• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you want the last Pic of the Day to be?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Me, I want a heartwarming comment like Nintendo Power's last issue with an epic picture which just gives off that vibe "Speculation and Waiting is over, Here's Super Smash Bros 4."

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I want it to show DLC characters Mewtwo, King K. Rool, and Ridley duking it out.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
You guys don't think a character reveal wouldn't be BEFORE the final pic since Sakurai said the last POTD would be at the end of the year?

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I think Sakurai will say something emotional even though it wasn't that special because they were just pics that we enjoyed, but he will say something that will be sad or emotional and he will thank us for the support and talk about the fun he had developing it along with a picture of all the characters on attlefield doing a taunt and under them there will be a caption saying "congratulations and thank you!"
私は、桜井、彼らは私たちが楽しんだだけの写真だったので、それはその特別ではなかったにもかかわらず、感情的な何かを言うと思いますが、彼は悲しい感情的になる何かを言うだろうし、彼はサポートのために私たちに感謝し、彼が持っていた楽しさについて話しますタウントをやって戦場で全ての文字の画像とし、その下に沿って開発することがあると言ってキャプションこと"おめでとうとありがとうございました!」します

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I think Sakurai will say something emotional even though it wasn't that special because they were just pics that we enjoyed, but he will say something that will be sad or emotional and he will thank us for the support and talk about the fun he had developing it along with a picture of all the characters on attlefield doing a taunt and under them there will be a caption saying "congratulations and thank you!"
私は、桜井、彼らは私たちが楽しんだだけの写真だったので、それはその特別ではなかったにもかかわらず、感情的な何かを言うと思いますが、彼は悲しい感情的になる何かを言うだろうし、彼はサポートのために私たちに感謝し、彼が持っていた楽しさについて話しますタウントをやって戦場で全ての文字の画像とし、その下に沿って開発することがあると言ってキャプションこと"おめでとうとありがとうございました!」します
Okay what's with the moonspeak beneath your post?

Also I can imagine the last PotD being something like "Thank you for being my beta testers, at a fee".

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Or maybe it could be like how he introduced himself!
It could be like
"Hello, I'm Masahiro Sakurai of Sora. I am pleased to say that Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS have been completed and people like it. I would just like to say thanks tot the fans!"

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as how the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. 4 will likely be released before the end of the year 2014 (unless we somehow get a delay that pushes the release into the year 2015, which would be a sight to behold), I'm hoping for a "Thank you!" post from Masahiro Sakurai and the development team, along with an awesome "Yeah!" screenshot of some/all the characters from the game (if it has to be limited, my ideal selection would be the "Original 12" veterans from Super Smash Bros. 64, plus Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man; maybe Shulk).

SmashXX

Smash Cadet
I really don't know, the best I can think of would be for him to announce upcoming DLC or the New 3DS.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I would imagine a pic of the title screen of the Wii U version, but with Sakurai saying "Thank you" to his fans or something like that. The reason is that I don't really expect much, or anything big toward the end.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sakurai asleep at his desk with his wife putting a blanket on him and his cat snuggling up on him.

Because I know you saps will feel all of the feels from it. ¦D

Elegant

Smash Apprentice
Probably a spoiler for the game / something relating to DLC that we didn't know about yet because of it not being leaked for 3DS. Hopefully the possibility of a few more characters.

We can always hope for the Ice Climbers to be back <3

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
Sakurai giving a huge thumbs up and smile while his right arm is engulfed in flames.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Artwork featuring every single character in the game (including secret characters) and a video of every character with splash screens (like at the end of the Smash Direct). The would be a cool way to end everything.

SmellTheJava

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0834-0767-5817
With a picture where we can see the outline of Ridley's shadow with a caption that says "It's here...? thanks for everything untill now, here's a well saved present for all of you."

And then he's confirmed as a Boss.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Sakurai giving us the middle finger with the caption:
"Here's to the Ice Climbers fans."

Edit: Oh wait, I misread the thread. I thought it was "What do you EXPECT the last pic of the day to be?"

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
A last video with every character banner, similar to how the April direct ended. I'd cry.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I'd really enjoy just a nice, genuine goodbye and thank you, maybe with something cheesy like Sakurai holding up a glass and saying "here's too Smash, and the future!"

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If you mean before the release of usa version revealing ridleys fate once and for all (or should i say show if Ridley is finally playable or he failed again) (aka show us if there are transfer characters is a thing/or patch release for the 3ds that has the missing ones/dlc is a thing.)

the8thark

Smash Lord
The pic should be a montage of every character in SSB and have these words on it:

Thank you Japan, Europe, Australia and New Zealand

the8thark

Smash Lord
If you mean before the release of usa version revealing ridleys fate once and for all (or should i say show if Ridley is finally playable or he failed again) (aka show us if there are transfer characters is a thing/or patch release for the 3ds that has the missing ones/dlc is a thing.)
Ridley not a playable character is a failure of nothing. Sakurai didn't want Ridley in the game as an initial playable character. Time for people to accept that and either hope for DLC or just accept what is in the game.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Ridley not a playable character is a failure of nothing. Sakurai didn't want Ridley in the game as an initial playable character. Time for people to accept that and either hope for DLC or just accept what is in the game.
It clearly is, he's by far one of the most requested character since melee, not including him is just dumb

the8thark

Smash Lord
It clearly is, he's by far one of the most requested character since melee, not including him is just dumb
Dumb in your and others opinions. Not dumb in Sakurai, my and others opinions.
Sakurai aside, (as it's his game), neither you or I am right, it's just our opinions. The Ridley fans have just as much right to say it was a mistake not having him in as Sakurai and others (like me) have the right to say him being in the game as a playable character is the mistake (which so far has been avoided).
Neither is wrong, just differing and equally valid opinions.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
First the rumor forums and now this

They forbid to see are sighting

Besides have you done your homework

Ridley has 0% role in the 3ds version not even a trophy and yet all kicked characters got a trophy and hes the most iconic character according to smash wiki

And have you ever heard of dlc (especially due to those arrows found in thr data dumps in the character select screen.)

And ofcoarse patch releases add stuff in other words if ToS is true a patch release for the 3ds to support those 5 transfer characters

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
First the rumor forums and now this

They forbid to see are sighting

Besides have you done your homework

Ridley has 0% role in the 3ds version not even a trophy and yet all kicked characters got a trophy and hes the most iconic character according to smash wiki

And have you ever heard of dlc (especially due to those arrows found in thr data dumps in the character select screen.)

And ofcoarse patch releases add stuff in other words if ToS is true a patch release for the 3ds to support those 5 transfer characters
The existence or lack of certain trophies mean nothing as to what DLC there will be. And I did say DLC, you even quoted that.
Ridley will either be DLC or not playable in SSB4. People can guess as to which it will be.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The existence or lack of certain trophies mean nothing as to what DLC there will be. And I did say DLC, you even quoted that.
Ridley will either be DLC or not playable in SSB4. People can guess as to which it will be.
Ok but....

Until you can proove the ToS false

And also sakurai is not going to do the same trick mario golf did

Im not jumping the gun on ridley being DLC status until then i got my theories, you got yours.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Announcing Isaac from Golden Sun as a playable character. Fighting against Wolf, Lucas, and Mewtwo.

rhysmorgan

Smash Rookie
NNID
rhysm94
Ok but....

Until you can proove the ToS false

And also sakurai is not going to do the same trick mario golf did

Im not jumping the gun on ridley being DLC status until then i got my theories, you got yours.
It's not up to anybody to prove a leak false. It's up to the leaker to prove it isn't false.
That's how the burden of proof works.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I don't know, but it'll most certainly be something bittersweet.

Top Bottom