• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to do the Infinite/Wobbling

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm trying to get better at wobbling. Should I learn the f-tilt variation or the jab cancel variation? And if the answer is the latter, is there a specific way to perform it in order to increase the chance of success?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I prefer the f-tilt variation myself, although I think I may want to start using d-tilt or jab cancels for when playing on Dreamland--Wispy has ruined a few too many of my infinites and I'd like him to stop.

I can't help you with the jab-cancels other than to say that if you hold back and down at the right angle, the game cancels your jabs as quickly as possible... but I bet you knew that already, so I've got no good advice.

Binx

Smash Master
I have an easier time with the d-tilt one, its not perfect but I can regularly grab level 8-9 computers into the 150's with it.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I usually use ftilt. Dtilt is probably better for annoying the opponent since it does damage at an even slower rate, though.

On Dreamland, I still do the ftilt infinite most of the time, but I transition to dtilt mid-wobble if blown near the edge.

Are there any good reasons to choose the jab-cancel infinite over the ftilt one?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I can't think of one, except for Dreamland. I think f-tilt is the fastest of the three, so if you wind up playing on a moving stage then it's what you'd want to use.

Binx: Well, that's a good enough percent for any opponent I should think :)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
question for anyone

cg'ing marth...just dthrow dair right? is there any other variation?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
At 0% you can d-throw cg once, after that he can jump out no matter what you do.

D-throw d-air works as long as he doesn't DI or he DIs towards you, but he can easily escape with DI up and jumping out. If he's DIing away I believe d-throw reverse d-air works. You can try to get him to mash with blizzards and jabs and you'll have a better chance of him not escaping.

If you know that the Marth knows correct DI, d-throw reverse sh d-air u-tilt (follow up with b-air) works well. Not exactly a chaingrab, but it does a lot of % and puts you in a good position.

Near the ledges LCG (check the sticky right under this). The timing on marth is a little hard, but w/e.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
Your opponent could probably complain that it's distracting. But if you just made an 8-minute mp3 of a 200 bpm click and wore headphones it should be legal. And there's no way they'd know what you were listening to anyway. I've seen Ken wearing headphones during matches.
LMAO. imagine the stuff Ken was listening to was acutally a voice record saying "yo, do f air, then d air" ROFL ROFL

ONTOPIC: THANKS! i can finalyl do wobbles now. BUt i cant really do infinite with the blizard ;(
do i have to do it fast like wobble?

Smash Master
Is there a video demonstrating the jab wobble? The slow death is starting to get to a few of my opponents.

Binx

Smash Master
LMAO. imagine the stuff Ken was listening to was acutally a voice record saying "yo, do f air, then d air" ROFL ROFL

ONTOPIC: THANKS! i can finalyl do wobbles now. BUt i cant really do infinite with the blizard ;(
do i have to do it fast like wobble?
There is no infinite with the blizzard it lags to much after it goes off.

Only forward tilt and dtilt work to my knowledge, people say jab too but I've personally never seen it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i've wondered for a while if it'd be tournament-kosher to start randomly clapping if you're getting wobbled to try to throw the guy off

Smash Master
i've wondered for a while if it'd be tournament-kosher to start randomly clapping if you're getting wobbled to try to throw the guy off
I don't see how that's different from mashing the buttons on your own controller in an offbeat fashion, so I say go for it.

Not sure about the effectiveness, though.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
man i love wobbling, i love money matching people and seeing their faces in disgust when i wobble them, then i calmly say, this will teach you not to get grabbed

and they don't really have a response to that

some people tell me to stop sometimes, but then I let them know they can't do anything to stop me

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
For real wobbling is the best but its hard to set up a wobble when you have fox shine spamming allover the place. :( Is there any easier way to defuse an out of control fox?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Nice I'll keep that in mind now all I need to figure out how to stop nana from getting CF knee'd. I think those are the problems I really had, that and rolling which I've majorly cut down. But thanks for the advice.

wool

Smash Ace
Hahaha that probably could work too.
I know it messes me up when my friend starts stomping his feet in frustration :laugh:

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Well, practicing with it would pretty much ingraine the beat in your head and you wouldn't need the metronome anyhow.

But it would be pretty cool before a match to look your opponent square in the eye and turn the metronome on, and to the sound of the ticking say:

"This is the sound of your defeat."
Better yet,
"This is the beat
of your defeat"
Lulz.

I'm gonna practice this like mad tonight.

Quick questions?

~How do I set it up properly?
~What percent range can I get? Up to 999?

I think I'll be able to figure everything out after that :3

Binx

Smash Master
grab have both climbers still for a fraction of a second, hit a so popo headbutts and nana jabs, then start forward tilting with the correct rythym.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Hyesz any percentage you want, it´s an infinite. Go for 10 000+(counted as stalling in tournaments:p)

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
K. I'm not known around the Ice Climbers.

But... You guys are gonna love me for this;
http://www.anachromy.com/200bpmmetronome.mp3

Yep. That's 200 B.P.M, which is what Wobbles said is the correct rhythm.
I got my friend to whip it up when I read about this technique.

K. Right click and save to your MP3/Ipods guys.
Let's abuse our numbers.

BTW I call this track "The Beat Of Your Defeat" cause that epic post earlier.

Waynebruce

Smash Cadet
I love you for this. I`m not a IC player usually, but started training with them about a week ago

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I Doomed the Wobble already, Got all my friends in a 0- Death with that...

Buford

Smash Apprentice
just a thought, to make this a whole lot easier for people trying to learn it, on the first post put in big red letters

"push the jab/pummel button (A) at 200BMP!"

seems people cant find the timing

Cauterize

Smash Cadet
Woo just learned too wobble! For some reason ( i think somebody posted it) thinking of the song george of the jungle is what made me break down my barrier and figure out the wobble :D

Top Bottom