• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I probably have tons of clips no one really saw recently. Its too fun ****ing up someone 0-death as if you had clairvoyance. Lol

Edit: also i think ive unlocked the new nair level for DI trapping someone to make them DI inside. You know how you can do one hit nair to extend the combo obviously and also you can reverse it too so when you land a stomp you can make it ambiguous by doing pivot nair instead too as a mixup. Its fast and quite hard to react to.

Last edited:

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
D: that means I need to go and try to do something relevant xD

But for real if I accidentally do something cool in tournament on saturday can I link it? :3

tm

Smash Ace
I think I just found out that if you backjump (to NIL) but immediately hold forward as soon as possible, you can land on the lower plats on DL a frame sooner. You end up jumping straight up instead of backwards, but you still get the NIL because it's a backjump. Can't see much of a difference on BF.
Nah it's the same on both.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol kage I'll have to find that manually later on my twitch app, links don't work for me.

tm tm Damn, it looked quicker lol. You tested?

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
yo chesterr01 from way back shout outs. sick 4 stock kage, def need to freshen up on keeping that spacing on falco.
Ya ive been working on that. I wanted to get into a mindset of where you cant let falco start his stuff so i took my time while slowly owning his space. I really want to master PSing while always being able to react immediately on his next option, i feel like this is where i can gain the edge on the falco matchup because i always had a hard time with it. You guys probably saw that as a weakness when i played zhu at summit or at least i made that observation where i stop in shield too long or i roll too much from shielding an attack. I feel like thats something that needs to be used rarely unless you absolutely have to.

Linguini

Smash Master
Yo Coastward Coastward i'll be shooting you a pm with combo links shortly

edit: So many people know about this thread lol i'm pretty sure it's the most active thread on smashboards.

Ganon mains are too OG and we said **** all your new age technology...we sticking to sboards rofl

Last edited:

Bwmat

Smash Ace
https://www.twitch.tv/ssbmontreal/v/63227450?t=01h03m18s Instead of swag ill do my own meter of brutality. lol
Nice. Especially that ps jab. How do you do it? Was that a reaction to the ps or a read?

I think implementing ps jab would be really good, but usually I want it when grab would be bad, so I have to read the ps, and while I'd say I'm pretty good at doing it, it's still less than fifty percent by a lot

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nice. Especially that ps jab. How do you do it? Was that a reaction to the ps or a read?

I think implementing ps jab would be really good, but usually I want it when grab would be bad, so I have to read the ps, and while I'd say I'm pretty good at doing it, it's still less than fifty percent by a lot
I usually see how much distance i have between me and the opponent so grab you have whiffed there as falco was too far but jab worked since falco was still in lag from the aerial. Sometimes you shouldnt press a button as he would be able to retaliate. You have to be able to judge the distances or how he performed his attacks. Thats how linguini gets his shield grabs perfectly because he knows when Falco is unsafe by shield DIing.

Edit: that made me think can you shield DI a powershield?

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
For those who want to watch my impatient goofy Ganon.

https://www.twitch.tv/bleagel0/v/63384895

17:30-28:00 me vs Blea's marth

Small highlights (halfway swaggy)
-23:45
-25:40
-27:40

41:20-53:20 me vs Blea's marth again

I play his luigi at 100:40, after smoke break it resumes at 1:29:15 I think. At least I got some wins lol.

2:31:43 utilt on Falco

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Coastward Coastward

Just wanted to say, I give the music selection of your first Ganon combo vid a ****ing 11/10. Gloomy sounding industrial metal is so OP for Ganon.

I'm always down for a slick gangsta vibe too tho lol

:denzel:

Last edited:

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKDb8XVIy0c
me vs ace (top 5 in colorado)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur331owPm6Q
me vs slipnslide (best in colorado for over 10 years)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNrDMdmORhU
me vs keyo (2nd best fox in colorado)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pDLbeLp56E
me vs kurt mcgurt (best falco MAIN in colorado)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji1grvluvD4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja2v5KX01ZE
assorted doubles matches, grands and winners finals vs doubles fox with ACE

okay this is a huge ****ing dump and i haven't had this much solid footage in some time, so i want you guys to rip me to shreds

but also Coastward Coastward i hope you can find stuff of me from this to add to the video if you haven't done it already

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I watched the set vs. imposter ace. I felt like you didn't go for grabs/tomahawks enough. He was scared in shield many times when you were in the air or when you were wavelanding. But you kept going for jabs and tilts. And when you did get grabs, most of the punishes were ok but not what I used to see from you. What happened to the chaingrab mixups? I just feel like the risk/reward for grabs in that matchup is in your favor if you condition properly and you have the punishes down.

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
So I've heard in the past that midwest spacies are pretty jank. Is that still true? And in what way are they?

Also, how the hell do I approach Falco? Seems like everything I've been trying gets shined or baired. My best success has been about every third or fourth approach with empty shwl jab.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
So I've heard in the past that midwest spacies are pretty jank. Is that still true? And in what way are they?

Also, how the hell do I approach Falco? Seems like everything I've been trying gets shined or baired. My best success has been about every third or fourth approach with empty shwl jab.
Basically you only want to approach when he leaves himself vulnerable. Be aggressive with stage positioning and stuff his options up close. Try to PS lasers and pressure him. Don't stay in the perfect laser+aerial approach range for long. Use smart jabs and tilts up close, and aerials when you can. Fullhop uair aerials work well in neutral.

Last edited:

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
So basically don't approach until he goofs? What should I be looking for trades with? I mean, I know trades are almost always good, but obviously I don't want to trade with dair offstage, for example. Should I just try to trade with his aerial approaches when I'm at low % to see if I can start a sort of techchase?

I wish I had videos to demonstrate... Dang it, Florida.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Jab and tilt his approaches, shield when you have to, and pick the right options oos. You have so many vids for reference it's insane.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Midwest spacies are pretty much just all bad minus kels and kjh, so maybe that's what they mean... lol. The general style here is super campy too, so pretty annoying to play against at times. I actually super hate playing against kels's fox

Top Bottom