• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I dream with Smash

Coselm

Smash Ace
I have smash dreams all of the time. Just recently I had one where there was like hundreds of characters...

And I played as dark fox... And I could change directions with fox illusion and fire fox in the middle of it and aim them in any direction.

Smash dreams are the best but unfortunately I wake up and have to go to school when all I want to do is go play Melee to satisfy my cravings...

marcus0103

Smash Apprentice
I have them a lot, sometimes I can control them like lucid dreams (think thats what it's called). Most of the time, my friend and I are just going through the SSE until I wake up very disappointed.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I had multiple dreams about smash

1. This was long before brawl was announced, and there were posters for a game called "SUPER SMASH BROS. 3" And it had a picture of a black army man on it. I went and bought the game, and everything after that was a blur.

2. This was still long before brawl was announced, and I had another dream about a 3rd smash bros., and this one actually made slightly more sense. I was watching a trailer for SSB3 (although it was never named). It was to the tune of the fountain of dreams stage, and it showed a bunch of attacks and yells to the tune of the song. From what I remember, wario was in it (in his classic wario look), and he had an attack where he ground-pounds the earth and giant pillars of rock came up on random spots in the stage. There was also a tall, bishie-swordsman with hair that went down to his legs, that was supposed to be from fire emblem (this was back when the only thing I knew about FE was from melee) who summoned items from the sky. And lastly, a giant robot was playable. But he was so huge, you could only see it's legs.

3. Still a while before brawl was announced, I saw a smash bros. adventure game called "Super smash bros. adventures." it was a traditional 3d platformer with flashy special moves.

4. Still before brawl was announced, I had a dream that a much, much taller and more lanky version of kirby was in melee. (now that I think about it, he shared a bit of resemblance to sukapon. Coincidence?)

5. Right after brawl was announced and I was freakin' psyched. I just dreamed about the brawl trailer. nothing was changed, I suppose I watched it so much, it got subconsciously stuck in my head.

6. a good while after brawl was announced, I had a dream about a new brawl trailer. It had deoxys, ray 01, diddy kong, and sonic. It was awesome. I was extremely disappointed when i found out it was a dream.

7. very, very long after brawl was announced, I saw some more SE cutscenes. Strangely, all the characters talked in it. One of the cutscenes had ness in it, and I remember going "aw man, that might mean lucas isn't in it :("
coincidentally, Lucas was announced the next week. Lucky me.

8. I had a dream where I was typing a post about my smash-related dreams on dec 4th.......
hey, you can never be too sure, right?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
a while ago i dreamnt that i was either at E for All, or was looking at a video/picture of the character select screen. Pink Panther was playable.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I know a lot of people lie about their dreams to make them sound more interesting, but I wanted to share my short and concise dream about brawl to anyone who wanted to read about it.

We (me and QDVS) had just gotten the game and were sitting in my room, and we turned it on. We noticed there were a ton of minigames to play, and picked one at random. Immediately, a bunch of little green boxes with mouths came chomping towards my character (Ike), and before I could jump out of the way, it said "Failed" in bold blue letters. Then QDVS said that I sucked and took the Wii mote+nun chuk away from me. Then I woke up.

Sorry if that dream sucked. At least it was a real dream :).

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I haven't had any in a while. They were more frequent back when the Dojo was still building hype and actually updating with actual updates.

But I had one a week or two ago about a second Earthbound newcomer being revealed. The only things I remember was him wearing Jedi-styled robes and that one of his special moves was shooting hamburgers. In other words, it wasn't actually an Earthbound character. ...I think.

Then I had one just a few nights ago that the demo was released. They added a completely stupid game mode (aside from the ones shown on the Dojo) that was essentially like a 3D Sonic game on short race courses. They also added a TON of Sonic characters; in fact it was more like Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games than it was Brawl.

Knuckles looked kind of cool, they actually textured on spines and gave him a more "real" snout. It sounds goofy but it looked great in my dream...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I've been having these weird dreams lately, in which I actually OWN SSBB, but the characters were relatively easy to unlock, and yet nothing seemed strange about it.

Not only that, but there were characters that I've never seen, and yet I knew them....

Also, the 4 Links from "The Legend of Zelda: Four Sword Adventures" were playable characters.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I got up around 6 in the morning but kind of dozed off and went into a part sleep and imagine i was checking the update (as i do normaly) and it had 6+ interviews and all kinds of new info. I was thinking, this would be good to listen to at work today. Later when I got up I realized it was just a dream. Though I kept checking the update thinking there'd be more and then i'd remember it was a dream. Not sure what update it was, just a simple one like TV ratio or something.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I had a Smash Dream last night, it was kinda interesting...

I was playing a free-for-all on a yet to be announced forest/mountain-like stage with classic Zelda music playing, I think I was playing as Link and I was fighting Ike, another Link (wearing the Zora Armor from TP), and apparently one of the playable female characters from the canceled Star Fox 2 for SNES... I forget their names, but it would be kinda funny if one of them really did make it in over Krystal :laugh:

Boa

Smash Cadet
I lost to a Hispanic man in my dream. He only lost two out of five stock. :(

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
gonna sound like a loser but ive dreamnt of playing brawl alotan yes i even had one with master chief teaming up wit yoshi
f'n bizarro man

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I had a dream I was playing create-a-stage in Brawl. The music was the same as the bonus stage where you knock the trophies into the hole >_>

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
i had a dream i was playing in my schools theater and my teacher had put down the fire screen to project brawl onto it. It was pretty much like playing brawl, but movie theater style. then it ended and i wanted to cry

Weed

Smash Lord
I recently had a Brawl dream, where I could be any character I wanted.. I picked Gordon Freeman.. screwed up.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I had several dreams. Roy being superb graphic-wise, and playable....Geno and Megaman being PCs (confirmed) at the same time (It was a 5 update in one; Geno confirmed, Geno enters the Brawl, Geno's moveset [full], Megaman confirmed, and Megaman enters the Brawl), me building several stages, etc. Such things get my as hyped at this update!

YESSS! Staffy repped (and not PC, since I hate Japan-only PCs)+Waluigi as a awsome assist trophy! SKRAI, I <3 YOU! :)

Ger-Bah

Smash Rookie
I love having Brawl dreams, they're fun! It's like I'm playing it, but I'm not...

I posted one in another thread, but here's the short version of it: I was in the future for some reason, and my first thought was to buy Brawl. At the store there were roughly 4 expansions I think for Brawl, and they were all used (had that familiar yellow sticker). Also there was a Wii 2, with it's own new Smash Bros. for it. I bought all of it, and popped in... I think one of the expansions. Yeah, because it said Klonoa was playable in it. Anyway, I started the SSE mode, and I had to play as Spyro... The Dragon... I was on the Halberd, and I remember it being kinda grim and dark... And difficult. Then I fought the boss, who was Klonoa, and I remember constantly thinking "this is how I'm supposed to unlock him!" I woke up sometime later.

Another one, all I can remember was I was a theatre when they announced Optimus Prime for Brawl, and I was telling some of my friends that it made sense because of that DreamMix TV whatever. Which it really didn't.

Lastly I don't remember anything except for I was playing it, and it was loads of fun. I think Klonoa was playable in it as well, but it was a really vivid experience... That I can't remember... Fun while it lasted!

Ah. If only everyone could have their own "dream" Brawl (not literally the ones you dreamed of, but wanted).

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Yea, Dreaming about Brawl happens to me pretty often, usually I dream about the dojo though.

Like Last night I dreamt that when I checked the Dojo, a castlevania character was confirmed! They didn't say which character from castlevania it was, but there was going to be one. Also I remeber in strangely vivid detail, a part of the text, it read,

"Yes that's right, this is the last third party character, there's not gonna be a bomber man in Brawl, sorry guys. The castelvania character will be designed by the top artists who worked on the Pokemon silver and Diamond games! They are to put their own spin on castlevania."

The screenshot was really wierd, it looked like Skrai went to microsoft paint and cut two random screen shot's from pokemon and castlevania in half, and then put them together. It was quite strange.

Also I had a dream a week ago where I was playing waluigi, and I was really really good with him. The only move I remeber however is his forward air, in which he extended his leg and kicked, kinda like samus's fair.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I've had a few smash dreams before:

In the first one I was playing brawl and I was looking at the character the screen, except it didn't have boxes with characters pictures you just pressed the left or right buttons to scroll through the character pictures, The characters I saw were

Homer Simpson
Michael Jordan
Andy from advance wars

Not very realistic, except andy

The second dream I was playing a battle in brawl and the characters that were in the battle were:

Link
Marth
Roy
Bomberman

They were fighting on what looked a bit like the hyrule temple stage in the original smash bros, except it had a grey carpet going down the middle.

The third dream I had was me looking at the dojo site and seeing a large list of new playable characters on one update, the Characters I saw were

Baby Mario & Baby luigi
Krystal
Some creatures labled as pokemon but the looked more like something from yu-gi-oh.

I find it strange that I have no particular want for Andy, Baby mario and baby luigi or Roy to be in brawl (hadn't even thought of them much till I had the dreams) Dreams are strange things.....

Conner

Smash Journeyman
I just had a dream yesterday. It was so weird. It was an odd area. It was a small platform on
the left, a long bridge that doesn't connect to the left platform but does connect to a larger
platform on the right. It looked like this.

#######
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~########

# = solid platforms
~ = pass through platforms

It seemed like it was in a volcano area with lava on the bottom. I was playing as Sonic and
fighting Ike and Dractyl. Dractyl is a Chaoctic creature that look like this :

It was a large bird thing about the size of Bowser. I remember it being a 3 stock match.
it came down to Dractyl and me and I turned into Super Sonic and won! Why a chaotic
monster was in my dream I do not know. Dreams are weird sometimes.

EDIT : I can't get the picture to come up at all. It is a large red bird. kinda like
a pterodactyl

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
Once, I dreamed that Aliens came from the future to give me Brawl. I turned the Wii on, then picked Brawl on the menu, then just as I pressed Start.. My mom woke me up.

Then, I dreamt that I got Brawl on December 3rd, because the delay was to build hype, and gamestop made a mistake and shipped mine out. I became the most popular person on the internet. (I dreamt this on the night of the 2nd)

Then, I dreamt that I was playing Brawl, and the first thing I did was check to see if the Samurai Panda Conspiracy Theoracy was true. The characters were organized by franchise for some reason. (Mario Characters, Mother Characters, Zelda Characters, Etc..)

I also dreamt once that I was playing Subspace Emissary as Ridley.

NastyMcMean

Smash Apprentice
O.K. I think my story is one of the weirdest yet...

I am not a huge gamer the only games i play on a semi consistant basis are Melee and Counter-strike;source. In CSS i am almost always a Scout (sniper(underestamated)) and so i was playing and i killing someone and he said "OMFG KILLED WITH A PEESHOOTER" and that was the last thought i had before i fell asleep along with brawl (nm to do on vacation so i was thinking about games). In my dream i was diddy kong in counterstrike brawl style with a pee shooting sniper rifle. It was like css from a third person shooter prespective and i remember haveing this crazy fire fight with snake, my dream just had this really weird atmosphere.

ChristoCracker

Smash Rookie
i had a dream that Peach was using her final smash, but everyone woke up instantaneously, i was in shock until i woke up and realized it was a dream.... lol :D :D :D

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I had a dream that the father/son from the BK commercial (whopper/whopper jr) were playable ala' Ice Climbers, but I was mad because there was only 6 characters.

Whopper/Whopper Jr.
Mario
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong with a cowboy hat
and
a pitch black mii-thingy,

that dream sucked, I think it should be called a nightmare.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
It was a double dream. But...here it goes. :chuckle:

First dream - Mario and Kirby were standing in the Quad of my school, then this flying robot came from the skies. Kirby was in his Bomb costume. He threw bombs at it and aided Mario by giving him some too. Woke up but fell asleep and Dream number two came up. It was short. :dizzy:

Second dream - Fox (Oddly enough, he was in his Blue recolored costume, like the one in" Team Healer") came out of the skies and onto a field where Yoshi and Pikachu were being chased by Subspace monsters. Apparently, a screen showed up (In the gametrailers movie of subspace, it shows that character selection before a battle), so this character selection popped up and the selection went to Pikachu (I don't know why, it chose by itself!) and right away, Fox uses Fox Illusion to save Pikachu while Yoshi, unfortunately, gets stamped by one of the Subspace enemies. Then I woke up.

I had more before this one, but they were all very unclear.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I'm having frequently dreams about Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
As for example I dreamed about an odd boss in the Adventure Mode:
I was running through a room where there were a Famicon, a Super Famicon, a Nintendo 64, a Game Cube and a Wii in the background. No obstacles apparently. But as I reached the edge of the room the door closed in front of me and the five consoles transformed into robots.
I fought and beated them all, apparently, but then then they rised back and assembled into one bigger robots, which I beated too and then it exploded and splitted in the trophies of the five consoles.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Diddy Kong and Fox run into and have to fight against Ganondorf. =]

Favorite confirmed team facing off against my favorite villian...

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
I had a new one last night.

I was browsing the forum, and some guy was trying to pass off Melee footage as Brawl footage.

The footage started at the WARNING: CHALLENGER APPROACHING screen, then Fox was fighting against Falco. Then I woke up.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I actually had a dream lasat night where I was at a tournament fighting against a PKMN Trainer. It was me and him in the finals and I was playing as Zelda on Frigate Orpheon...

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
I dreamed that Tails from Sonic and Mario @ Olympic Games was in Brawl.

I'm not joking, propeller tail was his up + B.
His FS had something to do with his plane.

Then after that I dreamed about a girl I liked.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I had a dream about SSBB not to long ago, it was in early December. Note this is a crazy dream that will never ever ever happen ever in history of fighting games. Not in the future either.

I dreamed I was playing as my dog against my other dog. I think I was unlocking my other dog, he was like sonic, but faster. (He is way faster than sonic, its the real deal. He zips around like a nut bar) The dog I was using was like Mario. Not fast, but powerful. (These dogs are small. Miniature poodle sized) I remember battling on a Nintendogs stage. It was the park, and you would battle on Frisbees. I remember getting the smash ball and it was just hilarious. I used a super bite, then threw a bone off the ledge and the other dog jumped off the ledge after the bone. XD This is very true, believe it or not I remember my dreams exceptionally well. There was more too it, but it was a looong dream. I fell asleep early, probably like 10. I think I woke up at 12PM (the next day)(Also, in other words, around noon)

Tpoto

Smash Cadet
I dreamt I was playing as pit in the SSE and then in my dream i was lake WTF? GO CHECK OUT THE ROSTER! And last night a dreamt Diddy's over b was his pistols...that was it...

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
omg yes i have. From what i can remember somehow i went to some1s house that had it and i was playing SSE and i kept losing even on easy >.>"" wasnt very vivid so there wasnt much more o.o

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
-Mario riding Yoshi was a playable character and shown on a re-vamped Mute City stage.
-Fox was moving in 3-D in the Lylat Crusie stage
-My friend's dad (a huge geek btw) stole Brawl from the printing press and gave it to me (Olimar was playable, and I think Krystal)
-One update confirmed 3 characters, but I couldn't make out who they were in my dream. All I knew was that they were terrible third parties and had no place in Brawl (I think one of them was the Hulk <_<)

I'm sure I've had more, but they escape me now...

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
"I find it strange that I have no particular want for Andy, Baby mario and baby luigi or Roy to be in brawl (hadn't even thought of them much till I had the dreams) Dreams are strange things....."

Your dreams are telling you someting man! You really do want Roy lol!

Noa.

Smash Master
I had two dreams.
The first, they made a smash game for the DS. The starter roster was so long, it became a list, divided by the series. I remember pokemon had like 10 reps, and one of them was Nidorino. I picked him, not that I like him, and it went to a loading screen, and my dream ended.
The second, was I was at my freinds home, yet he moved to Puerto Rico, even though he is not Hispanic. I honestly asked myself this question. " Is this a dream, because if it is, this is ****ed up?" I went into the character roster, and all of the boxes but Pit's were question marks. I picked Pit, and I was on Yoshi's island, fighting Pokemon Trainer. Then the dream ended.
When one does not have Brawl, one can only dream about it.

Top Bottom