• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Cool thing I learned about today: If you're in the player 4 slot, right when you start a game and it says "GO!", you can waveland off the side platforms and on FD in order to get a head-start in movement.

Below are the number of frames it takes before you land on the stage, also known as how many frames you have to wait to waveland:

• Battlefield: 8 Frames
  • Yoshi's and Fountain: 5 Frames
  • Pokemon and Dreamland: 7 Frames
  • FD: 9 Frames
Have fun practicing this one :p

Last edited:

Bwmat

Smash Ace
linguini makes such good use of the dash attack.

also those chaingrabs on fox.

Damn.

Coastward

Smash Lord
Cool thing I learned about today: If you're in the player 4 slot, right when you start a game and it says "GO!", you can waveland off the side platforms and on FD in order to get a head-start in movement.

Below are the number of frames it takes before you land on the stage, also known as how many frames you have to wait to waveland:

• Battlefield: 8 Frames
  • Yoshi's and Fountain: 5 Frames
  • Pokemon and Dreamland: 7 Frames
  • FD: 9 Frames
Have fun practicing this one :p
i did this once on yoshi's and it got me a 0-death, was never able to replicate it because i didn't know how i did it in the first place lol.

in other news i finally got a CRT, which means i can practice now. gonna make a training regimen soon and post it on here to see if you guys think i should be added stuff.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I asked mostly out of curiosity rather than doubt that there would be enough things for you to practice.

I'm starting to do this kind of with combos, thinking about all the options and finding ways to cover as many as possible in different situations. I have never really trained myself in how to respond to certain moves like this. I've obviously learned a lot from playing and watching the game long enough. But it's not the same.

You say train your Ganon flow first and combo flow second. You mean like train your neutral first and then your combo game? Is there a reason for training one first before the other? Cause I'm definitely doing it the other way around right now.
Ya because then its easier to see how you can start your combos. Once you know how to land the first hit in most situations then all you need to do is gauge how much stun your move landed has. So if you landed a dair, do you grab after? Do you nair? Do you tilt, jab, uair? or do you run away from the opponent? All those depends on the matchup you are facing because of their fall speed and weight. Its basically math from there.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
linguini makes such good use of the dash attack.

also those chaingrabs on fox.

Damn.
Dash attack is super underrated. Don't forget how useful DA, side-b, and even down-b (when they jump) are in this regard: they can effortlessly reverse a bad situation for you. When you are at the ledge boxed in, think about a way to land a DA or side-b, and now you are the one pressuring HIM at ledge (possible ko).

And the CG is actually something he needs to work on. He relies too heavily on the uthrow hard read for DI behind. I try to reserve uthrow for traps. When I cg porkchops, like 5 regrabs in he is still holding away on FD. Those experienced with Ganons that can cg are hoping you'll Yolo the uthrow and they get away. Something to remember

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
I was recently messaged about my presence being missed here.

It is more realistic for me to fade into the shadows. I will always be watching, rarely playing.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
http://youtu.be/DicfTaoceAw

0:34:48 Tipman vs Mojohnbo (falcon)
0:52:45 Linguini vs Mumbo (falco)
1:17:30 Tipman vs Happy Hydra (puff)
2:31:45 Linguini vs Blea Gelo (luigi)
3:06:30 The Ditto
3:42:50 Linguini vs Red1 (link)
4:06:30 Linguini vs Animal Control (fox)
4:25:00 Linguini vs porkchops (falco)
4:44:20 Linguini vs Blea (Grand Finals)

Think I got that right. Link may change.
Forgot to tag first set vs animal control 1:33:33 (body bag)

AND Tipman vs walmart shoes in the very beginning (rekt)

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
C'mon man, this gotta happen and I wanna be apart of it B)
I mean, we can definitely push for it, lol. Maybe one day when there's only like 30 some people there but all the Ganons show up.

PS I'm hoping to provide some hilarious commentary if I get on the mic Sunday.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol it would be cool, I've been playing them both lately. spider_sense is barely stronger in the ditto than rusty emilio currently. Half the times jason comes over we're even, the other half he wins 2/3. Emilio has a slight edge on me but it's really close. Haven't played tipman since the one close set I lost 2-1.

Now if I could just play other matchups like these guys lol. Just need some fine tuning and less SD's lmfao. Getting there.

Coastward

Smash Lord
so do you guys still think ganon cant chaingrab falcon efficiently or is that still a thing of 2006?

it seems possible at around 40%, just can't catch DI behind until super high percents.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
so do you guys still think ganon cant chaingrab falcon efficiently or is that still a thing of 2006?

it seems possible at around 40%, just can't catch DI behind until super high percents.
Depends how you call the DI from 40%, can uthrow if you think theyll behind or downthrow if theyll DI away.

Duel

Smash Apprentice
I've been thinking about the Sheik MU more and more, what is actually safe to throw out on a Sheik's shield? I know you need to be very careful in this MU.

Coastward

Smash Lord
Depends how you call the DI from 40%, can uthrow if you think theyll behind or downthrow if theyll DI away.
i was experimenting a few hours ago and it seemed like you could regrab off of DI in front at around 40 from a dthrow. gonna experiment more and bring back more info soon.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante

DI away will make him safe at certain percents. And yeah forget DI behind. Uthrow for that and set traps.

I've been thinking about the Sheik MU more and more, what is actually safe to throw out on a Sheik's shield? I know you need to be very careful in this MU.
Grab :troll:

up-b :troll:

Fully spaced (tipper) fair, bair, ftilt, jab (buffer roll). Dtilt no, but still not a bad occasional mixup.

You chaingrab with READS?!? Lol. Or are you talking about traps and scenarios where their options are limited?

Last edited:

Duel

Smash Apprentice
DI away will make him safe at certain percents. And yeah forget DI behind. Uthrow for that and set traps.

Grab :troll:

up-b :troll:

Fully spaced (tipper) fair, bair, ftilt, jab (buffer roll). Dtilt no, but still not a bad occasional mixup.
I didn't realize a fully spaced fair was actually safe though, that will be useful.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I didn't realize a fully spaced fair was actually safe though, that will be useful.
Yeah, if it's really a tipper you'll get away from her oos options in time. You want it to land low on her shield, and you may want to buffer a roll if he tries to punish.

Last edited:

Duel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, if it's really a tipper you'll get away from her oos options in time. You want it to land low on her shield, and you may want to buffer a roll if he tries to punish.
Sounds good, I find I am pretty good at the CG, my problem is actually getting a grab. What works on your common Sheik? Jab to grab?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
ASDI grab her ftilt up to 30% or jab up till high%

Shield SDI and shield ASDI shieldgrabs.

Shield dash attack, brief pause, grab.

Jab to grab works when she doesn't DI the jab.

Tomahawk (underused out of plat wL -just land and grab)

DD jc grab. Requires precision but useable.

Fair her shield and dash +jc grab her if she shields for jab.

Dair to grab (there is no better opener than this)

Perfect wL +grab

Grab her up-b landing lag (when aerials won't kill or you don't have time to bair her offstage)

side-b to grab can work but side-b is way too risky in this mu unless she is in midair and cannot CC or ASDI NIL and punish. Dsmash can work but super situational and risky.

Any time she's in shield. Try your best to notice habits and adapt. You can literally just run up and grab them if they shield. Play the player, not just sheik. Try to get any edge you can.

At low%, DI everything away, shield DI and buffer rolls out of perfectly spaced approaches, and don't push situations that look iffy. The better your defense, the more grab opportunities per stock.

Top Bottom