• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you want the last Pic of the Day to be?

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
An announcement that teases or somewhat confirms DLC, even if its a sentence at the end that says "Who knows, maybe new challengers will appear later on."

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
What if Sakurai just rages about how we give him all the credit when really there is a whole development team nobody talks about. Like we only like to say Sakurai did something in the geme. He is only the director there are so many other people that do the thing you like in the game but you give credit to Sakurai.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Maybe like a pic of the day send off with like Mario, Pikachu, and a couple of other characters just waving goodbye and good luck to us all.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Maybe like a pic of the day send off with like Mario, Pikachu, and a couple of other characters just waving goodbye and good luck to us all.
Maybe they could recreate this
(0:10)

Or maybe even the mario and kirby standoff in 64's intro

(1:02)

Last edited:

Homsar3

Smash Apprentice
A picture of Duck Hunt laughing at the Ice Climbers, who are crying, captioned "The NES ambassadors!"

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
You've just brought back a chilling nostalgia. That trailer... was glorious.

Hard to say which E3 trailer was better. Smash 4 or Brawl?
Smash 4 had 2 new characters, Well 1 if you count Megaman has a seperate.
And Brawl had how many? 4. (5 if you count ZSS)
Smash 4 didn't introduce anything new except for a handheld version.
Brawl introduced final smashes and a new way of showing off newcomers.
Smash 4 had impressive visuals.
Brawl's were alright.

Brawl has a superior E3 Trailer in my opinion, But that's off-topic.

Last edited:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Newcomer bander with the words EMPLOYEES on it.
Pics showcase the making of Smash.
Ooh, Perhaps a video that shows mini interviews with the developers in a sort of "Behind the Scenes of Super Smash Bros 4" style.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
A snapshot of the fiery Smash symbol that appears at the beginning of every trailer. Nothing else. Sakurai's comment:

"What? You thought that was it?"

robot067

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3961-8884-7684
Sakurai, his cat, the dev team and the characters all giving us fans a warm goodbye. :')

Waverunner

Smash Cadet
The best damn menu in the world. Then as a secondary comment he reveals Ridley, as a trophy.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
A close up of what Ice Climbers would have looked like on Wii U, looking off into the horizon. With the caption, "See you next game."

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I got an idea, the picture shows the orbital gate stage with a codec featuring Wolf. The quote reads "This is the orbital gate stage from Star Fox: Assault, it features codecs with other characters in the Star Fox series. Here we have wolf O' Donnell, you may recognize him as he was playable in the last smash entry, sadly he didn't make it this time..."

A second picture shows an image of a lone wolfen flying by one of the planets in orbital gate and the quote reads "Well at least not yet..."

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
A teaser for DLC. That's basically all you need to generate hype even as the game is releasing.

mikanbouya

Smash Apprentice
its going to be the title screen. which is okay because i dont think we really need any more pictures of the day once the game is out?

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
"Pic of the Day" Here is Mewtwo! He was previously in Melee but I left him out of Brawl to prioritize other characters like Lucario. (pic showing Mewtwo)

"Some other challengers may appear. Maybe a PSI kid, maybe a close rival to Fox McCloud. (pic showing a close of of Lucas & Wolf's eyes, with the caption "DLC" in smash tagline style)

Internet reaction: F*** YEAH!

the8thark

Smash Lord
"Pic of the Day" Here is Mewtwo! He was previously in Melee but I left him out of Brawl to prioritize other characters like Lucario. (pic showing Mewtwo)

"Some other challengers may appear. Maybe a PSI kid, maybe a close rival to Fox McCloud. (pic showing a close of of Lucas & Wolf's eyes, with the caption "DLC" in smash tagline style)

I will rephrase your post a little.

Last pic of the day: "We at Nintendo can put any turd in SSB4 as DLC we want to".

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I honestly hope that it ends off with one of two pics, one being the Wii U version's title screen, another option being Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Little Mac, and Shulk all on Big Battlefield doing their taunts. The picture doesn't matter though, not as much as the description.

I think it will be a very gracious thank you, thanking the team who worked so hard to get this game done and the fans for being patient and keeping excitement high. He'd explain that he's going to take a little break, so he can rest and relax after this big project, especially with his arm injury. He'll say that he hopes we'll enjoy the game they worked so hard to make for us, but by the last few lines he'll say one thing to close it off...

"I'm not done yet."

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Maybe Sakurai can start off with "I'd like to thank you all for being with us for all this time! DLC is still on the way, so the the battle is still expanding! And then he gives us a picture of something along these lines, with all characters, both starter AND hidden:
Maybe even add some (or all) Assist Trophy characters in for some decent measure.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think the last Pic of the Day should be something trying to say "Enjoy Super Smash Bros.!", and it will be after a previous Pic of the Day announcing DLC characters like Mewtwo, or just announce that DLC is on the way on the same last pic of the day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom