• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
i wish i could turn into ganondorf at will. then if i was having beef with some jabroni i could just turn into ganondorf and kill him. like i'd straight up rip his heart out and make it look like a drug overdose.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
A rug is thicker, though. Ganon's cape is fairly thin. I'm not sure if a garage sale would have such a thin rug.

FluffyLemons

Smash Rookie
Sup guys, I'm gonna stop lurking now I guess.

I'm a Ganon main in the Phoenix area, been playing pretty much solely netplay for like 6 months but came out of my cave for Southwestern Justice 2 and the ASU weekly last Friday. Placed 17th and 1st respectively, so I guess I'm not complete trash? I dunno, still never feel like I'm winning against a Sheik. Or a Falco. Or a Marth. But hey, here's a video of me from that weekly, I figure that's a good place to start. Any tips, criticisms, or advice are greatly appreciated, but otherwise I'll just keep monitoring this thread for baller combo videos and general Ganon swag.

I like the part where they mess up my name, my character, and the fact that I beat Angel at SWJ2.
http://youtu.be/F-GAIk2m***
Edit: The last three letters of the link are apparently a swear word and I can't make it work. It's the F one without the U, that's embarrassing.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
So guys I think I found a new way to shield drop. Dropping through the platform and pressing l or r as soft as a powershield extremely quickly produces an extremely fast fall that combined with uair and it's deadly. i'm still trying to perfect it with ganon, but it works extremely well with falcon.

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Sup guys, I'm gonna stop lurking now I guess.

I'm a Ganon main in the Phoenix area, been playing pretty much solely netplay for like 6 months but came out of my cave for Southwestern Justice 2 and the ASU weekly last Friday. Placed 17th and 1st respectively, so I guess I'm not complete trash? I dunno, still never feel like I'm winning against a Sheik. Or a Falco. Or a Marth. But hey, here's a video of me from that weekly, I figure that's a good place to start. Any tips, criticisms, or advice are greatly appreciated, but otherwise I'll just keep monitoring this thread for baller combo videos and general Ganon swag.

I like the part where they mess up my name, my character, and the fact that I beat Angel at SWJ2.
http://youtu.be/F-GAIk2m***
Edit: The last three letters of the link are apparently a swear word and I can't make it work. It's the F one without the U, that's embarrassing.
Excellent. Thank you, Lemons. We need more activity here, so you're helping the Ganondorf community by posting here finally. :)

Coastward

Smash Lord
So guys I think I found a new way to shield drop. Dropping through the platform and pressing l or r as soft as a powershield extremely quickly produces an extremely fast fall that combined with uair and it's deadly. i'm still trying to perfect it with ganon, but it works extremely well with falcon.
i do these a lot when i **** around with fox and i mess up my tech skill. at least i think so, its sorta hard to picture this LOL

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
i do these a lot when i **** around with fox and i mess up my tech skill. at least i think so, its sorta hard to picture this LOL
I think I'm going to record a video showing it. This method is different than anything I'm seeing from axe, the wiki or any other references.

Эикельманн [РУС]

The Ganondorf challenge has become a serious and legitimate thing in Orlando, Florida as of tonight. The city record is five stocks taken. :cool:

tm, watched some of your set. i have a question for you. what do YOU think you were doing wrong against zbet?

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
So me being on Spring break I've been devoting a lot of my time to getting my Ganon's tech skill improved among other things. I dedicate 1 hour to purely movement based things such as short hop wavelanding, Isai dropping, dash dancing, some l-canceling here and there, lots of fast movement with all that mixed in haha. The second hour is dedicated purely to getting down ledge-teching, whether it be surviving a really heavy hit from the edge, or doing a wall jump tech to bair. The third hour is just combo practice against a lvl 7 cpu and I alternate between two different characters. I test what I can do at certain percentages with downthrow and what followups I could possibly do, staying out of range of the cpu, and sometimes just to have fun.

I'm sure that should give me a good set of skill over this break.

sup haters

bair is really good.
You coming back to the dark side?

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
tm, watched some of your set. i have a question for you. what do YOU think you were doing wrong against zbet?
Well for one there are an abundance of technical errors. Well enough, haven't been playing much recently. Mostly missed turnarounds or wrong actions altogether. Also dropping shield, fsmashing instead of an aerial, jumping from ledge, missed ledgedash, missed techs, etc. Aside from all that...

-I miss punishes from grabs. This is in part because I don't get any falco practice, so I'm experimenting as I go. The techchasing guide is helpful, but it doesn't account for different DIs on the throw (for example, if falco DIs the dthrow inwards, you can't cover 3 options with sideB), and also for some options (SHFFAC bair -> jab/grab) the timing is extremely precise. So I need more practice here and also to carefully analyze how better players do it.

-Many times I am just barely too late to get a punish, and it gets shielded / dodged. I suppose in these situations I should just not attack, then try to keep up pressure by chasing, or grabbing if they shield (???). But then it doesn't keep them honest / respecting my attacks, sigh, idk. I feel like in the end, if I don't hit with a true combo, they will just escape and reset to neutral. Obviously this isn't what happens in practice, but how many non-guaranteed attacks should I really be going for?

-I'm bad at dealing with ledgehop double laser. Still think that it actually is and should be hard to deal with (and not that I'm super scrubby), but I need to experiment with ways to deal with it. Sometimes I try to eat the lasers and counterattack but will get shined a lot (maybe it's worth the risk, because of how bad a position it could put him in?). Can rarely [if ever] duck under the first one, and not enough time between the two to uair / ftilt.

-I'm bad at dealing with lasers (laser approaches) in general. When I shield one, I try to 'do something' between the time I shield it and the time falco reaches me. Whether it's a grab, an uair OoS, or whatever, I don't have time to decide based on what he does, and often whatever I do ends up being beat. If I just shield and let him pressure, I'll have to get out (probably by rolling), and then it resets, repeat. What can I get out of that?

-When I get a grab, I uthrow / dthrow fairly arbitrarily. I'm guessing I should always dthrow in this matchup, but I start second guessing myself after missing so many punishes.

-DI was bad in a few situations, again lack of experience. Honestly I'm pretty happy with my DI in general.

Renth

Smash Hero
Double Ganondorf time baybay.

Eikelmang, I got some things I want show you. Feels good to have a set up again. Also, my recording set up will be here on the 10th.

Эикельманн [РУС]

got 13th in singles at said tournament, losing to ÜberIce in winners round 4 and to RockCrock in losers round 6. the ganondorf dittos with rock were literally hit for hit, as cliché as that may sound, but he clutched it out 2-0.

i can never pull through and beat the relevant players. i'm soooooo close. i can feel the breakthrough coming.

and i got absolutely trashed by über lmao he has so much ganondorf exp and i have 0 ICs exp. really need some pointers for that matchup from people that have the experience. BIZZ I SUMMON YOU.

oh, and got a little treat for you guys :cool:

as per usual, the big florida tournaments bring in a MINIMUM of six ganondorfs. here are the majority of us. two weren't present as they left before the picture was taken.

in the back row is Renth, RockCrock, and Tipman. The bottom row is Ranchaholic (new up and coming Orlando Ganondorf!!), SpiderSense, and GK| EikelmannRUS.

gerudo swaggggg~~~

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So badass. No shame in your placing ian. 13th means nothing and niether does losing to either of those guys. They are naturally good vs ganon as they play so safe and space so well... Then all that experience... lol. Good job dude.

Coastward

Smash Lord
man i wish i lived in florida.

speaking of which, most likely coming down for ceo in june for my birthday. need to get matches in with every ganon down there.

Renth

Smash Hero
Hahahah! I did amazing at Ceo winterfest. I uh.. well.

This tournament I was literally asleep on the floor someone woke me up to play my set with rockcrock in losers. I was not in a good mindset for this event but I had a great time.

Spider_Sense is the funnest person to play ssbm with on the planet.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I'd really like to go to Florida this summer for CEO. Meeting all the major Ganons in one place would be amazing.

!!!

Second tournament in a row where I've had to play two ICs in a row. Someone teach me this matchup.
Pretty sure it goes something like "retreating-fair retreating-fair, retreating-fair, retreating-bair, don't get grabbed.

Renth

Smash Hero
!!!

Second tournament in a row where I've had to play two ICs in a row. Someone teach me this matchup.
come visit, get 4 stocked by uber ice for awhile. You'll learn.

Also, losing to uberice is not a big deal. He plays me all the time, he's rockcrocks brother. He beat Eikelmann, you and Linguini at this event. He also beat lambchops/wizzrobe.

Renth

Smash Hero
I'd really like to go to Florida this summer for CEO. Meeting all the major Ganons in one place would be amazing.

Pretty sure it goes something like "retreating-fair retreating-fair, retreating-fair, retreating-bair, don't get grabbed.
Nope. You gotta mess up the ice climbers, you'll lose hard if you try to patient/campy

tm

Smash Ace
So much ganon talent in such a concentrated area...

must be the sunlight down there

tm

Smash Ace
*buys humidifier*

Any videos of you, Ranch? I'd like to watch another up-and-comer :)

iRanch

Smash Cadet
*buys humidifier*

Any videos of you, Ranch? I'd like to watch another up-and-comer :)
None that are recent unfortuantly :(
I always try to get something recorded and always fail.

There was a pretty recent set against Eikelmann's Bowser that was recorded, but I don't know when/if it will be uploaded.

Renth

Smash Hero
Soon, All of the "Florida never records anything" will stop cause I'll have recording equipment.

I had planned on taking a hiatus from ssbm events but due to some wise interactions with some friends I will still be playing hard.

Top Bottom