• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If You Could Bring One Stage from SSB N64, Which Would it Be?

fearemblem

Smash Rookie
If you had the chance to request a stage from the original Super Smash Bros to be ported to the Wii U Smash Bros, which would it be? Since they already ported over Kongo Jungle, it doesn't count (obviously).

Just to refresh your nostalgia, the stages are:

Peach's Castle
Saffron City
Hyrule Castle
Planet Zebes
Dreamland
Sector Z
Yoshi's Island
Mushroom Kingdom

Personally, I would pick Saffron City. While Hyrule Castle is my favorite Super Smash Bros N64 stage, Nintendo has already given us an even better stage from the Zelda universe. I'm talking of course about Hyrule Temple. I honestly think that Saffron City is the best Pokemon stage in the entire Super Smash Bros franchise. Feel free to tell me your opinions!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Kongo Jungle :troll:

Jokes aside, Mushroom Kingdom, Saffron City and Yoshi's Island (if Nintendo/Namco moves its song) are the only one that stand some kind of chance.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
For me it's a toss-up between Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Yoshi's Island, and Planet Zebes. If I only had to pick one I'd probably pick Hyrule Castle.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Castle or Saffron City.

I would say Dream Land, for being competitively viable, but I don't think that stage's huge blast zones wouldn't translate very well into Smash 4 at all.

Khao

Smash Lord
Hard choice between Sector Z and Hyrule Castle.

Sector Z is honestly the only Great-Fox-based stage I've ever enjoyed, the reduced size of Corneria simply doesn't work, and the new stage on Wii U doesn't really let you enjoy the Great Fox properly.

Buuuut Hyrule Castle is also a really good stage, it has a great platform configuration and there's several different places with different purpose without feeling too cramped or complicated, and it has a pretty much perfect size.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
I'd go with Sector Z. I know, "It's just like Corneria (Melee/Brawl) but bigger", but that's the whole point. It's big enough to allow 8 players to pair up with some room to maneuver, but not so big as to make going across it difficult. It's a little big for 4 players, but 6 or more and it's fine.

Showdow

Smash Cadet
NNID
steelersuperfan
3DS FC
4442-0925-4594
Hyrule Castle, it was the first smash stage I ever played on.

Bigherolike6

Smash Cadet
I would bring back Hyrule Castle. I could see it being used possibly in tournaments and I think it would be an all around fun stage to have back for both casual and competitive play.

TheRealBlueBlur

Smash Apprentice
Sector Z and Hyrule Castle for 8 - Player Smash.
Planet Zebes, Dream Land, and Yoshi's Island for the massive graphical overhauls that they could get.
Mushroom Kingdom because of how creative it was back then.

If I could just choose one, I'd pick Hyrule Castle.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Peach's Castle. Not because of my obvious bias, but imagine have a view of the colorful land and sky around the castle in glorious HD. That stage would look ****ing incredible in HD.
Believe it or not, I didn't like Mushroom Kingdom very much.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Hyrule Castle and Metal Mario. When I was a kid I wanted to play on the Metal Mario stage outside of 1P mode so bad.

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
As everyone else on the face of the earth has said, either Hyrule Castle or Saffron City. If I had to pick only 1, though, it would be Hyrule Castle.

That moment when the tornado would show up and everybody would scram to one side of the stage to avoid it was the best.

_gold_

Smash Master
Hyrule Castle was a classic too. Recreating it in stage creation just doesn't it for me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Either Hyrule Castle or Saffron City...or both.
Wish I could say Sector Z but we already had two other stages held aboard the Great Fox.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I want to say Dream Land because that's pretty much all my friend and I play in 64, but Battlefield's pretty much the same thing, so probably Hyrule Castle. Heck, I'd be fine with anything from that game, although I was never fond of Saffron City (though that's mostly due to how hard it was to recover as Ness).

Smash Arena

Smash Cadet
NNID
THEGREATSTALIN
Hyrule Castle. I actually remade it in Stage Builder, pretty close to the original, but nothing would beat actually having the original stage.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'm super stoked that Kongo Jungle got in, it was my favorite.

But I like Saffron City a lot too.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I played the hell out of Saffron City on the 64, so I'd love to see it back. I would probably pick Hyrule Castle over it though, since Saffron City is easier to recreate on the stage builder. I also want some form of Dream Land to return, since it just doesn't seem right for that not to be there.

Top Bottom