• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I have a very serious question about Sheik's gender!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onepost

Smash Rookie
I posted this earlier but I don't think anybody noticed. It's to do with the idea that Zelda physically changes into a man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY9OoVdQGHM

^Pretty high voice for a man.
It's barely higher than Link's. If the game had actual voice acting they would have had to hire a male voice actor for Sheik at the very least or else the revelation would be far too obvious very early in the game.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
It's barely higher than Link's. If the game had actual voice acting they would have had to hire a male voice actor for Sheik at the very least or else the revelation would be far too obvious very early in the game.
You know Bart Simpson is voice by a girl?

They'd probably just get a female voice actor and tell her to have a husky, male feel to the voice. (a la Melee...)

Aeolus

Smash Rookie
Sheik's persona/concept is male, Zelda's gender is female. We all agree on this, no one can contest these two facts. This is the argument at it's most base form.

When you try to mix these two to get an answer, a homo-magnetic polar repulsion happens, or it's like trying to mix oil and water. It doesn't happen.

Either way, both answers are correct. The only variance in this case are the fingers pointing at them.

That is why this will never rest.

However! If we all agree that the answer isn't a single point, but the inclusion of both, then we can set this to rest. If you don't want to be accepting of more than one definite truth out of obstinacies, then be my guest. I agree with both sides.
I completely agree. The reason this debate still continues is due to misconceptions of the definition of "gender" and "sex."

Zelda and Sheik's "sex" is female. Zelda is female and that can't be disputed. By association, Sheik, being Zelda's alter-ego, is also female (in body) in both OoT and Brawl.

The "gender"/persona of Sheik is male, however, at least in OoT. Sheik attempts to display masculinity through the Sheikah disguise. Keep in mind, This does not mean her body is male! Only the character/persona of Sheik is male.

For those of you who don't quite grasp what a "persona" is, here's an example:

In the movie Hairspray. John Travolta played the protagonist's mom, Edna. Travolta's sex, aka bodily presentation is male, but for the purpose of the movie, his persona was female.

Conversely, Zelda, disguised as Sheik, will always be female. The character she portrays through transformation, though was "male" in OoT/Zelda canon.

We will have to wait and see if Sheik has any role in SSE; it can clarify if the updated feminine design is just a graphical change to make Sheik's female body more apparent or if the Sheik persona is being changed into a "girl" (as there is no purpose in Zelda disguising herself as a guy.)

Zodiac

Smash Master
I like her new model. It's much more feminine...

Her new model has breasts. but besides that, she's officially a girl in smash bros melee and brawl, however in ocarina, there was an official manga that clearly stated that sheik was Zelda turned into a guy. creepy eh?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
That was the point. You *were* supposed to think it was a he. That was the trick. "Oh man it was Zelda afterall." type thing.

Come on people your just repeating whats already been said.
I'm not gonna go into reading the rest of the thread on this debate, I saw the first page just bashing anyone with the concept of Zelda actually transforming into a man as "dumb."

Look, if that's a disguise... WTF? So Zelda magically gets pectoral muscles like crazy (those are not compressed boobs, they are pecs it is extremely clear that is the case), magically grows muscles everywhere else, magically has wider shoulders, magically loses a feminine waist, and has big feet. So yeah, why is it outside the realm of possibilities that she actually transforms into a man when she takes on this guise? What better way to fool people than that? JUST because that is what might be happening, it doesn't make it some kind of ****ed up sexual thing like in a doujinshi. Zelda transforms as Sheik to avoid getting captured, not for some crazy sexual exploration...

That said, I am open to a belief that Sheik is actually genderless as well.

This was all in reference to the Ocarina of Time Sheik, the newer one looks a good deal more feminine, and I haven't seen a good enough picture to really go into the details.

If you want reference pictures here goes:

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Her new model has breasts. but besides that, she's officially a girl in smash bros melee and brawl, however in ocarina, there was an official manga that clearly stated that sheik was Zelda turned into a guy. creepy eh?
Yeah, also Link befriended a baby dragon that later turned into Volvagia. So that wasn't very canonical.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well, in the world of VIDEOGAMES (where Zelda's really from) Sheik's a girl. Deal with it. ;)

You want a male ninja? Start supporting Ryu Hayabusa then, cause apparently a trophy in Melee and Sakurai's word isn't enough for the people in denial.

Sorry people, guess you can't play Naruto here anymore. Sheik's back with new assets to confirm her gender once and for all.

--
Now I'm sooo looking forward to her new recolors.. Will we get a white/black haired Sheik?

Onepost

Smash Rookie
You know Bart Simpson is voice by a girl?
Of course, most young children in cartoons, both male and female are voiced by women. In this case though, I doubt you could have someone with a female voice convince you that they were a man roughly 20 years of age. Unless they had a naturally deeper voice, which I doubt is a feature the makers of a game would attribute to someone as feminine as Zelda.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Ehm, I got an interesting theory regarding Sheiks shape.

I think that they just didn't have enough memory in Ocarina of Time to give her a proper model. Don't think that I'm some psycho, but Zelda's breasts were pretty much 3 polygons each, they were friggin triangles. Having said that, of course they couldn't give Sheik breasts while still keeping the illusion that she might be someone else, that she might be a man.

So they had to overdo it, and keep the model mostly like a male. Hence also the crotch area I guess.

Then they simply copied that model into Smash Bros Melee, Even though by that time they already had the memory to make it look more realistic, they didn't have a reason to because she hadn't appeared in a new Zelda game yet.

Now then, why the more feminine form in Brawl? They finally had both a new use for Sheik (originally planned for Twilight Princess), and they had enough memory to give her a more realistic look.

So ehm, what I'm trying to say is.. I think Sheik was always meant to look this way, a bit more feminine, but not enough to make it obvious that she's Zelda.

Wow, trying to explain that theory really damaged the brain. :ohwell::laugh:
This is flawed entirely, OoT had more than enough free space, if I recall correctly, it had around 4 MB out of it's whole 16 MB size filled with garbage data to take up space, they even went as far as putting some eye textures from Pokemon Stadium in it just to take up space, obviously they could have enough memory for 3 more polygons.

*This is coming from a person who still keeps following, to this day, for any new revelations regarding the Triforce in OoT*

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
LMFAO @ how this thread was supposed to end the debate and instead ignited 9 pages of it. Also, Lol @ everyone's failed "THREAD OVER" attempts. Sorry, no one's argument is going to just crush everything else.

KazenoZ

Smash Apprentice
Ehm, I got an interesting theory regarding Sheiks shape.

I think that they just didn't have enough memory in Ocarina of Time to give her a proper model. Don't think that I'm some psycho, but Zelda's breasts were pretty much 3 polygons each, they were friggin triangles. Having said that, of course they couldn't give Sheik breasts while still keeping the illusion that she might be someone else, that she might be a man.

So they had to overdo it, and keep the model mostly like a male. Hence also the crotch area I guess.

Then they simply copied that model into Smash Bros Melee, Even though by that time they already had the memory to make it look more realistic, they didn't have a reason to because she hadn't appeared in a new Zelda game yet.

Now then, why the more feminine form in Brawl? They finally had both a new use for Sheik (originally planned for Twilight Princess), and they had enough memory to give her a more realistic look.

So ehm, what I'm trying to say is.. I think Sheik was always meant to look this way, a bit more feminine, but not enough to make it obvious that she's Zelda.

Wow, trying to explain that theory really damaged the brain. :ohwell::laugh:
This is flawed entirely, OoT had more than enough free space, if I recall correctly, it had around 4 MB out of it's whole 16 MB size filled with garbage data to take up space, they even went as far as putting some eye textures from Pokemon Stadium in it just to take up space, obviously they could have enough memory for 3 more polygons.

*This is coming from a person who still keeps following, to this day, for any new revelations regarding the Triforce in OoT*

Onepost

Smash Rookie
I'm not gonna go into reading the rest of the thread on this debate, I saw the first page just bashing anyone with the concept of Zelda actually transforming into a man as "dumb."

Look, if that's a disguise... WTF? So Zelda magically gets pectoral muscles like crazy (those are not compressed boobs, they are pecs it is extremely clear that is the case), magically grows muscles everywhere else, magically has wider shoulders, magically loses a feminine waist, and has big feet. So yeah, why is it outside the realm of possibilities that she actually transforms into a man when she takes on this guise? What better way to fool people than that? JUST because that is what might be happening, it doesn't make it some kind of ****ed up sexual thing like in a doujinshi. Zelda transforms as Sheik to avoid getting captured, not for some crazy sexual exploration...

That said, I am open to a belief that Sheik is actually genderless as well.

This was all in reference to the Ocarina of Time Sheik, the newer one looks a good deal more feminine, and I haven't seen a good enough picture to really go into the details.

If you want reference pictures here goes:
THANK YOU. It wouldn't hurt to consider this.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
I know this is going to look extremely immature, but I'm going to do it anyways for the sake of ending the dilemma.

She has B0obs!

Smash Apprentice
Then I probably wasn't talking to you.

Thx 4 explaining urself, tho~
Exactly.

You weren't even discussing the issue of this thread.

Not a single person has argued that Sheik is not Zelda.

Idiot.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
This thread is very nice and much needed. Although I can ses it being moved, lol.

Anywhoo, Sheik has always been female. No question about it. You may believe otherwise if you wish and I won't stop you, but you'll be wrong.

And I think that I can be considered a very reliable source of Zelda franchise information, considering that I spent my entire childhood playing them and still do to this very day.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
That doesn't end the "dilemma." TP Shiek is not OoT Shiek. No matter WHAT people claim, you can't get past the fact that OoT Shiek has a completely different body structure than Zelda's, and one that is also very masculine. This disguise is magical, and thusly you can't shrug off the possibility that she turns into a man. Again, NOBODY would guess a man to be the Princess of Hyrule, it makes a lot of sense.
Anywhoo, Sheik has always been female. No question about it. You may believe otherwise if you wish and I won't stop you, but you'll be wrong.
This is based on what? Show me some kind of proof that Nintendo of Japan officially announced the true gender of OoT Shiek and THEN I'll believe it.
And I think that I can be considered a very reliable source of Zelda franchise information, considering that I spent my entire childhood playing them and still do to this very day.
So has pretty much everyone else in this thread. Stating that you are a "bigger fan" does not make you privy to more information on the matter. Seriously, flaunting your fanboyishness and claiming your opinion is better without evidence is INCREDIBLY ignorant.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Lets look at this, and remember, this is based off of the NEW Sheik, the one meant for TP,

This is Sheik, she has Boobs and an flat crotch.

This is Solid Snake, he doesn't have boobs and has a package.

Sheik binds her boobs so they don't get in the way. As stated earlier by another person, unlike Soul Caliber, having boobs in the way isn't a good way to fight.

As you can see, Snake has no need to bind bis "boobs" because its a buff chest, not boobs.

This Sheik is a Ninja Chick without grotesquely large boobs that stick out like rockets like Soul Caliber making impossible to move without falling face first into the ground.

Thank you.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Okay guys,
If a very effeminate guy gets breast implants and dresses up as a girl, fooling everyone only to pull his pants down and reveal male genitalia your thoughts are probably going to be "OMG You're really a guy!!!" and chances are you won't feel attracted to them as a woman anymore.

Got it?

Smash Ace
Sheik in Brawl is intended to be female. The very fact that Sheik is a transformation of Zelda in Brawl proves, though, that SSBB contradicts (or very liberally adds to) the ideas present in Zelda games.

My stance is that there is no way to tell, in OoT, if Sheik is male or female. Her/His/Its/Potato's body type is far more masculine than Zelda's: look at the chest, the hips, and the arms, though, so it clearly has a magical element. Whether Zelda decided that it was worthwhile to give herself male genitalia or merely some reasonably masculine characteristics is not something I want to think about. Brawl Sheik is not, in any meaningful sense, a Zelda character; she is merely based (loosely, at that) on one. She can be female if she likes.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@Nilok
Read my post. TP Sheik is NOT OoT Sheik. If you wish to compare Snake to Sheik USE THE OoT Sheik!! Just like how TP Link isn't OoT Link! Or is he like Link to the Past Link! OMFG!!

It's not very hard people...

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
@Nilok
Read my post. TP Sheik is NOT OoT Sheik. If you wish to compare Snake to Sheik USE THE OoT Sheik!! Just like how TP Link isn't OoT Link! Or is he like Link to the Past Link! OMFG!!

It's not very hard people...
I saw your post and edited mine realizing that, however Smashboards is having issues and is crashing very often for me. I changed it to state that it is Twilight Princess Sheik, not the OoT Sheik.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
As of now, Sakurai, the Zelda team probably does as well, and Nintendo refers Shiek as a she. I mean, its totally obvious ever since Shiek first revealed that she was actually Zelda in disguise, kind of like how Samus first revealed that she is actually a woman in the original Metroid.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
As of now, Sakurai, the Zelda team probably does as well, and Nintendo refers Shiek as a she.
As of now based on after there isn't any surprise to be had and after they decided to make Sheik obviously female they refer to her as a she. Still, it doesn't answer the question of her true sex in OoT.
My stance is that there is no way to tell, in OoT, if Sheik is male or female. Her/His/Its/Potato's body type is far more masculine than Zelda's: look at the chest, the hips, and the arms, though, so it clearly has a magical element. Whether Zelda decided that it was worthwhile to give herself male genitalia or merely some reasonably masculine characteristics is not something I want to think about. Brawl Sheik is not, in any meaningful sense, a Zelda character; she is merely based (loosely, at that) on one. She can be female if she likes.
Yay! Someone actually sat down, thought about the evidence and drew a conclusion! You rock dude, way to think about issues before deciding on them!

All in all, there is no way to tell unless the creators themselves came out and said it. They haven't done that, so it's up in the air. To make claims that "those who believe in sheik being a guy are dumb" is completely ignorant since we do not know, AND from an anatomical standpoint "she" is very very masculine and has a different body structure from Zelda. Heck, my actual belief is that Sheik is genderless, but that isn't the point.

Most people believe Sheik is a girl because that is what they want to believe. Not really because of the evidence. The few people who have argued the Zelda is a girl case logically and thoroughly have my respect, it's just the idiot fanboys/girls that call others dumb cause they like the game more is who I am not a fan of.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Read This

This topic really needs to come to a head. First and foremost, I'd like to call out "ShadowXOR". No matter how good intensioned you may be in this thread, you're ignorant. You're being rude and arrogant and it doesn't help your argument. Instead of actually reading the replies, you skim over them and make immature comments back - "we have a loser!" wasn't necessary nor was it clever. If you want people to take your seriously, stop acting like a child.

Now, on to the real issue.

The Facts:

- Zelda, the princess in all her glory, is 100% female
- Sheik, the legendary warrior of sheikah lore, is 100% male

Now, don't go snaping back ShadowXOR - let's do something called reading for a moment. Quite a few people have a misconception about "Sheik", assuming that it's some made-up character. This isn't the case - Sheikah lore states that a man named Sheik was actually a legendary warrior for their people. Obviously this "Sheik" man is long since dead during the time of Ocarina or Time. Hence the "legendary".

The Comparison.

Now, the easiest way to get people to understand a concept is to relate it to them with something they are more familiar with. I will attempt to do that right now.

Princess Zelda is a female who is taking on the role and appearance of a male character named Sheik. Again, calm down ShadowXOR, when I refer to "male named Sheik" I'm not talking about Zelda. I'm talking about the legendary warrior. So, as I was saying, Zelda is a female..."cosplaying" as a male named Sheik.

A real worl example of this is obvious, but I'll give a few examples. Drag-queens. I mean those gay men who dress up as women and put on a show. They are men dressed as women - sometimes even specific, famous women like Cher.

In this particular example, Bob (my drag-queen) is obviously a male with male 'parts'. And the famous songstress Cher is obviously a female with lady 'parts'. When Bob decides to dress up as Cher , he is still 100% male and she is still 100% female.

In this case, Bob and Cher are both real people - humans. Just like we as the game player are supposed to assume both Princess Zelda and Legendary Sheik are people real people. What we need to establish is this:

- Bob is the ACTOR, and he's playing the CHARACTER "Cher"
- The real Cher, nor her gender, are affected by this in any way
- Zelda is the ACTOR(actress), and she's playing the CHARACTER "Sheik"
- The real Sheik, nor his gender, are affected by this in any way

SUPER simple, right?

What's the Problem?

Alright, here it is. In order for everyone to agree on a resolution, we all need to understand exactly what the problem is...and unfortunatly it seems that every single person in this thread is on a totally different page and it's confusing as hell.

Question? Is "Sheik" a male or female? Simple question right? Wrong. It should be a simple question, but people don't understand which Sheik we're talking about. Are we asking about the Legendary Sheika named Sheik? Or are we talking about the Princess Zelda while she plays the character of Sheik? And are we talking about literal gender (including all the body parts) or are we only talking about the gender the character attempts to portray?

The Answers, Finally.

- Princess Zelda is a female
- Warrior Sheik is male
- Princess Zelda cosplaying as Sheik....is where the confusion comes in.

Deep down, under those blue rags, Zelda is obviously in there, in spirit, and is a female. This should not be debated. Zelda is a lady and in some form or another, she is inside this Character she is cosplaying as. Why so much confusion? Read below.

In the case presented above, it is obvious that Bob is indeed still 100% even after his costume is on. No matter how much makeup he puts on or how much he stuffs his bra, he's still a guy, both physically and emotionally (well, that's up in the air) on the inside. No question.

With Zelda, it becomes confusing. Zelda is not simply throwing on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, no. Zelda isn't just putting on makeup or covering her true self with material things. Zelda, as evident by her in-game transformation as well as many of her features, is actually physically changing herself. Obviously the only real changes we see (and I'm see going by the Ocarina of Time model) are the eye colour, hair colour and length, and overall musculature. OoT Sheik-Transformation has a much more masculine figure than the princess who is apparently underneith it - pecs intead of breats, tight, muscular man-legs. Heck, the only thing missing is a bulge in the pants (but that could be argued seeing as no one in the Zelda series has a bulge...it's part of the art style). Hence the confusion.

I think a lot of the ignorant people in this thread are the ones like ShadowXOR who think we're talking about ZELDA being a guy. Which isn't the case. We know ZELDA is a female and it's really not that hard to see. What people are getting at is, given what we KNOW Zelda changed about her physical body, how far did she go?

The question is, did she just literally tape her breasts back, dye her hair, get contacts, and work out her back-muscles OR...did she use her magic to actually change her the physical make-up of her body? With OoT's model, it's seems fairly obvious that Zelda went all-the-way with her magic making sure every aspect of her being was male. Right down from her figure to her voice has changed - and it makes total sense.

Zelda disguised herself to save her own life due to Ganondorf hunting her down. And judging by how strong and powerful Ganondorf is, is it really that far of a stretch to think that Zelda would do everything in her power to make sure he'd never recognize her - changing her body and all? Yes, I think she would have. Whether or not she grew herself a ***** has nothing to do with it - hell, maybe she did and maybe she didn't. It doesn't matter unless you're being immature like ShadowXOR or have some weird fetish for unknown genitalia.

The Brawl/Twilight Princess model is a little bit different. It shows female features which would mean that Zelda magically altered her hair and eyes, but not her body... In my opinion, this kind of defeats the purpose of discguising yourself if you're not gonna do a good job of it, but it's Brawl and maybe Twilight Princess Zelda had different motivation than OoT Zelda.

So, the short answer? There is none. On the inside, no matter what she does, Zelda will always be a female mentally and spiritually. Regardless of her physical form, her soul will always be female. Zelda-as-Sheik is just a costume that tends to possibly go a little farther than we're used to in real life.

Conclusion

Read this, grown up, and stop 'cause flame-wars.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think her physical biology matters more than the role she is playing...

She may be playing the part of a man, but her body is definetly a woman's...that's what matters

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
As of now based on after there isn't any surprise to be had and after they decided to make Sheik obviously female they refer to her as a she. Still, it doesn't answer the question of her true sex in OoT.

Yay! Someone actually sat down, thought about the evidence and drew a conclusion! You rock dude, way to think about issues before deciding on them!

All in all, there is no way to tell unless the creators themselves came out and said it. They haven't done that, so it's up in the air. To make claims that "those who believe in sheik being a guy are dumb" is completely ignorant since we do not know, AND from an anatomical standpoint "she" is very very masculine and has a different body structure from Zelda. Heck, my actual belief is that Sheik is genderless, but that isn't the point.

Most people believe Sheik is a girl because that is what they want to believe. Not really because of the evidence. The few people who have argued the Zelda is a girl case logically and thoroughly have my respect, it's just the idiot fanboys/girls that call others dumb cause they like the game more is who I am not a fan of.

All i can say is:

Retcon.

This may be "Twilight Princess Sheik" (only in style since , of course, there was no sheik in twilight princess.)

You are indeed right in pointing out that in his original appearance, Sheik DID look rather manly in design and body musculature. And we don't know what sex did they originally want her to be (at least i don't.) But that is what retconning is for, someone has decided that Sheik is female since melee and every official description (remember that the manga story isn't canon) describes her now as female. And to boot, the trophy states the character's origin in OoT. What better way to say that Sheik was intended as female, leaving aside her weird body build in the original N64 game and illustrations.

D

Deleted member

@Ageman20XX:

LOL you are so gay for writing all of that. I thought it was a funny subject but I don't have that much time to read about some stupid subject none of us really care about that much...or you just care way too much to the point of unhealthiness. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
That doesn't end the "dilemma." TP Shiek is not OoT Shiek. No matter WHAT people claim, you can't get past the fact that OoT Shiek has a completely different body structure than Zelda's, and one that is also very masculine. This disguise is magical, and thusly you can't shrug off the possibility that she turns into a man. Again, NOBODY would guess a man to be the Princess of Hyrule, it makes a lot of sense.

This is based on what? Show me some kind of proof that Nintendo of Japan officially announced the true gender of OoT Shiek and THEN I'll believe it.

So has pretty much everyone else in this thread. Stating that you are a "bigger fan" does not make you privy to more information on the matter. Seriously, flaunting your fanboyishness and claiming your opinion is better without evidence is INCREDIBLY ignorant.
Firstly I would like to say that I see what you're saying, and don't get me wrong that I respect you, but I still have to disagree.

I understand your argument of OoT vs TP Sheik. I don't have much to say to that other than the fact that Link has never chagned genders from title to title, neither has Zelda in her normal form, nor Ganondorf. And with that common sequence in mind I don't see much reason as to why they would bother changing Sheik's gender from title to title either.

And yes, Zelda in OoT was under a magical disguise in the effort to appear male, for the very reason that you mentioned. But as far as I'm conserned, that doesn't change the fact that Sheik is Zelda. If you wish you may pick at this and say, "But Shiek isn't Zelda, Sheik is Sheik," or something to that effect. But that in itself is the line of which most people tend to have their opinions on Sheik's gender differ.

As far as someone claiming Sheik's gender as female from NoJ... isn't Sakurai part of NoJ? And he called Sheik a "her" in the update today. =] Works for me. I should hope that works for you but if not please tell me why.

On my last point, I would ask of you to please not take what I say out of context again. I never claimed to be a bigger fanboy than anyone else here, nor did I ever say that what I had to say is more credible than what others have to say. I merely said that I think poeple might want to listen to what I have to say on the matter.

I have looked at plenty of evidence before and I never did simply jump to conclusion that Sheik is female. Did I want to have to make some huge explanation in my first post? No, so I didn't.

As far as OoT Sheik's gender is concerned, her trophy in Melee bluntly states her to be a she, while also claiming to be the OoT version. I beleive that is relatively good evidence.

(I'm really hoping that this comes out the way I wanted it to the first time. x.x. Typed it freakin' twice on the Wii and the internet decided to be mean and make it all get lost... so this is my 3rd time typing it, this time on a real computer.)

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
People who argue about persona are just being lame and trying to argue for the sake of arguing. We all know the persona of sheik is supposed to be a man. But its not. Why? Well, after link (and the gamers) learned that sheik was zelda in disguise the male persona disappeared completely.

Sheik technically is female since its zelda under those clothes. But remember children, a disguise does not change your gender. I can put on a skirt and call myself lucy all day, but my balls don't suddenly disappear.

Example. You are dating a beautiful woman named Beth. You guys are in very much in love. One day, she tells you her dirty little secret.

"Bob, I have a secret! Im schizophrenic and I have MPD."
"What does that mean?"
"That means I have multiple personalities."
"Well ok, we can work that out baby."
"Ok, but theres something else."
"What is it?"
"I was born a man....and my real name is mike......The"Beth" you know and love is just one of my many personalities."

Now, would anyone of you be upset about this news? After all, you've been kissing "mike" for a few months now....You even took Mike/Beth to meet your parents.

Well, now you guys see how silly it is to argue persona. No matter what, Mike is still a man. He may think hes a girl....he may want to be a girl. But he was born a man and just because his MPD tells him hes a woman it doesnt change a dang thing. The persona of Beth is supposed to be a woman, but it is a man once another person knows about it.

Now, who here would STAY with mike/beth....despite the information told?

And as a closer. A little excerpt from OOT"

Sheik brings her hands in front of her. The Triforce symbol appears in the Sheikah's left hand, and the bottom left Triforce part glows.

There is a flash of white light, and in Sheik's place now stands a seventeen year old Princess Zelda, in full royal regalia.

"It is I, the Princess of Hyrule, Zelda. I apologize for meeting you in disguise, but it was necessary to hide from the King of Evil. Please forgive me.."

Fonz

Smash Ace
Wow play OoT, Zelda is the same person as Sheik. They're both females. This is beyond silly. So OoT Sheik is flat and athletic, it's not hard to find other women athletes like that. It's a disguise, not a new person.

spindash

Smash Ace
Sheik's a woman disguised as a man, this was all in an effort to thwart Ganondorf's attempts to find Princess Zelda over seven years.

End discussion. :p

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Sheik is Zelda hence Female, if you want proof try completeing the Spirit Temple last, Sheik takes off clothes and looks like Zelda, then lastly gets captured (no duh) OoT is my reference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom