• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A How to Wreck *****es with Ganon?- Linguini Q&A Thread

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I finally figured out how to beat Bam (Falco) after all this time but it's still very difficult lol. You have to abuse the player's habits before they happen in order to not get comboed like crazy and die. You basically have call his shots or lasers/jumps and then use that opportunity to put him off-stage as soon as you can and kill him early. This matchup... is tough still. lol. He's not allowed to live past 80% or else it gives him too many opportunities to open you up.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
DK's really fun, though!

n' yeah Falco is really hard for big characters x_x we get such limited movement options as it is and he just pewpew's us and we can't move, and then he touches us and we die =(

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
You dont follow your own advice, Ian. You want people to play Ganon like crazy but you dont even do it yourself. Psh...
i play ganondorf more than the majority of people do. it just so happens that i love the other big characters in the game almost as much as i do ganondorf. dk and bowser are awesome characters, as is ganondorf.

i do follow my own advice.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Just how do I ledgedash with Ganon? It seems impossibly hard to pull off and I can't do anything from the ledge because of it.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i play ganondorf more than the majority of people do. it just so happens that i love the other big characters in the game almost as much as i do ganondorf. dk and bowser are awesome characters, as is ganondorf.

i do follow my own advice.
Only tournament matters for that type of case, you can't be a true blood Ganon if you play other chars in tournament. It doesnt matter who you play outside of that, i play spacies.. Falcon/Marth with friends plenty of times too.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Ya but I'm already established as the best so it doesn't matter for me. =)
I like this mentality lol. But Ian, it's true that most of the time you go to tournaments and don't even use Ganon. And now you're on a Bowser kick. I even called you out about it on here, how you never do anything with Ganon, but you go to tournaments and use DK, Bowser, Fox...anybody but Ganon really. I've never understood that.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
...it means that i played 64 first and used analog for jump there.

I like this mentality lol. But Ian, it's true that most of the time you go to tournaments and don't even use Ganon. And now you're on a Bowser kick. I even called you out about it on here, how you never do anything with Ganon, but you go to tournaments and use DK, Bowser, Fox...anybody but Ganon really. I've never understood that.
1. i use fox in teams, not singles.

2. people don't know how to team with ganondorf, and often don't like teaming with him.

3. i haven't used dk in tournament in a long, long time, so you should show me the last time you've seen it happen

but yeah, come to think of it, i haven't been using ganondorf as much as i should. it's because i only play with people that are way underneath my level these days, and i eventually end up having to use ****ty characters against them to challenge myself even remotely, or to learn anything. one of those characters was bowser. that's why i started using him.

guess i'll just use only ganondorf now to not be a hypocrite.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well it's true as long as people have in their minds as me being an awesome warrior then as long as I can maintain that image then it won't matter exactly what I do. He called me out on using Marth when I tried that vs Hbox because I know using Ganon vs him is terrible and I still use him 99% of the time. But then i hear Hbox is also ridiculous vs Falcon and Marth.. so he's basically my ultimate counter. lol. In that case, I just have to be better than him overall, there's no other choice.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
you also used marth vs nite :troll:
Lol, Nite is amazing vs Ganon. Although, I'm surprised that Kage did that anyway. Usually he would just try to overpower him with his warrior spirit!!

And Ian, you posted it up as a status who knows who long ago. Like a couple months.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol, Nite is amazing vs Ganon. Although, I'm surprised that Kage did that anyway. Usually he would just try to overpower him with his warrior spirit!!

And Ian, you posted it up as a status who knows who long ago. Like a couple months.
Wasnt feeling it that set. Do you know how hard it is to maintain 100% power for 3 days? lol.

Edit: More specifically, wasn't feeling it to play a Falco with Ganon.. my mindset wasn't good or wasn't high enough. lol.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Wasnt feeling it that set. Do you know how hard it is to maintain 100% power for 3 days? lol.

Edit: More specifically, wasn't feeling it to play a Falco with Ganon.. my mindset wasn't good or wasn't high enough. lol.
The only substance I've ever gotten high on that got me focused into god mode is a stimulant. Pot definitely isn't helping you do anything but relax--it's stupefying. Try not smoking for a while.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
That's exactly why I do it, I smoke to diminish my spirit because if not it's too much even for my own body and I can't do the Falco matchup otherwise lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
They do. Toperall is a helluva drug.

Chronic can give you inspiration and let you see the game differently. It can even make you more technical at times, but general reaction time gets hindered. Good for nerves though, if you're the type of person where your mind is constantly going 1000mph and you just want to focus on the game and nothing more. That and it can also cause you to stop trying hard. lol

Superspright

Smash Lord
If you people are truly interested in a substance that would increase mental acuity and make one more 'stable' and vigilant then look into the racetam family. Piracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam all are extremely safe [safer than stimulants] and give you the results of a stimulant without having the jitteryness, or the paranoia--Piracetam increases communication between the hemispheres, and increases acetylcholine uptake I believe. The mechanism isn't well understood, but it seems to be safer than table-salt. And it's 100% legal, and can be bought off the internet. It's just not well known right now and will get banned very soon because people are probably going to start finding ways to abuse it. I've tried piracetam so far, and it's the weakest one and I've noticed a huge difference in my memories and ability to focus and just be 'in the moment'. Some people use it before they trip on crazy drugs to get back 'the magic' of weird substances. This is one of the reasons why it will probably get banned.

I'd suggest anyone to try it--it's safer than any stimulant you can get. And I have 'ADHD' or something like it, and stimulants always make me psychotic after taking them for too long--I begin to hear things and perceive threats that aren't there because of my overactive vigilance.

And I don't know how relaxing helps fighting Falco. You gotta be SO on point to get into his frame holes, or even FIND anything. It's a disgustingly awesome match-up [my personal favorite]. Smoking definitely ******* the hell out of my brain. When I don't smoke it feels like I got a Ferrari in my head, and when I smoke it's like my Ferrari crashes into a wall and I go out and buy a hatchback piece of crap. It gets me places, but I'm definitely not stylin' anymore.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
How do you suppose you snipe someone without being calm and collected? You can't be excited in these cases. I definitely style a lot better because even I don't know what I'm going to do next so my opponents can't read me.

Superspright

Smash Lord
I don't experience strong excitement or agitation unless something crazy happens that day. You need to just meditate and calm your head. Realize your ego is trying to dominate you--and play the game--don't let the game play you. And you should always know what you're going to do next, but not what you're going to do at that moment. It's a difficult balance between non-thinking reaction and thinking reaction. I am starting to find a happy medium and it lets me focus well enough to feel other's timings while keeping mine strange enough to be harder to read. Ganon is very slow though, so most people can just react to him. I can powershield anything of his except for his jab. And he's god-awful on shield.

And clearly your opponents read you because you get beaten. You just may be HARDER to read, but you're just falling into subconscious habits that others can see and exploit just as readily.

Superspright

Smash Lord
all things considered, i think kage has done things pretty well over the last few years.
Doing well and crushing every opponent you face is two different things. I think PP can attest to that--or Armada. There are clearly some decisions that are made by people that are patently wrong, or incorrect--getting uptight over picking the wrong decision or wrong option is futile and counter-intuitive. Getting emotional over a videogame that requires razor focus is counterproductive to the experience of actually trying to win. I rarely feel emotions when I play the game--or at least block them out. I can sometimes feel my adrenaline going though if the stakes are high--but I still ignore that, albeit my chest may be pounding.

And sometimes I take painkillers and play--but it's just good fun then. I can't play WELL when I am on anything. My brain is usually hypomanic or manic, so I perform better without the hindrance of drugs that slow my processes down.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I may be as skilled it's just that I used a wrong character as people say. =P I think my doubles performance is proof that I'm able to see/react to what the best can do. However, overcoming that skill in 1v1 is much harder since I can't get covered by my partner and Ganon gets punished too hard off-stage in order to have 2nd chances to beat your opponent. That's how it feels to me when I play everybody.

But ya for me the green stuff helps me to be unpredictable and be more technical.. more relaxed. If not, I can get too hyper normally, my spirit isn't just for show. ;)

Top Bottom