• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If SSB4 only had room for 2 more Swordsmen

If SSB4 only had room for 2 more Swordsmen who would take the spot?

• Shulk and Takamaru

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • Shulk and Chrom

Votes: 26 21.8%
  • Shulk and Isaac

Votes: 44 37.0%
  • Isaac and Chrom

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Isaac and Takamaru

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • Chrom and Takamaru

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
People are taking this whole alt costume thing way too far.
WFT and Villager are the same character regardless of gender or appearance, similar to mii because they're generic.

boy villager and female villager isn't equivalent to fox and falco or marth and roy.
-_-' They're separate characters with separate identities and move sets, even if they're semi-clone.

Separate characters ok. I just want alternate costumes so I can actually play as them....

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's probably going to be Shulk and Chrom, but I'd LOVE for it to be Shulk and Takamaru. Like, so much it hurts.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It's probably going to be Shulk and Chrom in all honesty, and I would like it that way.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I expect Shulk and Chrom. I would prefer Shulk and Isaac.

Chrom just screams generic and boring. We already have two purely sword-based characters in Marth ad Ike. Isaac could be something way more special.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...Pretty sure they meant "newcomer" swordsmen though, considering all of the ones in the poll are newcomers.

Meta Knight also is not listed, so he and Ike are obviously in the same boat.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
...Pretty sure they meant "newcomer" swordsmen though, considering all of the ones in the poll are newcomers.

Meta Knight also is not listed, so he and Ike are obviously in the same boat.
Well if you're only pretty sure and not 100% sure, than i'm gonna take this with a grain of salt.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Well if you're only pretty sure and not 100% sure, than i'm gonna take this with a grain of salt.
Then I'll just edit out the "Pretty sure" which is a figure of speech.

People seriously feel like doing this kind of crap? Is it for ****s and giggles?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Then I'll just edit out the "Pretty sure" which is a figure of speech.

People seriously feel like doing this kind of crap? Is it for ****s and giggles?
I didn't know how strongly you felt over this.
My sincerest apologies.

Best of luck to your future goals of 2014.

#jimmies rustled

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
I am extremely butthurt that you didn't include Robin. Robin has a good chance too. The spot for a new awakening rep is now a duel between Chrom and Robin, there is no denying it. Although Chrom is more likely, he will probably not be another plain sword user and bring his great lord look with the fire emblem shield. Sakurai would probably see a way around the sword only FE character trio and put shielded Chrom or magical Robin. #DeportIwata

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I am extremely butthurt that you didn't include Robin. Robin has a good chance too. The spot for a new awakening rep is now a duel between Chrom and Robin, there is no denying it. Although Chrom is more likely, he will probably not be another plain sword user and bring his great lord look with the fire emblem shield. Sakurai would probably see a way around the sword only FE character trio and put shielded Chrom or magical Robin. #DeportIwata
Robin has more potential at being a sorcerer type character, though. So that's why, in a poll about "swordsmen", it makes sense why she's excluded.

Last edited:

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
Robin has more potential at being a sorcerer type character, though. So that's why, in a poll about "swordsmen", it makes sense why she's excluded.
What do you mean sorcerer? He is half sword, half magic. I could say Link isn't a full swordsman because he uses bombs, a boomerang, and bow. Link could be considered a non swords man toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
What do you mean sorcerer? He is half sword, half magic. I could say Link isn't a full swordsman because he uses bombs, a boomerang, and bow. Link could be considered a non swords man toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
I mean, Robin could potentially have a moveset consisting of only magic attacks, like Isaac.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I mean, Robin could potentially have a moveset consisting of only magic attacks, like Isaac.
I would think S/He would have neutral moves (A attacks) that are mostly sword attacks, and magic attacks for specials (B attacks). IE Link with magic specials.

Last edited:

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
As much as I think Shulk and Chrom have a better shot, for personal choice, I would like to see Isaac and Takamaru.

Rabbattack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RabbitLord443
3DS FC
1627-8463-7654
The chances of that are slim, considering the fact that he specializes in both and that is what he's known for.

MetalMario128

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetalMario64
Shulk and Isaac. I think they would be the most interesting of the four moveset wise. I also would love to hear some Xenoblade and Golden Sun music on respective stages for them.

Takamaru and Chrom would be cool, too, but if limited to only two, Shulk and Isaac are the best choices for me.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Just to be a contrarian... :troll:

I'd honestly be happy if I got Crono as a surprise third party representative. He'd count as retro, and I don't feel like I'm exaggerating when I say Chrono Trigger is to the SNES as Mario 3 is to the NES in terms of game importance.

But I might just really like Crono.

As for the second swordsman.... Alucard as another surprise third party rep, but ONLY cause it would make that Symphony of the Night 2 at E3 rumor for the 3DS seem confirmed for me.

...I'd also accept Magnus, Samurai Goroh DLC, and a sword using based new Ganondorf (though would prefer a Pitchfork wielding Ganon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom