• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
Welp my tech is coming along okay, here is where I am at after today:

L-Cancel = 100%
Double airs = 80%
Auto cancel = 90%
Perfect wavelands = 80%
Plat drop airs = 100%
Shield drops = 70%
Wavedash OOS = 70%
Ledge regrab (invincible) = 100%
Ledge teching hits = 90%
Chain grab on no DI = 100%
Chain grab on behind DI = 70%~ depending on character
NIL on plat = 90%
NIL from ledge - 80%
Invincible ledgedash = 50%

RLD = 0%

So, I'm getting some thing down. For perfect wavelands I found out that I really like the center pedastal in Hyrule temple. Really fun to waveland off/on over and over. Also, I found that my WD OOS and Wavelands in general are working better now that I'm using L and R instead of just R. I use L to go left and R to go right. It's working weirdly well and makes it feel like less inputs.

Wavedash from ledge is starting to make more sense and starting work since I split up my WD buttons. I tap back on c-stick, tap jump, immediately perfect waveland. I think that's how it's supposed to work? I usually wind up waveshielding which has worked so far. I guess i'm holding too hard on that shield button to input WD.

RLD is not making sense. Can someone go over button inputs? I'm understanding other fast movements like reverse WD off to falling Uair. But RLD, I don't know what my hands need to do. I can only get the ledgedash to work. Revsere means I need to WD off and DJ into Bair right?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Do you have a thread for the NIL instant drop frame data? I'd like to look into that.
No. But it's either the same as a fp shield drop or 1 frame faster. My bet it's the latter since no shield input is necessary.

How do reverse hitboxes work? Or reverse knockback? Why does someone get sent the opposite direction?
All spacing. You can SDI a falcon knee inward and get sent back into stage instead of offstage. You need to be in the back 25% of the hitbox roughly.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
F. Stein F. Stein

RLD on left ledge

DROP, then

IMMEDIATE jump +:GCR: (pause for 3-5 frames-ish?) You have to get onto stage.

:GCL: + R

(Optional) :GCD: fastfall. Mandatory for INV. Then let go so you don't ff past the ledge.

Doesn't really matter how you drop. Whatever feels best. I always use down. I believe fastfalling isn't an issue, as you have to jump immediately anyway.

And remember you have to purposely not be FP to NIL. But practicing to jump fp is best for the RLD.

Last edited:

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
GUYS- I have a new edgeguard:

Warlock Punch.

Hear me out- it requires a lot of timing, but anyone who's trying to fall to the ledge can get hit out of their fall by it (provided they're somewhat close to it). Crush the dreams of that new fox in your area by giving him the purple glove of death, then proceed to show off your techskill until the next time some unsuspecting scrub tries to fake you out.

No, it is not at all practical. This is purely for crushing hopes and dreams.

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
Also, I asked the frame data guys. The way reverse hits work is if you're behind the center "bone" of their body, you get hit backwards. If you're in front of it, you go forwards. It's the spot the tag points to.

Diosama

Stand User
Good **** spidey. Kage had a clip just before too.

Fair > Jab the dj > off stage dair

I did that same thing yesterday at the mtl weekly lmao

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Just got to Florida! -ACE- -ACE- spider_sense spider_sense L Linguini and @PaperstSoapCo I'll be seeing you on Tuesday in Miami

@Renth you're in central FL, correct?
I usually work mad late on the weekdays, but I'm down for tuesday; I'll try to make myself available for Tuesday, so we can get mad friendlies in. I'll ask Emilio and Tommy to see if they can clear their schedule for that day too. It might be harder for Tipman to show up because I think he works afternoons and he lives somewhat far from Dave and I (maybe about a 1 1/2 hr drive from Miami to Margate) How long would you be down here?

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Also I have a feeling Renth isn't really smashing much these days. One visit from Ace could probably change that :denzel:

Edit: Just spoke to tipman PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle it's looking good tues/wed night. Also versus isn't far from tommy's so we can go there after maybe.

Last edited:

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
Damn it all being on the other side if the state. If you guys want a scrub to beat up on, I could mysteriously come down with a case of "Supersma****is..." No, but actually, you guys better get some sets recorded.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Damn it all being on the other side if the state. If you guys want a scrub to beat up on, I could mysteriously come down with a case of "Supersma****is..." No, but actually, you guys better get some sets recorded.
If we make plans to go to versus I'll let you know, bad drive but at least I-75 goes straight into ft laud.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
If you guys end up at vs, let me know. Pseudo, I may end up in Chicago once or twice over the summer, since I go back to Indy and all.
You're more than welcome at my place if you'd rather not drive back (given I'm there, of course).

Try to head out to Rubicon - monthly tournament series hosted by vro that features a top 50 player. Great practice opportunity.

Orah

Smash Cadet
Swagic Swagic I actually landed a WP in my last weekly. I had 3 matches vs 2 IC's which I won and a sheik that I totally scrubbed out against.
Gott it recorded here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K27wX_8sz9Y&feature=youtu.be
Fast forward to the 3 hr 18 min and that's when the first match starts. My other two matches are consecutive after this one. I got a lot of work to do on perfecting my tech but I've made a ton of progress. I gotta stop trying to style all the time :p
I had no idea how to play ICs but I learned somethings from the first match that prepared me for the next guy.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
@Divinokage

https://youtu.be/hCgo5bRnV0Q?t=7m4s

Right at 7:06... When you double jump to dodge an aerial, dj into FP uair. Might have completely dodged that one (then there's SDI too).

And damn, ryan Ford is such a beast lol. Gotta try to do weird/different stuff to keep him guessing, he has a solid read on you (basically your jumps/aerials/landings). Good matches.

Last edited:

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I got a jump turn around warlock punch on netplay the other day. Made it look like I was jumping to the ledge against a Sheik so they panicked and went on stage

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Today's random tip:

READ when you've ****ed up and you're going to get hit, and use that glorious up and away DI. SDI in that direction too.

Sometimes straight away is best (falco), sometimes down and away is best (falcon near center stage), but as a general rule against anyone that combos you in the air, up and away + SDI provides that perfect location where they can't hit you, you aren't that far offstage, and gives you extra recovery options (being higher up).

Scar and toph, while commenting on armada (fox) vs hbox recently, were discussing when jiggs gets you offstage and seems to eat up every spacey alive with aerials until death. They said something along the lines of...

"Well, he's survival DI'ing, which leads to the next bair, but he doesn't want to DI away and be sent completely off stage. He's truly between a rock and a hard place"

Not true. Up and away SDI + up and away DI works wonders. If it doesn't on a particular move, go slightly more away or slightly more up, depending on the situation. It's literally optimal in MANY situations. Not even Armada has this down. And he knows when he's going to get hit, so the read isn't the issue. He's just DI'ing like a ****ing scrub.

Awareness. Know when you'll be hit and know what move is coming. DI traps exist, so you won't always win, but this is meta-pushing **** that is never spoken of. The little extra help SDI provides is actually huge for Ganon, and many other characters in countless situations.

Edit: down and away is better generally on larger stages, whereas on say FoD it pays to get that first up + away DI in to prevent certain death (you can get hit offstage so easily).

Last edited:

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Going Ice Climbers vs sheik. Sick of losing to terrible scrub ass "sheik" mains. They see another Ganon and just counter pick me and mash buttons in my face, because herp derp it's a Ganon. I'll play Ganon against any character but **** that ****. You wanna counter pick me cause you're trash? Ok, I'm going to hard counter your main with a character that destroys yours. /rantover

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Going Ice Climbers vs sheik. Sick of losing to terrible scrub *** "sheik" mains. They see another Ganon and just counter pick me and mash buttons in my face, because herp derp it's a Ganon. I'll play Ganon against any character but **** that ****. You wanna counter pick me cause you're trash? Ok, I'm going to hard counter your main with a character that destroys yours. /rantover
Sheik ditto lol

YvngFlameHoe

Smash Ace
Going Ice Climbers vs sheik. Sick of losing to terrible scrub *** "sheik" mains. They see another Ganon and just counter pick me and mash buttons in my face, because herp derp it's a Ganon. I'll play Ganon against any character but **** that ****. You wanna counter pick me cause you're trash? Ok, I'm going to hard counter your main with a character that destroys yours. /rantover
That's why I switched, Noghrilla beat you I heard

Top Bottom