• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to prepare for BRAWL

vato_break

Smash Master
anyone know how to pratice with melee
mabe not using any advanced moves in melee
or is brawl just completly differnt from melee

and sorry if theres already a topic on this

StealthFighterX

Smash Journeyman
Since its a whole new game with a new engine..its kinda hard to practice in melee for brawl..i say just start out fresh in brawl dont even bother to practice in melee. We gotta learn everything all over again..

TastelessRamen

Smash Apprentice
Stop edge guarding, stop wavedashing and l cancelling, don't roll edge hog, and play on low gravity mode.

^^,

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
Ah, for the love of God, I only recently learned how to Wave Dash... ah well, it won't be coming out for another few months, so I'm okay

TastelessRamen

Smash Apprentice
haha, I was just joking btw, if you have melee and want to train for brawl you really just can't.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
There really isn't a "right way" to train for brawl. If anything I would say just lay low on the advanced stuff, but where is the fun in that? And besides, it won't make you any worse.

Tyros

Smash Cadet
Just like Melee was VERY different from 64, Brawl will be VERY different from Melee. *nods some* Don't worry about training for it on Melee, you'll just have to learn a brand new game when Brawl comes out. n.n

- Tyros

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Four player free for alls with items, thats what I'm doing to hopefully help me in Brawl a little bit. Also I've just been doing random 1v1 matchups vs the computer, it doesn't really help though as I can beat the computer in any 1v1 matchup.

Besides that playing Killer Instict is an interesting distraction.

Might go back to playing Counter-Strike for awhile if I get too bored.

bluekitsune13

Smash Journeyman
I'm personally doing NOTHING to prepare. I haven't even touched any Smash game for the last month. What I liked most about the Smash games is that first impression. I want to have that feeling of awe when I get Brawl too.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
It's completely possible to practice melee to get better at brawl.

Practice things like spacing attacks. Now that doesn't neccesarily mean being at the edge of your range, but learn to recognize when you are landing to close to the enemy (within shield grab range).

Against human opponents, practice mindgames. By that I mean you need to learn to recognize patterns given by the people you are fighting.

Basically, practice things that rely on your mental game rather than finger speed.

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
play on slow mode
dont wave dash or l-cancel
try not to youse your overly powerful moves

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
do what youve been doing.

techs help.

make sure youre masterful in melee before moving on to brawl,

itll definently help ease the transition.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Since its a whole new game with a new engine..its kinda hard to practice in melee for brawl..i say just start out fresh in brawl dont even bother to practice in melee. We gotta learn everything all over again..
Not really, when I played at eforall it wasn't that different from a basic view. Think of it like Halo. Halo 1 to Halo 2 was a huge change, lots of new different things, but Halo 2 to Halo 3 wasn't as much.

Pretty much the same deal here. Smash64 to Melee was a lot more different then Melee to Brawl. The basics in Brawl are pretty much the same. I had to spend more time getting used to using the classic controller then I had to get used to the game's new physics. They might screw up things like wavedashing, but basic gameplay is still very similar.

Top Bottom