• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Yo PK, sorry it took so long to watch that vid- totally forgot about it lol. But here are some tips vs falco. First off, I despise FD vs. falco, but a lot of ganons actually prefer the lack of platforms because falco has trouble with his combos. Anyway, I noticed a lot of double jumping... can be a good thing vs falco, but you need to be in a certain position to do so because if he clips you with a laser on that second jump, he has control and you don't have a jump. Just DI at that point and hope he doesn't punish you too hard. That's not to say all double jumping is bad, but the spacing has to be specific. Try this out, it's a classic Linguini trick: Full hop uair to catch him if he approaches, and it gets around his lasers. If he hasn't caught on and hit you with a laser yet, this actually puts you in a good position to double jump and fair him or simply waveland around him for better stage control if he's in his shield. Speaking of Linguini, he's the man to ask for falco advice. Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxTCkhrx8SA

That's actually why I really like battlefield and stages with platforms vs. falco- because it gives you the option to waveland over lasers and put you in a nice position with minimal effort. I think another strong tip also given to me from Linguini is have a really strong uair game. In some cases, you're actually pretty safe in your shield. When falco does the standard laser on the shield into areal approach, just shield di the laser (sometimes, this isn't even necessary) and stuff his approach with a uair. I used to suck balls vs falco, but it's one of those matchups I'm learning slowly. I took out two falcos in the last tournament that used to give me quite a bit of trouble. Oh and try full hop stomp when he's next to you... this ****s him up if he short hop lasers or throws out a short hop areal.
thanks m9

i hate fd too for that mu, but we were just playing friendlies and it was on random. i would've banned that **** in a heartbeat had it been a real tournament set.

Coastward

Smash Lord
yeah i think we'd get #rekt, unless we have bernard. it'd be:

me, you, bernard and jiggles if he comes vs austin, camilo, roidrage, and some other falcon im forgetting. its still hype.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
yeah i think we'd get #rekt, unless we have bernard. it'd be:

me, you, bernard and jiggles if he comes vs austin, camilo, roidrage, and some other falcon im forgetting. its still hype.
It's ok, Kage and Loki can make a surprise appearance and save us from disgrace.

But seriously, if this actually happens I will do my absolute best to make it.

Coastward

Smash Lord
im pretty sure people would be down for it, bernard and david are trying to get some extra side events to go down to gain more interest from new players. SO YOU HAVE TO COMEEEEEEE.

Coastward

Smash Lord
Extra side events? Why not just run PM? :p

jk. Have they been running an amateur bracket?
theyre thinking about it, theyre even thinking about doing like an arcadian sort of thing. also doing like, 1on1s with the better players for training sessions and tips, that sorta stuff. tournies are getting hype now, wayyyy more people are attending.

Coastward

Smash Lord
theyre thinking about it, theyre even thinking about doing like an arcadian sort of thing. also doing like, 1on1s with the better players for training sessions and tips, that sorta stuff. tournies are getting hype now, wayyyy more people are attending.
solid ganon, nothing flashy, just clean and simple. although he ****ed up a log of edgeguards, that's a pretty dope ganon.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I prefer Mewtwo for the Falcon MU tbh. Much easier combos.
Mewtwo for the Falcon MU tbh. Much easier combos.
Mewtwo Falcon MU. Much easier combos.
Mewtwo Falcon. easier combos.
Mewtwo Falcon. easier
O.O

Coastward

Smash Lord
Are moves such as Warlock Punch and Utilt viable in any way? I am a (I think) rising Ganondoofdorf, and I have found uses for those moves. I just wanna know how viable they are.
theyre not really viable lmao. they both take 2 seconds to use, so theyre super slow and you have really no opportunity to use them unless you have a puff that just missed a rest. you can mess around with them while edgeguarding, but theyre pretty ****.

tm

Smash Ace
Utilt: vs puff that missed a rest and has some damage (use to kill)
B: vs puff that missed a rest and has some damage but you were too slow to use utilt by ~10ish frames (hey, it's happened to me)
also against missed rest at zero % (that 32% damage).
Bizzarro Flame uses is (scarcely) when recovering from high up down to ledge (preferably at high %s when dying doesn't matter too much) because it will psyche some people out. And hey, maybe you'll get super lucky. example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko8II3vHj90&t=10m30s

2Face

Smash Rookie
Can anyone give me pointers on the Captain vs Ganondorf matchup? I really want to become a Falcon killer in the game.

2Face

Smash Rookie
@ Renth Renth how is the Ganon vs Luigi matchup? I saw your match up against Vudujin. I play a luigi main at a tourney the other day and noticed I get easily comboed by the character.

Renth

Smash Hero
@ Renth Renth how is the Ganon vs Luigi matchup? I saw your match up against Vudujin. I play a luigi main at a tourney the other day and noticed I get easily comboed by the character.
It's a favorable match up for ganonodorf, whenever I go to PA in august i'll get some videos vs. abate.

FrozenLight

Smash Rookie
How do you follow up Ganon's side-b the best on fastfallers, when they don't land on a platform?
Hitting a dair seems to only work if they miss tech (which is unlikely to happen, because they have a lot of airtime) and for a bair or a fair they kinda fall to fast..

I could imagine that it works to fake a dair by falling down after them (thus they don't do a get-up attack) and then chase the tech with another side-b or a down-b. Didn't really try that yet though.. any suggestions?

Coastward

Smash Lord
How do you follow up Ganon's side-b the best on fastfallers, when they don't land on a platform?
Hitting a dair seems to only work if they miss tech (which is unlikely to happen, because they have a lot of airtime) and for a bair or a fair they kinda fall to fast..

I could imagine that it works to fake a dair by falling down after them (thus they don't do a get-up attack) and then chase the tech with another side-b or a down-b. Didn't really try that yet though.. any suggestions?
http://smashboards.com/threads/techchasing-fastfallers-an-extensive-guide.256382/

really good stuff in here.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Read the thread that coastward posted, its amazing. But do you have to tech chase? A lot of the time, you can follow up with a bair or even a grab. If you do land a side b at low percent into a tech chase situation, dsmash covers a lot of nice options because for some reason, people like to tech in place after side b.

Top Bottom