• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to do the Infinite/Wobbling

Pookiez

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, how I learned this was I synced up my button pressing to the song "This Calling" by All That Remains (its at 200-210ish bpm) and now I can wobble perfectly :D every time i go to do it, i just 'sing' the song in my head and go from there. So, I suggest everyone find a song that's easy to remember and is at 200 bpm (there's lots in metal music >.>;;; FTW!) if you're still trying to learn ;)
Ayaame, I love you for this. I couldn't get the timing down until i read this. lol, btw i'm totally burning this song into my next mix CD I make to keep the rhythm better :O

DaGarbageMang

Smash Cadet
Awesome. Took a few hours practicing but now I can wobble. :D
At first I was aiming to do the rhythm at 200 bpm but it wasn't working at all for me cause I suck so I lowered down to the 160 ish area and I got it fine.

Pookiez

Smash Apprentice
Today I was playing smash at school I was wobbling in friendlies because I'm really trying to get the feel of incorporating it into my game... anyways one of them smacked my controller and another decided to pause the game randomly ><. I don't mind that much since they are friendlies, but we all had a good laugh about it, so I decided to share it here.

chaos 9

Smash Cadet
what do you guys think is better, freeze glitch or wobbling. and by the way why is freeze glitch banned if wobbling is not? my top four characters are
Main: samus
second: IC ftw
third: fox
forth: ness
i picked these 4 either because of a glitch or becuase of brokenness ie. fox. but now i can own up with IC. great thread

Pookiez

Smash Apprentice
umm, w/ the freeze glitch you could get a stock advantage, do it, and then go to the bathroom or something and come back in time to win by time. Why wouldn't that be banned?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
When you wobble someone, he or she still has full control of their character, they just can't escape the grab. It's an "exploitation of the game's physics" much like wavedashing. Just more evil.

I'd assume the freeze glitch is banned because it "indefinitely freezes a character, or causes your opponent to no longer have control over his or her character", or at least that's what every tournament has written under "rules"... ;)

The freeze glitch causes the opponent to have absolutely no control. Wiggling the control stick does nothing, they can't get out if you miss by a frame. Like Pookiez said, it can be used to stall the game, and that is illegal in any form. Secondly, it makes the game unfinishable under a number of circumstances (for example, you froze them too high, or accidentally turned them into an icicle).

dj asakura

Smash Ace
yea, whereas the wobble can be screwed up, the freeze glitch completely stops your opponent from moving and they cant get it unless you choose so.

p.s. wobble does not mean win, IC's need to be FAR deeper then that to win at any decent level of competitive play

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
Great guide. I'm going to learn wobbling as soon as possible. My friends will probably hate me when I do it, but it will be worth it.

Gomi

Smash Apprentice
Im half black so this only works half the time for me... WOBBLES TEACH ME TO OWN LIKE YOU>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pm me you Wii friend code!!!!
lolz just wondering wich one is ezier the first way or the 2nd? i was thinking the 2nd way

and the whole rythem thing in secsonds could someone give me an estamate on the timeing cause i seee to be pussing it the same way every time but it just gets thorwn off

IDontHaveAClue

Smash Rookie
Thank you for all your info on infinite grab. Please explain to me further about this. Everytime I try to do it, it lasts for about 50% only. I grab A, tilt it slowly to the side I am facing, then press A (even rhythm) , I am still tilting slowly until it stops as I press A (still in an even rhythm) , then it just cancels and throws them or they are let go of at 50%. Please message me back about more info.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Im the only person in houston who uses IC's... and I just started like 2 months ago... why is wobbling banned?... houston sucks, all this work for nothing.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
IDontHaveAClue: Eventually you won't need to tilt the joystick because it will go as far as it can in that direction. At that point, you just need to hold it.

Gomi: I do around 3 taps per second.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Wobbling works between 152-176 BPM if your having troubles getting the timing, crank out a metronome I guess. Just set it to 160 or so, in fact if you don't have a metronome, just google an online one.

Binx

Smash Master
shafty no, its not. Wobbling is the thing you see when one IC is grabbing and the other one is just doing a ton of forward tilts and the other person is sitting there getting hit, it's what Chu does vs Azen at I think Vegas, or what wobbles does to noobs when he doesn't want to think.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I know. Marth really needs to be able to kill off a grab that works with his insane dash dance and reaches about as far as Yoshi and Young Link's grabs, except it's faster. Then he would FINALLY be competitively viable.

XD

Shök

Smash Champion
Well, I just picked up Ice Climber's recently. Is there any good tip's or thing's you guy's could help me on?

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Well, I just picked up Ice Climber's recently. Is there any good tip's or thing's you guy's could help me on?
Grab a lot, shieldgrab a lot, wavedash a lot, jab a lot, d-smash a lot, chaingrab a lot, apply wobbling where necessary.

Edit - Read Wobbles' posts a lot.

vipercaleb1

Smash Cadet
I know. Marth really needs to be able to kill off a grab that works with his insane dash dance and reaches about as far as Yoshi and Young Link's grabs, except it's faster. Then he would FINALLY be competitively viable.

XD
LOL, that would rock!!

PS: U rocked in this movie Wobbles http://youtube.com/watch?v=ykXqEv-zb78
I can't do the grab u did at the end, :( I tried though XD:chuckle:

sparkyy

Smash Rookie
wow I never know that was acuatlly possible I must play with the ice Climbers more eventhought I play with them now heh.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
pshhhhhh all i see nowadays is how the infinite is the new "hot ****" on the IC block. **** that dawg, you may be mark wahlberg from NKOTB wobbles... but i'm that coked-up alchie dude from backstreet boys. aj or somethin. i rock nair combos, belay edgeguards, dual-squall WOPs, and nanapult suicide JV 4-stocks.

i'm hot like 99.5. yehhhh u cant touch this...
LOL this was a great post

Ghost300988

Smash Rookie
thanks for posting this wobbles. i never cud reallly understand how to infinite with ic's until this. great work.

d snyde

Smash Apprentice
The wobble infinite does rule GI I hate when it is used against me! grr

Proverbs

Smash Lord
n00b alert: Yeah, I'm having a whole load of trouble learning the timing for wobbling. I can only pull off about 20-50% before Nana hits him out of it or he escapes. After rereading your guide, it says that I should press A "rhythmically" and try to space the attacks as evenly apart as possible. Does that mean that the speed is mostly irrelevant as long as I'm not going too slow, and that I should focus on pressing A at exact time intervals?

I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Top Bottom