• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Superspright

Smash Lord
most people don't know other good ganon players exist outside of kage and bizz. it's quite sad. more ganon players need to become mainstream!
Bizzarro has showcased a lot of his stuff, and Kage has been around for years...and used to have much better placings. The other Ganondorfs are known but are retired. We'll probably never see a Linguini full tilt again, or Tipman, or Eddy, etc.

Sorry for the doublepost x.x

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
most people don't know other good ganon players exist outside of kage and bizz. it's quite sad. more ganon players need to become mainstream!
People at the tournament i went to last weekend were like omg you move like bizzaro flame. i was like bro. I've been doing this since 2005 Bizzaro is a new born baby compared to how long I've been playing he's just more main stream.

They were all like WOoOOoOooOOooOo
In a local, I only did ledge jump to down-B and they said it was the "socal" I'm like wtf is going on here... We're going to teach these fools some proper manners!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlzFX1Elapk&list=UUD6tIJJBphnkLUnlLwQoKag&index=3 Me vs Lamp (Pkm)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWCklZ93M8&index=4&list=UUD6tIJJBphnkLUnlLwQoKag Vs Cman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HazjlSPTs44&index=10&list=UUD6tIJJBphnkLUnlLwQoKag Ganon mirror friendly. That no impact into grab ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4-4rRBcxLM&index=11&list=UUD6tIJJBphnkLUnlLwQoKag vs Keo.

Have fun... =)

Last edited:

tm

Smash Ace
:D Sweet! I hope to see you there! Get some friendlies?
Of course. I have short brown hair and will be playing ganondorf.

In a local, I only did ledge jump to down-B and they said it was the "socal" I'm like wtf is going on here... We're going to teach these fools some proper manners!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlzFX1Elapk&list=UUD6tIJJBphnkLUnlLwQoKag&index=3 Me vs Lamp (Pkm)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWCklZ93M8&index=4&list=UUD6tIJJBphnkLUnlLwQoKag Vs Cman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HazjlSPTs44&index=10&list=UUD6tIJJBphnkLUnlLwQoKag Ganon mirror friendly. That no impact into grab ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4-4rRBcxLM&index=11&list=UUD6tIJJBphnkLUnlLwQoKag vs Keo.

Have fun... =)
Yesss, gimme dem Kage vids.

Coastward

Smash Lord

Have fun... =)
i really wish you went ganon against lampadaires.

i remember when he kicked my ass and JV5'd me at one of my first tournaments LMAO

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
@ Divinokage Divinokage Where are your sets vs BAM? Those are the ones I'm looking the most forward to.

Also, my analyzing of Kage vs Westballz at Apex 2014 is now on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpB24AxnDRo

The Kage vs Dr. Peepee at Apex 2014 set had the first 30 minutes or so muted cause lol music was audible for the first 2 minutes. I was able to get the second and third part of that set, so not all hope is lost. Next time, when I study some Linguini vs Dr. Peepee matches, I'll make sure to just not do music, cause before I thought I could just download the video through twitch video downloader or something, but that didn't work this time.

EDIT: Kage vs Dr. Peepee at Apex 2014 part 2: http://youtu.be/k5LZyH_Xx2U
part 3: http://youtu.be/24bxa6cHZrU

Last edited:

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Extremely skeptical about uthrow -> dtilt comboing though.
I'm telling you man, it works lol. It's DI dependent and only at certain percents I think, but we were playing on the 20XX hack thing and there's this hack that turns the character a different color while in hit stun and the falcon was in hit stun the entire time (as evidenced by his blue color). So it is a true combo.

Don't dismiss it! dtilt is often a better follow up than ftilt from an up throw, seeing as how it can lead to a free fair / up air. Again, I'm pretty sure it's DI dependent, so it's probably best used as a mixup. Like when you keep ftilting after up throw, your opponent will be conditioned to DI in, so dtilt and get your free areal.

While I'm talking about dtilt, more of us need to follow up better after it. It's a good tech chase starter (crouch cancel --> dtilt --> tech chase), and a lot of the time, your opponent will land at that perfect spot where ganon can cover tech in place / behind with a dsmash or tech in place / away with the purple boot. Almost nobody (myself included, even though I've told myself to a million times) is prepared for the tech chase situation after landing a dtilt and it's a damn shame. Just remember that you don't have to tech chase with an areal every time.

Haha, thanks Spidey :) I wouldn't call myself a newcomer anymore though, no excuses. It's time for me to really level up. I'm done getting top 5 at the Chicago tournaments, I want top 3. Kels, Dart, PseudoTurtle, the rest.

Kage, good stuff. Your falcon looks better every time I see it. Damn, it's been so long since I last saw you play. Who did you use vs. Bam? Ganon or falcon?

Dave, feel better man. Hopefully that fresh beach air can help. Looking forward to those updates! I love tech chasing...

Last edited:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm telling you man, it works lol. It's DI dependent and only at certain percents I think, but we were playing on the 20XX hack thing and there's this hack that turns the character a different color while in hit stun and the falcon was in hit stun the entire time (as evidenced by his blue color). So it is a true combo.

Don't dismiss it! dtilt is often a better follow up than ftilt from an up throw, seeing as how it can lead to a free fair / up air. Again, I'm pretty sure it's DI dependent, so it's probably best used as a mixup. Like when you keep ftilting after up throw, your opponent will be conditioned to DI in, so dtilt and get your free areal.

While I'm talking about dtilt, more of us need to follow up better after it. It's a good tech chase starter (crouch cancel --> dtilt --> tech chase), and a lot of the time, your opponent will land at that perfect spot where ganon can cover tech in place / behind with a dsmash or tech in place / away with the purple boot. Almost nobody (myself included, even though I've told myself to a million times) is prepared for the tech chase situation after landing a dtilt and it's a damn shame. Just remember that you don't have to tech chase with an areal every time.

Haha, thanks Spidey :) I wouldn't call myself a newcomer anymore though, no excuses. It's time for me to really level up. I'm done getting top 5 at the Chicago tournaments, I want top 3. Kels, Dart, PseudoTurtle, the rest.

Kage, good stuff. Your falcon looks better every time I see it. Damn, it's been so long since I last saw you play. Who did you use vs. Bam? Ganon or falcon?

Dave, feel better man. Hopefully that fresh beach air can help. Looking forward to those updates! I love tech chasing...
I used all my 3 of my chars vs Bam. Ganon, Falcon and Marth.

tm

Smash Ace

Alright, cool. Touche, and I'll be looking out for that stuff. I always forget that downB can cover tech away (so good)

Coastward

Smash Lord
man, i never realized how safe it is to go offstage against fox/falco when theyre using up.

everytime i watch myself play now, i keep going for fair now and if it misses, i just jump again and go for uair. feels good.

and also i can agree with joe that uthrow > dtilt works, its just not too good. it works at like >20% and the dtilt barely has any knockback. so its pretty risky to throw out.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Kage, let me ask you a question about Bam. Is he really that good vs Ganon? It honestly seems like you just have a mental block only against him.
Ya he is. Vwins and Pkm are also pretty broken vs Ganon. It's not just a mental block, their player skill is also very high. I mean they can both beat very high level players which is why it's incredibly tough every time. Vwins beat Linguini pretty handily if I remember. I don't see myself losing to a Ganon either. I can show you how weak Ganon is for real lol. Can do even Falcon vs Ganon vs anyone and im certain it would be easy for me. If you disagree can always MM when im present. ;)

Last edited:

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Of course. I have short brown hair and will be playing ganondorf.

Yesss, gimme dem Kage vids.
Awesome! I have long, luscious blonde hair and a heart of gold. My name tag will be Wink (as it is on here haha) and I too will be playing Ganon... or maybe Falcon.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
@ Coastward Coastward yea I guess it works at low % like 20, but it's definitely better at the higher ones. This way you can follow up with an up air / fair or, if the knockback isn't high enough for an areal, get that extra percent in before a tech chase (similar to first hit nair --> fair, like kage and bizzarro flame frequently do) because it will cause knockdown.

I would say definitely don't go for a dtilt after a grab at 20% haha, just tech chase them.

tm, down b is actually really good as a tech chase for tech in place / missed tech / tech away. I used to use it a lot, but I don't really use it at all anymore, and I'm not sure why. I opt for the fair when they DI in front and tech away, while down b does almost the same damage as fair, but with better option coverage. The knockback is good too. The only time I can really say that going for a fair is clearly better is at low %, where you can create another tech chase situation. Time to change up my game.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
@ Coastward Coastward yea I guess it works at low % like 20, but it's definitely better at the higher ones. This way you can follow up with an up air / fair or, if the knockback isn't high enough for an areal, get that extra percent in before a tech chase (similar to first hit nair --> fair, like kage and bizzarro flame frequently do) because it will cause knockdown.

I would say definitely don't go for a dtilt after a grab at 20% haha, just tech chase them.

tm, down b is actually really good as a tech chase for tech in place / missed tech / tech away. I used to use it a lot, but I don't really use it at all anymore, and I'm not sure why. I opt for the fair when they DI in front and tech away, while down b does almost the same damage as fair, but with better option coverage. The knockback is good too. The only time I can really say that going for a fair is clearly better is at low %, where you can create another tech chase situation. Time to change up my game.
Side-B perhaps at lower % in these cases? Don't forget about that =P

Divinokage

Smash Legend
For sure. Although you have to be on top of them if it's falco / falcon or the forward roll will go too far
I see.. I looked at those recent vids I posted recently. I truly play on instinct because I know I could be doing better to punish stuff depending on the matchup however I don't really think about it when I fight. Then I watch myself and notice how much openings I have and why select players can destroy me at times. This game...

Superspright

Smash Lord
F*ck you dude. I eat plenty. You have no idea what I do or what I'm capable of. I've done 173 days in a row averaging 11 hours a day. I'd describe the work to you but it's not worth it and you wouldn't understand.
*Shrugs* Describe it. I've worked over 24 hours straight before ripping up floors in skyscrapers. I severely doubt you eat enough. You probably eat **** food if you're tired all the time. You can take this offensively, or take the constructive criticism. No 20 something should be tired from an 11 hour day. Sorry dude. The only time work ever bothered me [made me crazy] was when i was doing 18 hour days for months.

I mean, if you weigh under 150 pounds I can see how most physical professions can tire you out. Only smaller guys [this includes fat guys with no muscle] tend to get tired from physical labor. They just don't have the stamina/physical strength to deal with the constant heavy load-carrying and whatnot. Not saying small guys aren't great workers, but they aren't carrying a 150 pound roller around with one hand.

If that's the case, then I am sorry I mentioned it. You're just genetically disadvantaged.

@ X WaNtEd X X WaNtEd X

I am giving him a suggestion. I just never heard of 20 somethings being tired from a 10 or 11 hour day. Unless they were very weak, eating the wrong things, or very small. I mean...I hear a lot of ******** from my generation but I can't imagine them being tired from such a short day. My grandfather used to chop wood every day until the day he died. He never was tired of doing anything. I think the whole 'tired' thing is a lack of sleep, too much sugar and fats [bad fats] and not enough clean carbs and protein.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
Warning Received
Okay, Ace. I guess you're just an emaciated shriveled up donkey scrotum. I understand now. Sorry for giving your puny ass a suggestion.

[EDIT]

Why did you edit telling me to stfu and calling me a puny ****? I mean come on. At least show us how petty you really are. I was beginning to enjoy unfurling the reality that you're a weakling.

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I told you to eat a ****, which still stands. I have infractions and dont really want 6 points.

Lol at weakling comment. If we ever meet, give me your best shot *****. See what happens.

Last edited:

RedmanSSBM

Improving My Process
Yo @ S Superspright where are you at again? I really would like to play you in some Ganon dittos at some point. You seem like the most mysterious person here, mostly cause I haven't seen anything from you but solid advice at times, so you know your stuff. I'd just like to see how you play.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
What is this the ****ing Jenny Craig forums?

Lmao **** outta here, I'll return when we start talking about literally anything else besides proper diet lollll. And yo, spright, I have to call bs on you working 18 hour days for months straight and "not feeling ****." And there's nothing wrong with feeling tired after 10 or 11 hour shifts either, you're probably insulting like 9/10 average working people by saying that. Last summer I was doing 12 hours and feeling tired as ****. And what I was doing wasn't even that physically daunting. Work is tough, man.

I don't have any problem with you dude, but you can't just bull **** around like that lol you bet your ass I'm gonna call you out on it.

Last edited:

Superspright

Smash Lord
Yo @ S Superspright where are you at again? I really would like to play you in some Ganon dittos at some point. You seem like the most mysterious person here, mostly cause I haven't seen anything from you but solid advice at times, so you know your stuff. I'd just like to see how you play.
I'm in NY. I live on Long Island though. I had a few videos, but they got taken down. I had one video up of some tournament stuff where I was beating the '3rd best player' on the Island. I'm definitely going to Apex this year come hell or high water. So if you're going there I'm sure you'll see me.

@ PseudoTurtle PseudoTurtle

I am going to be forthright with you because you're annoying me...but learn to read. I said that 18 hour days knocked me down. I felt it trust me.You need at least 7 hours of SOLID unbroken sleep a night to fix the mental fatigue aspect, and also to grow and repair.

If you're tired, work on your diet, exercise more (especially cardio) and weight train (lift heavy) so your muscles don't fatigue as fast. Mainly using a combination of good diet, relaxing when you can, and training you can give yourself a ton of energy.

Last edited:

Renth

Smash Hero
For all newer players coming to learn Ganondorf stuff here

This is also the jerry springer specific learning zone. So occasionally we all get dramatic that never accomplishes anything.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I was bench pressing 340 back when superfight was jerkin' it to the lingerie section of Sear's catalog, this is all lulz to me. I was really just letting you guys know why I haven't really been able to update that thread. But from now on I'm going to ignore people who act like idiots.

Let's talk Ganon.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
@ Coastward Coastward Make them think you're going to aerial. Condition your opponent to be afraid of your bair or fair and then go for the tomahawk.
do you think if you do like, full hop with an aerial, they'll think you'll come down with another aerial and you can just tomahawk then? this is probably gonna be more situational once i come across more experienced players.

King Mob

Smash Cadet
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen a conversation about nutrition get so heated. But, back to Ganon. I'm a new player, and, in all honesty, I'm pretty bad. I think most of my problems stem from weak spacing. So, I was wondering if someone could give me a general breakdown breakdown of Ganondorf spacing theory.

Top Bottom