• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
found this on my computer today, this is from like 8 months ago so some of it is super outdated but i feel like we could all brush it up and make a global resource that has everything a new dorf player needs.

http://pastebin.com/C7Js29Hf
Add the NIL information, for one thing. Also Locke's knockdown data? Just skimming, looks like the matchup info is out of Tipman's old guide, definitely needs updating. Maybe an edgeguarding section? ( -ACE- -ACE- , feel like updating that thread? Or just gonna leave it with top tiers?) Maybe an "essential techs" bit, kind of a how-to thing.

DiZZ

Smash Apprentice
Going Ice Climbers vs sheik. Sick of losing to terrible scrub *** "sheik" mains. They see another Ganon and just counter pick me and mash buttons in my face, because herp derp it's a Ganon. I'll play Ganon against any character but **** that ****. You wanna counter pick me cause you're trash? Ok, I'm going to hard counter your main with a character that destroys yours. /rantover
I guess I am trash because I co main sheik and marth :/

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm mad drunk and didn't expect much tonight but just had a sick (enough) ditto with Tipman on stream. Last stock, he properly read my ledgedash with usmash, c0ckblasted offstage. At least it was recorded

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I guess I am trash because I co main sheik and marth :/
Like ace said, it's a rant. But I gotta say, I'm with spidey on the sentiment here. Not lashing out at you in particular, seeing as I've never met / played you, but I get the frustration that he feels when people CP him with sheik and get a free win.

I, too, am tired of getting double eliminated by sheik. I have a positive record against a buddy of mine vs his spacies... he switches to sheik secondary and bodies me. Idk if you've ever heard of sago? Marth main? He's taken one game off of me as marth... ever. Switches to sheik mid-set (2-0 my favor) and 3-0's me. 3-2, he wins. Another marth that I body switches to sheik and now our record is near even. #1 player at my school, after I reset grand finals on him, game five, set two, switches to sheik. Bodied. The list seriously goes on and on and on... I have many more examples.

I doubt Jason meant anything by it, but it's an 80-20 matchup and he probably feels like he's outplaying you and still losing. It's frustrating.

edit: **** your character

Last edited:

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I'm not afraid of anyone over here because of sheik, only because they're good.

You can outplay bad sheiks with great success in my experience, the matchup is not that bad.

But there is a bunch of frustrating bs in that matchup you just have to take and then just destroy them even harder.

Edit:also **** shiek, regardless of the above. I love playing as her though, and same deal with fox lol.

Edit2:actually, I love it when someone counterpicks me with a sheik secondary after I beat their main. Outside the good players I mentioned above, this never works(or at least I can't remember the last time it has, personally).

Last edited:

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is at least fun to chaingrab and her approaches are stuffable. I feel like the match is just a really bad test of patience and the stereotypical Ganon thing to do is run up and beat face. It's just frustrating not to do that. There are few things more satifying than chaingrabbing sheik 0 to death tho.

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
So I just discovered something interesting. DK can be shield poked at full shield. His head LOOKS like it sticks out, but you pretty much have to phantom to hit it. But the hitbox on his fist in front of him may not appear to be vulnerable, but it is. It sticks out a lot more when he faces left. Have fun with that.

Also, **** Sheik. I'm literally picking up IC just for that matchup. Everything else I will slog through. **** sheik.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I'm considering switching Puff just for Sheik. Falco is proving to be a little too hard for the amount I practice. Maybe in the long run I'll consider it for Fox as well. But I just don't have the practice time to train Falco properly. But I definitely think I could learn puff well enough to beat a portion of the Sheiks that beat me currently. I might also use Puff as a cp on DL. So anyone I play would have to choose between Yoshi's Ganon or DL Puff on cp.

Coastward

Smash Lord
Mediocre SFL sheik vs Ganon >>>>>> most other mediocre sheiks vs Ganon.

Yes I've played in several regions :denzel:
yeah i can understand that.

i've come to embrace my fellow piece of **** sheik mains recently, doing so kinda helped me play better against em. just gotta keep pushing for the 100%.

Oh btw any Ganons going to Shine 2016? It's gonna be a sick tournament.

It's also gonna have open crews. Ganon crew potential?
might go, depends on my money situation in august.

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
Ganon crews sound tight as hell. I'm going down to a regional event in Colorado this weekend. My friend who is a Falcon main said he wanted to be my doubles partner so we can do Ganon dittos, should be pretty fun.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
>Go to school lounge to chill between classes
>Someone challenges me to ganon dittos on the melee setup
>Utilt them on the first stock
>Pause during the utilt and shake the screen around
>Unplug controller and leave

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
LOL

#Wrekt

I really wish I lived closer to the east coast sometimes, would be dope to hang out with you guys.

Top Bottom