• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Shino Stalling still works. Sheik now has a lower SH, at least from what I experienced, which should allow for a better aerial game.
Side B sucks in enemies and lasts for a fair while, so I think it could get good use in edgeguarding. Uair is a multihit, like Samus, with a smash hitbox at the end. dair is Brawl dair. Dthrow is melee dthrow, fthrow has incredible knockback like all throws in smash4. Fsmash has kill potential.

Overall, I think Sheik is better than ever.

Last edited:

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
Shino Stalling still works. Sheik now has a lower SH, at least from what I experienced, which should allow for a better aerial game.
Side B sucks in enemies and lasts for a fair while, so I think it could get good use in edgeguarding. Uair is a multihit, like Samus, with a smash hitbox at the end. dair is Brawl dair. Dthrow is melee dthrow, fthrow has incredible knockback like all throws in smash4. Fsmash has kill potential.

Overall, I think Sheik is better than ever.
Wait, Melee dthrow? As in God throw?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I didn't get to experiment a lot with it, but as far as I noticed the angle of the throw and knockback was very similar.
Don't take my word for granted.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
150% ain't bad. Brawl Sheik was lucky to kill at ... 180% or so?
Depending on how things went Sheik could kill from as early as 90-110% (ish) with proper ftilt decay into usmash to the worst being improper decay of Nair, vanish, usmash(side hit not tipper) and bair which would be 170-190%. When I did fail to get a good gimp or tipper usmash off against someone like De3 I would wait until 150% before I would even think about killing again.

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik will be top tier. I guarantee it.
Knock back on a sand bag has always been very different then from regular characters but with that said I'm probability going to watch this video like 30 times.Also the guy yell out 'this can combo' at pretty much everything which I don't believe it could. Mad hype though.

...I hate to say this but Sheik is looking almost too good, like now I'm afraid they are going to nerf her. ~sighs~ Well it's better to work down then up, hopefully the balancers will be too busy to pay much attention to Sheik so she can ninja her way to top tier again.

Last edited:

Xeiros

Smash Cadet
How far into development have they tweaked individual character specifications in previous titles? Do we even know?

There's a little less than 3 months until the game launches in Japan. Note that a game is often finished a certain period of time before street date. They don't finish game development the day before a game's street date working till the last possible minute. It's finished well before then. I'd imagine there's an internal development deadline the public is not made privy to.

For example Mario Kart 8 was completed well over a month before it was actually shipped to stores prior to the street date. Various gaming media outlets and a certain YouTube users had the final build of the game many weeks prior to its actual public release.

3 dates. The date the final build is completed internally, the date game is shipped to retailers, and the actual street date. Only that last one is what's three months away meaning it doesn't actually have three months of development time left.

That's why while I could see minor (I want to empathize the world minor) changes, but not major ones at this stage in development. It's just infeasible.

Last edited:

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Someone else made the point that the work on the demo had to have started more than one day before e3 obviously, so the state of the game that we see might already be 2-3 months behind what they currently have in development.

I really don't want to prematurely celebrate because stuff like frame data and numbers are probably the most likely to constantly get adjusted and played around with, but seriously current grenade, bf and needles status gets me hyped. Cannot wait to experiment with the first two from what we've seen.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I do hope that there are new characters I want to play or old veterans who weren't great in any of the previous games that are now viable...

But Sheik was my main in Melee, so I'm not gonna be upset about being able to use her again. So frustrating to play her in Brawl... it's always like almost good, but not really, cuz you just can't KO. And the things to do in Melee that were so fun don't work at all.

Also yes, the demo build is not 3 months out from release/2 months from going gold or whatever. There are even inconsistencies between it and footage from the April Direct, so it might be from March.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ever since I heard during the Treehouse stream that her Down B can Meteor people, my excitement to play Sheik has shot through the roof. I can't wait to find out if I can rack up 30%-50% damage and then end the combo with her D-B and just Meteor fools into the abyss. IIRC, her F-tilt alone built 30% on Little Mac in that video that VG Bootcamp posted about her moveset.

I really think that Sheik will be competing for Top Tier this time around (a nice return to her Melee Level) along with Greninja, Kirby, DK, ZSS, Rosalina, Lucario, and hopefully Bowser and Mario.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really wanted Sheik cut from this game (in favor for Impa) but seeing all these nice things she has gained, I might give her a few tries again. She after all was a strong secondary in both Melee and Brawl. Impa is still cooler though. And Diddy will forever be my first main.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
It'sRainingGravy was nice enough to collect the data on how much damage each attack does in the game on the 3DS. We should all like his thread for his dedication.
http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...haracter-moveset-videos.358689/#post-16930770

Sheik

Jab 1: 2%
Jab 2: 3%
Rapid Jab: 1%(x8)
Final Jab: 3%
Jab Combo: 16% total

Ftilt: 4%
Utilt: 5% first hit, 6% second hit -> 11% total
Dtilt: 8%
Dash Attack: 6%

Fsmash (Full Charge): 6% first hit, 12% second hit -> 18% total
Usmash (uncharged): 11% second hit
Usmash (Full Charge): 21% first hit, 16% second hit -> 37% total (!!!)
Dsmash (Full Charge, front hitbox): 5% first hit, 9% second hit -> 14% total (only did 13% in the video)

Nair: 8% [7%]. Sex kick did 5%.
Fair: 9% [7%]
Uair: 1%(x?%)
Dair: 8% (landing hitbox does an additional 2% damage)
Bair: 10% (11% sweetspot)

Needles: 2%(x6) = 12% total
Vanish: 12%
Bouncing Fish: 9%
Grenades: 13% (pulls people towards it)

Thoughts: Sheik jab combo does a insane amount of damage! Out of that list of characters Sheik does the most damage with her jab combo which makes me think. With the removal of Smash DI and the addition of what seem to be inescapable jab combos doesn't that make Sheik Jab arguably her best option?

It's our fastest attack, works at any percentage, can't be escaped, can't be sidestepped, it's range in Brawl was almost as long as her ftilt, it acts as a kill move in the later percents, can have it's timing mixed up to punished attempted shield grabs (aka semi safe on shield) and now does more damage then our smash attacks. This isn't even taking into account it's priority which in my opinion was fairly decent in Brawl.

The only reasons why you would use any other move now is because there a chance you will do more damage in a combo/string or it will put you in advantage positions (like throwing them off stage or putting them above you)

I think the biggest positive for a jab centered Sheik though would be that it helps save her smash attacks and aerials for killing which will help Sheik killing problems a bit now that using dsmash and nairs for damage isn't worth it. I have a feeling playing the 3DS is going to make me a better Sheik main because with the lack of C stick I will be force to break the habit of using my 'oh ****' dsmash whenever I could instead of turning around to Ftilt/jab.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dat ****ing Up Smash damage.

Be prepared for nerfs.

lRasha

Smash Apprentice
They might nerf it. I also thought about the likelihood of pulling off a charged USmash though. You'd have a better chance at doing it in a 4-man match.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
From I've seen Played and Heard Its Sheik that's going to be in SS Tier time around. All her aerials cancel out Her Grenade pulls people in for combo's Side Tilt and Fair come out almost instantly Bouncing Fish is similar to Mac's Jolt Haymaker but without the protection of No damage being taken from projectile also Bouncing Fish bounces you back quite a bit which I think you can cancel out of and run and throw Burst grenade to suck them in then do a pummel To rack up some damage Then say do Back Throw and try to into Down B or Side B so its really easy to do devastating Combos with Sheik Glad she is getting some Love this time around!
EDIT: Needles Also Auto Cancel like Melee:sheikmelee:
EDIT : Bouncing Fish is also a Spike if you use it in the air:4sheik:

Last edited:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I know this is a bit random but... Does anyone feel that Sheik is in more pictures then normal? She might not be in as many pictures as say Mario but I feel she's in a lot.

Jarelo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarelo
I know this is a bit random but... Does anyone feel that Sheik is in more pictures then normal? She might not be in as many pictures as say Mario but I feel she's in a lot.
Maybe it has to do with the fact that she/he is a separate character this time around, which can almost be considered 'new'. Showing the new(ish) characters on the PotD is a great way to keep the audience interested and engaged, or else what's the point of showing stuff we already know about?

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
One notable thing I was considering was how far her grenades can go off stage. Especially if you jump first. With the timing it takes for the grenades to explode sheik still has time to move. With a vacuum explosion, a spike, quick attacks and even needles to her disposable Sheik has some really good gimp options this time around. Nevertheless a lot of characters have decent enough recovery to where they don't even have to touch the ledge.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
One notable thing I was considering was how far her grenades can go off stage. Especially if you jump first. With the timing it takes for the grenades to explode sheik still has time to move. With a vacuum explosion, a spike, quick attacks and even needles to her disposable Sheik has some really good gimp options this time around. Nevertheless a lot of characters have decent enough recovery to where they don't even have to touch the ledge.
Bouncing Fish is also a great edge guarding tool if you hit the enemy at the right time

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I need to make myself excited for new smash but imma miss Brawl Sheik. She was just fun lol.

Also gonna miss the synergy that I had with Zelda. Mannnnnnnnnnnn.

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Oh man, I love how Sheik looks so far.
I will probably pick her as a secondary even if she is nerfed before release just for Sheilda.

Farorae

Smash Ace
Dumb question, but some people say Sheik's a guy and some say Sheik's a girl, what is Sheik?
Girl. I mean her melee and oot appearances was Zelda disguised as a man (some people debate this but eh, it's zelda). But in Brawl and Smash 4 they've given her an actual female appearance.
And no it's not a dumb question, people debate this all the time :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom