• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I hate the new Final Destination

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hate it because it has those dam hang-over ledges that trap characters using up B moves. I can't tell you how many times I got gimped with Dedede because I got stuck and had to waste 2 or 3 jumps to get out thus wasting my momentum.

The best thing about this new FD is the music, the new design can go to hell.

/rant

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I still play on FD but it's really annoying to see a good match end early because the stage took a stock. I avoided battlefield in melee for that reason. Smashville is my new FD.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Battlefield is my new FD lol.

BF and FD switched
FD does not have floating platforms, though. =/

I don't mind it so much myself, but I don't main a character that has problems getting stuck under it.

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind it because now you have a risk for being under the stage where it's harder for your opponent to jump down and hit you.

And yeah I've gotten killed by it plenty of times. Oh well :p

pockyD

Smash Legend
unless someone actually hits you under the stage, you aren't getting stuck unless you just failed to recover properly

dbrawler209

Smash Rookie
I hated FD for the same reason, and I made a solution.

I also didn't like it because I have 3 siblings and we play smash all the time, and FD is too small.

So I just remade it in Stage Builder on Large with the same music. Then I just took blocks and made a horizontal line until there was no more room. Simple. Now when we play it is a lot more fair, FS aren't as superior, and we have room to charge beams, get items, edgeguard, taunt, etc.

Zyphent

Smash Apprentice
Meh blame yourself not the stage. I think FD is glorious. The hang over edges are just something you have to learn to work around.

Agreed.

FD still serves its purpose as the flat stage we've all come to know and overuse, but because of a new mechanic within it you quit it altogether? Work around it, or make yourself a FD of your own.

Blaming stages wont get you anywhere, work around the stages shortcomings, or better yet, work them to your advantage.

tenyearwarranty

Smash Apprentice
Because of the auto sweetspot mechanic the ledge actually puts some difficulty in recovery. I don't see a problem, to be honest I wished more stages had ledges so that recovery isn't so stupid friendly.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I almost forgot I made this thread. I played on FD a couple times and it still happened especially with Snake and Ike. I worked around it and I still don't like FD.

P.S It happened to some dude in spectator mode just now, pretty funny.

Caturdayz

Smash Journeyman
Well every character, excluding maybe Snake and Pit will run into this problem... Don't diss a whole level just because of it.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Well, the new sides have gotten me a few times, but it's more the fact you can't hug the stage and recover that is annoying.

But the background, music, and shininess of the stage definately make up for that. :ohwell:

Since I main Wolf, you can imagine how hard recovering can be on the new Final Destination at times. :p

But it would've been worse if they brought back Melee Final Destination. That one has flat ledges. @_@

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I think the old FD was destroyed during the melee days and lost all its color...
aka I think the old FD is the Wifi waiting room stage

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
If someone counterpicks FD pick someone else if it causes that much trouble. Besides that, you can just ban FD alltogether.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If you don't like this Final Destination, then you must also have issues with Melee's and 64's too. They're relatively the same.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
I have no problem with final destination. and its the same with all the players.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Then create a straight line in stage builder. Easy enough.
But the same thing can happen.

I don't like the new FD either for that reason. Smashville is probably the best substitute for FD. Nothing happens, and that one platform is always moving, so it doesn't have to become part of the match, unlike BF (there is no way in hell anyone is staying on the ground if they play on BF).

Edit: Smashville also has a song that's just as epic as FD's song. K.K. Rider! =D

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I hate Final Destination... but only because people online ALWAYS choose it and I find it sooooooo boring. ^^; I never really died from it... maybe once or twice but it's not really a problem for me. ^^;

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's called a twist. A twist that involves skill to get around. Melee's Final Destination was way overrated. Flat, boring, and the least balanced of the neutral stages (hint: Roy vs. Fox is not balanced; you have to be retarted to think so). It was overrated, and favorite spamming charactesr (space animals) and characters with tether recoveries over heavy characters with moderate/slow speed attacks. Now, get around it, and learn to work with it. In time, you'll get used to it. It just takes the ability to adapt. If you can't adapt, you ca't win. If you don't like that, you can go make a (boring) flat stage, if that's what you want in Stage Builder.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
It's called a twist. A twist that involves skill to get around. Melee's Final Destination was way overrated. Flat, boring, and the least balanced of the neutral stages (hint: Roy vs. Fox is not balanced; you have to be retarted to think so). It was overrated, and favorite spamming charactesr (space animals) and characters with tether recoveries over heavy characters with moderate/slow speed attacks. Now, get around it, and learn to work with it. In time, you'll get used to it. It just takes the ability to adapt. If you can't adapt, you ca't win. If you don't like that, you can go make a (boring) flat stage, if that's what you want in Stage Builder.
I like how you tell us these things, but offer no examples or support to back it up. >.<

These variations in stages, or 'twists, as you referred to it, differ, obviously, per stage. Some stages have 'twists' that aren't so bad as to earn them a spot in the Neutral Stages list, while others shoot them down into the Banned Stages list. For example, in Melee, Yoshi's Island had a little cloud that circles the bottom area of the stage. This could, sometimes, save your life and even, however rare, win a match. Now this 'twist' isn't so bad as to make the stage a Banned Stage, but the rest of the stage was nice. So it became a neutral. On the other hand, if you take a stage like Flat Zone, the 'twist' becomes something that could easily, and often does, sway the results of a match. For example, the tools that fall from the sky could easily kill the guy with a high percent who is trying to up his chances of winning by camping. I just thought I'd elaborate on the idea about your 'twists' a little bit. You can't really say that a stage is good or bad just because it has or doesn't have a 'twist.' You have to take into account the numerous possibilities that a variation could offer and the detrimental potential the variations contain. Sometimes the randomness factor of one such variation is too high for use in competitive play, so it isn't really determined by whether or not you have the 'skill' to overcome it.

What do you mean by 'spamming' characters? Not sure how spacies are spamming... spamming 'what', exactly? >.>

I don't see how the Melee FD favors characters with tether recoveries. If anything, FoD offers some great opportunities for 'tether' characters, namely Samus (surviving from the bottom of the stage without a jump isn't that difficult.)

It seems like you're summing up all the characters by saying 'spamming,' characters with tether recoveries, and 'moderate/slow' characters. What about C. Falcon? Marth? They do superbly at FD. As for moderate/slow characters, I've seen a few Ganons do pretty well at FD.

Adapting to stages lol. Is the flatness of FD not something to adapt to? Just some things for you to think about.

As for the differences between the Melee and Brawl FDs..

Brawl's has a hangover ledge. Like wtf. In Melee's, the wall below the edge goes down a generous distances - wall hugging was extremely easy. In Brawl, on the other hand, the wall below the ledge stops very short then curves in towards the center, creating an empty space for you to UpB right into and die.

I, for some reason, found the look and design of the Melee FD much more relaxing. The Brawl one annoys me somehow. That's just preference though.

K I'm done with posting cuz I'm bored. Think about the things I said.

XxHennersXx

Smash Cadet
64 doesn't have a Final.....Or dOeS it!?!??! :psycho:
With a gameshark you can actually play as master hand, and the polygon team and metal mario.

You can play on metal mario stage.

you can play on Polygon Team stage, this became known as "battle field"

800A4D09 000E

You can play on the "how to play' stage with

800A4D09 000B

There's two more dreamland levels that got cut, and a few other interesting ones.

There is a code to play on FD from Master Hand's story mode, but it's glitchy.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
And Icicle Mountain is much better? Every character has it's pros and cons and as long as the match isn't a ditto one character will have a better chance at winning based on the stage.

I am getting around it, but every so often it gimps a stock. You win some, you lose some.I can't be bothered to build a Melee FD. I might try to when I'm bored but other than that it's not on my to-do list.

You make it sound like I only play tournament legal stages. Just a few minutes ago I was playing on The summit. The only stages I don't play on are Mario Bros. [the screen stretch hurts my eyes], Rumble falls [I wanna fight not jump and hope my opponent kills himself] and 75m [too many hazards, too big, too many ledges, bad music and it's just one ugly stage]. I play all kinds of stages but sometimes I just want a stage that doesn't have some gimmick that kills you. FD's is subtle but it's still there.

Why do people make it sound like I want FD banned? I'm just saying that the stage gimps you sometimes and it's annoying but I still play on it from time to time. Maybe hate was a strong word but that's just how I feel about getting gimped.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I hate it when people *ONLY* play FD. I did a series of games against some kid who only played as Pit (poorly) and only wanted FD. The new Star Fox map is nice.

Top Bottom