• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IC Blog: VLog is dead but the blog is not!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ice Niqgas I have a question for you.

Waveland from the edge onto stage... how safe is it? Like, can you waveland and block before the invincibility runs out? What about U-tilt? Or D-smash?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Yeah, it's pretty legit. But because I know that it's possible, I often try it because what's wrong with being invincible?

Well, it gets me smacked in the face, that's what's wrong with it.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Uploading episode 2!

I won't be doing a Q&A next time, I will be taking suggestions for a topic and then just start ranting about it. I'm also going to post this in MD and see what people think/say.

Vts

Smash Champion
Uploading episode 2!

I won't be doing a Q&A next time, I will be taking suggestions for a topic and then just start ranting about it. I'm also going to post this in MD and see what people think/say.
How to get into the right mind set.

Rant about johns and which ones should be allowed

Talk about why tier lists don't really matter until high lvl of play

just few ideas

t3h Icy

Smash Master
The number of options and both offense and defense of the edge game.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Are you still making more of these? I really like what you have to say about the game. :D

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Could you maybe talk a bit about the power of CCing and how to use it effectively? For example, when you CC a lot against Sheiks, they start doing risky stuff like d-smash because they're scared of CC -> grab, so I just bait d-smash and grab anyway. Lol.

I would appreciate some analysis of this topic.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Tai: Maybe? If I get to go to any large tournaments this year I'm probably going to get to pick one and only one.

It would either be G2 or Apex, I'm thinking.

As for the VLog! I think I'll do two of the suggestions: getting into the right mindset, and the role of the shield are both pretty cool ideas. I'd do the edge options one, but I actually have a pretty crummy ledge game (unless I'm grabbing the opponent lol) so I'll just do those other two :)

Turazrok

Smash Master
How 2 deal with people in you face. Spacing wise I can't get out of close range pressure.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Ok, finished watching (Listening?) here is what I have to say:

Part 1: Man, this really helped, I ran in my mind different situations that I remember of me losing and they pretty much fit perfectly to what you said - Losing to people I viewed as inferior and winning in matches involving good plays from the opponent, me complimenting him about them and all around having fun and laughing. The "I played badly" instead of "He played well" attitude is, at least for me, really destructive to my overall performance, it could get so bad at times it affected my gameplay on a purely technical level - that is, a missed short hop here, a screwed up wave land there... all because of the attitude.

Thanks for bringing this up!

Part 2: Heh, I expected this video's subject to be the shield role in IC's game and their unique double shield. Anyway, I'm not sure what to think about the information you provided. Do all these effects of the shield on your opponent's mind go through your head when you decide to press R? For me, if they do, its only subconsciously because I feel like I shield more as an instinct or reflex.. Maybe not, I need to record some footage and see, hopefully next week.

And finally suggestion for topic to talk about: "How to improve?" That is, besides playing more, are there any special things you need to pay attention to when playing "To get better" instead of playing "To win" (If such difference even exists..) Does this make sense? :p

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Virtual: Really I just use my shield a LOT and slowly gather information from the opponent based on how they respond to it. For instance, people who immediately go into aggression mode against my shield cause me to start doing roll de-syncs and backwards WD's to try and punish predictable approaches. I try and get an unconscious feel for their responses and see what I can do to bait and control them after a bit of data gathering.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
So here's a question: if I told you that at the next smashfest, or the next time you play, you would lose 20 matches and win zero, would you still be willing to go?

My answer is a resounding "YES." I (not infrequently) get upset when I'm losing, but I'm usually good at keeping it in so it doesn't bother other players around me. Also, though I may be frustrated or angry at the time, I always manage to get over it soon after (or even better, while I'm playing). I can regroup myself and figure out why I'm losing, etc. And in the end that's what I need to happen to me on a repeated basis.

For example, last week I was playing with Wife (yes the old school Peach player) in some seriouslies (Peach vs ICs). I didn't win a single match, though several were close. I wasn't getting frustrated at all, though, and I was focusing on how I could approach the matchup differently and better. +1 Positive smash experience. :)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
N-n-n-n-necro post!

Updated the blog after ages.

VLog still dead though. But I WAS talking to Taj about starting a matchcasting series when I move back to AZ. For purpose of analysis and insight to help people think more about their matchups and decisions.

Anyhow, bumpalump.

VirtualVoid

Smash Journeyman
Well I just got back to Israel a few hours ago, I will try to read it soon, I always like reading this, thanks :)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hey guys. Update to the blog, I will no longer be posting updates to eskimosister.blogspot.com

I'm going to be starting a new one, with a more generalized focus on competition and competitive gaming. The site is compete-complete.blogspot.com and... well, there's nothing there yet. But tell your friends! And also follow me on twitter @EskimauxRob and you will know basically instantly when updates are up. I'm going to stick to a once-a-week schedule with it.

Who is excited? I am excited.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
compete-complete.blogspot.com

First *real* post is up. Comment/share/like/whatever if you enjoy it, please. I would really like this to grow :)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I've decided to make the blog schedule Tuesday/Friday, officially. Little posts may be made around that so you can always check back, but that's when you should *expect* new ones.

And since it's Friday... blog post! :D

Top Bottom