• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How Good Would The Cut Characters Be in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
This is a question I've had in my head for about three days. With the new physics and removal of Melee AT's, how good would Roy, Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link, and Doc play? I personally think Mewtwo would be a lot better because I'm sure they would remove the double jump cancel.

Discuss.

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
With the new physics, Roy's inability to truly combo would be less of a liability, his recovery (if they kept side-b intact) would be much safer, and his higher knockback plus increasedly convenient sweetspot would likely put him above Marth, given he gets the cool grab release stuff Marth got.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
In Brawl, a lot of characters are really floaty, and that isn't such a liability any more. Mewtwo would still be comparatively floaty, but he'd be less so and it wouldn't hurt him as much.

Levitas

the moon
With the new physics, Roy's inability to truly combo would be less of a liability, his recovery (if they kept side-b intact) would be much safer, and his higher knockback plus increasedly convenient sweetspot would likely put him above Marth, given he gets the cool grab release stuff Marth got.
Roy had combos.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
This is a question I've had in my head for about three days. With the new physics and removal of Melee AT's, how good would Roy, Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link, and Doc play? I personally think Mewtwo would be a lot better because I'm sure they would remove the double jump cancel.

Discuss.
-> Toon Link

~rh

Smash Lord
Yeah. I would still play Marth, though.

:p

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Doc would likely still have Mario Tornado as his down B, for one. I'd imagine he'd still be a bit more powerful than Mario.

Roy would be a combo-oriented version of Ike. Stronger than Marth, but has many of his combo-able attacks (namely a better air game than Ike's).

Pichu would still be a weaker but faster Pikachu, although he might have something other than Skull Bash this time around. Maybe the existing Pikachu would have had Iron Tail?

Mewtwo would be a Luigified clone of Lucario w/o the percentage-based increasing damage, and would likely have specials that stun instead of power attacks and counters like Lucario. His Final Smash could be the blue psychic sphere he had in the first movie, where he doesn't take any damage, and his psychic attacks would become more powerful. A bit like a controllable, slow Volt Tackle (Pika's FS).

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
If Dr. Mario kept his strength, move properties,and differences from Mario, then perhaps he'd be not quite as good due to due inferior edgegaurding and slwoer attacks.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Mewtwo actually would've been good, aerial pressure and that.
Doctor Mario, Roy, and Captain Falcon would've been pretty good too.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Dr. Mario would have Mario's final smash. Young Link would have Triforce Slash. Pichu would have less speed and would take more damage, in exchange for more power. Mewtwo would be Chuck Norris tier.

Roy would have a Light Arrow final smash to even out Landmaster, Light Arrow, and Triforce Slash. :laugh: But seriously, he'll be made so he doesn't suck anymore like Mewtwo, and will be a luigified clone.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Roy would be as good as Marth?
Pichu would be as good as Pikachu?
Mewtwo would be as good as Lucario?
Young Link would be as good as Toon Link? (aww lame. =/)
Doctor Mario would be as good as Mario?

Thats all I got.
Mewtwo would be better. Or the same at least. =)

Chepe

Smash Lord
Mewtwo would be immensely buffed I'd say. Face it, even at a basic casual level Mewtwo sucked in Melee. Given the balancing system that Sakurai uses (buff the bad, nerf the good), Mewtwo would see the treatment that Zelda got, with reduced lag, faster attack time, and generally more power. I think he would have a lot of move changes as well, and his Side B and Down B would be usable.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo would be immensely buffed I'd say. Face it, even at a basic casual level Mewtwo sucked in Melee. Given the balancing system that Sakurai uses (buff the bad, nerf the good), Mewtwo would see the treatment that Zelda got, with reduced lag, faster attack time, and generally more power. I think he would have a lot of move changes as well, and his Side B and Down B would be usable.
Zelda sucks. Toon Zelda is much better. also if sakurai really buffs the bad guys, how come ganondwarf and rover still suck? :dizzy:

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo, Toon Zelda/Sheik, and Plusle/Minun were the only ones worth putting in out of the forbidden 7.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
...Captain Falcon would've been pretty good too.
Fail.

Zelda sucks. Toon Zelda is much better. also if sakurai really buffs the bad guys, how come ganondwarf and rover still suck? :dizzy:
What the...heck?
And uh, you got it wrong. Tom Nook is the villain, not Rover.

Mewtwo, Toon Zelda/Sheik, and Plusle/Minun were the only ones worth putting in out of the forbidden 7.
Try reading the first post.

How good would the characters be? If they were ported straight from Melee with Brawl physics, Mewtwo and Roy would probably be buffed, Doc and Pichu would probably be worse. And Young Link would be as good as Toon Link.

If they were remade? I have no clue. We can only hope Mewtwo would get buffed.

SkullKidKing

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo would probablly be really buffed in brawl, but would also be really similer to Lucario. Roy would of also got buffed but they would probablly give him some of his own moves. Mewtwo already has some moves that aren't like other characters,so much woundn't need to be done to him

~rh

Smash Lord
Roy would probably be higher than Marth, same with Mewtwo > Lucario.

Oh well, guess we'll never know.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Well Mario got everything good out fo Doc so Doc would kinda suck now
TL is pretty much YL
Mewtwo would be loads better with the physics and campy gameplay
Pichu as usual would be complete garbage

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
It depends: Would Mewtwo be able to teleport out of a chain grab? If so, then your answer is awesomeface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom