's Tent, not to mention hopping to the top of the Tent on the right side and doing some cool maneuver... And those tornadoes (for better and for worse)!

Saffron City would probably be my second choice; the various Pokemon (including background!Moltres) could use graphical overhauls and such.. Aside from the randomly-appearing Pokemon, cruising on the elevator platforms and hopping on top of the helicopter platform (such as to get a lone item) are quite fun.

Mushroom Kingdom 64 would probably be my third choice; the layout just seems so appealing, and jumping through the warp pipes and "standing" on the scale were actions that were so fun to do...

As for Sector Z, I like the size, but I hate juxtaposing it with Super Smash Bros. Melee's Corneria stage (Corneria could roughly be described as "Super Smash Bros. 64's Sector Z stage, except smaller and not IN SPACE!"). I tend to dislike "clone stages" or stages that are highly reminiscent of each other (whether in aesthetics or layout), so I wouldn't be a fan of Sector Z and Corneria returning... I think I would like an amalgamated stage with Sector Z's size (and maybe Arwing flight pattern as well), with Corneria's ability to stand on the front laser cannons. As for backgrounds, maybe have an option to have the Sector Z or Corneria background/aesthetics+music dependent on button press or something..

Similar to Sector Z, the main reason I wouldn't want Dream Land 64 to return is because I perceive it as "Battlefield, except with Kirby aesthetics and wind", although I'm sure there are probably minor structural differences.. At least Green Greens manages to change the layout, even if the bombs can be somewhat intrusive...

Last edited:

Cursetyl

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cursetyl
Hyrule Castle is my favorite Smash stage as a whole, so yeah bring it back for sure.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I've always been a fan of the Mushroom Kingdom stage's layout and interesting music.

Though I think I slightly prefer Melee's version over this one.

Kromeste

Smash Rookie
I would pick Saffron City because there are no other stages quite like it, excluding Fouside. I also feel that it deserves to be in Smash 4 because, despite the massiveness of Pokemon, The series receives a fairly small amount of stage representation. Well that's my two cents anyways.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I'd love to have them all back. But Peach's Castle probably the most. It was the stage that started it all!

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Sector Z if it maintains its relative size. It'd be great for 8 player smash.

If that's not a possibility, I'm gonna go with Yoshi's Island. Even though Saffron was my favorite stage, I don't think it would work well in Smash 4 with the mobility creep since 64.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I just finally want an official game in which Meta Crystal is playable in VS mode. Though unlike KJ64, I'd like to see Meta Crystal become bigger to scale with the increased size of the fighters

Top Bottom