• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
a few things that I think are crucial with ganon and this discussion:

1. ganon is probably the toughest character to edge guard 2nd to luigi and ness, if he's offstage you may as well let him grab the ledge sweetspot or not because he has so many options to out prioritize whatever you throw at him
2. you can punch through samus's missiles(seriously, try it)
3. reverse uair is ganon's worst option off the edge, only worth it under certain circumstances such as mid upB on mewtwo or during IC's sideB return.
4. the safest utilization of ganon's dair hitbox is when you hit falco with it offstage mid-fantasm around ganon's armpit/shoulder area

tell me if this was useful at all, i'll be glad to share more.
This is truly helping me perfect my game. Please continue.

PS to Ganon Boards Mods:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SoWNMNKNeM

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Tell me more.
- the most effective way to cancel/punish samus' missiles is with ganon's nair. this is probably unnecessary to point out, but this way you can cancel the missile with the first hit of the nair then use the 2nd hit to punish directly after. Note: it's imperative NOT to try this against samus' charged shot.

- the best way I have found for ganon to deal with falco's lasers is to powershield them all. it takes full day of tech skill practice but it can be done.

Dorsey I'm in wilmington we should get drunk for new years and ****

Edit: last word is s**t. Just to clear any confusion.....
nice clarification, we don't want to give kirbykaze any ideas here. he digs my bro enough as is, it would be for the best if he didn't have a glimpse at blackmon v.2

i'm down though chris! we're due for some good times. i'm in hatty but i'm going back to wilmy after x-mas.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
LOL I didn't even realize that.

Jessie Blackman, you are seriously helping me improve my ganon. What is the best way to WF spike pikachu?
i'd probably try to WF spike him mid 1st or 2nd teleport. i may even do it inverted for style points

and thank you kage, I just tried jabbing the charged shot and it has honestly made me re-think the entire ganon samus MU. I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Linguini

Smash Master
Nah renth I don't travel anymore, last time I practiced for a tourney was over a year ago loool. all my interest and time that I used to put in smash I now put into music

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya I do use Nairs on fast-fallers at like 60-70% or on floaties at 0%-20% after a downthrow. It's a quick move that may send opponents off-stage quickly or to allow you to combo with another aerial afterwards. (Sometimes even Uair to Fair if they keep DIing inside lol) It's pretty hard to react to as well because usually opponents will DI inside Ganon, not away.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Got second at a Georgia tournament tonight, lost to Soft, a jiggs main in grand finals. We played in winners finals and I lost 3-2. Then in grand finals I won the first set 3-2, and lost the second set 3-2.

I think it's safe to say that my best matchups are Peach, Jiggs, Sheik, and Samus, and that my worst are Fox/Falco. Really need to get around this ****.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Got second at a Georgia tournament tonight, lost to Soft, a jiggs main in grand finals. We played in winners finals and I lost 3-2. Then in grand finals I won the first set 3-2, and lost the second set 3-2.

I think it's safe to say that my best matchups are Peach, Jiggs, Sheik, and Samus, and that my worst are Fox/Falco. Really need to get around this ****.
I remember Soft. I've never played him though. I remember her randomly showed up to a Memphis biweekly once, when they were playing really often. He got like 3rd lol.

Memphis is really, really stacked. Iori, Nite, IHSB, and at the time -Chad-.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Hey, I've seen some good female smashers. :p Granted, they were mostly Brawlers, but still... Last time I went to Apex '12, there was a girl who was hanging around Wobbles all the time (close friend or gf or something). She also played ICs and she was decent. She had no idea how to fight Samus, but she was okay at the game. I think her tag was Admiral or something. I also happened to see a pretty good female Samus main there whom apparently the whole Samus community knows about.

Renth

Smash Hero
This thread gets derailed so much. I'll be back whenever people want to talk about ganon stuff.

I don't care about female gamers. ^ ^ what Ian said

Who cares.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Merry Christmas Ganon mains.

Also, I have more trouble vs Falco. But Fox is difficult. I know it consists of lots of positioning tricks and jabbing approaching NAirs, but I just feel like Fox can get between any and all of Ganon's moves. And since Fox is so much faster, the neutral game is always in Foxes favor. And shine destroys Ganon unconditionally.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
we shouldn't forget how to cc. That stuff is useful. Most of my hits against pps fox comes from cc dtilt. I can't get much out of it though. Cornering him is what u wanna do, but I can't ever lock down pp of course, but. Bair should be useful for locking down many foxes under platforms.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Fox is a really difficult matchup. But if I can get one hit, usually I can follow up pretty well, and cc jab is unbelievably useful, it can lead into a grab, dtilt, or a tech chase opportunity (that they will more than likely miss the tech or freak out and tech a certain way by habit).

Tech chasing with wizard foot: thoughts? It's 3/4 guaranteed and unpunishable if you guess the wrong direction (unlike side-b)

Let's talk about falco. Falco mains who are worse than me destroy me effortlessly.

Also, what G. Vice said about shines. Is there any way to avoid getting ***** by waveshines?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Mix your sdi in and out. He will have to change wavedash length to keep u going the same way. When u get to the edge hold down and in so u don't fall off the stage for free. You'll grab the edge no matter where the last shine hit u from I think.

Top Bottom