• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Hyrule Hangout - Sheik Social

andimidna

Smash Master
Of course Sheik will return. It's just as much tradition to add Zelda as it is to add Sheik. In the Zelda series it makes no sense for TP Zelda to be transforming, but in SSB Sheik has more merits to return than Ganondorf and Toon Link.

Over9000chainz

Smash Rookie
nothing else for zelda to do but transform. granted, sheik hasnt been in a game for a while, but there really isn't much else for Zelda's character in ssb.take out sheik and theres too much revamping to be done. i guarantee thay zelda will become nothing if they don't bring sheik back.

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
I think sheik just needs a couple things including

A different Down B
A different Over B
and a stronger Dair

Just my opinion

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, they show up new pics and explain Little Mac's Power Meter for example. You can't say they don't know more, cause they do. Famitsu always was the best source of official information beside Sakurai and Nintendo themselves. Especially pre-Brawl.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
No, they show up new pics and explain Little Mac's Power Meter for example. You can't say they don't know more, cause they do. Famitsu always was the best source of official information beside Sakurai and Nintendo themselves. Especially pre-Brawl.
They really didn't confirm anything, all they had were a couple new pictures and some older ones. As of now, I wouldn't take anything from it, but it's completely possible. This Smash Sakurai seems to like confirming and deconfirming characters his own way, and I bet if Sheik's not done yet, Sakurai is continuing to work on her, as he is trying his best to bring back every character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If he had plans of seperating Zelda and Sheik, and giving Zelda the Phantom right away I doubt he would state that outrightely. I mean, the Phantom got shown with Zelda. Seems like if it is indeed a Down B, Sakurai already planned on giving Zelda another mechanic besides transformation (which in fact, is with Brawl's cast not as unique anymore as it was in Melee). I still feel that Zelda being revealed after Rosalina, who has Luma as a sort of 'summon' mechanic and her showing quite some alikeness to Zelda increases the chance of Zelda also getting a summon move on her own, albeit working much differently from the Lumas.

But really, let's see what happens. Impa would make a great newcomer, and could in a way be a spiritual follow up to Sheik. Sharing some common atributes and whatnot. Doubt many people (outside of Smashboards) would be that upset with Impa getting in if Sheik doesn't.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I still feel that Zelda being revealed after Rosalina, who has Luma as a sort of 'summon' mechanic and her showing quite some alikeness to Zelda increases the chance of Zelda also getting a summon move on her own, albeit working much differently from the Lumas.
So are you saying that they'd work side-by-side just like Rosalina and the Luma? If so, do you think that'd work? I mean Luma makes sense bc she (?) is small, but the Phantom is huge.
But really, let's see what happens. Impa would make a great newcomer, and could in a way be a spiritual follow up to Sheik. Sharing some common atributes and whatnot. Doubt many people (outside of Smashboards) would be that upset with Impa getting in if Sheik doesn't.
I'm an advocate for separating Zelda and Sheik. I don't know much (anything) about Impa. I assume she's pretty similar to Zelda? Does she play a big role in the game(s)?
She seems cool

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
If he had plans of seperating Zelda and Sheik, and giving Zelda the Phantom right away I doubt he would state that outrightely. I mean, the Phantom got shown with Zelda. Seems like if it is indeed a Down B, Sakurai already planned on giving Zelda another mechanic besides transformation (which in fact, is with Brawl's cast not as unique anymore as it was in Melee). I still feel that Zelda being revealed after Rosalina, who has Luma as a sort of 'summon' mechanic and her showing quite some alikeness to Zelda increases the chance of Zelda also getting a summon move on her own, albeit working much differently from the Lumas.

Well, it's official. It appears Sakurai never had any intentions to separa...

Oh look, Sheik is back. I didn't see that coming, like at all! MINDBLOWN!
And it's a separate character now.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Honestly we were both right and wrong, Diddy said Phantom was Zelda's down b and Sheik was removed and we said Sheik would return and that Phantom was an assist trophy.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Maybe Shiek will have an Impa costume. She technically can, since she is no longer connected to Zelda.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly we were both right and wrong, Diddy said Phantom was Zelda's down b and Sheik was removed and we said Sheik would return and that Phantom was an assist trophy.
Pretty much this. I see no reason to fuss, as in the end we both won and lost. Still, wouldn't ever expect it turning down like this.
Maybe Shiek will have an Impa costume. She technically can, since she is no longer connected to Zelda.
Have thought this to. Impa can now make more sense as a sort of Sheik semi-clone now that she is a separate character to but... At least she is split up from Zelda, and that's very good, for balance sake. At least I got what I wanted in that! But damn, what a ****ing kick in the nuts... First, Sakurai joking ZSS is gone and confirming no character will transform anymore (no ZSS would've meant no Sheik either most likely) - then showing ZSS and Zelda with the Phantom as DOWN B... One minute later? Sheik confirmed.
HA! Take that Diddy KONG! Screw Impa... you made everybody not want her, and now you pay...
Who the hell are you?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Again, why have stupid generic bombs if a Deku Nut would be that much more iconic? Am betting this ugly thing has a Final Smash of her own to...

Just look at this face.

Unibrow, looking even more like a man than in the original Ocarina of Time... A cheap towel as turban? Just, eww.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
It's not Sakurai's fault you can't tell the difference between a furrowed brow and a unibrow. They're not the same thing.

Anyway, are women not allowed to be angry? Cuz she doesn't look ugly to me, she just looks angry/determined.

She looks fine to me.

And I sure hope she has her own Final Smash. I'm liking the Final Smash changes so far!

Last edited:

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Again, why have stupid generic bombs if a Deku Nut would be that much more iconic? Am betting this ugly thing has a Final Smash of her own to...

Just look at this face.
*picture*
Unibrow, looking even more like a man than in the original Ocarina of Time... A cheap towel as turban? Just, eww.
She looks like she's about business, which is great. So glad that there's more depth to her design than a ball cap and a t-shirt...

Last edited:

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
i don't know if its been stated already but the grenade move pulls in opponents before exploding.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
I am so happy shes returning, she looks fabulous! I am glad they are continuing to use her unused-TP design for her look in SSB4.
Her render is so lovely <3 If they do include Alt costumes, i think it would be funny if Sheik had a Zelda costume, and Zelda had a Sheik costume <3

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
Is it pulling them in, or is it hitboxes + opponent DI'ing?
no bowser was just standing there when sheik used the bomb move he began to slide towards it before it exploded, it's like ganons uptilt

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Not gonna lie, I realy like Sheik as a separate character with a much more fleshed out moveset. Im gonna miss the whip somewhat but honestly, I never found an effective way to use it in combat. Lovin the fish also.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The whip was bad as an attack. It's only use was a tether in Brawl; I guess they thought it was better to replace it.

The bombs are not generic, they have Kakariko's seal of quality!

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Sheik's looking awesome in SSB4. The nades seem to be a legit projectile that will offer him/her a much more solid camp game, more than what the needles could ever do (and we still have 'em anyways). The down special looks cool too, seeming to be a nice combo finisher.

lobotheduck21

Smash Master
NNID
@AntwonGodefroy
3DS FC
4914-4683-5067
Ya, really glad to see my melee main back

also, be nice to diddy, he got his heart stomped, no need to destroy it with a car crusher

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Always liked Sheik (and Zelda.) Glad Sheik wasn't cut even though she hasn't really appeared since 1998 (re-releases and 2011 3DS port aside.)

From what we've seen (almost nothing,) wonder where she'll be in tiers. Also happy she's a standalone character this time.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I've seen this debate in a couple of locations, but I figured my opinion is best served here.

Sheik is now a different incarnation of Zelda just as much as Toon Link is a different incarnation of Link. This princess is one who had to hide herself from Ganondorf during his 7 year reign, spending her adolescence being trained by her retainer Impa in the ways of the Sheikah tribe. She's tomboyish and mischievous, and altogether different from "Zelda."

Zelda is a ruler, dignified and torn between her desire to fight for her people and keeping them safe. She was raised in the castle, trained to be a queen and to use magic arts, commanding the gifts of the goddesses and her own personal Phantom Knight.

Honestly, I expect these may potentially be similar to their actual descriptions on their trophies.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
So what does everybody else think the odds of seeing melee fair and uair are? Personally, while I think that Sheik could definitely use those kill moves, I doubt they'll be any better than they were in Brawl

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Got to play her a bit on the 3-DS version today:

F-tilt with Sheik is just as good. All tilts are still good.
Uair is multihit now.
Nair animation is different but still good.
Bair feels about the same.
Fair animation is slightly different as well, but feels like Brawl fair. Maybe slightly stronger? Hard to tell because it was in Smash run.
Up-B seems to move slightly less before the poof.
Side- B bombs are super slow, I have no idea if they're actually good or not or where you'd even viably use them.
Down-B is just weird, startup is pretty slow as well. Can get a sizable wall-jump if you contact a wall during the flip.

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
Got to play her a bit on the 3-DS version today:

F-tilt with Sheik is just as good. All tilts are still good.
Uair is multihit now.
Nair animation is different but still good.
Bair feels about the same.
Fair animation is slightly different as well, but feels like Brawl fair. Maybe slightly stronger? Hard to tell because it was in Smash run.
Up-B seems to move slightly less before the poof.
Side- B bombs are super slow, I have no idea if they're actually good or not or where you'd even viably use them.
Down-B is just weird, startup is pretty slow as well. Can get a sizable wall-jump if you contact a wall during the flip.
I played Sheik in a straight up match today (not smash run) and noticed she had serious issues KOing. I gave more details in the moveset thread but basically fair is still bad, uair has decent knockback, but couldn't KO Mega Man at 130, fsmash couldn't kill Mega Man at 150, and from what I noticed the side B appears to "reel in" opponents to the explosion? Not entirely sure on this one. I see down B primarily being used in recovery, since you can still up B afterwards. Needle charging worked like in PM from what I remember, where releasing the button throws the needles, but you can sidestep out.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
150% ain't bad. Brawl Sheik was lucky to kill at ... 180% or so?

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I'm seeing so many complaints about different characters, but I don't get why nobody seems to get that the game is still in development. These demos are unfinished projects, and characters will be buffed and debuffed as needed. If Sheik is having a hard time KO-ing, I'm confident they'll buff up her launching ability enough to balance her out. In the mean time, she seems to handle extremely well already.

Final Fujin 2

Banned via Warnings
LeT me perch up in these boards.

Zelda looks bad so Imma join #TeamSheik now.

Hay gorls!!!

Top Bottom