• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Hana Na Tahou

Smash Apprentice
Well, going to a Monthly near me on Thursday. Gonna get my foot in the door around here. Been watching other Ganons to pick up a couple things here and there. Kinda hoping there will be another Ganon player there, but i'm not holding my breath.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Apex isn't looking good at the moment and it's too far out to tell. Folks in my area are starting to lose interest and if this keeps up then I'll probably not be going.

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
There's two different kinds of solo practice that I think are really important.

The first kind is when you're testing out the execution of anything and everything you need to play as Ganon and drilling it over and over until it feels natural to you. From basic stuff like l-canceling a high dair or a low dair on shield, to doing more complicated things like consistent frame-perfect upair double jump to waveland on and above platform, or auto-cancel nair on someone's shield while rising up to a platform and then grab them after you land. Getting down these timing and knowing what it looks like when you have perfect execution I think is key to really playing this character to its full potential. The 20XX hack pack allows for me to see all the weaknesses and strength that Falco has, up close and slowed down so that I can understand it all.

The second kind of training is more for preparing for a tournament, but I believe that it helps with getting you ready for actual serious matches. Shadowboxing is something that PPMD has explained to me that he says really helps visualize how he will play in a high level environment where the crowd is loud and cheering and he's playing vs an angry and focused Mango. He tries to put himself in this position on the regular when he's practicing by himself so that he is mentally prepared for it all. Being used to this sort of mindset will make all that execution in the first kind of training I mentioned above all worth while, and I feel like even though you'll be moving at a high speed, as long as your remained focus on what to do in the matchup, stuff will just start clicking together. You can easily shadowbox by having a lvl 9 cpu play against you, or any lvl cpu really, and just treat them like an actual player. Actively try to avoid them, try to punish them as hard as you can, feel like you're pressured on your last stock and he has three and you have to make this comeback. So many times I mentally give up when I'm down 1 stock to 3 in games and I'm just not used to "biting the bullet" and playing in a way that won't make me lose.

I've been doing a lot of the first kind of solo training I mentioned in the last week or so, but I have not been doing much of the second kind. Again, I don't really feel like it's necessary until like a week before you go to a tournament, but I think it is totally worthwhile.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
by the end of the month, i'm going to issue a challenge to someone to money match for a decent amount of money (assuming that i'd be allowed to do the match during salty suite).

i have absolutely no idea who i should challenge, so i'd like all of you guys to decide for me. i feel like this is a great way to get my name out there and be seen by the world, and i have no problem with paying my way in.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
by the end of the month, i'm going to issue a challenge to someone to money match for a decent amount of money (assuming that i'd be allowed to do the match during salty suite).

i have absolutely no idea who i should challenge, so i'd like all of you guys to decide for me. i feel like this is a great way to get my name out there and be seen by the world, and i have no problem with paying my way in.
Perhaps, it just can't be me nor Bizz for the SS since we can't fight twice in a row on it.

Renth

Smash Hero
You don't even have to be interesting. Just get into a piss fight with someone on twitter. Works for everyone else.

Slox/tafo are nobodies

Renth

Smash Hero
Renth, since you're basically the only person in Florida who has ever heard of recording, can you pleeeeease get you vs darkrain recorded... and any other ganon matches you'd like recorded?
Roflmao you have no idea how true this is. I might I don't like taking my laptop to things I've had things stolen at tournaments. It's the reason I don't bring set ups anymore

Top Bottom