• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Last edited:

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
I get suspicious when there's not a notification from this thread for 24 hours. For good reason, apparently.

Scar shouted out Rock Crock on the Summit stream today while they were talking about Westballz's DK

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
Finally got the time to go to a tournament on Tuesday, and the ****ing toilets overflow and the venue gets closed.

On the bright side I'm gonna go train with a decent Sheik/fox today so that will be good. I need to work on fox especially. At this point I think I'm actually better against Sheik than spacies.

ForTheLulz

Smash Apprentice
beat my falco friend today

Kage was right

People don't DI right when you call them out on the dash back
He went sooooooo far at like 50% and couldn't make it back on dreamland

TAG$

Smash Apprentice
I am trying to learn Gannon where do I start can anyone give basic things that I can do to be effective in general mathces please!

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
Basic Ganon play is spacing, spacing spacing. Learn to space Fair and Bair perfectly so if they sheild you can jab/get away without any punishment. Learn to reverse Uair edgeguard, make that one of your most basic thoughts and tools and your Ganon foundation will be really strong. After that I would say start working with platform game and tech chases and grab follow ups.

If you are in doubt and someone is on a platform, Uair is usually the thing to do in basic play... especially if they missed a tech. just wait for them to move and Uair them. You can get really far in basic play just by spacing and L-canceling correctly because of Ganon's power.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Awesome thanks alot! hadnt thought about that stuff.
Reading the stickied threads is huge like I said, but let me say you also need to constantly work on your movement as Ganon. Aim to be elusive, fluid, and tricky without putting yourself in a dangerous position.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Dave and I are gonna make some extensive tech vids for the G-mains out there. -spider sense-
I'd love to help.

Also, tm, good post for new ganons. I'm actually surprised that ssbm tutorials made such a good video for new ganon players. Missed a few things, but nothing huge. Respect for the ssbm tutorials team, showing that they know a good amount about characters outside the top 8 on the tier list

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Over 3 months and 2 weeks later, but hey, I got it.

Now to do some work. Any suggestions -ACE- -ACE- ?
I'll have some soon enough. Thinking about starting to work on this dream of a new matchup guide. Like, extensive. No holds barred. Basics, micro/macro strats, specifics of neutral game, theory, etc. But I can only do so many matchups on my own. I'd need a good bit of help. Still, I could provide a decent foundation that would only need specifics. I'll let you know. I won't be working on it every day.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I'll have some soon enough. Thinking about starting to work on this dream of a new matchup guide. Like, extensive. No holds barred. Basics, micro/macro strats, specifics of neutral game, theory, etc. But I can only do so many matchups on my own. I'd need a good bit of help. Still, I could provide a decent foundation that would only need specifics. I'll let you know. I won't be working on it every day.
Sounds good to me. Let me know when you have a solid foundation and I'll be sure to sticky it or something haha. I gotta get my barrings with being a moderator first of course.

I definitely like the idea though. Something extensive like the CunningKitsune Fox guide that's like 1000 pages long (but maybe not that extensive lol)

Top Bottom