• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Human Body Mafia - Game Cancelled - All Roles Posted

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
If this were a real body, lynching a vital organ should result in a tie.

But our body's special, it can probably survive without some of those organs.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Obviously organclaiming is useless information.r be targeted or ignored.
Actually, I disagree with that. Unlike normal names, organs actual have a definate purpose. The brain controls the body, the blood system heals wounds, some organs can live with out parts (liver, 1 kidney, etc). It can be very easy to guess a role with a organ claim.

I dont agree with role/organ claims this early though. Im just pointing that fact out.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I dont know that much. =P
It's all basic stuff I learned 4 years ago in biology.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
OH ok... Unvote

I just remembered that me and Var always get lost on car rides.. why else would he get us lost except for the sole reason of being MAFIA in this game.

Vote: Variola

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I just remembered that me and Var always get lost on car rides.. why else would he get us lost except for the sole reason of being MAFIA in this game.
You're always the navigator, that's your job to keep us from getting lost!

Vote: KevinM for breaking my heart. :(

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Not that I'm worried but do you guys realize you've thrown four votes on me lol. Anyways I need to OMGUS vote someone to complete my day one goals so

Unvote
Vote: Breakwing WHY WOULD YOU VOTE FOR ME!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Actually, I disagree with that. Unlike normal names, organs actual have a definate purpose. The brain controls the body, the blood system heals wounds, some organs can live with out parts (liver, 1 kidney, etc). It can be very easy to guess a role with a organ claim.

I dont agree with role/organ claims this early though. Im just pointing that fact out.
Most organs have multiple purposes, not just definite ones.

"The brain controls the body," so what? Does that mean if the brain gets lynched, the game ends? The brain controls all of the organs, remember? "the blood system heals wounds," what? Blood does way more than just heal wounds. Blood visits all of the organs. And yes, people can live without a full pair or lungs or kidneys, but taking the kidneys as an example, they could be controlled by two different people or by a single person. If its two different people, do they know each other? Can they communicate at day or night? If its one person, does he get two lives? Or does he just die?

Handorin, organ claims are absolutely worthless without their corresponding roleclaims.

unvote

vote: Handorin for being dumb and disagreeing with me.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ya, you are right. But having multiple abilities like that would be rediculous. Having a pair of something could either be a mason or cult. I dont know. Not considering an organ claim is dum. If you consider what their bodily purposes are, you can narrow down what they are.

Unvote: <3
Vote: Tom

Not being open minded.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Are you guys all just playing dumb, or are you not going to admit that your role shows this body to be a robot?

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Hair Follicles Vote Count

KevinM : 4 (<3, Breakwing, Ussi, Variola)
Handorin : 2 (-Chad-, Tomkitty)
Tomkitty : 2 (Pythag, Handorin)
Breakwing: 1 (KevinM)

Also, could everyone please tell me who you are unvoting when you do unvote? It makes it so much easier to keep track of.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Vote: Handorin

Because I want him to die

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
vote: WiiWiiWaa

We are very much in, and should be in, the random vote phase. Random vote phase is good for town. Massclaim is bad for town. In fact, ANY claiming is bad for town. For those of you who play at epicmafia and think that claiming power roles d1 is a good thing, let me be the first to tell you that you are wrong; that strategy does not translate to forum mafia games. ^^' People in the MARVEL game are talking about having a power role claim early, which is just bad.

No claims.
NO ROLEFISHING.
Yes random votes.
I've bolded all of your incorrect statements for you. Truly random voting phases are certainly not good for the town? They just waste time and cause confusion among newer players. Luckily, hardly any "random vote phase" is truly random, so we can actually learn from them if falsities are easily seen through. Regardless, tons of random voting is still destructive, as explain above.

A blanket statement of "massclaim is bad for the town" is utterly incorrect. Check out Food Court mafia. That was an example of a game where mass claim actually worked and put the mafia in a tough position. Mass claim is not always bad; it depends entirely on the game's flavour and context.

ANY claiming for the town is bad? Are you serious? Where are you learning this scrub rubbish? There are PLENTY of situations in which claiming is highly beneficial for the town, and example being a well informed cop with game breaking information coming out in order to secure vital mafia lynches (a situation I've been in many times). Provided said cop can reason their way out of a paper bag and hasn't played like a moron the entire game, out-persuading a mafia counter-claim is quite simple.

In all honesty what you've said doesn't quite strike me as scummy, but it just rubs me the wrong way. You might be trying to help new people out by tossing around incorrect blanket concepts but its a poor way to do it.

Vote: TomKitty

Handorin

Smash Hero
Noone seems to believe Im not mafia. I guess my mafia reputation followed me from epic mafia.

My argument on organ claiming is done. Lynching me becuase I proved tom wrong is dum. (yay fight words)

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unvote Tom
Because I'm having doubts as to whether eor's cop claim is legit

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Ya, you are right. But having multiple abilities like that would be rediculous. Having a pair of something could either be a mason or cult. I dont know. Not considering an organ claim is dum. If you consider what their bodily purposes are, you can narrow down what they are.

Unvote: <3
Vote: Tom

Not being open minded.
Again you completely missed what I was saying. I'm not saying that an organ will have multiple abilities, I am saying that an organ could have any ONE of those abilities, so organ claiming would be useless. GET IT NOW? Jesus Christ. This was not what I wanted to happen when I mentioned organ claiming; I wanted to get it out of the way immediately, not let it become a source of argument because someone DISAGREES with me for no good reason, even while admitting that im "right."

I've bolded all of your incorrect statements for you. Truly random voting phases are certainly not good for the town? They just waste time and cause confusion among newer players. Luckily, hardly any "random vote phase" is truly random, so we can actually learn from them if falsities are easily seen through. Regardless, tons of random voting is still destructive, as explain above.

A blanket statement of "massclaim is bad for the town" is utterly incorrect. Check out Food Court mafia. That was an example of a game where mass claim actually worked and put the mafia in a tough position. Mass claim is not always bad; it depends entirely on the game's flavour and context.

ANY claiming for the town is bad? Are you serious? Where are you learning this scrub rubbish? There are PLENTY of situations in which claiming is highly beneficial for the town, and example being a well informed cop with game breaking information coming out in order to secure vital mafia lynches (a situation I've been in many times). Provided said cop can reason their way out of a paper bag and hasn't played like a moron the entire game, out-persuading a mafia counter-claim is quite simple.

In all honesty what you've said doesn't quite strike me as scummy, but it just rubs me the wrong way. You might be trying to help new people out by tossing around incorrect blanket concepts but its a poor way to do it.

LOL. Way to take almost EVERYTHING that I said out of context -- remember that this is day ONE. Once you admit that you took what I said out of context, then it all makes sense and isnt "scrub nonsense" at all, idiot. DAY ONE, claiming is bad -- your example of a cop having gamebreaking material is WORTHLESS on DAY ONE. Massclaiming is ******** ON DAY ONE. The "random vote phase" is absolutely worthwhile for the town because it EVOLVES INTO REAL PLAY as opposed to jumping into a game with exactly NOTHING TO GO ON and letting the game die.

Get the **** out, or I'll eat you.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Vote: Eor
His random roleclaim was probably a joke, but still reckless. Also, he's flying under the radar so far.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Okay, so I was in a bit of a rush when I commented on what frozenflame said about my statements, some of which was argument ad hominem and all of which was taken out of context and blatantly misconstrued. I don't know if frozenflame just simply misinterpreted what I said by not even looking at the context in which I was making those statements, or if he just plainly and incorrectly wanted to say someone was wrong, but he definitely did both.

1. No **** that "random voting" is not truly random voting, but you cannot try to sell to me that the random voting phase is bad for the town. It is ONLY good for the town. During the day, which is where the majority of a successful Mafia game SHOULD take place, the only difference between the town and the scum is information. The scum know who is scum, but the town only know who they are (which exception to masons, who in essence act as a single entity). But the random voting phase allows the town to make connections. Are the scum going to vote for themselves? Are they going to vote for someone else? Are they going to bandwagon? Which townies are playing foolishly and need to be corrected to help the town win? Who is avoiding questions? Who is inactive? The random voting phase helps to answer all of these, as well as to establish character and tone for every player. When tone or attitude changes, you have something. When connections are made, no matter how they are made, you have something. If a connection is made that is incorrect, it is not necessarily bad -- as long as it can be backed up by facts, then it will help reveal more aspects of the truth. You tried to tell me that all the random voting period does is confuse new players and waste time. ANY time spent talking and being active CANNOT be called a waste. New players should be able to sift through the information and make their own interpretations. Many players might try to skew the information towards one end, whether they are simply tunnlevisioned townies or mafia with a malignant purpose (pun intended in the context of Human Body Mafia, har har har), and this provides even more information. Do you see where I am going yet, and how you are wrong about the (seemingly)random voting phase? It is GOOD for the town.

2. You called by statement that "massclaim is bad for the town" a blanket statement, instead of realizing that I was talking WITHIN A CONTEXT. Specifically, KevinM "voted" for a mass claim, being the first person to suggest it. While his next post called his first a "joke" and anyone who believed it stupid, he still suggested it. <3 and Ussi both said that massclaim would be bad at this moment, but you didn't go crazy on them, now did you? I was definitely speaking within context when I said massclaims are bad, rolefishing is bad, and random voting is good. OBVIOUSLY this changes as more days progress, because random voting becomes a faux pas, rolefishing becomes simple information gathering, and massclaiming may become a reality. But during day 1, your calling me incorrect is simply ignorant of the context within which I was talking, and I really wonder if you were just trying to attack me or if you really weren't paying attention at all. (OMG false dilemma!)

3. As said above, you took me completely out of context when I said any claiming would be bad. Any claiming Day 1, at this moment, would be bad. Again, **** off.

Handorin? said:
If you consider what their bodily purposes are, you can narrow down what they are.
No, you really shouldn't. Trying to outguess the mod and going on flavor text (aka organ names) is NOT always correct, and SHOULDNT be done. Again, I will state that ANY ONE organ could be town OR mafia, and could be any number of roles. The testicles could be a cop, a mafia, two innos in a masonry, the lovers, siblings, a double-voter, a no-voter, a jester, a saul... so just stop talking about it. I get the last word because I am right and you are wrong. :)

With everything that I have said in mind,
unvote: Handorin
vote: Flipstar

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Are you guys all just playing dumb, or are you not going to admit that your role shows this body to be a robot?
Okay I admit it, I'm the chainsaw hands. Every day I HAVE to daykill two players and I also have to make two nightkills every night. How that makes sense in the context of other players being part of the robot body, I'm not sure.

Also, like <3 says he's not the heart, I'm not the blood. Or the flaming face thing.

I don't really have much to say, other than that I think mass claiming is a bad idea right now. Also, KevinM might get jokevoted to death.

And I vote we name the body Mr. Burns.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
My mistake, I realized that I forgot to unvote KevinM before changing my vote.

spam_master

Smash Rookie
Um, I dont think a mass organ claim would be good because I was under the impression that the mafia were diseases. Just seems logical.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay, so I was in a bit of a rush when I commented on what frozenflame said about my statements, some of which was argument ad hominem and all of which was taken out of context and blatantly misconstrued. I don't know if frozenflame just simply misinterpreted what I said by not even looking at the context in which I was making those statements, or if he just plainly and incorrectly wanted to say someone was wrong, but he definitely did both.
Or how about you're making absolutely ludicrous assumptions and blaming me for being ignorant for not making the same assumptions? Quite immature if you ask me. Last time I checked, EVERYTHING THAT IS SAID is said within a context. However, this absolutely does NOT mean that all the points you make are intended to be applicable only the the context within which they were made. Say what you mean, and mean what you say, if you are a townie. If you make blanket statements like you did and you want them to be understood to hold true ONLY within the context of day 1, then STATE that. Your insane logic that "it's day 1, so obviously my blanket statements must be qualified implicitly to only apply to day 1 metagame" isn't exactly what you can expect someone other than yourself to follow.

1. No **** that "random voting" is not truly random voting, but you cannot try to sell to me that the random voting phase is bad for the town. It is ONLY good for the town. During the day, which is where the majority of a successful Mafia game SHOULD take place, the only difference between the town and the scum is information. The scum know who is scum, but the town only know who they are (which exception to masons, who in essence act as a single entity). But the random voting phase allows the town to make connections. Are the scum going to vote for themselves? Are they going to vote for someone else? Are they going to bandwagon? Which townies are playing foolishly and need to be corrected to help the town win? Who is avoiding questions? Who is inactive? The random voting phase helps to answer all of these, as well as to establish character and tone for every player. When tone or attitude changes, you have something. When connections are made, no matter how they are made, you have something. If a connection is made that is incorrect, it is not necessarily bad -- as long as it can be backed up by facts, then it will help reveal more aspects of the truth. You tried to tell me that all the random voting period does is confuse new players and waste time. ANY time spent talking and being active CANNOT be called a waste. New players should be able to sift through the information and make their own interpretations. Many players might try to skew the information towards one end, whether they are simply tunnlevisioned townies or mafia with a malignant purpose (pun intended in the context of Human Body Mafia, har har har), and this provides even more information. Do you see where I am going yet, and how you are wrong about the (seemingly)random voting phase? It is GOOD for the town.
I bolded the two questionable assertions you've made about what can be gathered from the random voting stage. How exactly do you plan to differentiate foolish play from normal play in the random voting phase, and from there somehow correct it, in an utterly unstructured (behavior wise) environment? Also, what kind of meritable questions are expecting to come up during the random voting phase, let alone questions that people might dodge?

Regardless, you don't need to explain metagame to me. Trust me, I know it. I wasn't asserting random vote phases are inherently destructive but they aren't purely constructive either. Sure, if you're playing with a group of entirely veteran players, they're much more beneficial because they can be analyzed with greater certainty. However, that is certainly not the case here. You're forgetting to apply your metagaming tirade to the CONTEXT of this game. We don't have such a controlled experience environment here. Unnecessarily long random vote phases muddles player analysis, especially among newer players. Newer players may even grow bored and impulsive in some cases as a result.

So yeah, your metagame based blanket statement is wrong. Ironic that you'd yell at me for allegedly forgetting context when you seem to have done so as well.

2. You called by statement that "massclaim is bad for the town" a blanket statement, instead of realizing that I was talking WITHIN A CONTEXT. Specifically, KevinM "voted" for a mass claim, being the first person to suggest it. While his next post called his first a "joke" and anyone who believed it stupid, he still suggested it. <3 and Ussi both said that massclaim would be bad at this moment, but you didn't go crazy on them, now did you? I was definitely speaking within context when I said massclaims are bad, rolefishing is bad, and random voting is good. OBVIOUSLY this changes as more days progress, because random voting becomes a faux pas, rolefishing becomes simple information gathering, and massclaiming may become a reality. But during day 1, your calling me incorrect is simply ignorant of the context within which I was talking, and I really wonder if you were just trying to attack me or if you really weren't paying attention at all. (OMG false dilemma!)
I won't waste space by repeating myself about the whole context/blanket statement issue. I didn't go crazy on you, nor them. I just chose to address your post because as I said, it rubbed me the wrong way. You seem to have forgotten that in your tirade against me.

I don't know where you get the idea that as time goes on, rolefishing becomes "simple information gathering." Is this supposed to imply that mal-intended rolefishing somehow is no longer malignant passed a certain time benchmark? Rolefishing and info gathering are exclusive of one another, but obviously can easily be confused when encountered as in-game behavior.

Mass claims often have no bearing on the time that has elapsed. Really, if you want to be technical about it, mass claims ONLY occur EARLY in the game. It wouldn't be a mass
claim without EVERYONE claiming, and in order for everyone to claim you have to do it day 1. Not trying to be a stickler, but that's just how it is. In addition to this, mass claims logically would occur earlier on since the capacity of a game's players to mass claim with significant confidence is highly dependent on the game's flavour which doesn't change as the game progresses obviously. Thus, if the game itself is opportune for such a strategy, it is best to invoke it earlier than later. Obviously this has exceptions, and there are indeed many cases where late to end game claims are great strategies, however the linear relationship you implied existed between mass claims and game duration does not exist.

3. As said above, you took me completely out of context when I said any claiming would be bad. Any claiming Day 1, at this moment, would be bad. Again, **** off.
If you want to get upset over me not having the same ridiculous assumptions are yourself, that's fine with me. It's really not going to get you anywhere.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
We're both right. Also, I never like you ever again because I hold grudges.

WiiWiiWaa

Smash Rookie
the place where i live has a really long name so l
Frozenflame beat me to it.

I replaced in ONE mafia game. I posted about 5 times and decided to actually reread. I got bored and stopped playing. Now, TomKitty, in my opinion, the random voting phase is indeed bad. It gets people worked up and gets them accused of being "too townie." Lots of people vote for them. They defend EVERYTHING that is thrown at them. They are continually called too townie until they are lynched. Tom, I respect your opinion, but I disagree with it and believe it is a mafia tool. That is why I am voting for you.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Frozenflame beat me to it.

I replaced in ONE mafia game. I posted about 5 times and decided to actually reread. I got bored and stopped playing. Now, TomKitty, in my opinion, the random voting phase is indeed bad. It gets people worked up and gets them accused of being "too townie." Lots of people vote for them. They defend EVERYTHING that is thrown at them. They are continually called too townie until they are lynched. Tom, I respect your opinion, but I disagree with it and believe it is a mafia tool. That is why I am voting for you.
You think I am mafia because I think the random voting phase is pro-town? Thats dumb.

Top Bottom