• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
With my critique? You'll probably lose more if I do! Gimme a match with falcon / marth / samus / dk / IC / Yoshi / Roy (lol) and I'll own that ****, but fox / falco / peach / sheik and it's done.

You're literally talking to the guy who beat kels' marth on the first match and got back-to-back 3 stocked by his fox right after. And Kelly's marth is super good, too.

I can actually critique if you want me to, though, jokes aside.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
dthrow cg/uthrow+dthrow di mixup is the future. just saying. i get like 40%+ on spacies now at least once or twice during any match because of it.
So until what percent can i get a regrab on uthrow and what DI is needed? Assuming someone isn't good enough to do the dthrow chaingrab for very long, this is my current grab flow chart on stages with platforms:

Low percents: Tech chase off dthrow
Mid percents: Uthrow regrab until they DI onto a platform. Cover all the options with uair. Try to maintain an advantageous position for as long as possible after the uair.
High percents: Guaranteed setups like dthrow into down-b at ~120% of uthrow into ftilt/uair/bair depending on the percent. Or simply uthrow onto platform and uair.

Coastward

Smash Lord

MFW i get praise for moonwalking

also @ Эикельманн [РУС] Эикельманн [РУС] ive decided to critique your match for you because im drunk and i have nothing better to do.

game 1: that whole first stock was pretty clean except for a few flubs, you could tell you were kinda nervous or anxious. one thing i wanna point out is when you got fox offstage, he up-b'd super close to the ledge and you let him back by trying to read a firefox on stage. still clean though. nice uair > upb on him while he was on the platform. you missed out on some punishes before that though; you coulda shield dropped the uair, and then you coulda wdoos > anything on the usmash. idk what that uair was on your 3rd stock rofl. hes kinda picking you apart now and you're panicking(?), that last stock was what you shoulda been doing from that point where you had a 2 stock lead; just wall out with bair and reverse uair and wait for him to approach. instead you were throwing out the slower fair and getting a bit aggressive with jab. this whole match, im seeing you respecting his upb too much even though hes recovering so close to the stage; you also barely capitalized on much because of tech/input flubs, there was an instance where you CCd his nair and didnt punish it afterwards because you were to lose to the punish.

game 2: you started off well by putting him offstage early with the punish on his dash dance, but again you respected the upb too much. the second time, you just dropped the edgeguard. omg dude you get him offstage so nicely but you just dont finish your food and then you get anxious with the long ledgejump downb. you started turtling HARD after that, jake13 was playing super aggresive so you shoulda done the same thing in the situation. after this i just got bored because its kinda the same stuff and jake13 plays lame LOL.

quick rundown though:
- dont be scared of firefox, that **** is so easy to punish with an uair. i usually do **** like single jump uair, and then if it missed i have the backup option coverage of dj fair because firefox is so slow. you could even jsut grab ledge and the ledgedash > anything if he makes it back.
- try not to dthrow > jab at 0%. its hard to get a follow up after since theres no knockdown and he can act out of it afterwards. also, people tend to di behind throws against ganon because they assume its always gonna be dthrow, so when you uthrow at like 70-80%, just reverse ftilt. its easy to hit since its reactable on di, and it sends them offstage so easily.
- careful with CCs, and dont always try to grab after them because it starts to become predictable.
- keep calm and dont worry about the placing, just worry about ****ing up fox.

try watching your **** over and just think about what other punishes or moves you couldve gone for in places where you think you shouldve been positive.

Last edited:

Duel

Smash Apprentice
@ PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle will you be attending this Sweet? I haven't seen you since TBH4 but I have gotten a lot better and would be down to do some MM's.

Doesn't look like you are on the list of attendants though unless you are using an alias lol

Superspright

Smash Lord
Pseudo, you shouldn't be having Peach problems. One secret to the matchup is ROLL AWAY from pressure. Just don't do it a lot. If you got hit by a float-canceled aerial you ****ed up.

Yort

Smash Apprentice
Pseudo, you shouldn't be having Peach problems. One secret to the matchup is ROLL AWAY from pressure. Just don't do it a lot. If you got hit by a float-canceled aerial you ****ed up.
Yo dumb question but what do you do when you're holding shield and peach just spams downsmash on it.

I don't play against many peaches.

I'm assuming shield di

Superspright

Smash Lord
A fun trick is also going to light-shield during shield stun with Z. You can buffer the jump out with the c-stick. It always works unless they are actually frame perfect (when speaking about FC aerials). Shoutouts to Armada.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
@ PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle will you be attending this Sweet? I haven't seen you since TBH4 but I have gotten a lot better and would be down to do some MM's.

Doesn't look like you are on the list of attendants though unless you are using an alias lol
Had to cancel last minute, sorry bro. Money's a liiiiittle tight right now and I couldn't find anyone to catch a ride with me. Next time. Glad to hear you're improving! We'll put a rain check on that money match for now. You ever been to an EXPosure event?

Lol I know I shouldn't be, but it doesn't negate the fact that I am. Really? Roll away? I'm pretty sure peach can cover that with that intimidating float just out of up air range.

Yo dumb question but what do you do when you're holding shield and peach just spams downsmash on it.

I'm assuming shield di
The best thing to do is predict it (as with anything, but it's especially good vs peach) because you can get a free stomp out of it. Don't be afraid to stomp here. Punishing dash attacks and down smashes isn't that difficult when you get a good read on your opponent, I'm just not sure how to punish things like that annoying float.

Superspright

Smash Lord
The float is actually really slow. I'm not sure why you're intimidated by it. If Peach just goes in the air she's lost. I'm only afraid of Peach that stays on the ground really. Dash attack and grab mix ups are devastating if you don't see them coming. Roll away after she hits your shield can work sometimes if she's high up.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's really really hard to keep up with Peach on larger stages, she can zone Ganon too well and limit his options almost constantly. But we're lucky not many Peach knows the Ganon matchup very well. =P

Superspright

Smash Lord
Large stages yes, but also FoD is a terrible place to fight her. She can just shark you like crazy. I don't think she can really limit our options but maybe our approaches. It's a 50/50 for a reason. She doesn't clobber us at all. I am very confident fighting Peach, but you have to respect what she can do.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Large stages yes, but also FoD is a terrible place to fight her. She can just shark you like crazy. I don't think she can really limit our options but maybe our approaches. It's a 50/50 for a reason. She doesn't clobber us at all. I am very confident fighting Peach, but you have to respect what she can do.
It's not an even matchup, no way.

tm

Smash Ace

I'm assuming shield di
Shield DI down + away, or lightshield holding away. But you should really avoid the situation if at all possible.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It looks pretty damn even. Most of you play it like idiots and get hit by all her bull****. No respect for the *****. Sorry.
Ya im confident I can beat any Peach that isnt Vwins or Armada but especially Vwins has the Ganon matchup on lock, he even beat Linguini at his prime fairly easily so.. ya. What does that say you think? If we suck as players, you better look in the mirror first.

On Yoshi's however, it's clearly the best stage in that matchup and it should be used all the time if it isn't banned. Even vs Sheik it's very doable but that stage is OP for Ganon even M2k thinks so.

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
They don't have the matchup on lock. They are just better than you at the game.
Or you underestimate the badness of Ganon. I think we all knew that it was a disgusting road ahead. Like I said before, i can take on any one of them too because it's really that easy to shutdown Ganon's options.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
I personally think that Vwins will lose to SAUS at some point in the future. I believe Link has a better time against Peach than Ganon does... oddly enough.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I personally think that Vwins will lose to SAUS at some point in the future. I believe Link has a better time against Peach than Ganon does... oddly enough.
That might be possible but Saus still needs a lot of work to be done, he's not that scary yet even if I did lose a set to him I brought it back in losers quite well.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
I'm aware of how ****ty he is, but Peach isn't that spectacular. There's just bigger concerns than Peach honestly. It can't be worse than 55-45.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I was thinking maybe 6-4, but even that is by no means undoable. I think I still need to work on some of the fundamentals of the peach matchup, like catching turnips, etc.

Got to play Dart again today. Everyone should be forced to play either marth or falcon vs. ganon, that **** is far too much fun.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I agree with you on Marth, but I'd rather play vs Fox or ICs or Peach, than vs Falcon. It seems to me like the only person having fun in that matchup is Falcon

*upthrow knee intensifies*
But if you get, like, one sick read on falcon, you can combo him almost as hard as he combos you and it feels so good. @ Divinokage Divinokage I'm kinda confused as to what exactly you said to piss off superspright. IMO, you're right that it's not an even matchup and if the peach knows the matchup, it's kinda done.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
**** like this just makes you feel good about your progress. Shoutouts to the midwest's best marth

If Peach screws you up then quit Ganondorf. Everyone else is much better.
If peach screws me up, I work on it. I ask questions to the boards here because... well, that's what they're for, no? Advice and productive discussion, not condescension.

Attachments

Last edited:

Duel

Smash Apprentice
Had to cancel last minute, sorry bro. Money's a liiiiittle tight right now and I couldn't find anyone to catch a ride with me. Next time. Glad to hear you're improving! We'll put a rain check on that money match for now. You ever been to an EXPosure event?
I can relate to the money problem right now, too bad but understandable. I never go outside of Michigan for events, but I would like to soon.

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I can relate to the money problem right now, too bad but understandable. I never go outside of Michigan for events, but I would like to soon.
The EXPosure series is a really great way to start traveling. Besides, if you've never been to Chicago, this is your perfect excuse. It's a great city. I really want to go to one of the Sweets though, so if I go next time, I'll be sure to hit you up / take your money ;)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Grow some skin, Kage. Seriously. You're a big wet vagina sometimes.
Nah seriously burn off your d***. We don't need your negative **** around here, grow the **** up.

You guys need to come to Toronto with Axe and M2k confirmed already going there on May 30-31 i think? Glorious battles ahead!

Last edited:
Top Bottom